Jump to Page:   1 · 2  |  Next Page

Area Cures and Innoculations: Info   [ Edited ]
Options     
vortexala
Blue Glowie

Server: Chilastra

3 ratings - 5.0 average

Here's some info on the new items:

• A Level Innocs/Cures have 70 MU requirement. B Level has 90. C Level has 100.

There is no way to experiment down the MU on these meds. Regardless of resource quality, the MU will remain the same.

• Innoculations are NOT effected by Wound Treatment skill mods.

Bivoli and Clothing enhancements were used, they had no effect whatsoever on the application of the innoculation.

• Innoculations can be overwritten.

The innoculations can be overwritten by a higher level innoculation. During the testing, the A was cleared by a B, and the B cleared by a C(even though the resist rate on the C was lower then the B).

• Cure Effectiveness to Poison/Disease Effectiveness ratio seems to be the same as it always was.

It took two applications from a A Cure with an effectiveness of 169 to clear a 218 effectiveness anti-med.

It took two applications from a B Cure with an effectiveness of 176 to clear a 218 effectiveness anti-med.

It took two applications from a C Cure with an effectiveness of 196 to clear a 218 effectiveness anti-med.

• C Level Innoculations have an Absorption factor.

This factor can not be experimented on and is supposed to mitigate the damage done by the anti-med. This doesn't seem to be working at present.

• Innoculation Resist to Poison/Disease Potency Info:

This is just a brief test, sample rate is low due to time constraints:

Poison: 286 effectiveness, 111 Potency

100 Resist Innoc A. Poison landed on the first try.

179 Resist Innoc B. Poison landed on the second try.

168 Resist Innoc C. Poison landed on the first try. Mitigation did not occur on the tick as it should have. The 'absorption' factor may be broken.

Thanks go to Kerry on Test Center for her great help

Message Edited by vortexala on 07-31-2004 02:15 PM

~Texxie Xetrov~
Retired Mayor of Vesania, Corellia, Chilastra
Retired Combat Medic Correspondent(Feb 04 - Dec 04)

"Tiggs > All"
Kavedawg: "b33r is cheaper then Therapy"
"Rothin is a dirty b33r thief!"

07-31-2004 02:14 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Re: Area Cures and Innoculations: Info
Options     
neutrineaux
Squadron Leader

PA: X-Wing Alliance
Server: Ahazi

vortexala wrote:
Here's some info on the new items:

• A Level Innocs/Cures have 70 MU requirement. B Level has 90. C Level has 100.

There is no way to experiment down the MU on these meds. Regardless of resource quality, the MU will remain the same.

• Innoculations are NOT effected by Wound Treatment skill mods.

Bivoli and Clothing enhancements were used, they had no effect whatsoever on the application of the innoculation.

• Innoculations can be overwritten.

The innoculations can be overwritten by a higher level innoculation. During the testing, the A was cleared by a B, and the B cleared by a C(even though the resist rate on the C was lower then the B).

• Cure Effectiveness to Poison/Disease Effectiveness ratio seems to be the same as it always was.

It took two applications from a A Cure with an effectiveness of 169 to clear a 218 effectiveness anti-med.

It took two applications from a B Cure with an effectiveness of 176 to clear a 218 effectiveness anti-med.

It took two applications from a C Cure with an effectiveness of 196 to clear a 218 effectiveness anti-med.

• C Level Innoculations have an Absorption factor.

This factor can not be experimented on and is supposed to mitigate the damage done by the anti-med. This doesn't seem to be working at present.

• Innoculation Resist to Poison/Disease Potency Info:

This is just a brief test, sample rate is low due to time constraints:

Poison: 286 effectiveness, 111 Potency

100 Resist Innoc A. Poison landed on the first try.

179 Resist Innoc B. Poison landed on the second try.

168 Resist Innoc C. Poison landed on the first try. Mitigation did not occur on the tick as it should have. The 'absorption' factor may be broken.

Thanks go to Kerry on Test Center for her great help :)

Message Edited by vortexala on 07-31-2004 02:15 PM

this is very interesting, but seems very different from earlier info.  i do not suppose we have heard if there have been changes already?

~I think the biggest issue with Jedi is their need to be able to change the outcome of dice rolls with a special force power.~
07-31-2004 02:20 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
vortexala
Blue Glowie

It's TC, there's always changes going on over there

~Texxie Xetrov~

"Tiggs > All"

07-31-2004 02:22 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Tinozza
SWG Crewman

Server: Starsider

I'm sorry to bother you Texxie, but may you give a try to some Janta/Rancor Bile ehnanced curea/inoculations, obviously if you have the possibility to do that.

On live servers Janta and Bile are very common loots, on the contrary of Spider Venom, and it will be interesting to see how these 2 components influence the power of those meds.

Anyway thanks again for you awesome work

Ragphen Robec, CM of the Starsider Galaxy

Ragphen Robec, Master CM of the Starsider Galaxy since launch

07-31-2004 04:18 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Bamboozle
Squadron Leader

Server: Chimaera

Texxie, would it be possible to do some testing on how often a poison lands on an innoculated PC?

"Landed on first try" could mean you just got lucky.

And thanks for the info!

The Kitten's Diary, Day 781: I have discovered a most delightful way of making life miserable for my captors. Yesterday, I ate the woman's precious begonia, and today I have dismembered the amaryllis in the bedroom window. She is furious over the loss of her darling house plants! I find it highly gratifying.

Shai - Lieutenant Colonel of the Imperial army, FK division
Resource Vendor in the BlueDog Mini-Mall, Haven Island, Corellia -2010 -4670
07-31-2004 06:57 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
DurendalofTempest
SWG Crewman

PA: None
Server: Tempest

owie.
07-31-2004 08:40 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
vortexala
Blue Glowie

Bamboozle wrote:
Texxie, would it be possible to do some testing on how often a poison lands on an innoculated PC?

"Landed on first try" could mean you just got lucky.

And thanks for the info!

Yeah, that was just a quickie test since I was runnin' low on time, figured I'd post it since I had that info even though it wasn't that much. I had plans tonight and I figured it'd be more fun to go out then sit there getting poisoned repeatedly

I'll try and get a large sampling tommorrow

~Texxie Xetrov~

"Tiggs > All"

07-31-2004 09:09 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Seph_Iroth
SWG Petty Officer

PA: Check the name after the post -SR-

good info. im so glad that there is finally a resonable counter to CM. But i would like to see the inoculations do more than just *maybe* preventing ONE poison/disease.

Yes, we HATE you.
07-31-2004 09:15 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Re: Area Cures and Innoculations: Info   [ Edited ]
Options     
PsionicHawk
Combat Medic Correspondent

PA: RotJ
Server: Naritus

Clarification:

Effectiveness goes against the effectiveness?

Or by posion effectiveness do you mean the "tick".

I still say Janta Blooded Area Cures will present a problem.

Also the innoculation tests (while small sampling size) seem to go against what was already tested. It could simply be "luck". I await the more high sampling test results with much anticipation.

Message Edited by PsionicHawk on 08-01-2004 12:22 AM

a Snodewejowoji a
FCM CorrespondentE
Alt: a TitanHawk a
Naritus
Trade Federation Mall -1115, 2371 Dantooine outside of MO - Resources / CM Supplies
SCMall Corellia just south of Coronet - CM Supplies
07-31-2004 09:20 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Kavedawg
Blue Glowie

PA: TCPA
Server: Test Center

PsionicHawk wrote:
Clarification:

Effectiveness goes against the effectiveness?

Or by posion effectiveness do you mean the "tick".

Also the innoculation tests (while small sampling size) seem to go against what was already tested. It could simply be "luck". I await the more high sampling test results with much anticipation.

Message Edited by PsionicHawk on 08-01-2004 12:22 AM

I think cure effectivness negates poison effectivness, so that 200 effectivness area cure A can wipe out a 200 effectivness area poison A in one shot....problem is I have never seen an area poison A with 200 effectivness, have you?

Former CM Correspondent 9/03 - 11/03
Retired....Gone Fishing

07-31-2004 10:01 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
jkray8472
Squadron Leader

PsionicHawk wrote:

Janta Blood Area Cures = the counter to Spider Venomed Area Poisons. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Never piss off a healer. They know how you're put together...they can just as easily take you apart."
Kiarda Kismet
Master (in order) - Medic, Doctor, Teras Kasi, Smuggler, Carbinier, Marksman, Artisan, Architect, Combat Medic, Pistoleer, Scout, Squad Leader, Image Designer, Entertainer, Dancer, Brawler, Fencer, Merchant, Pikeman, Swordsman, Creature Handler, Rifleman, Ranger, Bounty Hunter, Commando, Musician. Droid Engineer.
Unlocked 6/5/04

07-31-2004 10:07 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
PsionicHawk

Janta Blood is 10x more common (at least) though

Message Edited by PsionicHawk on 08-01-2004 01:18 AM

a Snodewejowoji a
FCM CorrespondentE
Naritus
Trade Federation Mall -1115, 2371 Dantooine outside of MO - Resources / CM Supplies
07-31-2004 10:18 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
PsionicHawk

And yeah I have seen a Posion A with 300 effectivness (with VERY high venom), though this is very rare. Tsu posted one that was 400+. These are not the norm though. Janta Blood can be picked up at ~20k each on my server. I have lots of the stuff laying around in piles of 2 (too few to sell with buffs).

Message Edited by PsionicHawk on 08-01-2004 01:21 AM

a Snodewejowoji a
FCM CorrespondentE
Naritus
07-31-2004 10:19 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Kavedawg
Blue Glowie

PA: TCPA
Server: Test Center

PsionicHawk wrote:
And yeah I have seen a Posion A with 300 effectivness (with VERY high venom), though this is very rare. Tsu posted one that was 400+. These are not the norm though. Janta Blood can be picked up at ~20k each on my server. I have lots of the stuff laying around in piles of 2 (too few to sell with buffs).

Message Edited by PsionicHawk on 08-01-2004 01:21 AM

an area A poison with 400 effectivness.....sorry I still have a hard time believing it. 

Former CM Correspondent 9/03 - 11/03
Retired....Gone Fishing

07-31-2004 11:13 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
PsionicHawk

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=62177

I don't *think* he used venom for this. I believe he used an exceptional infection amplifier. You would have to ask him though to be certain.

a Snodewejowoji a
FCM CorrespondentE
Naritus
08-01-2004 01:09 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Tinozza
SWG Crewman

Anyway i still think that giving the possibility to doc to use janta blood in those 2 meds isn't even remotely fair. Janta is really too powerfull and too common, on the contrary of Spider Venom. Obviously IMHO.

Ragphen Robec, CM of the Starsider Galaxy sinche launch.

Ragphen Robec, Master CM of the Starsider Galaxy since launch

08-01-2004 05:46 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
jkray8472
Squadron Leader

Right now, standard heals are more powerful than poisons/diseases.  A doctor with a well-crafted pack can heal a well-crafted poison or disease in a single tick.

Spider Venom outbalances that, where it takes multiple heals in order to completely remove the tick.  Janta Blood can place the heals back on top.  But remember that Spider Venom seems to have a larger range of stats...90-400 (highest I've seen).  Janta Bloods are always relatively low.  So JBs will insta-heal many of the lower end Spider Venoms, but take multiple shots to heal the higher end SV poisons/diseases.

But since Doctors don't get a notification of the strength of the poison they were hit with...those who are scared of SV will be using Janta Blood packs all the time--thus wasting them.  It's all about point and counterpoint.  Janta Blood also reduces the number of charges available, slightly.  And if you think to combine Janta Blood with Rancor Bile....well let's just say that your area of heal will become almost negligible.  The Dispersal Mechanism gives a huge chunk of the area bonus...a Rancor Bile has 0 area. 

/shrug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Never piss off a healer. They know how you're put together...they can just as easily take you apart."
Kiarda Kismet
Master (in order) - Medic, Doctor, Teras Kasi, Smuggler, Carbinier, Marksman, Artisan, Architect, Combat Medic, Pistoleer, Scout, Squad Leader, Image Designer, Entertainer, Dancer, Brawler, Fencer, Merchant, Pikeman, Swordsman, Creature Handler, Rifleman, Ranger, Bounty Hunter, Commando, Musician. Droid Engineer.
Unlocked 6/5/04

08-01-2004 08:13 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
-Hoodlum-
Squadron Leader

PA: Rated-XG
Server: Scylla

I am starting to think they just need to remove the damage a CM takes from mind heal. If our poisons are going to be pretty worthless then let us run around and be somewhat useful healing mind.

Currently you can heal mind about 6 times before you have over 300 wounds to mind/focus/willpower. So, 6 heals gives you about 300 wounds, then add in the factor of wearing heavy composite to stay alive with its heavy mind encumbrance. Everyone keeps bringing up CM's can heal mind, but I hate to heal mind with the penalty I have. You really must limit yourself healing mind or if you try to use any CM/MD healing skill and it will eat up 3 times as much mind.

-----
Mithious Banthafodder

Master Combat Medic - Master Doctor - Scylla
Meds and Smuggler Goods! -4291 -2132 Imperial Outpost, Dantooine
Strongest poisons and diseases for custom orders only - Email In-game

08-01-2004 08:39 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Nisdain
SWG Crewman

PA: Saberwing

-Hoodlum- wrote:
I am starting to think they just need to remove the damage a CM takes from mind heal. If our poisons are going to be pretty worthless then let us run around and be somewhat useful healing mind.

Currently you can heal mind about 6 times before you have over 300 wounds to mind/focus/willpower. So, 6 heals gives you about 300 wounds, then add in the factor of wearing heavy composite to stay alive with its heavy mind encumbrance. Everyone keeps bringing up CM's can heal mind, but I hate to heal mind with the penalty I have. You really must limit yourself healing mind or if you try to use any CM/MD healing skill and it will eat up 3 times as much mind.

With the correct buffing those wounds you get are completely and utterly negated. You have a way to completely negate the problems from mindheal, I never had a problem using it when I was fully buffed. The only problem you run into is battlefatigue lowering the strength of the mind heal.
08-01-2004 10:58 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
neutrineaux
Squadron Leader

Nisdain wrote:

-Hoodlum- wrote:

With the correct buffing those wounds you get are completely and utterly negated. You have a way to completely negate the problems from mindheal, I never had a problem using it when I was fully buffed. The only problem you run into is battlefatigue lowering the strength of the mind heal.

bf and the end of your mind buffs both have an effect.  you can get by it with food to an extent, but black mind rot does have a significant effect.

and getting a music/dance mind buff seems harder lately... are all the musicians and dancers leaving, too? 

~I think the biggest issue with Jedi is their need to be able to change the outcome of dice rolls with a special force power.~
08-01-2004 11:05 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Nisdain
SWG Crewman

2 ratings - 3.0 average

So your saying your too lazy to go find the buffs to negate it.. the irony is killing me. And whens the last time you fought PVP or high end PVE unbuffed? Does it take a little bit extra to make it useful? Yes. Is it do-able? Yup
08-01-2004 11:44 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
-Hoodlum-
Squadron Leader

PA: Rated-XG
Server: Scylla

Nisdain wrote:
So your saying your too lazy to go find the buffs to negate it.. the irony is killing me. And whens the last time you fought PVP or high end PVE unbuffed? Does it take a little bit extra to make it useful? Yes. Is it do-able? Yup

I do go get mind buffs and use food of course... But you try to heal mind pvp fighting with your friends or against PVE in the DWB or Corvette. You can do about 10 or so before the toll of healing mind starts to take you out. Also, I have never done complete mind heals as some say as other players mind pools are about 3k and I can heal for about 800 or so?

If your food fades and your stomach is full then you have 300 or so wounds and you have about 200 will power? It really starts to suck then. I am at work and not able to look at my armor stats... But I know willpower and focus get super low when food goes and there is mind wounds from healing mind.

Message Edited by -Hoodlum- on 08-01-2004 11:55 AM

-----
Mithious Banthafodder

Master Combat Medic - Master Doctor - Scylla
Meds and Smuggler Goods! -4291 -2132 Imperial Outpost, Dantooine
Strongest poisons and diseases for custom orders only - Email In-game

08-01-2004 11:54 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
neutrineaux
Squadron Leader

Nisdain wrote:
So your saying your too lazy to go find the buffs to negate it.. the irony is killing me. And whens the last time you fought PVP or high end PVE unbuffed? Does it take a little bit extra to make it useful? Yes. Is it do-able? Yup :)

duh

not lazy, but it is harder to find a mind buff than a doc buff, and it takes longer to get it if you can find a person on doing them (i don't own a buff bot).  and the effect is shorter duration.  so while i do try to get them when i can, it is not always feasible, and when it is, it adds a lot of time to getting ready for your mission or raid.

08-01-2004 12:14 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Nisdain
SWG Crewman

Your stomach shouldnt be full when you go to take more food unless you've died if it is you arent stacking food correctly... And with full mind wounds I could still heal and it would cost me about 5 mind total to use...which is regened pretty much instantly. I know several guilds that have dedicated mind buffers your guilds can just as easily get one also. It takes about 4-5 minutes total if you use food and have people doing the seperate types of buffs and using the food that reduces the time it takes. And ya can do it to the whole group at once at that... Buffing an entire group takes about that much time.. Complaining about the availability of getting the buffs is ubsurd, espically from the "So bring a doc!" crowd. I think it would be fair to say: So bring an entertainer
08-01-2004 02:35 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
neutrineaux
Squadron Leader

Nisdain wrote:
Your stomach shouldnt be full when you go to take more food unless you've died if it is you arent stacking food correctly... And with full mind wounds I could still heal and it would cost me about 5 mind total to use...which is regened pretty much instantly. I know several guilds that have dedicated mind buffers your guilds can just as easily get one also. It takes about 4-5 minutes total if you use food and have people doing the seperate types of buffs and using the food that reduces the time it takes. And ya can do it to the whole group at once at that... Buffing an entire group takes about that much time.. Complaining about the availability of getting the buffs is ubsurd, espically from the "So bring a doc!" crowd. I think it would be fair to say: So bring an entertainer :)

i am not sure i fully understand your point, but i use food, and that does help.  obtaining mind buffs (that is to say, dancer and musician mind enhancements) can be difficult if you do not have access to a buff bot.  and it does take longer to get, and not last as long, as doctor buffs.  i think the minimum time to do a three stat mind buff is 6 mins 40 sec, not counting any pauses between or time spent getting in group with the entertainer.

i was not actually complaining: i have had more difficulty finding dancers and musicians who are actually in game doing mind buffs lately, which is how i prefer to get buffed.  sometimes, failing that, you can find a public buff bot, but not always.

08-01-2004 02:59 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator
Jump to Page:   1 · 2  |  Next Page