Login  ·  Help
Jump to Page:   1 · 2 · 3  |  Next Page

Re: Politician and Player City FAQ -- 1.12.2005
Options     
DragonMan2004
Elder

Server: Shadowfire

Q: How does a mayor get elected?

A: Mayoral elections take place every three weeks, starting from the time a city hall is placed. At the city voting terminal located inside city hall, citizens can vote for registered candidates. A citizen may change their vote at any time during the three week cycle or may choose to abstain. Any citizen with a minimum of Novice Politician may register to run during the first two weeks of the voting cycle only (an e-mail will be sent to all citizens informing them of a new candidate). Registered candidates may unregister as well to withdraw from the election. The existing Mayor must register in order to run in the election. At the end of the three week cycle, the candidate with the most votes wins the election and becomes Mayor. Uncast votes count as abstentions. When a new Mayor is elected, the old Mayor loses all mayoral powers.

This statement is incorrect

I signed up yesterday and at todays update I became the mayor of Mos Vegas. I know the update notes said that this isn't the case, but I now know for sure that you can register any point before the election.

I am going to bug this in game tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Iqod Mayor of Mos Vegas - Master TKA
Toolz Inc - Mos Vegas Tent #7

01-13-2005 12:58 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Pappi
Politician Correspondent

PA: Gypsy Court
Server: Test Center

DragonMan2004 wrote:
Q: How does a mayor get elected?

A: Mayoral elections take place every three weeks, starting from the time a city hall is placed. At the city voting terminal located inside city hall, citizens can vote for registered candidates. A citizen may change their vote at any time during the three week cycle or may choose to abstain. Any citizen with a minimum of Novice Politician may register to run during the first two weeks of the voting cycle only (an e-mail will be sent to all citizens informing them of a new candidate). Registered candidates may unregister as well to withdraw from the election. The existing Mayor must register in order to run in the election. At the end of the three week cycle, the candidate with the most votes wins the election and becomes Mayor. Uncast votes count as abstentions. When a new Mayor is elected, the old Mayor loses all mayoral powers.

This statement is incorrect

I signed up yesterday and at todays update I became the mayor of Mos Vegas. I know the update notes said that this isn't the case, but I now know for sure that you can register any point before the election.

I am going to bug this in game tonight.

yup, this isn't suppose to happen. please PM me with as much info as possible so I can report them

don't make me sic the politicians on you!
Mayor of New Unity, Naboo, Test Center
Pappi Inc Tailoring: 5084 3939, Tatooine, Ahazi
. . .
01-13-2005 02:04 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
OkawieThorn
SWG Crewman

PA: Outter Rim Collective
Server: Starsider

if our city loses rank and goes from township to village and for the next 4 weeks is unable to get township back due to the cap on townships  if we get enough people can it bypass township and jump to city status if the planet isnt capped at city's there
01-29-2005 10:48 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Khristen
Pilot

PA: Kor Spera Fellowship -KSF-
Server: Naritus

1 rating - 5.0 average

Once you go down in rank, you have to go back up normally and you can only go up one rank at a time.

Khristen Lockslett Barezz
The KhrisNea Company ~ Located in Kor Spera, Corellia at -730, 1195
See pricing and availablility at: http://annespage.com/forums

01-30-2005 07:12 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
MaseAlptraum
Sr. Community Member

PA: [HñíÇ]
Server: Tempest

I have maybe a dumb question......I have the city hall, guild, and a small house= have no lots left lol....anyone know if they are going to change lot requirements?  Also if not any suggestion? Because I am going to finish doc tomorrow and want to place a hospital but oviously can't 0 lots lol....So I am about to start another character and Maybe make him/her 3 of the vendorable profs to mainly use the lots from that character...but also have like DE, Architect, i dunno what do you think?
01-30-2005 09:14 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Pappi
Politician Correspondent

MaseAlptraum wrote:
I have maybe a dumb question......I have the city hall, guild, and a small house= have no lots left lol....anyone know if they are going to change lot requirements? Also if not any suggestion? Because I am going to finish doc tomorrow and want to place a hospital but oviously can't 0 lots lol....So I am about to start another character and Maybe make him/her 3 of the vendorable profs to mainly use the lots from that character...but also have like DE, Architect, i dunno what do you think?

if you have a guild hall (currently 7 lots) and a small house (1-2 lots), you should have 1 lot left right? city hall doesn't take up any lots.

if you look at the newest sticky on the forum, they're currently changing the lot requirement on TC from 7 to 5, and it will be pushed onto live. you should be able to place a hospital if this goes live.

. . .
01-30-2005 01:35 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Miyagi-San
Veteran

PA: Outer Rim Outfitters
Server: Sunrunner

When are player cities allowed to add those enormous skyscraper looking buildings? I have seen a couple cities that have them, like Precalus (On Corellia, Sunrunner Server).

And I approached the skyscraper today and was very surprised to find out that you can go inside them, It looks like a city hall interior.

What are the details/requirements for placing these large structures? Can they be placed on Tatooine?

Miyagi-San

Mayor of Mesric Heights, Tat.
Sunrunner Server

from the desk of,
Miyagi-San

Mayor of Mesric Heights
@ Tatooine: 785 -4172

01-31-2005 09:19 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Khristen
Pilot

That's the Corellian style City Halls.  Unfortunately, it's the only Corellian building that can be placed by players that looks like that.  All the other Corellian buildings are generics. 

01-31-2005 09:35 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Re: Politician and Player City FAQ -- 1.12.2005   [ Edited ]
Options     
viidy
Community Veteran

PA: DaWg
Server: Gorath

Q: When can I place (insert desired structure or decoration here)?

A: Some Politician skills cannot be used until a city reaches a certain rank and some structures cannot be placed without a minimum rank.

At Rank 1 the city is allowed to have small gardens placed.

At Rank 2 the city is allowed to have a bank, a garage and medium gardens placed as well as player-placed Cantinas; you can also begin to set taxes at this level with the proper Politician skill.

At Rank 3 a Cloning Facility and large gardens may be placed as well as player-placed Hospital.

At Rank 4 a Shuttleport may be placed as well as player-placed Theaters.

Exotic gardens require the "Place Exotic Garden" Politician skill (granted at City Customization IV), but use the normal size requirements as regular gardens....i.e. the medium Dathomir Tree garden counts as a medium garden for the city, but requires a Politician to have City Customization IV in order to place it.

what determines the rank of your city?  the population?

Message Edited by viidy on 02-07-2005 02:45 PM

I Might be Small but I am Mighty
02-07-2005 02:42 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Pappi
Politician Correspondent

1 rating - 5.0 average

viidy wrote:
what determines the rank of your city? the population?

Message Edited by viidy on 02-07-2005 02:45 PM

just a few lines up above your quoted text:

Q: What do the city titles mean?
A: Each rank of city has it's own classification. A rank 1 city is considered an Outpost and requires 10 citizens. Rank 2 is a Village requiring 20 citizens, Rank 3 a Township requiring 35 citizens, Rank 4 a City requiring 55 citizens, and Rank 5 is a Metropolis requiring 85 citizens.

. . .
02-07-2005 02:47 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
viidy
Community Veteran

PA: DaWg
Server: Gorath

my bad hee hee thanks

I Might be Small but I am Mighty
02-07-2005 02:50 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
ElyHT
Squadron Leader

PA: {HT}
Server: Wanderhome

Q: What is the difference between Civic Structures and Commercial Structures?

A: Civic Structures are city buildings that can be placed by the mayor only and take no lots. City Halls, Gardens, Garages, Banks, Cloning Facilities, Shuttleports, terminals and decorations are Civic Structures; the city rank and Politician skills determine how many/when a structure can be placed and all maintenance costs come from the city treasury. Only the current Mayor has admin to these structures.

Commercial Structures are player-placed structures that work the same as any player structure. These structures do require a player be of a certain skill in order to place the structure, but may be transferred to another player at any time regardless of skill and will remain if a player drops the required skill. A Cantina requires a Master Musician, a Master Dancer or a Master Chef to place and takes 5 lots. A Hospital requires a Master Doctor or a Master Combat Medic to place and takes 3 lots. A Theater requires a Master Musician or a Master Dancer to place and takes 3 lots.

Is this still accurate? I have placed a Med Ctr along time ago and I'm about to drop Doc. Does this mean I can keep the structure without transferring it? One twist though, several months ago I declared residency there and was just elected Mayor yesterday. I know that by default the City Hall is now my residence but if/when I stop being Mayor, will my residency move back to the Med Ctr even though I won't have the skills anymore?

Ely-HT
-------------------------
Mayor of Ville Sura, Naboo
Master Rifleman, (Master Auction Broker)
Vendor - Dr Ely's Drug Emporium, Ville Sura Mall -2102, 946 / Ville Sura, Naboo
Vendor - Dr Ely's Drug Emporium - Coronet Branch, Corellian Outfitters Mall -152, -5502 / South Coronet, Corellia
02-07-2005 06:56 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Pappi
Politician Correspondent

ElyHT wrote:

I haven't tested this myself, but I'm pretty sure you'll be ok the hospital remains yours until you either transfer it, or redeed it. switching residency should not matter.

. . .
02-07-2005 08:42 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Amanda143
Squadron Leader

PA: LOK | | Talus Moon Band
Server: Eclipse

When I stopped being the mayor it automatically removed me as a citizen and I had to re-declare in my house...dunno if that helps anyone or not.

BA'ST
Teras Kasi Priestess || Mistress of Pikes
G Purgatory's Most Corrupt Politician G
MA'AT ISI
Dancer || Musician || Entertainer
PAnchorhead Entertainers Class of '03 P
02-07-2005 09:05 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Ubergamer
SWG Petty Officer

Quick Question:

The original Mayor of our city wants to leave. We are currently holding another election for a new Mayor. Now can the old Mayor transfer the City Hall to the new runner-up Politician during the election, or do they have to wait for the new Mayor to be officially elected before transferring the City Hall?
02-11-2005 02:23 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Khristen
Pilot

1 rating - 5.0 average

You cannot transfer city hall nor can it be redeeded.  It doesn't work like other player structures.  City Hall is tied to the mayor's account and the only way to change mayor's is through the election.

So to answer the question, they have to wait until the election is over and a new mayor is elected.  The City Hall will automatically be given to the new mayor, along with all of it's contents and treasury.

02-11-2005 11:17 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
777jb777
Wing Commander

PA: VDR
Server: Starsider

Khristen wrote:

Q: How does city maintenance work?

A: Player cities update once a week; the exact time for the city update can be determined from the City Maintenance Terminal located in City Hall.  Prior to taxation and city maintenance, the city rank and citizenship is validated.  If the city has enough citizens to advance, the city is promoted.  If the city does not have enough citizens to maintain their current rank, they are demoted.  The Mayor is notified of any changes in city rank.

Once the city's rank has been validated, the city's weekly maintenance fee is subtracted from the treasury.  City Hall maintenance is paid first, then the rest of the structures.  If the city can't pay for a structure, it becomes damaged and the mayor is notified of the structure status; the status of a civic structure can be checked from the City Maintenance Terminal.  If a civic structure is damaged and reaches 0 condition, it is destroyed.  **If City Hall is destroyed, all civic structures and decorations are destroyed and the city is disbanded; a city should take four weeks to decay if no maintenance is paid.  If a city can't pay for mission terminals, skill trainers, or decorations they are destroyed and the Mayor is notified.

What happens in the case of a Mayor who isn't subscribing to the game (or is just absentee), where no maintenance is being paid into the Treasury. When the money runs out, will the city just begin to deduct it from the Mayor's bank account instead of being disbanded ?

Mira Mar, Major - Sith Apprentice, Leader of VDR
Proud member of the Imperial Inquisition
Vendors at : 1050 6100 Braxis Naboo.
"" - Tiggs
02-14-2005 08:19 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Pappi
Politician Correspondent

777jb777 wrote:

Khristen wrote:
A: Player cities update once a week; the exact time for the city update can be determined from the City Maintenance Terminal located in City Hall. Prior to taxation and city maintenance, the city rank and citizenship is validated. If the city has enough citizens to advance, the city is promoted. If the city does not have enough citizens to maintain their current rank, they are demoted. The Mayor is notified of any changes in city rank.
Once the city's rank has been validated, the city's weekly maintenance fee is subtracted from the treasury. City Hall maintenance is paid first, then the rest of the structures. If the city can't pay for a structure, it becomes damaged and the mayor is notified of the structure status; the status of a civic structure can be checked from the City Maintenance Terminal. If a civic structure is damaged and reaches 0 condition, it is destroyed. **If City Hall is destroyed, all civic structures and decorations are destroyed and the city is disbanded; a city should take four weeks to decay if no maintenance is paid. If a city can't pay for mission terminals, skill trainers, or decorations they are destroyed and the Mayor is notified.

What happens in the case of a Mayor who isn't subscribing to the game (or is just absentee), where no maintenance is being paid into the Treasury. When the money runs out, will the city just begin to deduct it from the Mayor's bank account instead of being disbanded ?

as far as I know, this hasn't changed like the maintainance for houses, since cityhalls are special structures.

. . .
02-14-2005 09:03 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Moonkat
Squadron Leader

PA: House ni'Farajh (Lekku)
Server: Scylla

I can tell you about that this week if you haven't found an answer. There's a city on Scylla that's updating today, has 27K or so in the treasury, and costs over 300K to run.

.-:*'*:-.
Lucky Punk
Lottery

Waypoint -5523 -7011
Den of Iniquity, Tatooine, Scylla Galaxy
50/50 Lottery Drawing @ 9 Eastern every Saturday night - Proceeds go to the city treasury - Support your Star Wars community!
02-14-2005 09:35 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Boscohark
Community Contributor

PA: Brotherhood of Ni
Server: Bria

Pappi wrote:

777jb777 wrote:

Khristen wrote:
A: Player cities update once a week; the exact time for the city update can be determined from the City Maintenance Terminal located in City Hall. Prior to taxation and city maintenance, the city rank and citizenship is validated. If the city has enough citizens to advance, the city is promoted. If the city does not have enough citizens to maintain their current rank, they are demoted. The Mayor is notified of any changes in city rank.
Once the city's rank has been validated, the city's weekly maintenance fee is subtracted from the treasury. City Hall maintenance is paid first, then the rest of the structures. If the city can't pay for a structure, it becomes damaged and the mayor is notified of the structure status; the status of a civic structure can be checked from the City Maintenance Terminal. If a civic structure is damaged and reaches 0 condition, it is destroyed. **If City Hall is destroyed, all civic structures and decorations are destroyed and the city is disbanded; a city should take four weeks to decay if no maintenance is paid. If a city can't pay for mission terminals, skill trainers, or decorations they are destroyed and the Mayor is notified.

as far as I know, this hasn't changed like the maintainance for houses, since cityhalls are special structures.

Along the same lines if you have a mayor who has not re-registered to run and no one else registers what happens?  do all structures remain?  Does he remain mayor? do we lose the city?

Thanks!

Boscohark / Bregohark / Atipa Eva
Master Pikeman / Combat Merchant / Master Medic
Rebel Master Sergeant / Buck Private/ Alliance Recruit
Councillor and Director of Information
Brotherhood of Ni
Bria

02-16-2005 12:21 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Khristen
Pilot

1 rating - 5.0 average

If a mayor doesn't register to run in the election and no one else runs, the city stays in the hands of the incumbent mayor.  Nothing happens to the city.

02-16-2005 02:58 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Boscohark
Community Contributor

PA: Brotherhood of Ni
Server: Bria

Khristen wrote:
If a mayor doesn't register to run in the election and no one else runs, the city stays in the hands of the incumbent mayor.  Nothing happens to the city.

Thank you very much!

Now we just got to get his butt online to register!

Cheers!

Boscohark / Bregohark / Atipa Eva
Master Pikeman / Combat Merchant / Master Medic
Rebel Master Sergeant / Buck Private/ Alliance Recruit
Councillor and Director of Information
Brotherhood of Ni
Bria

02-16-2005 03:56 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Re: Politician and Player City FAQ -- 2.25.2005
Options     
Khristen
Pilot

Updated to reflect the 0 skill point cost and removal of apprentice point requirement.

02-25-2005 12:08 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
DandiStMin
Squadron Leader

PA: Ronin
Server: Valcyn

How may civic structures can be placed in each city level?

IGN:Torik D'Mal

Please IG e-mail and deliver any aution winning to the vendor below.
Torik's Bulk Metals - IHQ Mall in IHQ city, Naboo (in the back, big'0'bulky
Valcyn

03-03-2005 09:58 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Khristen
Pilot

The civic structures are based on the city level on what can be placed.  Building-wise, I've never tried to place more than one of each type (bank, cloning center, shuttleport).  I *think* you can only have one of each, but I would have to check and try to confirm that one.

As far as decorations like terminals, streetlamps, statues and fountains a city can have its rank X 10.  So a rank 3 city can have 30 decorations total.  You have to pay maintenance on each decoration.

03-03-2005 07:30 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator
Jump to Page:   1 · 2 · 3  |  Next Page