Ellen R. Cohn, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Associate Professor and
SHRS Assistant Dean for Instruction,
Assistant Professor, School of Pharmacy
||Office: (412) 383-6609
Office: 5026 Forbes Tower
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
University of Pittsburgh
4033 Forbes Tower
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
||Communication Science and Disorders
My interests are multidisciplinary, and span the areas of cleft palate,
dentofacial and craniofacial disorders; clinical training in speech-language
pathology; pharmacy-based and small group communication, and instructional
and telerehabilitation based applications of electronic communication.
As Assistant Dean for Instruction for the School of Health and Rehabilitation
Sciences, I promote faculty use of instructional technologies, develop
new instructional initiatives, and organize faculty development programs.
For more details, please review my curriculum
- Ph.D. University of Pittsburgh, 1980
- M.S. Vanderbilt University, 1975
- B.A. Douglass College of Rutgers University, 1974
- Cohn, E, Klinzing. G, Frieze, IH, Sereika. S, Stone, CA, and Vana
C, Academic Computing Vulnerabilities: Another View of the Roof, Educause
Quarterly, 1: 57- 61, 2004. http://www.educause.edu/apps/eq/eqm04/eqm0419.asp
- Cohn E. and Hibbitts, B. Beyond the Electronic Portfolio: A Lifetime
Personal Web Space, Educause Quarterly, 27:4 , 7-10, Nov. 2004. http://www.educause.edu/apps/eq/eqm04/eqm0441.asp
- Cohn, E, One Course, One WebsiteOf Course? Educause Quarterly,
- Cohn, E. Introduction of Computing Competencies for Future Healthcare
Professionals, Editor: Dave Brown, In: Teaching With Technology:
Sixty Professors From Eight Universities Tell Their Stories, Anker,
NH: Anker Publishing Co., 2000.
- Cohn, E, and Stoehr. G. Multidisciplinary Applications of CourseInfo
Course Management Software to Motivate Students in Traditional Course
Settings, Interactive Multimedia Electronic Journal of Computer-Enhanced
Learning, 2:1, http://imej.wfu.edu/articles/2000/1/04/index.asp
- Skolnick, ML and Cohn, ER, Videofluoroscopic Studies of Speech
in Patients With Cleft Palate. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1989.
- Cohn ER, Rood, SR, McWilliams BJ, Skolnick, ML, and Abdelmalek, LR,
Barium sulphate coating of the nasopharynyx in lateral view videofluoroscopy.
Cleft Palate Journal, 21:7,-17, 1984.
- Glaser, ER, (now ER Cohn) Garver, KL, Metz, MC, McWilliams, BJ, Skolnick,
ML and Garrett, WS, Velopharyngeal incompetence in a patient with multifocal
eosinophilic granuloma ,(Hand-Schuller-Christian Disease), Journal of
Speech-Language and Hearing Disorders, 47:320-323, 1982.
- McWilliams, BJ, Glaser, ER, (now ER Cohn) Philips, BJ, Lawrence, C,
Lavorato, AS, Beery, QC, and Skolnick, ML. A comparative study of four
methods of evaluating velopharyngeal adequacy. Plastic and Reconstructive
Surgery, 68:1-9, July 1981.
- Skolnick, ML, Glaser, ER (now ER Cohn) and McWilliams, BJ, The uses
and limitations of the barium swallow in the detection of velopharyngeal
insufficiency, Radiology, 135:301-304, May 1980.