Atari. The very word should send shivers down your spine, and memories down your synapses. Return to the thrilling arcade days of yesterday with pixel perfect versions of some of the most classic and pioneering videogames ever created. Using proprietary emulation technology, Digital Eclipse presents, for the first time, a collection of such magnitude that no serious -- or casual -- game fan should be without. This personal arcade on CD-ROM comes with all of the following games: Battlezone, Pong, Tempest, Asteroids, Gravitar, Warlords, Crystal Castles, Missile Command, Centipede, Millipede, Super Breakout, and Asteroids Deluxe.
- 12 classic arcades games playing exactly as they did in the arcade, via Digital Eclipse's precise Digital Arcade(tm) hardware emulation
- Support for numerous controllers and control set-ups to ensure that your playing experience is arcade perfect
- A 30+ minute video interview with the man who started the arcade revolution, Nolan Bushnell
- Quick taskbar access for instant access to your favorite games
- Save any game in-progress and pick it up later, even after restarting your computer
- Optional authentic cabinet art to frame the playfield, for that added touch of realism
- Optional enhanced game modes that keep the same authentic gameplay while giving a richer look to the games
- An awesome trip down memory lane with an interactive Atari memorabilia exhibit
- Excerpts from the definitive book on the history of the video game phenomenon, "Phoenix: The Fall and Rise of Videogames"
- Access to all the operator settings (bonus levels, lives, difficulty settings, etc.)
- Desktop themes (including mouse pointers, cursors, sound schemes, icons, screen savers and fonts) for each of the 12 classic games in this great package!
Things to note:
This package has been a major labor of love for the classic game nuts at Digital Eclipse, and it shows. From the free Atari sticker to the classic arcade border art to the way you can customize how each game works, just as arcade operators could (setting free play, difficulty levels, etc), this package is designed to maximize your immersion in the best games Atari ever created.
Atari Anniversary Edition is a combination of Atari Arcade Hits 1 and Atari Arcade Hits 2 into one must-have collection!
Things to note:
The games in Atari Anniversary Edition are more recently available as part of the awesome mega-collection, Atari: The 80 Classic Games!
Did you know?
Digital Eclipse's version of Centipede from Atari Anniversary Edition appears as CD Extra on the recent released CD Single "I Don't Think So"/"Click Here" from popular 80's Dutch band Gruppo Sportivo.