Star Wars Galaxies
Politician
Login  ·  Help
Jump to Page:   1 · 2 · 3  |  Next Page

Politician FAQ: under construction...   [ Edited ]
Options     
Bajeezus
Blue Glowie

There is an Advanced Player Guide to Player Cities on the official site.  It has a great deal of valuable information regarding Player Cities.  It can be found here: http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/content.jsp?page=Advanced%20Guide%20Player%20Cities

City Facility Maintenance costs, weekly:

City hall:

* Outpost - 35k
* Village - 60k
* Township - 85k
* City - 110k
* Metropolis - 135k

Bank: 1.5k

Cloning Center: 20k

Shuttleport: 25k

Large Garden: 30k

Medium Garden: 20k

Small Garden: 10k

Trainer: 1.5k (1k to place) *Currently bugged so that you continue to be charged for trainers that have been removed*

Terminal: 1.5k (1k to place)

Fountain: 1.5k (1k to place)

Statue: 1.5k (1k to place)

Streetlamp: 1.5k (1k to place)

Specializations:

* Cloning - 80k
* Stronghold - 150k
* Manufacturing - 50k (?)
* Research - 125k
* Medical - 80k
* Entertainment - 80k
* Job Market - 80k
* Sample Rich - 70k

*City registration - 5k

-thanks to Freaksken for posting this.

Here's the official response from GreenMarine on the lost mayor experience. This is concerning mayors getting no exp for an election. This is NOT about the 1 vote loss.

Official Response (that you can post)

1. There is a bug with mayors sometimes not getting xp for an election. We are looking into it.

2. CSRs can reimburse xp lost in this way."

Any CSRs reading this thread should note that there is NOT a 2x cap on politician experience. It is a 20x cap.

Player Cities may not always advance to the next rank, even when the city population qualifies for the next rank.  Many times, this may be due to the limits on the number of player cities allowable at each rank on each planet.

The new limits are as follows (The first number is the total cap. The second is how many can be rank 3 or above. The third is how many can grow to rank 4 or above.):

• Corellia: 20, 15, 10
  • Dantooine: 50, 30, 20
  • Lok: 50, 30, 20
  • Naboo: 20, 15, 10
  • Rori: 50, 30, 20
  • Talus: 50, 30, 20
  • Tatooine: 20, 15, 10

Concerning your first election: There may be a bit of confusion based on how it operates in reality versus how you're expecting it to work.

Currently if you go to your city hall terminal and select the maintenance option you will get a system message telling you when your city event is due to happen. This is your election time and it will vary depending on server downtime.

When this timer reaches 0, your Election will occur.

HOWEVER there will be no immediate visible action. This is the trigger and your city event is now processing. This processing will take an indeterminant amount of time. When the processing is complete, maintenance will be withdrawn from the treasury and the election results will be sent out to all citizens. If there's a new mayor they will take over when the event finishes.

DURING the processing of the event, your Time to Next Election may show "error."

This is normal and to be expected. They may have it changed to something more meaningful by Thursday, but if not do not be surprised of you see "error" and do not panic. There's no need to bother customer service, and there's no need to come to the forums and say "It didn't work." Just be patient and it will happen. It just may take a while depending on server load.

Oh and good luck on your first elections

Many cities have experienced multiple updates within a single week.  This is an ongoing issue, and one on which the CSRs should have some relief for you.  Make sure to file a CSR report including your city name, planet, and amount of lost credits due to repeat maintenance requirements.

Re-Deeding Bugs: Re-deeding city facilities, particularly gardens seems to be very buggy right now.  Often an attempt to re-deed a garden will result in a nearby garden or facility being destroyed and re-deeded instead.  Most often you will be able to use the mistakenly re-deeded buildings again with no problems, but it can be confusing or frustrating.  Gardens may also re-deed with a generic title instead of their actual titles, for example a "Large Corellian Spire Fountain" might re-deed and display only the title "Large Garden".  It should appear as the correct garden when placed, but the name on the deed in inventory will not display correctly.

Please submit addition FAQ suggestions in this thread.  I'll be revising it, attempting to make it a list of what are really the most frequently asked questions here.  I'd like to make it a useful tool for newcomers to the profession and a valuable reference even for veteren Politicians.  I don't feel the need to repeat what is in the advanced guide, unless we we get a major spike in the frequency of questions on those topics.  I would like to keep this fresh with the most important ongoing issues that folks will be coming here looking for information on.

Q: What Political skill do you need to place a Player City Garage?

A: Civic Policy 2

Message Edited by Bajeezus on 03-01-2004 12:46 PM

01-12-2004 03:10 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Re: Politician FAQ: under construction...
Options     
HiroBlack
Squadron Leader

PA: Guild of Descendants
Server: Intrepid

Here is what has been generated thus far from the Taxes FAQ thread for inclusion into the general Politician FAQ:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taxes & Maintenance FAQ Info

Taxes are managed from the city management terminal and all tax information is public and can be seen there. There are four types of tax the mayor can collect:

1 - Property Tax - Every player who owns a structure (house, factory, harvester, PA hall, or civic structure) in the city pays a percentage of their maintenance as property tax. This amount is automatically factored into the structure maintenance.  When a player examines a structure they can see the hourly maintenance rate and it will state on that dialog box what the cities taxes are.

This tax is known to have the side effect of destroying the homes of inactive or maintenance fee delinquent players.  It can do so by removing money at a more rapid rate from their homes, and has been known to cause issues for casual or infrequent players. 

This tax is charged per hour in keeping with the scheduled maintenance payment of a structure.

Unknown if there is a cap.

2 - Citizen (Income) Tax - A non-mandatory flat fee tax charged to every citizen of the city. The money is automatically removed from the player's bank should the player being taxed accept the system message prompting for payment. If the player can't pay, the mayor is notified of the delinquent payment via email. 
This tax is a charged to citizens on a weekly basis. 

This tax has a cap of 2000cr.

The mayor appears to be exempt from this tax.

The deductions appear to be taken at random times from citizens throughout the week (perhaps at login times?)

There may be a bug with deliquent tax notifications to the mayor, further input from the Politicians is needed on this topic.

3 - Sales Tax - A sales tax added to every item sold by a merchant in the city.  The vendor owner sets a price for a given item, and when a customer views that price, they see it with the tax already added in for them to provide transparency. 

Tax is collected at the time of purchase. 

This tax also applies to the item offered to that vendor.

It is unknown if there is a cap on Sales Tax. 

4 - Travel Fee - An additional fee added onto the normal ticket price for traveling from the city. 

This fee is known to reset itself daily back to 100cr (bug).

In some instances setting this fee to zero causes issues with the shuttleport that can be resolved only by redeeding it (bug).

The fee is known to apply only to ticket purchases made from the city's shuttleport.  Round trip tickets purchased from another location to your shuttleport and back do not produce tax revenue.

Tax is collected at the time of ticket purchase.

There is a maximum fee of 1000cr on the shuttle tickets.

Currently donations made to the city are anonymous, and give no notification to the mayor.

All taxes are deposited directly into the city treasury. City maintenance is evaluated on a weekly basis, after the mayoral election. Each week the total maintenance cost of the city is calculated and subtracted from the treasury.

Each civic structure in the city contributes to the maintenance fee.  City hall maintenance is paid first, then the rest of the structures. If the city can't pay for a structure, it will notify the mayor and damage the structure. The status of civic structures may be checked in the city structure report. If a civic structure reaches 0 condition it is destroyed. If the city hall is destroyed, all civic structures are removed and the city is disbanded. A city should take 4 weeks to decay if no maintenance is paid. If the city can't pay for mission terminals, skill trainers, or decorations, it destroys them. The mayor is always notified of this.

Reported bugs in decay include having removed trainers and decorations continue to count against the city's cap on the number of these items available.

The weekly city maintenance is paid from the city treasury, and the mayor of the city only has limited access to these funds - they can withdraw a maximum of 50,000 credits per day, and each withdraw sends an email to all the citizens of the city with the amount that was taken.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are still a couple of gray areas, but I think we've got a solid foundation here.

- Acroyear

ACROYEAR

LEADER OF THE GUILD OF DESCENDANTS
Enhanced Clothing -=- Master Artisan Equipment -=- Shipyards -=- and Bulk Water/Resource Sales
Master Artisan =|= Master Tailor =|= Master Shipwright =|= Merchant
/waypoint 1730 -4350 SE of Dearic, on Talus in TALUSIAN TRADE CENTER in Tal'Alderaan
01-13-2004 07:58 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Ne0Shad0w
Wing Commander

PA: Regulators
Server: Kauri

This burns a bit as I had a CSR Ticket open three weeks ago with the XP loss issue.  I don't recall the CSR's name, but he insisted there was no bug, that 2k was the cap, and there was no hard evidence (logs) to show if I received the xp for the amount of votes. 

One hand should really know what the other is doing.  This CSR argued with me.  I eventually told him that this was a game, and I should be enjoying myself.  Not bickering on if I lost xp or not.

Neoshadow
Colonel - Rebel Alliance, Chancellor of The Regulators, <REGS>
Mayor of Darjani Peaks, Dantooine, Kauri
Former Mayor of New Qaestar, Talus, Kauri
All your DEATHSTAR are belong to us.
Regulator Forum

01-13-2004 08:06 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Ne0Shad0w
Wing Commander

PA: Regulators
Server: Kauri

I've decided I'm going to resubmit my CSR Ticket.  Maybe I got the bad apple of the bunch.  I love this game, it bring me a lot of fun.  However these simple details can cause a lot of grief ufairly to the customer.  CSR's should have a running list on current issues with all servers.  Then this kind of situation can be avoided.

Just an after thought.

Neoshadow
Colonel - Rebel Alliance, Chancellor of The Regulators, <REGS>
Mayor of Darjani Peaks, Dantooine, Kauri
Former Mayor of New Qaestar, Talus, Kauri
All your DEATHSTAR are belong to us.
Regulator Forum

01-13-2004 08:30 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
SacredNemesis
Pilot

PA: Sacred Nemesis
Server: Chilastra

Do you think we could get a list of all the politician's and militia's commands like /cityban, etc? There seems to be alot of misinformation floating around since publish and subsequent patches.

v Qabalah v
Nemesis City, Dantoonie, Chilastra
Home to the Rebel's Pride: THE X-WING
Sacred Nemesis PA - WINNERS of the Scavenger Hunt 3.06.04 - www.sacrednemesis.com/SWG
Qabalah PA Leader, Mayor/Master Architect | Nobef, Master Bounty Hunter | Keter, Master Musician

01-14-2004 03:23 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
DaQuilla
Wing Commander

PA: Etraes'khar
Server: Gorath

I'd like to see an acurate list of maintenance for houses, factories, city structures and gardens ... there are always questions here about those, and I don't remember ever reading about the prize for a large garden for example

Kheraba City - . - . - . - . - M a y o r - . - . - . - . - . - . - Etraes'Khar
A place to call your home - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - Many are called, few are chosen
- Where they play that Jizzz - The Green Fizz - Player Cantina Snacks&Drinks

- Tatooine - -3230 -6150 - Gorath Galaxy
01-14-2004 03:45 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
SacredNemesis
Pilot

PA: Sacred Nemesis
Server: Chilastra

DaQuilla wrote:
I'd like to see an acurate list of maintenance for houses, factories, city structures and gardens ... there are always questions here about those, and I don't remember ever reading about the prize for a large garden for example

Great suggestion.

v Qabalah v
Nemesis City, Dantoonie, Chilastra
Home to the Rebel's Pride: THE X-WING
Sacred Nemesis PA - WINNERS of the Scavenger Hunt 3.06.04 - www.sacrednemesis.com/SWG
Qabalah PA Leader, Mayor/Master Architect | Nobef, Master Bounty Hunter | Keter, Master Musician

01-14-2004 03:50 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
vaderdeb
SWG Crewman

I havent been reimbursed from the CSR's from my missing politician exp (6400XP) from right before Christmas- they told me that their logs showed i got it, so he told me I'm S O L.  I didnt get it so me and my citizens got screwed.

Debe Taz-Mayor of ShadowRealm, Naboo-Tarquinas

01-14-2004 08:15 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Agep
Wing Commander

Server: Tarquinas

vaderdeb wrote:

I havent been reimbursed from the CSR's from my missing politician exp (6400XP) from right before Christmas- they told me that their logs showed i got it, so he told me I'm S O L. I didnt get it so me and my citizens got screwed.

Debe Taz-Mayor of ShadowRealm, Naboo-Tarquinas

told me the same thing
01-14-2004 08:35 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Sabarth
SWG Petty Officer

City Specialization

Has anyone selected the City Specialization: Research Center?  If so where or how do you see that 15% experiment bonus added?  My Merchants are starting to riots!!

Sabarth

Mayor of Valor, Dantooine, Naritus srv

01-18-2004 08:16 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Bajeezus
Blue Glowie

HiroBlack: Would you like your Tax FAQ to be integrated into the initial post in this thread, with credit given to you, or just have it stay in your own post where it is, under the first post?
01-19-2004 11:30 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
PadreBook
Wing Commander

PA: Serenity Valley Inc.

What about the city specialization staying if you no longer have the relevant skill for it or a new mayor takes over?

Padre

01-19-2004 04:21 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
PadreBook
Wing Commander

PA: Serenity Valley Inc.

PadreBook wrote:

What about the city specialization staying if you no longer have the relevant skill for it or a new mayor takes over?

Padre

Is this unknown?

Padre
01-20-2004 07:48 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
HiroBlack
Squadron Leader

PA: Guild of Descendants

Bajeezus wrote:
HiroBlack: Would you like your Tax FAQ to be integrated into the initial post in this thread, with credit given to you, or just have it stay in your own post where it is, under the first post?

Please integrate it, I think it would be easier for all concerned if all of the relevant Politician information were kept in one document.  And as far as credit goes it was a colaberative work pulled together from posts, so there is no need to do so.

- Acroyear

ACROYEAR

LEADER OF THE GUILD OF DESCENDANTS
Enhanced Clothing -=- Master Artisan Equipment -=- Shipyards -=- and Bulk Water/Resource Sales
Master Artisan =|= Master Tailor =|= Master Shipwright =|= Merchant
/waypoint 1730 -4350 SE of Dearic, on Talus in TALUSIAN TRADE CENTER in Tal'Alderaan
01-20-2004 08:16 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Bajeezus
Blue Glowie

Thanks, HB.  Will do.  I'll be keeping all of the additions and suggestions for new FAQs and answers in this thread, and then once we get enough to put them together, I'll make a new FAQ sticky without the "under construction sign," all fresh and updated and clean.
01-20-2004 11:51 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Kairo
SWG Petty Officer

PA: Mystic Alliance
Server: Starsider

SacredNemesis wrote: Do you think we could get a list of all the politician's and militia's commands like /cityban, etc? There seems to be alot of misinformation floating around since publish and subsequent patches.

/cityban - prevents target from entering civic structures or flying OUT of the city shuttleport. Unknown how long the ban lasts, NOT permanent.

usable by mayor and militia members

/grantzoningrights - allows the target to place a structure within the city limits when zoning has been enabled. The rights lasts for 24 hours and can be toggled on and off. Militia members cannot grant themselves rights.  The mayor never needs to be granted rights.

/citypardon - removes the /cityban restrictions placed on the target

usable by the mayor only

Kainite Windsor
Accountant: "Here's your Tax Refund!!!" | Warmaster: "Campaign Finance Reform This!!!" | Urban Planner: "I'll Grant You Some Zoning Rights!!!" Tera Kasi Master: "Don't hurt me!!!"
North Beach, Naboo
Starsider
North Beach City Plans

01-21-2004 08:58 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Bajeezus
Blue Glowie

Kairo wrote:

SacredNemesis wrote: Do you think we could get a list of all the politician's and militia's commands like /cityban, etc? There seems to be alot of misinformation floating around since publish and subsequent patches.

/cityban - prevents target from entering civic structures or flying OUT of the city shuttleport. Unknown how long the ban lasts, NOT permanent.

/grantzoningrights - allows the target to place a structure within the city limits when zoning has been enabled. The rights lasts for 24 hours and can be toggled on and off. Militia members cannot grant themselves rights.  The mayor never needs to be granted rights.

/citypardon - removes the /cityban restrictions placed on the target

usable by the mayor only

I want to give you guys a useful and informative FAQ, and I will listen to you and follow your lead on what you think needs to be in the FAQ, but let me give you my opinion on how it can work best.  My initial purpose in putting together a Politician/Player City FAQ is not to create a giant comprehensive list of every feature, skill, command, and element of this sphere of the game.  Much of what a player needs to know is already included either in the advanced player guide, in the in-game holocron, or is already pretty explicit in the game systems.

I would like to focus this FAQ on frequently asked questions that do not have readily available answers elsewhere, or which are based on confusing or missing information elsewhere.  Plinka's guide to "your first election" is an example of this.  Without reading that guide, it would appear the city update is bugged when it goes into "error" mode.  Or for another example, the city caps do not appear in the advanced player guide and are not accessible in-game, only from the old patch notes, so they belong in this FAQ, IMO.

In Sacred Nemesis and Kairo's example, the line commands are accessible in-game under the ctrl-a menu, complete with hotkey icons for executing them.  I would rather include something like: "As you gain new abilities, either as a politician or militia member, make sure to check the abilities menu under the "other" tab by hitting (ctrl-a) to see what abilities you have available to you."

My general philosophy on this would be to keep this FAQ list updated with accurate answers to the most current FAQs, and to point players to existing information in cases where FAQs continue to be asked regarding already available information so that players learn to use the in-game systems or official profession information wherever available instead of relying on out-of-game, unofficial information to be able to play the game.

Let me know if this is a philosophy that you can agree with and a direction you would like to see pursued in creating this forum's FAQ list, or if you would prefer a different way of doing things.

01-21-2004 10:34 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Chibi-Bar
Wing Commander

PA: Free Trade Alliance (FTA)
Server: Lowca

Q: Would all my preplace city structure remain in game if we change mayors?

A: Yes. I have not test this with specialization, but we transfer to a new mayor with 0-0-0-0 skills from a 2-2-2-4.  We still have our cantina, shuttleport, cloning centers and all the gardens (large ones) just we can't move them until I get more skills.  I know a lot of people ask about this. Just to let you know it works. As for specialization, we didn't think it was worth the cost vs effect.

Sasheria Windsong

Master Artisian and Master Architect
Drop off Vendor Cynthia: -4752 -4341
Architect Shop Vendor Sasha:-4756 -4341
Citizen of Blood Gulch, Dantooine

01-21-2004 12:08 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Chauncey98
SWG Petty Officer

PA: NRA
Server: Radiant

Can anyone tell me what happens if the Current Mayor of a city surrenders Novice Polotician?  There is currently another runner in the race, will it transfer mayor to the other runner by default?

Morte

- NRA Guild Leader -

Still Waiting...
01-25-2004 02:30 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Prescient
SWG Petty Officer

PA: Mos Strahteks
Server: Wanderhome

Chibi-Bar wrote:
Q: Would all my preplace city structure remain in game if we change mayors?

A: Yes. I have not test this with specialization, but we transfer to a new mayor with 0-0-0-0 skills from a 2-2-2-4.  We still have our cantina, shuttleport, cloning centers and all the gardens (large ones) just we can't move them until I get more skills.  I know a lot of people ask about this. Just to let you know it works. As for specialization, we didn't think it was worth the cost vs effect.

City Specializations do stay when the new Mayor takes over. Our last Mayor made our city a Research Center and it stayed when I replaced him. Seems like it boils down to this when a new Mayor is elected:

Everything stays as it was when the last Mayor looses the election. The new Mayor can remove anything he/she wants, but needs the required skills to place it back.

Saevok Iveim - Mayor of Mos Strahteks City
Tatooine, Wanderhome

01-28-2004 12:03 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Sevarhin
Squadron Leader

PA: D
Server: Ahazi

Add explanation of city specs. I'll submit a sample for research...

RESEARCH:

Provides crafters with improved odds when experimenting. It doesn't increase the number of experiment points a crafter has; it improves the odds of getting a favorable roll when experimenting (more frequent amazings, less frequent failures).

Tranquility Shipyards: Ultimate Starship Construction
Starships by Sevarhin (on vacation! sorry!)
Navigation by Efon

Tranquility, Naboo, Ahazi's first Player City
02-05-2004 09:22 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Penstar
SWG Petty Officer

Server: Flurry

Would like to see a list of all politician trainer locations.   You cannot use traditional ways to locate the trainer by /find or using the Ctrl + v map.  A search of websites such as allakhazam and swgcraft as well as a thourogh google search yeilded nada.

This info was made critical for us when the mayor of our Rori city quit a few hours ago.  We hastily found someone who was qualified to run, but he could not find a trainer.  Eventually he went to Bestine, the sole place that does have trainer loc listed on the usual websites.  He was rushing back to the city to register and citizens were anxiously standing by waiting to vote before the server shutdown.  Alas, he was still 1000 m out from our city when the servers went down today.

Anyway.... it would sure be nice to have a list of all the pol trainers.

Sabine/ Flurry
Nalemume /Kettemoor

"I'm a dancer, not a fighter!"

02-07-2004 04:38 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Kairo
SWG Petty Officer

PA: Mystic Alliance

Questions that seem to be asked on a daily basis:

Q: Does the city hall take up lots?

A: No, all civic structures (City Hall, Cloning Center, Bank, Gardens and Shuttleport) take zero lots.

Q: Can the mayor resign?

A: No, the ONLY way to remove the current mayor is to vote him/her out of office.

Q: Can a city be sold?

A: Technically, no.  Because there is no method to resign, there is no way to insure that the buyer can become mayor if the citizens so choose.

Q: Can the City Hall be re-deeded?

A: No, the city hall can only be destoryed.

Kainite Windsor
Accountant: "Here's your Tax Refund!!!" | Warmaster: "Campaign Finance Reform This!!!" | Urban Planner: "I'll Grant You Some Zoning Rights!!!" Tera Kasi Master: "Don't hurt me!!!"
North Beach, Naboo
Starsider
North Beach City Plans

02-09-2004 05:39 AM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
DragonsChosen
SWG Crewman

PA: Former IED GOD(well the right hand of god)

I'm confused on how politicain exp works... how do you get it? and when?

Name: Grach (Retired)

Species: Wookie

Cause Of Death: lighting a Type 10 Fire Work while on shuttle = PermaDeath

02-16-2004 03:36 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator

Options     
Zahnna
Advocate

DragonsChosen wrote:
I'm confused on how politicain exp works... how do you get it? and when?

I'm curious about this as well. I just became mayor of our brand new city about an hour ago, and I can't seem to find a definitive explanation. I've had people move in, build houses, and declare residency, but I haven't gotten any xp from it yet. Does it only happen once per day?

-Z
02-19-2004 08:23 PM   Report Abuse to a Moderator
Jump to Page:   1 · 2 · 3  |  Next Page