|We strive to|
be visible among the respected business schools in the world,
as we relentlessly pursue the goal
of transforming the individual into a caring professional,
who can make society
just a little better.
The Institute of Business Administration (IBA), University of Dhaka was established in 1966 in collaboration with the Indiana University, Bloomington, USA under a Ford Foundation Financial Assistance Program.
The objective of the institute is to provide professional training in business administration. IBA started with the MBA Program in 1966. MPhil and PhD programs were later introduced in the 1970s, while the BBA Program was launched in 1993.
IBA carries the distinction of being the pioneer of all the business schools of Bangladesh and an institution absolutely free from any kind of session jams.
With a tradition of reflective thinking buoyed by a no-compromise quality orientation, IBA has taken many a stride towards excellence. A strong combination of rich inputs and active processes in a supportive environment has made IBA the most prestigious professional training institute in the country. Among these are:
- A unique curriculum designed in line with North American Business Schools with the functional areas being aptly supplemented by various support areas.
- An active learning approach where student participation is practiced and encouraged.
- An effective teaching method with an optimum blend of experimental and experiential learning is pursued.
- A highly trained and experienced faculty who bring into the classroom a multitude of experience and viewpoints.
- Dynamic and motivated students are attracted to this institution and only the sustainability of these qualities ensures success at the institute and beyond.
- A support culture for learning and research fostered within the same building with various essential facilities such as a computer center, a library, a canteen and rooms for group discussions.
The Institute has its own premises within the campus of the University of Dhaka. The main building is four storied and contains 65,000 square feet of floor space. It houses the administrative and faculty offices, conference room, lecture and seminar rooms, computer lab, machine room and an auditorium. It has a teacher's lounge and a cafeteria for students.