Return Home News Reference Discussion Forums
Latest News
Toa Giants: Up Close (2/22/05)

»BZPower Forum Rules & Guidelines
(Updated 3/24/04) [Click here]
Login To Your BZP Account Your Control Panel See What Online Users Are Doing Find What You Are Looking For How to Use the System See the Calendar of BZP Events See List of BZP Members

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Interview with Hafu, ... the stone-carver etched into history
GaliGee 
  Posted: Jul 14 2002, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Ice Warrior

Group: Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
Member No.: 720
PE: Karma

Welcome back. After Pohatu's daring rescue of Hafu, I just had to talk to the brave Tohunga who sacrificed his masterful statues, and almost his life, to protect his village of Po-Koro. So here is our conversation.

(IMG:http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/GaliGee/GaliGeeArt/hafu-interview.jpg)

Interview with Hafu the Stone-Carver

GaliGee: Thanks for this interview, Hafu. It's an honor to speak with such a brave hero.

Hafu: If you say so.

GaliGee: Please describe for the BZ members what the Po-Koro Tahnok attack was like.

Hafu: It was awful. We heard rumbling, and saw smoke on the horizon. Everything was glowing red. We couldn't figure out what would be on fire, out in the desert. Then we realized it was the SAND that was on fire. That's when we got really scared.

GaliGee: Yikes!

Hafu: My reaction exactly. Then, when the Tahnok blasted through the barricades, we were sure we were goners.

GaliGee: Then you realized how you could stop them.

Hafu: Yes. Onewa can be very persuasive, having the Komau and all. I really didn't want to knock down my own statues, but it had to be done.

GaliGee: It was very courageous of you to go out there alone.

Hafu: Courageous, or stupid. I'm not sure which. But fortunately, with the Toa around, we're never really alone.

GaliGee: What did you think when Pohatu showed up?

Hafu: Well, I saw one of the Tahnok launch this gummy blue thing at me. Later I found out how narrowly I had missed being enslaved by the swarm. It's funny, because I felt Pohatu before I saw him. I thought one of the Tahnok had grabbed me from behind. There was this blur, and then I was lifted up. I was expecting to feel searing heat, then I looked and saw it was Pohatu's hand holding me. I just about fainted with relief. But we were still there, in the middle of the swarm. Still, when he winked at me I suddenly felt that, somehow, everything would be OK.

GaliGee: How about the catapult ride?

Hafu: Whee! I was really impressed with Pohatu's quick thinking, using the Komau, and with Huki's skill. What a kick! Then up we went. It happened so fast, I didn't have time to panic. And when we landed, I was so relieved. I hugged Huki so hard it made his back crack.

GaliGee: That's funny! You and Huki are pretty good friends, I take it?

Hafu: Very good friends. We didn't used to be. We were rivals. I thought he was a show-off sports star, and he thought I was a show-off artist. And we both wanted to be Onewa's second-in-command. But then, we got to be friends, in kind of a weird way. You know, sometimes when you get to know someone, you can really change your mind about him.

GaliGee: How's that?

Hafu: Well, Maku has this friend, Lili, that she brought over in the canoe one time to watch a Koli match with her. All of a sudden I found myself wanting to watch Koli, too. After the game, we all hung out together for a while, and I found out that Huki was actually a cool guy. So we became best friends.

GaliGee: What about Lili?

Hafu: I haven't seen her in a long time, because of the Bohrok. [expletive deleted] Bohrok!

GaliGee: Yes, everyone I've talked to feels that way. So how did you get to be such a good carver?

Hafu: Practice, practice, practice. I just messed around with a chisel constantly, and eventually I got good. But you know, I look at it really differently now. I used to think it was all me, look at me, I'm really hot. But now I see that the Great Beings gave me this gift, of skill in carving, so that I could help defend Po-Koro. Really humbling, actually, to realize I'm just a cog in history. But really flattering, that they selected me.

GaliGee: Your carvings ARE really amazing. How long do they take?

Hafu: Well, the Path of Prophesy ones took a couple of months each, because I did them all myself. The Toa Kanohi in the Quarry went faster, since I had a whole team working for me. But I was putting in 16-hour days. It was grueling.

GaliGee: Those statues are beautiful. What are they for? Are they all hollow inside, like the one where the Nui-Jaga made its nest with the infected Koli balls?

Hafu: Thanks. Yes, they are all hollow. They are emergency shelters. The Turaga hold the keys. Except when the Koli salesman stole one key. They say he made a deal with Makuta. Sold out his own people! Maybe he didn't know at the time, but he's lucky no one has found him.

GaliGee: Say, tell us about the first time you were a hero! When Takua took you to Kini-Nui to defend the Toa's backs.

Hafu: That was great. Well, I kept seeing this rainbow dude while I was working on the road signs. Back and forth, back and forth. He was always friendly, but I had no idea what he was up to. Finally he stopped me again, and I figured he wanted to learn to carve, since he didn't seem to have a job. But he told me he had gotten Onewa's permission to take me to Kini Nui for a defense mission. I said, OK. He turned out to be terrific. Brave, cheerful, humble, all that, you know, like your Boy Scouts.

GaliGee: What did you think of your companions?

Hafu: I already knew Maku, like I said, and she's good company. And I also knew Taipu. He and I are like night and day in terms of personality, but we've always liked each other. He's really funny. And strong, too. And he's got this almost ridiculous enthusiasm.

GaliGee: How about Kopeke?

Hafu: ...

GaliGee: Excuse me?

Hafu [laughs]: He doesn't say much. Nice enough guy, when he does open his mouth. Great with a disc, too. He really waylaid those Rahi. Also, I like the way he can carve ice.

GaliGee: Kapura?

Hafu: Weird dude. I don't know what the heck he is talking about half the time. But he is really loyal, and covers your back. I'd like him to teach me his relocating trick sometime. Then I could go see Lili without having to get in a boat!

GaliGee: And Tamaru?

Hafu: Tamaru is great fun. And the wacky way they talk in Le-Koro! Taipu has told me about the party they had when they got back from the Rama hive. I'd like to go there after the Toa get rid of these Bohrok.

GaliGee: So what was the Rahi battle like?

Hafu: Alternating hope and despair. Here would come a couple of them, and we'd recoil in fear, then we'd rally and let 'em have it. Eventually we beat them back, after getting our masks knocked off a few times. Then came the big wave.

GaliGee: That must have been terrifying.

Hafu: You have NO idea. But then, Kongu, and Onepu, and Jala, and all the brave Matoran in their armies, all showed up at once. Just like a Hollywood ending!

GaliGee: What are you going to do next?

Hafu: Lay low, until the Bohrok are gone. Then we see whether the Great Beings will grant us peace again. I sure hope so.

GaliGee: Me too, but I have my doubts. Anyway, it's been wonderful talking to you, and all of us at BZ are really in awe of all you have done for Mata Nui.

Hafu: Just doing my job. I'm just lucky I could help. Give my regards to BZ.

GaliGee: Thanks again. I will. [click]

Hafu, carver of stone, has etched a place for himself in the history of Mata Nui. We will never forget his brave deeds. This is GaliGee reporting.

PM
Super Sonic Pohatu
Posted: Jul 14 2002, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

Descending into Protodermis
Group Icon

Group: Banned Members
Member No.: 299

Another great interview by GaliGee!

PMUsers WebsiteAOL
GaliGee 
  Posted: Jul 14 2002, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Ice Warrior

Thanks, SSP! But, like you, I forgot the ;) wink. So I just added it in.  :kaukau:
PM
Exo Vahi
Posted: Jul 14 2002, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Toa
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1441

Another great interview by GaliGee
PMEmail Poster
Hapu
Posted: Jul 14 2002, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Toa
Group Icon

Member No.: 1449

I love these interviews, there so real, unlike some other ones.
PM
FallenTurtles
Posted: Jul 15 2002, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Scavenger
Group Icon

Member No.: 1309

Yay!

Hafu's pretty cool... but Taipu would be better!!!!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Pohatu Blue
Posted: Jul 15 2002, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Toa
Group Icon

Member No.: 1330

As alwayse (or sense I joined) another spectacular interview by GaliGee. :satisfied:

:kakamanu: blue
PMEmail Poster
Creator of Lava Lord of Vahi
Posted: Jul 31 2002, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Armored Protector

Group: Premier Members
Member No.: 1189

Really good, once again, but I think that the Po-Wahi Souvenir-Boatsman-Carver said that the Path of Prophesies were done by many carvers. I like to think he did them alone too though. Great emergency shelter idea, mabey thoses are the caves in the canyon Pohatu was talking about in the comic. Hafu, full of himself?, I don't really think so. According to Leah and Purple Dave he wears a RURU which proves the MNOLG can be wrong, along with Nokama not knowing who you are, the Onu-Koran not having night-vision, Takua's colors (according to Purple Dave and Lego, and many other flaws. If you look at the Bionicle Music website Hafu is much more friendy, with a wicked sense of Humor, is NOT an artoholic and enjoys company spending time with others and he has a great imagination anddisk throwing skills. I think the MNOLG is wrong there. I like how you keep on hooking your "heros" up to Ga-Korans. Another great interview!

PM
-MZ-
  Posted: Jul 31 2002, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Stone Champion Nuva
Group Icon

Member No.: 1581

So.....................how many great interviews does thay add up to?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
S_Stoller
  Posted: Aug 2 2002, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Aquatic Guardian
Group Icon

Member No.: 101

Nice interview.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
RoboMechaDeDeDe
Posted: Aug 2 2002, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Emerging Fluidic Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 914

I should have thought of Interviewing him first....hey!Hehehehehehehheeehahahahohohoheheeahahah!!!!
PMEmail PosterAOL
GaliGee 
  Posted: Aug 2 2002, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Ice Warrior

Quote (Creator of Lava Lord of Vahi @ July 31 2002, 5:13)
Really good, once again, but I think that the Po-Wahi Souvenir-Boatsman-Carver said that the Path of Prophesies were done by many carvers. I like to think he did them alone too though. Great emergency shelter idea, mabey thoses are the caves in the canyon Pohatu was talking about in the comic. Hafu, full of himself?, I don't really think so. According to Leah and Purple Dave he wears a RURU which proves the MNOLG can be wrong, along with Nokama not knowing who you are, the Onu-Koran not having night-vision, Takua's colors (according to Purple Dave and Lego, and many other flaws. If you look at the Bionicle Music website Hafu is much more friendy, with a wicked sense of Humor, is NOT an artoholic and enjoys company spending time with others and he has a great imagination anddisk throwing skills. I think the MNOLG is wrong there. I like how you keep on hooking your "heros" up to Ga-Korans. Another great interview!

Thanks for the thoughtful review! Yep, there is a major inconsistency with the official Hafu, so I just had to pick a mask. I just like him with the Pakari, it seems to suit him better. Oops, I forgot about what the souvenir salesman said.

I picture Hafu as someone who used to be "full of himself" simply because he was young and unnaturally good at something, but who mellowed with time and experience (especially facing death at the paws of the Tahnok) . He is obsessive about his art, as any great artist must be, but he is still very sociable -- he is obviously good friends with Huki, as seen in the two bionicle.com updates. :sarcastic: Of course I gave him a MOC Ga-Koronan girlfriend because you know how we girls like to put romantic stuff in our stories. And if you read the interview with Huki and Maku, you will find out how many statues he has made of her. :kaukau:
PM
Justimon
Posted: Aug 15 2002, 02:29 PM
Quote Post

Lightning Voyager
Group Icon

Member No.: 1090

In the words of Hafu,''yet another Galigee original!!!''  :sarcastic:
PM
Overmind
  Posted: Aug 15 2002, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Steely Visionary
Group Icon

Member No.: 382

Another umm...

GaliGee Original!!!
PMEmail Poster
skateboardnuva
Posted: Sep 7 2002, 02:46 PM
Quote Post

Seeker
Group Icon

Member No.: 1968

Quote (Creator of Lava Lord of Vahi @ July 31 2002, 5:13)
According to Leah and Purple Dave he wears a RURU which proves the MNOLG can be wrong

the guy with the black ruru is taipu
PMYahoo
 Rama~Swarm
Posted: Sep 12 2002, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Emerging Flying Force

Group: Premier Support Team
Member No.: 956

a great interrveiw, i will always bee a fan of these.
PMEmail Poster
GaliGee 
  Posted: Sep 30 2002, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Ice Warrior

OK, a little update:

(1) The picture. Could that be a statue of Huki? Read Huki and Maku's interview to find out. Thanks to FallenTurtles for sending me a PowerPack! :biggrin:  So I took out the Pakari, now that I have a real Hafu. (CLLV should be relieved... I'm back in line with official LEGO policy now...)

(2) Tropical Storm Lili is about to waylay the Gulf of Mexico... Hafu can relate.

:kaukaunu:
PM
Spyke
Posted: Sep 30 2002, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Descending into Protodermis
Group Icon

Member No.: 1471

what about taipu?
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
GaliGee 
  Posted: Oct 1 2002, 10:59 PM
Quote Post

Ice Warrior

Y'know, linaku, I was going to do Nuparu next, but I could do him and Taipu together! Thanks for the idea!

And... Lili is officially a hurricane now!
:kaukaunu:
PM
latias_
Posted: Jul 6 2003, 01:36 AM
Quote Post

Turaga
Group Icon

Member No.: 10635

How did you get a black Ruru? on topic:Hahahahahaha!*Falls out
the chair lathing*hehehe.......Graat int.! I give it 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 stars! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :D

:smilegalinu: :kaukau: :smilehafu:
PMEmail Poster
Slade
Posted: Jul 13 2003, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Tohunga
Group Icon

Member No.: 11405

Well another Matoran interview off the block
from the fingers of GG congrats GG
RATING:
OUT OF 10 .................11
Excedes Ezpectation.

-Kairi
PM
technic11
Posted: Aug 4 2003, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Armored Protector
Group Icon

Member No.: 9913

I like the two Huki statues you put in the pic. They are my favorite part. Cool interview.
PMEmail Poster
GaliGee 
  Posted: Aug 4 2003, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Ice Warrior

Thanks, y'all! Latias, I have an actual Hafu set from the Power Pack.

But popon21... that's not Huki. Who else does Hafu like that wears a Kakama? :sly: Read Huki and Maku's interview if you haven't already.
:kaukau:

This post has been edited by GaliGee on Aug 4 2003, 12:52 PM
PM
Vahi Hunter
Posted: Aug 6 2003, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

These my not be funny, but they are really good. Keep it up!
Tahurahk
Posted: Aug 10 2003, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Aquatic Guardian
Group Icon

Member No.: 6345

I love your interveiws. They are so funny. I love em
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
technic11
Posted: Aug 30 2003, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

Armored Protector
Group Icon

Member No.: 9913

I noticed the part with the matoran named Lili and Hafu is carving a statue of her. I saw a statue that was far from Hafu with a kakama. Maybe the other one is Huki.
PMEmail Poster
Soul Calibur II
Posted: Aug 30 2003, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Soaring Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 9390

wow another great interview Galigee keep up the good work, you should try the rahkshi but all they would say is *hisssssss* (although that would be funny if you asked if they were good guys)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
buzz123
Posted: Sep 13 2003, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Encountering Protodermis
Group Icon

Member No.: 12526

Good one Galigee! I hope Hafu meets Lili someday! :P
PM
hahliloveskoli
Posted: Sep 26 2003, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Stalwart Defender
Group Icon

Member No.: 11969

another great interview by gali gee :D the matoran are cool
PMEmail PosterMSN
Tuan_Taureo
Posted: Feb 26 2004, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Aquatic Guardian

Group: Premier Members
Member No.: 19934

One of the less comic and more serious interviews from GaliGee. Those are important as well, since they give that edge of reality to the Bionicle world as seen from the fanfic perspective. You've really integrated the website updates and the MNOLG nicely in this one.

OK, so those statues aren't of Hafu himself, then. Not Huki, either. Obviously it's Lili! You can always tell that from the '[expletive deleted] Bohrok!' phrase! With Takua using that in the same sentence as Nixie's name, that little relationship suddenly becomes quite apparent as well ...

One thing that is so Po-Matoran: Hafu wishing that Kapura could teach him that relocating trick so that Hafu won't have to get into a boat in order to see Lili again. So, for all the serious stuff, there are still those little gems of mirth hidden in this interview as with all the other ones. Very nice and very well written, GaliGee! B)
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.1186 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Disabled ]   [ Server Load: 0.45 ]

LEGO® and BIONICLE are trademarks of the LEGO Group. BZPower is not authorized or endorsed by TLG. All non-LEGO images & contents are copyright BZPower.com and are not authorized or approved by the LEGO Group. BZPower.com logo & graphic design are copyrights of the owners of this site. ©2001-2005