CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite 12 More Information | Download the Trial
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 Marks a New Era of Intelligent Graphics Software
Premiere Graphics Suite for Windows Available Starting Today
Ottawa, Canada – February 10, 2004
Corel today announced that it has simultaneously shipped CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite 12 in eight languages to customers around the world. Available today in English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 allows users to perform many design tasks twice as fast as ever before.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 features an exciting new breed of intelligent tools that deliver the power professional designers demand, while adding the ease of use and compatibility business users require. This comprehensive graphics suite lets customers create stunning design projects in record time.
"Customers around the world are experiencing first hand the dramatic impact Corel's new suite has on the way they work. An evolution in graphics software, our new suite delivers an unsurpassed level of intelligence that speeds the design process and delivers outstanding professional results," said Brett Denly, Executive Vice President of World Wide Marketing. "By giving designers and business users powerful tools that save them valuable time when creating their graphics, we're changing their expectations of graphics software and establishing CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 as a critical component of the well-equipped desktop."
Suite enhancements increase productivity:
Corel's partners embrace the new suite!
- New! Smart Drawing tool – Designers are able to get their ideas down fast with professional results. Built-in intelligence automatically recognizes shapes, smooths curves and interprets freehand line drawings to easily create perfect shapes and objects, on the fly.
- New! Export For Office – Designers can create stunning graphics and easily bring them into Microsoft® Office and WordPerfect® Office documents. An ideal companion to office suites, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 enables users to easily preview and import graphics files into text documents, slide presentations and spreadsheets without worrying about file format compatibility.
- New! Dynamic Guides – With unprecedented control, users can create a shape, draw a line, or place an object exactly where they want it, in one step. Design time is dramatically reduced when users can create, size and position objects easily and precisely, with fewer clicks.
- Enhanced! Snap to Objects – Designers can now save significant time when laying out projects by quickly and precisely drawing or modifying objects in relation to each other. Users get real-time feedback when mousing over snapping areas on objects and can choose to snap to any or all of the following: Node, Intersection, Midpoint, Quadrant, Tangent, Perpendicular, Edge of objects and lines, Center, Text Baseline or Printable Area.
- New! Text Features – Users can now see detailed changes to type, including leading and kerning, regardless of the zoom level. They can view and manipulate text on-screen with ease and enjoy the same superior control over text as with graphics.
- New! Unicode Support – Users can easily share files with colleagues around the world and seamlessly incorporate multiple languages into a single design, no matter which language version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 is being used.
- New! Touch-up brush – Users can remove defects (dust, scratches, etc.) from digital images and see results in real time. This dedicated tool performs common image/photo touch-ups by intelligently covering unwanted areas.
"Corel's new suite is an ideal companion to our tablets! The exciting new Smart Drawing tool empowers designers with a very advanced, yet intuitive way to enjoy the comfort, control and productivity of a Wacom pen. Together, we create an optimal environment for graphics creation," said Scott Rawlings, Marketing Vice President at Wacom.
"Graphics are playing an increasingly important role in the creation of high-impact business presentations and documents. CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 is ideal for business users who want to take their creative power beyond the capabilities of their existing presentations package," said George Coll, CompUSA VP of Services and eCommerce. "With a powerful, yet simple to use interface, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 lets users easily share graphics with their office suite software, making the suite a great extension to the business desktop."
"Many small- and medium-sized businesses are looking for cost-effective ways to bring their design and marketing projects in house," said George D'Errico, Senior Director of Product Marketing for PC Connection, one of the nation's leading technology resellers. "Today, great design is extending beyond the creative department, as more and more business generalists are using graphics to add visual punch to their communications. CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 is ideal for small and medium businesses. It provides a powerful and value-packed suite that enables designers and business users to create professional graphics for a full spectrum of design projects, from full printed brochures to eye-catching presentations."
"CorelDRAW Graphics Suite is extremely popular with our customers because it offers them exceptional graphics tools at a compelling price," said Dan DeVries, Executive Vice President of Marketing at PC Mall. "With the addition of new intelligent tools and time saving enhancements, we know that this new release will provide them with the creative power they're looking for – whether they are a trained graphics professional or a business user."
Pricing and Availability
Offering unrivaled value, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 gives customers the incredible power of three integrated graphics applications, plus a collection of other useful tools and utilities all in one box. The new suite includes CorelDRAW® 12 for illustration, page-layout and vector drawing; Corel PHOTO-PAINT® 12 for professional digital imaging; and Corel R.A.V.E.™ 3 for motion-graphics creation.
Built for the Windows platform, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 is available today at the U.S. suggested retail price of $399 for the full product, $179 for the upgrade product, and $99 for the education version.
> For more information on CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 and its new features, please visit www.corel.com/cdgs12.
A free trial version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 can be downloaded from www.corel.com/cdgs12/trial.
Corel provides innovative software solutions and services which help millions of customers worldwide improve their productivity. Founded in 1985, the Company is best known for its leading graphics and office productivity solutions, including CorelDRAW® and WordPerfect®. With its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, Corel has offices around the globe. For more information, please visit: www.corel.com.
© 2004 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, CorelDRAW, R.A.V.E., PHOTO-PAINT, WordPerfect and the Corel logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries. All other product, font and company names and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.