<< Fanatics Site
<< Fanatics Shop
<< Fanatics Library
<< Fanatics Newsletter

Become a Supporting Member Your Login Info

Not a Member Yet?

Lord of the Rings Caps
Lord of the Rings Boardgames Support the Plaza by becoming a Supporting Member

Forum Overview | Last Forum Posts | Last House Posts | Forum Stats | People On | Plaza Kingdoms | FAQ  

All Forums
    Imladris
            Siniath Imladris XI ~ Mail

Printer Friendly Version Post reply    Post New Topic

Laebeth Friday, March 04, 2005 at 09:39
  Lord Elrond     Points: 15192     Posts: 13816     Days: 1146    View Laebeth's profileProfile Quote Laebeth's postQuote

(Click the bird for the last thread)

The aviary is a beautiful, open building set a little higher in the Valley than Lord Elrond’s halls. A tree-lined path leads to where it lies nestled in a thicket of oak and birch. It is made of white stone, cleverly carved in a lacelike pattern of leaves and vines intertwining with each other, leaving many openings through which the birds come and go bearing messages from all over the tree-woven lands of Middle-earth.

An archway formed like a tree’s boughs leads inside. The floor is of grass and soft moss, and a small stream runs through from a nearby waterfall. A great tree grows in the center, and perched upon its many branches are birds of every kind, some singing, others sleeping with their heads tucked under a wing. Feathers of many sizes and colors drift on the breeze that flows freely through, and birdsong fills the air. Flowers chosen especially for the birds are planted throughout, and give off a wonderful scent.

Beneath the tree’s shady branches are tables and chairs that almost seem like living trees themselves, and shelves have been artfully crafted around the tree’s trunk. These contain a supply of parchment, bottles of ink, quills, small waterproof tubes, and slender threads of hithlain to attach them to the birds’ legs.

Rules

• This is an IC thread for getting to know one another and developing your character.
  • All races are allowed.
  • If you can’t think of something interesting or creative to post, don’t post at all.
  • If you have more than one message to send, keep them in the same post.
  • No one-liners or post stretching! Write more than just,  "Hi, how are you, I’m fine, I haven’t heard from you in a while, we have to meet soon, see you!"
  • OOC promotions, absences, and activities should be announced in the CofA.

Letters to other kingdoms should be taken to the following locations:
Lothlórien ~ Seals & Signets of the Singing Gold
Khazad-dûm ~ Dwarven Express
Minas Tirith ~ The Roquen Express 
The Riddermark ~ Riddermark Ærendgewrit
Isengard ~ The Istari Correspondence Office
The Shire ~ Quick Office Post (Letters Only)
Fangorn ~ Mockingbird Mail
Mordor ~ Mordorian Post Office

Istya Alassea Friday, March 04, 2005 at 12:19
  Storyteller     Points: 5185     Posts: 6725     Days: 487    Istya Alassea is a Support MemberSupport   View Istya Alassea's profileProfile Quote Istya Alassea's postQuote
Arwil melda
  I think I giggled for more than half of your letter, mellon nîn! It is a shame that you ran out of your blue ink since I did enjoy the color. However, if you are having so much trouble selling all your white ink or getting your inks to turn into the correct color perhaps I ought to drop by your Quill Quarry again! First of all, there is no such thing as white ink -- that is, of course, unless you mean to write out something invisible. And as far as your inks turning into an odd color, well, may I ask if you are creating your inks in a sanitary, away-from-the-elements environment? I have a feeling you are making your inks out in broad daylight! Nevertheless, if you want a few little lessons I will most certainly come over and we can chat about writing instrument wares. 
  (But what do you mean my quills are of just as much quality as yours? I learned how to make mine while living in Imladris, as did you, although I learned on my own. I am so confused!)
  Ooh, a trip to the Daffodil Den does sound exciting. I ought to try going there after my weekend vacation. But I can't bring my Giant Gingerbread Men or my multi-coloured squirrels with me? Drat, why do they have such rules? Nevertheless, I think I ought to go and not bring such a wide array of friends with me except for my little ole' self, unless Ecaps decides to come along. And when I go, of course I shall not make any plans to try and take it by force. With my Hobbit hands, I think that venture would be near to impossible!
  Hmm, I have heard of that theory before in that wives often speak for their husbands. But if I am doing it already, I am doomed! Help me, Arwil, before I become a typical wife to a high ellon who probably wants so much better than that! Eee.
  Before I go myself since I have many things to see to before I leave this afternoon, I guess I should explain that I am taking graduate school courses in Minas Tirith. That was why I had to go so quickly. I did not want to miss my class! And yes, I made it, though I was five minutes late. Poor Violet, one of my ponies, had to put up with my fast-paced run to get there! But I am taking good care of her now. I am taking Moritinwe with me to my weekend trip instead. (Yes, I shall be gone until Sunday afternoon. Feel free to wait and write to me then!)

Mîlenn nin,
Istya Alassea
  Miriath Banba Friday, March 04, 2005 at 15:11
  Hobbit Chef     Points: 1924     Posts: 2239     Days: 428    View Miriath Banba's profileProfile Quote Miriath Banba's postQuote

Dear Hawk_Hunter,

This is Miriath Banba from the Hidden Shire House in the Shire writing. I am happily informing you that you have been accept at the house and are welcome there!  We are very happy to accept you as the newest addition to our family, I hope that you will find it suitable there, we have a large library, a wonderful pub, and state-of-the-art stable facilities for your horse!

See you around the house,

Miriath Crystal Banba

Ilweran Friday, March 04, 2005 at 17:15
  Archer of Lothlorien     Points: 580     Posts: 666     Days: 125    View Ilweran's profileProfile Quote Ilweran's postQuote

Dear Eglagaladiel

It's alright, I don't mind. I know we all get busy sometimes. Strange visitors? Where are they from? Im sure it must be quite a sight! And exciting too!

Well, i won't feel sadfor you, if you insist. At least you know that one day you'll see them again. Yes, I think it will probably surprise her quite a bit.
Large families are wonderful! Especially mine. I understand how feel. I got adopted beacuse my parents died when I was (reasonably) young. I can understand that you'd want to be at home while your children grow. And as you say, you have plenty of time to just have fun.  Mm. yes, you never know, life is full of surprises.

My army duties are going well, I am currently on way to boot camp. DOn't worry, i never work to hard! Ha ha. At the moment I'm working on my aim, it's really quite bad.

Your friend, Ilweran
                                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Elvinhome (mummy)

Well, I said that I'd write, so here's the letter.
I have 3 pets, Betty my black bunny, Rolan, my cursing raven, and Thydowynan, or Thydo my beautiful horse. I am a part of the Hunters for Ungoliant Army, in the cavalry, along with my friend Nessa. my favouritefood is.... Chocolate! Especially chocolate covered carrots. I am a member of the Imladris Waterfall household, along Muin, her finace awk_hunter, and Aunt Aisil.  I have lots of pen apls, and am especially good friends with Nieriel.
What about you? I know you're a member of the Hunter's army. In the archery department? Are there any potential fathers anywhere? Do you have pets. I'm glad that I'm going to get to know you better.

P.S. don't laugh at me it's not funny! Perfumed snowballr are yucky!

Lots of love and hugglestackles
Ilweran

aisil Saturday, March 05, 2005 at 05:21
  Crafts Master     Points: 1154     Posts: 3568     Days: 243    View aisil's profileProfile Visit aisil's homepageHomepage Quote aisil's postQuote
Dear Dundee,

I`m so sorry for waiting this long to respond, I read your letter but it got lost in my pile of letters....you might have noticed I get quite a lot letters. I`m not sure how long my daughters are staying but it looks like there are more arriving by the minute, there are four of my daughters in Lorien at the moment, I`m soo happy *g*.

You`re going to the shire? I wish to go there soon to, I haven`t been there in such a long while, and the people are so nice...I haven`t spoken to my penpal there in ages. Maybe I can join you, than we could meet eachother in ..uhm let`s see wich kingdom lays between the shire, lorien and imladris.. *grabs map* aw, none where we both pass by. Well, than I can take a longer road and meet up with you in Rivendell...or the other way around *lol* Well, hope to hear something from you soon,

Aisil
  nimaroel Saturday, March 05, 2005 at 08:56
  Sentinel of Lothlorien     Points: 2082     Posts: 2178     Days: 415    View nimaroel's profileProfile Quote nimaroel's postQuote

Dear Ney,

Greetings, mellon! I was delighted to hear from you. I have been growing steadily worried by your missing presence. It is a relief to know you have been well.
I too have been faring well though I am extremely busy. Everyday is filled with duties and activitites... I seldom find time to write, which is why my reply to youur letter is later than I would have liked. I apologize for this. What things keep you busy these days?
I am truly sorry to hear that your husband has left but I am glad to know that you chose to cherish your memories. Some that I know grieve for long on such an event, but it is good to know that you look upon life with a bright heart. As for myself, no, I have not yet known love. I am beginning to suspect that I am destined to live with good friendships of many kinds, and not knowing love is a price to pay. I do not really mind, for good friends I have, including yourself.
You really should visit Lorien, and while you're here, why don't you visit my house? It is the Shaded Woods and my friends and I are usually around. I apologize for the shortness of this letter but I must now be off. I hope to hear from you soon.

Your friend,
Nim

Nîhtmúnd Dunami Sunday, March 06, 2005 at 13:22
  Learned Ent     Points: 1020     Posts: 2382     Days: 140    View Nîhtmúnd Dunami's profileProfile Visit Nîhtmúnd Dunami's homepageHomepage Quote Nîhtmúnd Dunami's postQuote

Dear Ney

Swimming is fun, even when the water is cold.  If you dunk your head under the water right when you get in, the temperature seems to be fitting right away.  As for my visiting rivendell, I have been planning a visit with a friend from Rohan accompaning me someday, but I never find the time.  At the moment, I am preparing for a business trip to the mines and will not be able to contact anyone through mail for three days.  That will be at the end of this week, I'll send you a letter before I leave, if I remember.  My memory escapes me nowadays.

Love Evil Niht

Thali Sunday, March 06, 2005 at 17:07
  Guardian of the Valley     Points: 1827     Posts: 4945     Days: 439    View Thali's profileProfile Quote Thali's postQuote
Dearest Muin, (Hawk hunter)
I hope this dove finds you, for I am not certain that this one has gone on many travels. How have you been cousin? I have missed you... I hope we can meet up in Lorien sometime soon, but whenever you have a chance, come to my house in the fair woods. The Cottage of Lost play is always ready to welcome friends and family. I hope to see you soon!
May Eru be with you and your family,
Thali
  Galderon Sunday, March 06, 2005 at 21:52
  Forester of Lothlorien     Points: 1161     Posts: 1644     Days: 113    View Galderon's profileProfile Quote Galderon's postQuote

Dear Pan,

How are you mellon nin? I know that we have not been well acquainted, but you are married to one of my friends. With this in mind, I thought that it would be good to write you. I do like to get to know my friends better. So, how was your move? A little about myself. I live in Lorien, of course, am married to the greatest maiden in all of Middle Earth. At least I think so, her name is Cair by the way. I was adopted quite sometime by a Gondorian. I thought that I was a bit too old to be adopted. After all, I am 3,124 years old. Well, I must be going now. I have quite a few more letters to drop off. Take care of yourself. May Eru and the Valar bless you! Until next time.

Sincerely Your's,  

Eron De Mein

LorienElfmaiden Monday, March 07, 2005 at 04:06
  Galadhrim Bowmaster     Points: 1695     Posts: 1941     Days: 343    View LorienElfmaiden's profileProfile Quote LorienElfmaiden's postQuote
Dear Durin,

I hope this letter finds you well. I have just returned home to Lothlorien and wanted to thank you for your invitation to come visit your land. I must say that I had a wonderful time, and I am glad that I decided to come. I will surely return, for I did not get a chance to really peruse the books of the Great Library as I had hoped. And both the Feast of Manwe, and the Feast of the Stars were simply wonderful. It was great to be able to speak with you in person and I hope our friendship shall continue for the ages to come. Tell me, my friend, for we did not get a chance to speak of this, do you have any family living with you in Rivendell?

Well, I should really be off... so many things to catch up on during my absence, but again thank you for the excellent visit and I hope to see you again soon. I hope you are in high spirits!

May Elbereth protect you and guide yours steps.
Your friend,
~Lorien
  Nîhtmúnd Dunami Monday, March 07, 2005 at 18:52
  Learned Ent     Points: 1020     Posts: 2382     Days: 140    View Nîhtmúnd Dunami's profileProfile Visit Nîhtmúnd Dunami's homepageHomepage Quote Nîhtmúnd Dunami's postQuote

Dear Ney,

I haven't had much dealings with dwarves either.  There are legends of their kind where I come from, and most of them are not good.  They tell of the greed and fury of the dwarves.  I know some of these tales to be false, but growing up with them makes me still cast an evil glance onto the dwarven race at times.  It's wrong, I know, but that's how I was raised, as I'm sure you must have been. After all, elves aren't that fond of dwarves, are they?

Evil Niht

Thali Monday, March 07, 2005 at 21:16
  Guardian of the Valley     Points: 1827     Posts: 4945     Days: 439    View Thali's profileProfile Quote Thali's postQuote

Elvie my friend,
I am worried beyond my comprehention, about you! How are you? Where are you? How have you been? Where have you been? All these questions, at the same time. I pray to Eru and the Valar that your alright my friend and that we may see each other again soon. If not, I'll come looking for you anyway. There is a feast in my house, the cottage of Lost Play, we're celebrating the stars and the great Vala Varda, and thus, titled the Feast of Stars. I hope to see you there!
May Eru protect you and your family,
Thali

Idesinholdè Tuesday, March 08, 2005 at 01:56
  Freda     Points: 1908     Posts: 3102     Days: 461    View Idesinholdè's profileProfile Visit Idesinholdè's homepageHomepage Quote Idesinholdè's postQuote

To Diava Echui

Dear Grandchild

How are you deary? I havent heard from you in a while, and you know behaviour such as that gets your grams worried sick! So write me will you? Are you eating properly? I know your an elf, but one must never underestiamte the power of eating healt
hy. How is life treating you? Anything exciting going on? Life in Rohan has been pretty quite. I miss my family. My husband , my son( your father that is) and of course all my grandchildren. Somehow non of you are staying here with me. Even my husband lis living in Lorien, and my son too. Well the least I exept of them ( and you) is that you  visit me once in a while. Getting the flow of this dear? Now remember to always wear warm clothes, and be carefull.

love
grams

aisil Tuesday, March 08, 2005 at 12:49
  Crafts Master     Points: 1154     Posts: 3568     Days: 243    View aisil's profileProfile Visit aisil's homepageHomepage Quote aisil's postQuote
Dear Dundee,

Same for me, I`m currently writing six letters in just one day, so my letter might be rushed, short and sound a little uninterested, but I really am...just can`t take to many time to answore to all questions everyone has asked me in their letters *lol*

It would be so great to travel with you again, than it`ll be just like the thief hunt again!...erm...only without the apes I hope *grins* Meet in Khazad-Dûm? that would be fine for me, where would you like to meet eachother..I don`t really know any meeting spots in Khazad-Dûm, though I`ve heard that there are quite a lot of pubs..

I`m sorry, but I have to quit now....still have 5 more to write,

Aisil
  Celelas Banba Wednesday, March 09, 2005 at 05:46
  Forester of Lothlorien     Points: 711     Posts: 2819     Days: 402    View Celelas Banba's profileProfile Quote Celelas Banba's postQuote

Dear Meldacaniel,

My dearest daughter, I have not seen your happy face in quite some time. I hope that since i last saw you that you have been well, and have kept yourself happy. It is sad news that I bring you today. My dear mother, and your grandmum Sa-Railei has decided to leave. She is journeying to find her past and doesnt believe she will return.  On a lighter note, I have been adopted by Aisil, you shall still have a grandmum. I dont know if you know her, but she is wonderful. You also have some new siblings, so I hope that i shall see you in the Banba Fortress soon.

with love,

Mum

Nieriel Wednesday, March 09, 2005 at 12:49
  Guard of the Mark     Points: 762     Posts: 2567     Days: 218    View Nieriel's profileProfile Quote Nieriel's postQuote

Dear Ney-

It was wonderful to meet you at the feast the other day.  However, i'm the kind of person who doesn't like to leave things to a one meeting relationship.  Would you like to become friends?  It's alright if you don't I was just wondering. If you do, please tell me about yourself!  I would be most interested to hear.  Do you have a family?  If so, do you have children?  Do you have pets.  Like i said, if you do not want to be more than aquaintences please tell me.

-Nieriel

Nîhtmúnd Dunami Wednesday, March 09, 2005 at 14:58

Dear Ney,

Oh, I won't be going to see the dwarves in Khazad-dum actually. I'll be going to a very different place, farther away from the Mines of Moria.  It's more like the Paths of the Dead really, only not for humans...more for dwarves. I will be seeing dwarves, but not the great Mines of Moria.  Well, I'll be leaving tomorrow, I'll write you when I get back...if I get back.  There's a tale about humans going into those mines...not a good thing...

Evil Niht

Thali Thursday, March 10, 2005 at 14:51

Dear Diava,
My friend, it has been long since we have spoken, indeed ever since my move to Lorien I haven't seen many of my friends here. Have you been to any feasts lately? I fear that I haven't been able to visit the fair Valley of Imladris, or even the Shire. I miss my home land, my friend, but I shall return in time, for Lorien doesn't seem to be for me. 
May Eru protect you and all your family as well,
Thali

Anayaru Thursday, March 10, 2005 at 15:01
  Forester of Lothlorien     Points: 740     Posts: 541     Days: 96    Anayaru is a Support MemberSupport   View Anayaru's profileProfile Quote Anayaru's postQuote

Dear Muiniel,

Hello mother. I hope all is well with you and Hawk hunter. Things are good here in Lorien. I have been considering taking a trip to Imladris. I had originally wanted to wait until summer but now that I have you and my sisters, I am thinking about maybe moving my timetable up considerably. I was kinda hoping that we could get together and that you might be able to give my a tour of your lovely homeland. It has been many hundreds of years since I last visited Rivendell.  I also wanted to take a moment to say how happy I am to have you as my new mother. The future sees so much brighter now that I have a family to share things with. Oh yeah, and Ruin, my fox wants me to make sure that you tell your wolf (I'm sorry I forgot her name) that he can't wait to meet her. Well I will let you go for now. I have just recently joined the guard and am due at archery training.

With much love, your daughter.
                                                                                                                           Ana

Isila Thursday, March 10, 2005 at 18:02
  Hobbit Chef     Points: 1894     Posts: 2634     Days: 298    View Isila's profileProfile Quote Isila's postQuote

Dear Dundee,

Suilaid mellon! I'm terribly sorry for taking so long to write back to you. To be perfectly honest I completly forgot to write a letter. To make up I've sent along a small basket of mushrooms. There was supposed to be twenty-one but as i was packing them I couldn't help but sample one so there's only twenty. Still plently for a hungry elf. Anyway, how are you doing? I heard that Imladris won their race against Isengard. Congratulations! This is wonderful for the elves (and cheetahs) of Imladris. The Shire's is currently winning against those rats (no, that wasn't an insult. The wizzies have rats) but I think it's still a little early to tell who's going to win as the race can change very quickly.

Guess what? I believe I have out done all of our previous experiences with water! You see, I signed up for a "game" of Survivor that's being held in the Shire. My group decided (or rather some of us decided) to take a route that passed through some marshes to get to our camp. Now, I'm sure you know how uneven the ground is in a marsh and I'm also sure that you know that at times my balance is not the best. I think you know where this is going but because we hobbits like to give lots of details I shall tell you anyway. As we were walking I tripped on something. I have no idea what it was and I don't care to know, and fell head first, yes, head first, into the smelly water. Not bad you say? Well consider this: I came out looking like some of those monsters that dwell in bogs from those stories that are told to young hobbits.  You're laughing at me aren't you? I know you are. That's fine. You wait till I see you again and we're near some smelly old pond. Then you'll be sorry. That is unless you managed to push me in first....

I think I'll end this letter here as I've just noticed the huge pile of dirty dishes sitting on the table. You would think a whole army of hobbtis was here instead of just little old me.

I look forward to hearing from you again!

~Isila

Romennime Friday, March 11, 2005 at 07:03
  Elder of Imladris     Points: 511     Posts: 280     Days: 216    View Romennime's profileProfile Quote Romennime's postQuote

Dear Elanor,

It's been a very long time since our last letters... I've been hanging around the city but haven't seen you anywhere. So, how are you? What have you been doing? And where? I'm fine, but a bit tired after all those things... Especially, the winter. I can't wait for the spring. Maybe I should go somewhere south? Maybe, it's already spring there?.. However, I love the colour of snow and leaveless trees, but it's been too long like this.

I hope to hear something from you soon -  yours with best wishes, Menney

Nessa Moon Friday, March 11, 2005 at 16:17
  Forester of Lothlorien     Points: 708     Posts: 401     Days: 255    View Nessa Moon's profileProfile Quote Nessa Moon's postQuote

Dear Ney,

I know what you mean about those first letters. They are akward and hard to write. I would have written sooner, but was too busy about thinking what to write, and by the time you know it I've lost too much time on it, and so on with my babble. Ok, well, my name is Nessa Moon, or Nessie, which ever you prefer to call me. I'm a bit strange, so don't worry I act werid all the time. But I'm sure you'll get use to it. I've been an orphan since early childhood. There is a long never ending story with that one, and it literally has no ending as of now. I enjoy dancing and playing the fiddle. I like the rain, especially when it involves thunder and lightening. I live outside in the open, I have no home. The earth is my home, so to speak. Well, I'm sure I've put you to sleep by now, so I'll end my letter here. So until next time, take care.

Your friend,
Nessie

amarventris Friday, March 11, 2005 at 20:02
  Guardian of the Golden Wood     Points: 3170     Posts: 3444     Days: 589    View amarventris's profileProfile Quote amarventris's postQuote

Lord Elrond
Ruler of Imladris

Great Scion of the Line of Luthien, the Line of Earendil,

I am sorry to intterupt your enlightened  meditations but I have seen evidence that Eric Pearsomir, the Prsocuting attorney in the Trial of Eowyn, has himself in person has been to Mordor in the Throne Room, and in an audience there requested Sauron to appear .at the Trial of Eowyn for a revenge bout with your son-in-law Elessar Telcontar for the grudge of losing the War of the Ring to him.

I might ask you to warn and prepare Aragorn and Arwen in secret and arm against the Maian assault in any means or craft you may devise. I fear the unknown cloaked figure, watching in the courtroom, may be the Unnamed or one of the Nine.

Best Regards,

Amar Ventris
Assistant Defense Counsel
The Trial of Eowyn

elvinhome Saturday, March 12, 2005 at 18:56
  Councillor of Imladris     Points: 1024     Posts: 1770     Days: 353    View elvinhome's profileProfile Quote elvinhome's postQuote

My darling daughter IIwaren,

I am so happy to hear from you!
Wow,all those pets? i actually have two myself,a horse named Nepra and a cheetah named Ellerina who i race a lot.We did pretty well together and i am a part of the imladris racing team! The other things that i am training and participating in are...i am training to be a bartender in the Burx,a clan in KD and yes,i am in the hunters! I had no idea that you were as well! Yes,i am the Captain of the Coyotes Archery squad.I have been in the hunters for a really long time actually,it's a lot of fun.CHOCOALATE! that is my favorite food too! I like chocolate filled with caromel..yuuuumi.I think i know Nie..she is very nice.How long have you known her?  Potential fathers...? hahaha,oh i wish.There was once,his name was Thorondor and he was a dwarf but i don't know where he has dissapeared to unfortunatly.And there was also Lolantir but he has dissapeared as well!  What else can i tell you about myself....well i travel as much as i can,especially to the WC and KD.I was just recently in combat training in KD but had to quit when i did not have enough time to finish my training right now.
I hope to talk to you soon!  many tackleglomps to you
Love,momsy

Ramadai Sunday, March 13, 2005 at 08:04
  Loremaster of Gondor     Points: 1767     Posts: 2515     Days: 389    View Ramadai's profileProfile Visit Ramadai's homepageHomepage Quote Ramadai's postQuote

Dear Durin the Old 1,

Hello, old friend, how have you been? I am terribly sorry I have not contacted you in about a moon, but I just cannot bring myself to find time to do anything extra than what I am doing at the core of my activities in Gondor. Please write me back once you receive this. I'm just going to say that racing is nearly over for me, and I am still an apprentice at the Engraver's shop, so you must forgive me if I seem slightly absent. I do not even remember what our last letter rotation was about, since we barely started writing to each other...it probably had to do with our histories...

-Ramadai

Dhalion De Mein Sunday, March 13, 2005 at 15:42
  Scholar of Gondor     Points: 825     Posts: 1365     Days: 233    View Dhalion De Mein's profileProfile Quote Dhalion De Mein's postQuote

Dear Mor and Lilu

Long time no see. Though I probably should have contacted you two earlier. Anyways, I hope there isn't any hard feelings between us, for you two had made a great welcome to a stressed and emotional Gondorian into your fair realm and city. Though it was a shame I had to resign from the host, due to me being part of other military organisations.

Anyways, hows things? I hope they are pretty good.

I've kept busy, being here and being there. Yes, you probably gathered I had some personal issues that was plaguing me, but that is now long gone, and I'm back to me old self, its a shame you two haven't met me before my emotional crashes, as I was once a vagabond flautist from Dol Amroth, now I'm just a mere Gondorian mercenary. Anyways, I've got the most loving children a father can hope for, and I thank them for anchoring me to stay home, instead of running off.

If you're wondering, I've been mainly keeping busy in Minas Tirith and Khazad Dum. I heard that the Anghak army is invited to visit Imladris. Well, in that case, I hope to see you two there. Yes, I'm an Anghak soldier *whispers* just off the Record, the Anghak Commander, Lerin, is my mother, who cornered me so that I can be adopted.

Oh well, I guess I better get going, my Queen, the Queen of Gondor wants to see me at the Houses of Healing*sigh*

Hope to hear from you two soon.

Always,
Dhalion

Laurieanna Monday, March 14, 2005 at 16:14
  Wainrider     Points: 1050     Posts: 1280     Days: 656    View Laurieanna's profileProfile Visit Laurieanna's homepageHomepage Quote Laurieanna's postQuote

Dear Pan,

hallo My dear cousin. How is life treating you? Life is treating me well in Mordor. I was saddened to hear of your leaving Mordor, you will be missed. I am happy there, enjoying the torturing, the work. I hope you find a good life here in Imladris. I have been busy and looking for more jobs. Im hoping to put my writing skills to use somewhere. How is Beleg? I hope he is doing well, hopfully not like a fish out of water *lol* I hear you adopted a child, Congradulations my dear. Children can be a wonderful thing. Well i have to go, May life treat you well.

Love your cousin,
Laurieanna

Tarin­ Monday, March 14, 2005 at 16:27
  Orc Chieftain     Points: 1490     Posts: 3776     Days: 461    View Tarin­'s profileProfile Visit Tarin­'s homepageHomepage Quote Tarin­'s postQuote

Pan Macha

Hello great penguin queen, and how have you been fairing?  I haven't heard from you since you vacated the black lands, and your presence there is missed.  You are a great elf, an asset to wherever you dwell.  I am sure you are making quite a life for yourself here, and I hope it all goes well for you.  How is your marriage?  I must say you and Fishy(no, I am never going to stop calling him that by the way, it's just too fitting) make the cutest couple.  I have been busy lately, what with running the voting booth for minion of the month and making sure that nothing unappropriate ends up in the mordor post office, though since it's Varda and I there together, who knows how much actual work gets done.  It does seem to be running smoothly though, and I can barely believe I got a reprimand for being late to army training now, after all, at first they gave me the wrong directions for training.  They had told me the spawn of the underworld, and training had gotten changed to the black pits.  It was interesting to say the least, and now I'm afraid I must run and get back to doing that, but before I say goodbye, I just wanted to include this little gift.  It's a felt tipped purple pen with penguins all over the side of it.  Well, now I really must be off.

Your cousin,
Tarin

Chi-chi Monday, March 14, 2005 at 17:14
  Apprentice of Gondor     Points: 253     Posts: 129     Days: 78    View Chi-chi's profileProfile Quote Chi-chi's postQuote

Dear Pan,

I was very excited to recieve your letter!  As a matter of fact, I was just sitting down to write to you when I got the letter you wrote to me!  It sounds to me like your life has been wonderful and that you have had many an adventure!  As for my story...I've always lived in the realm of Gondor.  My family and I lived out in the country lands when I was growing up and would commute to Minas Tirith on occasion.  I loved the city so much that as soon as I was old enough, I moved here (and that was only a month or so ago).  When I moved here, I recieved a guardian to show me the ropes (her name is Rama) and not long after I joined the house called Tranquil Abode.  It is a wonderful place in a wonderful city and I love it here very much.  Unfortunately, I have no stories of traveling or finding myself to share as I have lived a very sheltered life thus far.  However, I enjoy spending my time sitting around Tranquil Abode with my housemates, wandering the Minas Tirith Marketplace, and reading. 

I hope to hear from you soon and hope you are well!

~Chi

Arië GIînestel Monday, March 14, 2005 at 18:08
  Galadhrim Bowmaster     Points: 1623     Posts: 1824     Days: 317    View Arië GIînestel's profileProfile Quote Arië GIînestel's postQuote

Dear Tas,

I'm so dreadfully sorry for replying for such a long time. I'm afraid I'll be gone from March the 17th to the 24th to roam some foreign lands, so I shan't be able to reply within that span of time. However, here's me hoping to write at least one decently lengthy letter to you before I take off for a while. Again, I'm sorry for not replying for so long, reports and business matters of various different sorts had called me away. Thankfully however, my load is a lot lighter now and I should most likely be able to return back to normal.
     Lorien has been doing quite well actually, although nothing large or particularly exciting has really happened, although we've had several new activities pop up recently. Well actually, I suppose you could say I'm lying there. There is one thing that really hasn't been faring so well for Lorien. Just last week, we had three very honourable and worthy Galadhrim leave us for the West. It has been a great lost for us as one was the Warden of our Western Division. As well it seems I'm going to have more things to deal with since another was my Head Blacksmith and all the other blacksmiths are just haven't been in the Amoury long enough to be promoted. Other than that everything is quite the usual.
     Indeed I've heard of the anniversary of the Host of Imladris, the guard was sent an invitation to join I believe? I must say that I might not be able to make the feast or anything of the like, but I will certainly be coming; for as you mentioned, I am participating in the spar as well. I came for last time's spar too... however my spar didn't last for long, I'm hoping that this time I shall be able to have a more lengthy and challenging duel. Oh! In fact, I believe I just received the list of pairings though I haven't taken a look yet but... Well, it seems that I'm going to get exactly what I asked for. Tas, I bet you'll never guess who I've been paired up with *wink*.
     I'm sorry that you were ill though. Actually, I- Oh dear Eru no... it looks like there's a raging fire that's spreading, I better go help. Navaer!

~Myst

Galderon Monday, March 14, 2005 at 18:56
  Forester of Lothlorien     Points: 1161     Posts: 1644     Days: 113    View Galderon's profileProfile Quote Galderon's postQuote

Dear Pan,

I must say that I was very excited to have received your letter. How are things here in the Hidden Valley? I am great and all is well in the Golden Wood. I am also happy to hear that all is well with you and Beleg. Cair and I are doing splendid. We are both here in Imladris for the Sparring Competition. This will be my first, and I know that I will truly enjoy it. I must agree with you, I think that the Thief Hunt will be a great opportunity for us to get to know each other better. Well, I must be going now. Take care of yourself. May Eru and the Valar bless you.

Mellon lin,

Eron

Avárith Aldâwén Monday, March 14, 2005 at 21:25
  Scholar of Imladris     Points: 3561     Posts: 4420     Days: 785    View Avárith Aldâwén's profileProfile Quote Avárith Aldâwén's postQuote
Mellon Tinindil,
Suilaid! Anann le
ú-gennin; goheno nin.
Luckily, I've made my way safely back home, and what a joy it is to be back! The trip was not of pleasure, but of sorrow...and so it's good to be in the company of friends and dwellers of Imladris once more. Man siniath?How have you fared of late? It seems you've been busy all over Rivendell, as the mention of your name travels between groups and guilds!

I've planned a visit to Rohan today; hence why the letter must be taking a while to come to you. I hope it makes it well! I couldn't be long away from the Riddermark; the lands of the horse-lords have been a place of peace and enjoyment to me for quite some time (though nothing can surpass my home here...I'm just the travelling type, heh). I'll be running back and forth Arda for the next couple of days, in fact. Such fun!

But I must be boring you with such talk. Perhaps you can find some time in your schedule to travel up to Rohan and find me? I'll not keep my hopes on it, but we must find some time to see eachother soon! I fear the length of days has changed much; hopefully not all.

Elo! Nan belain, it's grown late! I'll be heading off now. I've got a ride ahead of me, and Celegnîth grows impatient. Hopefully you receive this letter well, and somewhat on time...I promise nothing!
Navaer, Until we meet again.
Ava
  Tinindil Orodel Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 01:57
  Guardian of the Valley     Points: 1773     Posts: 1738     Days: 400    View Tinindil Orodel's profileProfile Quote Tinindil Orodel's postQuote

Ava,

A pleasure to hear your voice again, though only through ink on a page! It gives me sorrow to hear that your own travels were not joyful, as you deserve. Aty least now you are back among friends as you say. I am glad I am still counted among those friends.

Time has changed much, and changed me much. I fear much changes around all of us, and my dreams have not been altogether clear. I have not the gift of foresight, as our lord of this land, but my heart tells me times approach that will change the very face of the world we know. In that time, friends, hope and fellowship must rise to be valued above all else.

I am loath to leave Rivendell, for it is not long since I returned from a long journey myself. But I will await your return, and when you return, I will be glad to speak with you face to face again. 
May Earendil shine on your path,

Tinindil 

Aiwë Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 11:28
  Forester of Lothlorien     Points: 840     Posts: 741     Days: 278    View Aiwë's profileProfile Quote Aiwë's postQuote

Dear Lai,

I was very happy when I saw you at the Archery Tournament! I'm glad that you had found some spare time for visiting me! I hope that you came home safely. Well… I hoped that at least one elf would win, but unfortunately none of them did. Well, they were still shooting well, weren't they?

I’m doing well at my job, there still aren’t new customers because we have a lot to do (and those things have been waiting to be made or repaired for a very long time),

Take care,

Your friend Aiwë

Kaetlynn P.F. Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 18:08
  Hobbit Farmer     Points: 419     Posts: 525     Days: 85    View Kaetlynn P.F.'s profileProfile Visit Kaetlynn P.F.'s homepageHomepage Quote Kaetlynn P.F.'s postQuote

Oy Nenime!

How are you? Well, I have nothing much to do, so I have made you my penpal. I’d like to hear all the comings and goings of Rivendell! Nothing much is going on in the Shire. I am visiting Imladris, however, for a little formal event. You see, I’m part of the HDS, so a group of us Hobbits are coming to visit! There’d better be mushrooms, I tell you.

I must insist that you come visit in the Shire! There are loads of pubs and other such places where we can run into each other, but you aren’t around. I do hope you’ll come to see me. How long has it been? If you have any mushrooms, be sure to bring them. You can find me at almost any of the Shire’s organizations, so stop by for a chat! I’m afraid I’m not up for much more travel than the ones I’ve planned already.

I was also wondering if you might teach me some Elvish. It seems to be the latest fashion, and I must keep up with these things!

Love and mushrooms,
Your little friend,
Kaetlynn Proudfoot

P.S.: Good news! I’m learning how to ride ponies at The Hidden Cottage. Miriath Banba and Laurieanna are excellent teachers. D’you know either of them?  Once again, you'd better come and visit!!!

Thali Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 19:08
To all my trusted friends in the fair valley of Imladris,  to you I send greetings!
My friends, I want to invite you to my house, the Cottage of Lost play to help our General, Eron recuit memebers for our new army. We needed to start one because our safety... If you could help us, even for a day, I would be forever grateful...
May Eru be with you all,
Thali
  Tarin­ Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 19:35
  Orc Chieftain     Points: 1490     Posts: 3776     Days: 461    View Tarin­'s profileProfile Visit Tarin­'s homepageHomepage Quote Tarin­'s postQuote

Dear Pan,

Hello again mellon, it's good to see you liked your gift so much, and I must say the ink is even more purple than I thought, which is good, since that's why I got it for you.  It's good that you don't expect me to stop or mind me calling Beleg Fishy, as I doubt I could get myself to stop even if I had to.  Yes, the busy life is indeed the good life, as I am enjoying it quite a bit, as always, and I do hope to be able to afford a house by the end of the week if all goes as planned, though whether I will be able to or not remains to be seen.  Well, I am afraid in my absentmindedness I drank some of the water in Mordor, foul stuff, and I need to make sure it won't kill me or anything like that, so now I must run.

Your cousin,
Tarin

Avárith Aldâwén Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 20:09
  Scholar of Imladris     Points: 3561     Posts: 4420     Days: 785    View Avárith Aldâwén's profileProfile Quote Avárith Aldâwén's postQuote

Mellon Tinindil,

It has indeed been a long time since I've heard the voice of my Tengwar Tours companion as well! Unfortunately, the tidings of life are never always joyful...but then, that mustn't keep us distressing tomorrow and the day that follows. Yes, I am back among many friends, all quite supportive, as you have been. And of course I count you a friend still! How could I forget the times we shared in the gardens of Lorien, or the visits I received from Celedine in the Animal Centre, or even the fact that I owe you, mellon nín, another dance since I left the Tours on my journey? Don't think I've forgotten...

Change...it seems to take ahold of us all, whether we wish it or not. Unclear dreams? Tiro ven Elbereth...though I am used to the changing of the world, I do dislike such tidings of distress. And I agree; hope, fellowship, and friends are key in what we must hold valuable. We'll have to discuss these dreams further, Tinin, as it holds my interest and thought.

Nae! My ink runs low...perhaps I'll stop by the Pen and Quill today and buy some afresh. It's early morning as I write this, here in the land of the horse-lords. I'll be heading out to buy a few things after I finish this little letter. Perhaps I shall send a surprise in the next for you...nevertheless, the sun's begin to spread her rosy rays across the sky, and the crisp air slowly beckons me to wake and head out in the market's streets! I cannot heed its call for too long, unfortunately; I seem to always have been an early riser.

I am glad to hear you are safe from the journey you've just left! While you cannot make it here, which is quite understandable (I too managed to barely mount my steed!), I shall be returning in a day or two from the Riddermark (if I can stand another day without hearing Celedine's familiar hellos), and shall fellowship with you then. We have much to catch up on. Perhaps I shall find you, or you may have to seek for me. Either way, may it be soon. I long to hear your voice once more!
Oltho vae ne fuin hen,
Ava

Galderon Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 21:59

Dear Pan,

I must say that it is rather nice to have someone to write to here in Rivendell. Writing you gives me something to do while I am waiting between rounds in the Sparring Competition. I am not sure if I have told you or not, but Cair and I recently adopted two daughters. They are both Lorien Elves like ourselves. Well, the official season of the Interkingdom races are over. My fox and I were lucky enought to make the InterKingdom Derby and the Race of Champions. So, what is new with you and Beleg? Well, I must be going for now. May Eru and the Valar bless you.

Mellon lin,

Eron

Tarin­ Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 06:58

Dear Pan,

From Fishy to Fluffy?  That is quite a transformation, some time whether or not we are in need of a good conversation you will have to tell me the story, as I imagine it is quite the tale.  I hope the art contest went well, and that you had some excellent pieces in it, I thought about entering, but when I heard about it it was too late to make anything halfway decent, especially since my skills lie in writing and not art.  I do hope you enjoy being busy as I do, I couldn't be happier running around every which way to make next task.  The water ended up being harmless, it just tasted odd from all the sulfur and such in Mordor, so Mordor has been treating me as well as can be expected, it is the land of shadow after all, one can't expect too much.  Well, I must run now, many things to do today, I hope all goes well with you.  Until next time my friend.

As Always,
Tarin

Nîhtmúnd Dunami Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 15:30

Dear Tas,

I'm sorry I haven't written in so long. I just got back from my trip and now I'm trying to settle in again.  If you haven't figured it out already, being in the mines for three days without any contact from the outside world breaks down the spirit of any rider. They wouldn't even let my horse in! But that's okay, since I would never make Esphelon go in to such a place, he's not much of a dark tunnle friendly horse.

Evil Niht

Istya Alassea Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 17:01
  Storyteller     Points: 5185     Posts: 6725     Days: 487    Istya Alassea is a Support MemberSupport   View Istya Alassea's profileProfile Quote Istya Alassea's postQuote
Mîr Elenlinde,
  I do hope that when you get this letter, mellon nîn, that you are much more better situated than how you were when you first took the time out to write to me. Mellon, what on Arda?! I felt like I was reading a children's book at getting the news of what had happened to you, though horses do tend to have minds of their own and then wander off from you when you least expect it. So was this your own horse born and bred in Rohan, or was he a gift? It sounds like he may have gone home. And it must have been horrible, not knowing where you were when you found yourself near those trees and then having to find your way from there.
  Now
I feel like I am writing a fantasy novel! Perhaps I should introduce a few gnomes into the story while we are at it. At least the presence you felt was of a Moriquendi; I bet that helped calm your spirit since he could speak your language. Just get somewhere safe and where you know where you are, and then finally to your destination. If it is to the Shire or to Lothlórien where I also spend some of my time, I shall be most happy and especially so to see you.
  So please accept the lemon tarts that I have enclosed with this letter -- I just hope this letter arrives to you speedily so that they are still fresh -- since you now have me worried about your health. Write to me when you are able, mellon. Or, if need be, we shall talk when I finally see you.

With urgency and care,
Istya Alassea 
  Ithilvalan Thursday, March 17, 2005 at 12:44
  Doorwarden of the Mark     Points: 1585     Posts: 1375     Days: 137    View Ithilvalan's profileProfile Quote Ithilvalan's postQuote

Dear Eliendriel,

Well, well, what do you know? We've been assigned as quill-pals! Imagine my surprise (and delight) as I checked in to see who I had been paired up with. So, now's a chance to get to know each other better. Since we've already been introduced and know enough about each other's families, let's talk about ourselves first. I have a few questions that I like to ask my quill pals in my first letter. Here they are as follows. What is your favorite thing about your kingdom/favorite activity? What other kingdoms do you like to visit? Well, I think that's mostly it to get us started.

Your friend,
Ithil

Chi-chi Thursday, March 17, 2005 at 13:31
  Apprentice of Gondor     Points: 253     Posts: 129     Days: 78    View Chi-chi's profileProfile Quote Chi-chi's postQuote

Dear Pan,

In the way of reading, I will read most anything.  If it's literature and it's set in front of me, chances are I will pick it up and read it.  I don't really have a certain type of story I enjoy reading.  While I'm getting settled into Minas Tirith, it's nice to have a constant thing there.  It makes me less homesick, when I get homesick, to have something that will always be there.  And now that I am begining to form friendships here, there is one more thing that will always be in my life.

I'm really hoping I'm able to become someone here.  I'm trying out for the Minas Tirith play (whether my acting skills are much is up for debate).  I may become an apprentice in the Marketplace in a couple more months and I'm seriously considering becoming a Ranger.  I'm pretty much open to all options.

How about you?  What do you enjoy doing?  I hope you are well.

~Chi

Thali Thursday, March 17, 2005 at 16:02
Dearest Elvinhome,
I am sorry so being so late in replying my friend, I haven't seen you in so long that it was a surprise to get a reply from you! I'm well, answering your question in the letter I recived, been traveling a lot more than I used too. So how have you been? I hope you are well, and that you accept the invite to come visit my house for the feast.
May Eru and the Valar forever have favor with you,
Thali
  Elestar Thursday, March 17, 2005 at 20:41
  Child of the Mark     Points: 1206     Posts: 1484     Days: 382    View Elestar's profileProfile Quote Elestar's postQuote

Dear Dundee,
It has been quite some time since I last heard from you, so I thought I would write a quick note to be sure that you are alright *g*!

I imagine that the winter months have brought more than just snow and colder weather to your life—you are probably quite busy! Is there anything really exciting happening now in Imladris? The local gossip is pretty slow concerning the northern countries, I think most of us are staying near to home this winter *g*. I write a few articles for the Riddermark';s newspaper: the Rædboda, and I was just thinking how glad I am that I do not have to travel very far to complete my reports. Some of the writers have to travel clear to the Shire! Do you write anything for the Homely Herald (I believe that is what Rivendell';s newspaper is called *g*)?

In anticipation for the coming spring, the Riddermark has already begun preparations for a Spring Festival. I hear tale of a dance, as well as some sort of a dress-up contest with horses, along with a few other activities (including the traditional Badger chases). I have been rather aloof of kingdom business lately, but I hope to get back involved over the next few months. Is Rivendell planning anything for spring?

Well, that is about all that I have to say for now. I hope to hear from you soon!
Elestar

Tarin­ Friday, March 18, 2005 at 09:44

Dear Pan,

Hello my cousin, I do not know if you will receive this letter, but I thought I'd send it anyway, as I hope you will be back around soon and will see it.  It's good to hear your art contest went so well, and if you insist I will give the next one they have a try, as my skills do not lie with art, I tend to avoid those contests.  I know what you mean, I always feel like I'm forgetting something, and half the time I am, so much running around, but I love it, so I'm not going to change it, if I forget something it just gives me more to do the next day.  My training is going fairly well, I need to think up some good torture methods, but I hope that won't take long as I'm a bit late on getting that assignment down for now.  I hope I do hear from you again soon cousin, for already your presence is greatly missed.

Your friend,
Tarin

Naiya Fernberry Friday, March 18, 2005 at 11:29
  Learned Ent     Points: 1176     Posts: 964     Days: 417    View Naiya Fernberry's profileProfile Quote Naiya Fernberry's postQuote

My Dearest Iruviel

I was so pleased to find your letter when I stopped by the Mockingbird today.  Thank you so much for coming to my party, I am glad that you enjoyed yourself, Webs certainly does provide us with entertainment, doesn't she!  She is also a wonderful companion who has helped me through merely listening, as I have found myself in difficult circumstances too of late, so believe me when I say I appreciate your lack of time. 

My thoughts and time have been spent elsewhere on matters I do not relish, and in consequence I have not had as much time as I would like to spend with my dear friends and family here in Middle Earth.  None the less I hope that we each can work through our situations, and find our way back to one another again soon.  I hope the light and joy of spring finds its way to your heart.

Keep well dear friend, and remember that I am always here to listen and aide as I am able,

Naiya

Thali Friday, March 18, 2005 at 18:55
Dear Eithil,
My friend, how have you been? It has been long since I have seen you. Has our fair Valley been treating you well? I miss my home, and I might be returning so due to my failure to keep busy in Lorien. The woods just aren't right for an elf who writes poetry about Rivendell.
I believe that I have been short come in my own house you see, the day I moved to the woods of Lorien I found that I had been plotted against.  My friends and I soon found that some of those dwelling in the dark lands had wanted to take my life for ages without my knowing. I shall return to the Valley, as it seems to be the only place where I can reside safely.
May the Lord Elrond find favor with you,
Thali
  Star Flower Friday, March 18, 2005 at 20:24
  Chieftain of Durin's Folk     Points: 7387     Posts: 9578     Days: 655    View Star Flower's profileProfile Quote Star Flower's postQuote

Dearest Nydrian,

How are you my dearest Aunt? I have had better days, my friend Taleci thought that I had died but I did not. I am rather pleased about this, as you can imagine and as soon as I had strength to pick up a quill I decided to write to my favorite aunt. I hope that you have been looking after yourself and I am looking forward to see you soon sometime. Maybe we can get together in Rivendell or Khazad-Dum. What do you think?

After my ordeal I am recovering in The Queens Palace Chambers, they have doctors attending to me all of the time and I am glad to be in such good hands. I wish this letter could be longer but alas my hand is getting tired now. I hope to hear from you soon.

Love,
Star Flower

Webit Meadowcap Saturday, March 19, 2005 at 15:33
  Lobelia Sackville-Baggins     Points: 3058     Posts: 3593     Days: 316    View Webit Meadowcap's profileProfile Quote Webit Meadowcap's postQuote

Iruviel of Imladris

Dear Iru,

I was so very pleased to receive your letter.  I am looking forward to your visit, indeed even as I write I am airing out the guest chamber at our Crickhollow cottage in anticipation that you will stay with us while you are in the Shire.  I can assure you that the cottage has considerably higher ceilings then most smials do to the fact that I had it renovated to accommodate my musical inclinations.  The high ceilings allow the sound of my playing to expand and then return to me full bodied. 

To get here turn south from the East West road just before you reach the Brandywine bridge and then take the first turning back towards the east.  Hedgerow Land is the third on the left and my cottage is the very last one. 

I’ve not made it to Lothlorien yet this spring and fear that by the time I do the spring flush will be over and I will miss it yet again.  The spring flowers are just beginning to open their little faces here in the Shire.  If you come within the next week or so you will find it in its greatest glory.  I do look forward to seeing you.

Your friend, Webit
  Idesinholdè Sunday, March 20, 2005 at 05:00
  Freda     Points: 1908     Posts: 3102     Days: 461    View Idesinholdè's profileProfile Visit Idesinholdè's homepageHomepage Quote Idesinholdè's postQuote
To Diava Echui

Dear Grandchild

How are you my dear? I was most delighted to recive a letter from you earlier this afternoon. I saw on the date that it was sendt some time ago, but I am sorry to say I did not recive it in my hands till today.

Reading it lifted my spiritis, and sundenly the sun was shinning brighter than before. I would just love a visit! Trully it would make your old granny so happy. As I am sitting here writing to you, just the thought of seeing you my dear grandchild makes me smile so much my face hurts

I am also glad to hear that you shal be wearing warm clothes. Please do not travell alone, you never know what dangers you could meet on the road. The world we live in is not an entirely safe place to be. As to where I live, come to my cheese shop in the Riddermarket, and then we could walk to my home together at the end of the day. Oh I am so excited about this visit of yours, you have made your ganny a happy lady.

love
Granny Ides
  Grey Pilgrim Sunday, March 20, 2005 at 07:39
  Gandalf     Points: 9079     Posts: 12794     Days: 1061    View Grey Pilgrim's profileProfile Quote Grey Pilgrim's postQuote

Dear Nimmy,

It seems like you have a lovely soul, and you're very good at making people happy! Maybe someday you will tell me of this man you loved in Minas Tirith, but I shan't press you. And though love is indeed a blessing no girl needs a guy to make them happy. They do seem to have a habit of making you watch Pro Pelennor Pigskin and other such things on the palantir, and nipping to the tavern for quick pint of OG while you stay at home and keep the place clean. Hehe, ok, they're not all like that, Derom (my second husband) was the sort to say poetry to me and bring me gifts. Even the divorce was sweet, he got down on one knee and proposed we go our own ways, then we had a party and invited all our friends for the celebration. I can imagine how strange this sounds to you, but he wanted to return to Valinor, I needed to stay here, we still love each other but we've both moved on. So even though we separated, our marriage was a happy one.

Enough of my ramblings! You mentioned you were travelling south, where do you intend on visiting? Make sure you pack clean underwear! Isengard is starting to show the first signs of Spring, the trees are showing blossom and there are some pretty daffodils in the Isengarden. I've been woken to the sounds of birds singing of late as well. I'd love it if you came for a visit!

Many thanks for the berries, they were delicious! I saved some and made a pie, and I managed not to burn the kitchens down!

I hope to hear from you soon!
Love, Geeps

Goldmoon Dunami Monday, March 21, 2005 at 01:29
  Esquire of the Mark     Points: 2598     Posts: 2847     Days: 304    Goldmoon Dunami is a Support MemberSupport   View Goldmoon Dunami's profileProfile Quote Goldmoon Dunami's postQuote

My Dear Friend Anarie

It was a pleasure and a surprise both to get a letter from you. Tis nice you think of me that way. Aww, it warms my heart so. I'm well and yes it does seem to me that here lately we have only seen each other in Rivvy, but i'll give you some hints. I'm always in Lorien lawn or the gardens where i work in the cafe. You say that i'm a good listener, ahh tis true, but there are special people like yourself that i enjoy listening to. Never doubt that! I'm not much into rohan even though that is my homeland, its just the things i love to do are in the forests or in rivendell. I know how silly that sounds but it's true.
Now i do go to the riddermarket alot and then being in the cavalry, i have a cav only pub i can go to. But we also have a regular pub to, but this time around they are decorating it so its sort of unusual. Being a roaming reporter to has sort of lured me into rivvy and lorien as well, but rohan will always be number one for me. I think you are very special and yes tis true, i do have a tendency to draw a crowd no matter where i go, why i've not figured out yet. Well sweetie, i hope this letter finds you well and safe. Write back often and i will to, i love writing and talking to you. Your sweet and have a heart of gold. Take care and see soon.

Your friend
Goldmoon

Thali Monday, March 21, 2005 at 14:49

Dearest Diava,
I cannot tell you how glad you have made me! I was wondering if I'd ever hear from you..
My friend, you wonder why I left my fair home? I was in danger, terrible danger my friend, some minions of the black land were plotting to kill me. I was so frightened that I didn't stop to think if my friends in the fair Valley needed me or no. You want to convince me to come home? I already disire to return home, I miss my friends so dreadfully. But I fear that I cannot, no not yet my life is still at streak...
May Eru be kind to you, and all of the fair valley,
Thali

Miriath Banba Monday, March 21, 2005 at 17:26
  Hobbit Chef     Points: 1924     Posts: 2239     Days: 428    View Miriath Banba's profileProfile Quote Miriath Banba's postQuote

Dear Eliendriel,

I'm delighted to say that I am your new penpal! Let me just do the formal introduction, I'm Miriath Banba, and I live in the Green Hill Country of the Shire!   I've had a few penpals from Rivendell, though I have never journeyed to the fair city myself...though I have always longed to visit!

Let me just tell you a little bit about me; well I'm three feet on the dot, height wise.  Though in the Shire I am an avid member of the International Shire and Pipeweed Association, the Shire Players, the Shire Party Planners, Shire Fire, and many other organizations!  Some of my favourite hobbies are theatre - do you like theatre? I've done several leading roles in plays, my most current role being Christine Daee in the Phantom of the Opera, which is set to premier on the stage here in the Farthing of New Zealand in July!

I also own a small house here in the Shire...it's called the Hidden Cottage! If you are interested in horses, I  hope that sometime you will stop by here, we have a wonderful stable facility and a wonderful breeding programme! 

Though that's enough about me!  I hope to hear from you soon!
Best wishes,
Miriath Banba

Elestar Monday, March 21, 2005 at 19:42
  Child of the Mark     Points: 1206     Posts: 1484     Days: 382    View Elestar's profileProfile Quote Elestar's postQuote

Dearest Dundee,
I was so glad to receive your letter, as I had become a little worried about you *g*; I am glad to hear that you are alright and doing well!

Indeed the Badger Chase is a lot of fun, and I encourage you to sign up for this next one. I don';t believe sign-ups have been opened yet, but I';ll let you know as soon as they do so you can check it out—it would be so much fun to ride alongside you in the chase, not to mention meeting you at last!

I hope that your festival goes well, I can only imagine the fun that is in store for you! I hope you have a wonderful time, but I expect to hear all of the details of the event when it is over *g*.

Yes, I do write for the Rædboda, and have now for several months. I enjoy writing of any kind, so I was happy to find a spot on our paper';s staff. As to you not having enough imagination, I find that highly debatable *G*! I am sure you have plenty of imagination, just look at all of the wonderful things that you cook and bake—that requires imagination, doesn';t it?

That is about all that I can say for now. I hope all is well with you and yours, and I most eagerly await your next letter!
Take care,
Elestar

nimaroel Monday, March 21, 2005 at 21:58
  Sentinel of Lothlorien     Points: 2082     Posts: 2178     Days: 415    View nimaroel's profileProfile Quote nimaroel's postQuote

Dear Ney,

I apologize my friend, for replying so late. I have been so very busy these days and I barely find time to write letters to dear friends. It is something I truly regret and hope to make up for soon.
I too am a part of the racing team with my young fox, Forys. It was his first season of racing and I think he did fairly well, despite that fact. Other than the visits to different kingdoms because of the racing, I fear I have not been traveling much. And Rivendell too, I have only visited recently for a sparring match between the two kingdom's guards. I truly regret not having the time for traveling, something that I still love doing, but it is something that I cannot change for some time for now.
I think I have known you for quite a long time, and it is curious that I do not know much of your family. I hope you do not mind me asking now. Do you have any siblings, whether related by blood or adopted? For I have recently seperated myself from the family that had adopted me long ago... Too many of the closer relations there have lost touch. It was a wrench to do so but I felt it was needed.
The letter is a bit too short, I know but I fear it is all I can write for now. Duty calls and I must heed it. I hope to see you again in the near future, perhaps if you visit our fair woods. Until then, farewell.

Your friend, 
Nim 

Ilweran Tuesday, March 22, 2005 at 01:42
  Archer of Lothlorien     Points: 580     Posts: 666     Days: 125    View Ilweran's profileProfile Quote Ilweran's postQuote

Dear Mummy ( Elvinhome)

hee hee! you sent the letter to the wrong place! I think Ellerina is a beautiful name.  I have never been to the races, and don't really know what they are. I suppose I'll have to come watch one day. I am writing this letter while waiting for the recpetionist at the HUnter's training camp to wake up. I thinnk he must have fallen asleep, because I've waved my hand in front of his face, and it's been a few days simnce I introduced myself. Captain? Well done.mm * nods head* chocolate is very good. I love caramel too! I should think you know Nie, she's my cousin, your niece! We've known each other for a while, she started wrting to me when I first joined. I know hwat you mean about the disappearing. It's very annyoing. Everytime I offer to adopt someone they become inactive. Now that I've finally adopted someone, he's inactive. Grrr.. I travel to Fangorn a lot, I am in healer training. Although my teacher has been gone for a while.. maybe he's on holiday. See you soon

P.S. many huggles and chocolate muffins with caramel inside

your daughter,
Ilweran 

Isila Tuesday, March 22, 2005 at 09:29
  Hobbit Chef     Points: 1894     Posts: 2634     Days: 298    View Isila's profileProfile Quote Isila's postQuote

Dear Dundee,

Suil mellon! I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to reply to your last letter. Would you believe me if I said that Merlynn ate the letter and than I forgot to write? Something tells me that you're laughing at me right now. I know you are! Anyway, as you probably can see I'm not racing in the RoC in the Riddermark but I am racing in the Derby and am not modding it. Thank goodness because there's soooo many racers here. I wish the mods the best of luck with trying to keep track of anything here. Hehe, good luck to you and Pandy in the RoC though. Let's hope that cheetah is in a good mood for runnning. Sorry to change the topic but....I noticed that we're gonna be barrel racing together. I couldn't believe it at first because well...more water! Everytime we meet we end up getting wet. Maybe we're cursed or something. Hahaha, I'm kidding. What has the ickle elf been up to? Besides bribing her cheetah to race. I want a detailed description in your next letter.Three big paragraphs! okay, I think I need some sleep...or food as I'm losing it now. See ya soon!

~Isila   

Goldmoon Dunami Tuesday, March 22, 2005 at 13:00
  Esquire of the Mark     Points: 2598     Posts: 2847     Days: 304    Goldmoon Dunami is a Support MemberSupport   View Goldmoon Dunami's profileProfile Quote Goldmoon Dunami's postQuote

My Friend Anarie

Suilaid mellon nin. I was overjoyed to get another letter from you, although i sense something very wrong between those lines.  The darkness you fear, can you tell me about it? Yes i know all to well how beautiful our horses are, i have three of the most loved horses right here in from of me. Thunder, my solid black stallion, then Royal who is solid white and then i  have just gotten another sort of red roan one. He is a stallion as well, i love their free spirit, and to ride one of them is most enjoyable. Do you ride? Now as far as the job in the garden of lorien, you be careful traveling here if you come to visit. I'd hate to have to come looking for you, and you know that i would.
Your have quickly become one dear friend to me and i couldn't bare it hearing something had happened.I have an idea though, beings i'm such a traveler, why don't you send me a line on where you'll be and i'll meet you there. I've been to isengard, fangorn, well even mordor although i carry my blades when i go there and leave my horse outside town for obvious reasons. Tis not a good place to be, but they do have a nice pub once in awhile. Your twin, Amarie, how is she doing? Twin right? I hope i haven't forgotten so quickly. I'm sorry i didn't get right back to you, i was on assignment in the shire doing my monthly reporting, you know how that at times can last longer than expected. But for now, Hannen le for the wonderful letters and may your heart forever stay true and kind. 'hugs'  Fear not sweetie, no road is ever to dark for me to travel, i'll always be here.

Your friend always
Goldmoon

Thali Tuesday, March 22, 2005 at 14:34
 Dearest Diava,
My friend, it is true. The minions who plotted this attack, I cannot mention in letters or even in a private convosation in our fair home, for is anything truly secret in the Valley? Our people always seem to know everything! Is that not why people come to elves for gossip? Dearest mellon nin, it isn't I alone that they have challanged, but my entire household as well. But when the danger passes, I shall indeed return to my home, I cannot stand being away for long, as you know. I'd be forever grateful to you, and your family if you would even consider aiding me. If you wish, you are invited to the castle in the skies, my palace in Lothlorien as all my faithful friends are in fair Rivendell.
May Varda have favor with you, as I do,
Thali
  Crystal_Dream Tuesday, March 22, 2005 at 16:20
  Forester of Lothlorien     Points: 655     Posts: 800     Days: 57    View Crystal_Dream's profileProfile Quote Crystal_Dream's postQuote

Dear IIweran

It is the first time I write to you, my dear cousin. How are you doing these days? I hope everything is fine. I dropped by the Hunter Central HQ, the place we met last time. I thought the receptionist had fell asleep, so I left there early. And today, I found that the general returned and we gathered in the nice room, around the fireplace. It was really a nice day, I am writing to you now sitting beside the fireplace, can’t wait to tell you this message, I will let my bird send this letter to you as soon as I finished this letter. Hope  see you soon, my dear cousin.

Love Dreamy

LorienElfmaiden Wednesday, March 23, 2005 at 17:46
  Galadhrim Bowmaster     Points: 1695     Posts: 1941     Days: 343    View LorienElfmaiden's profileProfile Quote LorienElfmaiden's postQuote

Dear Durin,

It has been a while my friend! How are you faring? I feel like it has been ages since we last wrote, though I do hope you haven't forgotten me completely! I just wanted to drop you a quick note to say "suil!" and I hope this letter finds you well. I really enjoyed my trip to Rivendell and hope I can return one day. The library really was great and I am not done there yet! Speaking of which, we have a new library now in Lothlorien. It is all very exciting, though it's quite different from the one in Rivendell. We do a lot of studying and are working on the history of Lothlorien at the moment. Well, I hope to hear from you again!

Take care.

May Elbereth protect you and guide your steps.
~Lorien

Nîhtmúnd Dunami Wednesday, March 23, 2005 at 18:40

Dear Tas,

I didn't go to KD, I went to a different set of mines, but it's a long story and I'm too tired to go over it.  You see, I've been wracking my mind trying to find ways to make this music work. I'm working on a few pieces of music for a recital. I haven't gotten to the post office since I got my flute back from the Riddermarket. That's why it has taken me so long to reply. So how have you been in this past week?

Evil NIht

Nieriel Wednesday, March 23, 2005 at 18:45
  Guard of the Mark     Points: 762     Posts: 2567     Days: 218    View Nieriel's profileProfile Quote Nieriel's postQuote

My Dearest Daughter Nenime-

I'm sorry that I didnt' send you more than one message.  I never expected that after our slight meeting you would end up being my daughter.  However, I haven't seen or heard from you since I adopted you.  I miss you very much and hope that we can perhaps meet in Imladris.  I truly do want to get to know you better.  I would also like you to sometime meet your other sisters (you have four of them).  Hope to hear from you soon.

Your mother
Nieriel

Thorond Thursday, March 24, 2005 at 12:51
  Sentinel of Lothlorien     Points: 2211     Posts: 2268     Days: 525    View Thorond's profileProfile Visit Thorond's homepageHomepage Quote Thorond's postQuote
Dear Indis,

these days I am usually not found in any kingdom - let's say my interests turned out to be somewhat different. If you're interested in continuing our discussion, I suggest you write directly ( thorsten@sindarin.de) - otherwise I am likely to miss your message (it took me an awful long time to localize it in Lorien).

All the best,

Thorond
  Thali Thursday, March 24, 2005 at 16:05

Dearest Diava,
My friend, you will never know how very grateful I am too you. They started their attack in the feast of stars near my house, honoring Varda and the stars of Imladris. I should have been forwarned however, the stars were burning far too bright for a night of peaceful starglazing.
It is hard enough with a price on my head alone, but as for my friends it scars me to know that I am the reason they are being attacked. My Gondorian son in law
Sarn
(well would have been son in law) frightened me enough, going to aid the minions.
Indeed, my most trusted friend, only a few know of their plot to attack. My closest friends and the ones loyal to me are the only ones who know anything on the matter.
May Eru be with you on your journey,
Thali

Goldmoon Dunami Thursday, March 24, 2005 at 18:41
Sweet Anarie My Friend

Hannen le to you sweets for getting back to me so fast. I'm sorry this will arrive more than likely a bit to late but i've been swamped with other important tasks here at work and home. Tis ok if you don't want to talk about the dark mordor. All i will ask though...is that you never go there without me knowing or going with you ok? Promise me that...well if you would i mean. I've another friend that got hurt real bad there once and tis a good thing i was there or she might of been hurt worse.You know how the evil can at times consume you, well that's what happened there one eve. 'shudders' just thinking about it.

Wonderful about your twin, i'm sure you two are great for each other. One day soon i will find my sister and i hope she is as sweet grown up now as you are. Oh gosh in the Derby? hehe yes that can get a bit scrambled at times. Just keep your head on your shoulders and go with your instincts. They work for me. Now you wanting to know where i live? Ok no worries there. My name of my house is Finduilas Elensar of Rohan. Not to far away from the marketplace really. But the bad part is that my house is getting renovated right now, they found a faulty floor in there and are repairing it. I've had to stay elsewhere since it fell through.

I've been told one week more and it would be all new again. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed and sit and drink wine in front of Gold's hall with the fire in the fireplace going. Your horse Elektra sounds wonderful and very beautiful to. But now why would you want to give me something? Aww that is to sweet of you hon. And it's alive? OOh what is it? Oh can i sweet talk or bribe you? hehe. Well the lawn would be a great place, and i've heard there is a new feast going on to. I'm bringing my two wolves for you to meet there if that's ok. Your not afraid of wolves are you? Their names are, the white one is Faen Draug, and my black one is Dragon. Both are very good at orc chasing as well. Never one to be not careful these days you know? Well sweetie, i'm rambling, and for some reason it feels good talking to you this way. I feel like i've found someone very special indeed. Take care and stay safe. 'hugs'

Your friend always
Goldmoon Dunami
  Lerivel Friday, March 25, 2005 at 12:02
  Loremaster of Gondor     Points: 1884     Posts: 1461     Days: 612    View Lerivel's profileProfile Quote Lerivel's postQuote
Avarith Aldawen,

My friend I was very excited to recieve your letter in the White City. I had not been expecting to hear from you as it has been too long since we have spoken. You should indeed come to the White City, at the moment it is in a buzz with activity and perhaps you can take part in it all. I must admit I will not be able to visit Imladris anytime soon myself as I am drowned in activities here, not to mention the war mongering that has been about. However, living here so near to the east, Gondorians are quite used to this sort of talk.

If my writing is slightly illegible, I apologize. I have been taking care of Teleptin, Silme's bird since her arrival in the Dungeons. To be truly honest I am not completely certain as to why Silme has been placed in the dungeons, although I believe I caught something about her stealing something of the Queens and I suppose that if anything would land you in the prison cells. My sympathy's are with her, although I hear she isn't being treated too bady so that's good news! Its her bird however that's been a rather pain...he continuously pecks at the hand until you feed him.

Besides that I have been keeping up with my regular duties. Being Postmaster is tiring as I must oversee the various packages and letters that come in and go out. Being a member of the Roquen also has kept my attention. My horse Atreu is doing fine, although I believe a visit to the Veterinarian's might be in order in order to have a slightly keener eye passed over him.

It is the King's Birthday in the city! Before I forget I must put this down, it has been quite festive indeed around here and I have been enjoying every minute. I do hope you will be able to reach the White City for a good visit. Until then, I'll have you in my thoughts my friend.

Lerivel
  Thali Friday, March 25, 2005 at 15:13

To all my dearest friends who yet dwell in the fair valley of Imladris,
My friends, I would like to invite all of you to a celebration that I am holding in my palace the Castle in the skies. There will be food, music and of course dancing. Bring a few friends if you like, and the more the merrier! I'd be glad to have a chat with all of you, we do seem to need a chance to catch up with ourselves do we not?
If you can join us, please reply asap.
Hoping to see you all there,
Thali

Goldmoon Dunami Saturday, March 26, 2005 at 01:52
Dearest Anarie

Aww, now look what you've done. Already figured me out. No fair. Here's a big big piece of chocolate cake if you'll tell me. 'pouts' Anyhoo i'm sure you've seen that before, the ole bribery routine. Ack! I guess i'll just ponder till i see you on the new lawn today sometime. Now then for this journey together or traveling with you. Why most certainly i will. And thank you for that promise, it means alot to me. I will, and you can ask anyone, fight or put my own rohirrim life on the line for my friends. Been done several times before, seems some certain evil ones, (need i say more) have second thoughts when a rohir enters their domain. Tis good to. I've got a wonderful favor to ask of you. I have that roan stallion i've yet to name. How would you like to choose like two possibilities and tell me what you think would be the best one. I had my one friend Ness, she helped me name my white wolf and i loved it. It has to be elven of course. Now he's reddish roan with a high spirit and loves to show off, like pretend he's the only one there. Majestic i would say. Well sweetie, its time for me to shove off to sleep now, take care and don't let whatever it is ....keep you up all night. See you soon.

Your Rider Friend always
Goldmoon
  Miriath Banba Saturday, March 26, 2005 at 06:29

Dear Eliendriel,

I was overjoyed to find that your reply came so quickly, though I am sorry that it has taken me so long to write back! With the coming of spring my life in the Shire has become very active, as I have been busy planting flowers and busy with my own shop!  Though I try to find some time to write, but lately my house has been bustling with activity and some of my horses are with foal, so I'm down at my barn constantly everyday!  I hardly find time to sleep anymore!

You are a Sadril? That makes us distantly related as I am a Banba!  My mother is Tarin Banba, a minion of Mordor, my father Dain, a Dwarf and I have many sisters and brothers in kingdoms all over Middle Earth!  It's quite a small Arda, sometimes!!

It sounds like you ahve a wonderful horse, if you ever pass through the Shire or if I ever pass through Imladris I would very much like to meet him! I have a horse, yes a horse, I do have ponies, though I prefer riding horses on longer trips, named Gillendor.  I found him while I was in Rohan buying several other stallions, he was being abused by his old master so I offered to buy him. The poor stallion was nothing by skin and bones and he had numerous cuts and scrapes on his legs and haunches!  He wouldn't let me near him for the first several days, though eventually we began forming a bond, which has led him to be one of my favourite long distance horses!

Though speaking of horses, I must be running out to the barn, it is time for their morning feeding!

Best wishes,
Miriath

Avi_Aiel Saturday, March 26, 2005 at 08:58
  Guardian of the Valley     Points: 1834     Posts: 2980     Days: 202    View Avi_Aiel's profileProfile Visit Avi_Aiel's homepageHomepage Quote Avi_Aiel's postQuote

Dear Ava,

As co-owner of Nestad Levain, I would like to invite you to join our healing community. News of your previous involvement and dedication to the former ACC has reached my ears and it has been agreed upon by all our Tanestors - myself, Arwil and Dundee - that you should be asked to rejoin. We could no doubt benefit from your prior experience, especially with our current Minestor Sériva's extended absence.

However, if you were to rejoin us, the only position open to you would be as Taidor. I think it is important for you to start again, in a sense. Once a higher-ranking position is opened, it would not be long before you would be promoted. We would love to have you with us and hope you will accept.

Regards and best wishes
Avi

Avárith Aldâwén Saturday, March 26, 2005 at 10:38
Dear Avi,

I'm happy to hear my fellow healers wish me to return! I'd been thinking of such things as I miss the sweet scent of herbs in the morning and a day's work of comfort. My experience with the center was quite a memorable one. I accept the invitation, and thank you, Arwil, and Dundee for it with joy.

I understand the position that you all have been placed in with my return, and I'll gladly accept the position offered. I've become enwrapped in many things around Arda, so starting out at a smaller position would be the best thing as of now. Make no mistake; I'll be as dedicated as I was then, no matter what office I hold, so don't worry about me becoming the newest Taidor slacker! I'll be sure to head for Nestad Levain the first chance I get, as I've just arrived in Gondor for a day to spend with a friend!

I'll be back shortly, and when I return I'll be ready to help out!
My sincere gratitude,
Ava
  Thali Saturday, March 26, 2005 at 15:47

To; all friends of the Lady Thali, meaning me, who still dwell in Imladris
My friends, I am in dire need of your archering skills, and this time I write to you in great haste.
We are in danger of attack at my palace. We only just started an army for our protection, but it is small and weak due to it's age. We need to recuit, and so I come to you, my most trusted friends, asking for aid.
If you can help us, at any time I'd be forever grateful to you and your family.
May Eru bless you all,
Thali

Amity Sunday, March 27, 2005 at 05:32
  Hobbit Farmer     Points: 582     Posts: 479     Days: 131    View Amity's profileProfile Quote Amity's postQuote
Dear Dundaeiel,
My biggest apology for such long wait for my reply, Dully. How have you been? Any knew adventures in mind? Well, I have been quite busy running from the Brewery in the Shire to the Ivy and to the Derby Race. Also I wanted to ask, but never really got to it. Do you have any pets of any sort? I have a whole caboodle of them so if you ever stop by the Shire you may actually experience their royal need. Oh you know what, I have a brilliant idea that just popped into my mind. You should come and visit Shire and maybe join in the Brewery, it would be so much fun and for a cherry on top of that you can meet my crazy pet pack.
You know I was thinking of stopping in Imladris for a little bit of time on my adventure though somehow I did not get to it. I was thinking actually, maybe I will visit you some time. Is there any place we could meet if I do travel to your palace? Well until then my fellow friend take care of yourself and see you soon.

Lovie,
Amity
  Crystal_Dream Sunday, March 27, 2005 at 09:47
  Forester of Lothlorien     Points: 655     Posts: 800     Days: 57    View Crystal_Dream's profileProfile Quote Crystal_Dream's postQuote

My dearest sisters Nariel and gzgirl

Sorry about didn't write to you soon. I hope you will like living here, in the beautiful Rivendell. Don't be hesitate talking with the elves and making friends here. And the more friends you have, the happier life you will have. Though i haven't visit here yet, i know elves are all friendly and kindly. They will welcome your arrive, my dearest sisters. You can travel together, and that will be funnier than traveling alone. You know each other, right? I hope you will help each other when you live here. sorry that i won't be able to come here nor lotrcn so ofen in the coming weeks, but i will write to you later. Don't hesitate at any time, you are beautiful elven maiden in Imladris. And here is your kingdom, you home. love it.

lots of love
Dreamy

Nîhtmúnd Dunami Sunday, March 27, 2005 at 11:38

Dear Tas, 
     I don't remember if I told you or not, so I'll go on with my little rant now.  I wen tinto the mines that are somewhat like the Paths of the Dead, only it was for the dwarves.  There was a large battle between elves and dwarves and in the end, a great elf witch cursed the dwarves to live in that mine.  Then, the dwarves cursed the entrance of the mines so that if anyone unwanted entered it, they would die right when they left.  Needless to say, I didn't die.    I'm glad that you are happy, just don't work too much.  I myself happen to be a little busy, but it's all well since I have a vacation coming up in a week. I think this time I'll just stay put here in the village. I need to visit my birth brother, his birthday is coming up and I miss him terribly.  I guess guilt is coming over me for leaving him and my father....

Bad Niht

Avi_Aiel Sunday, March 27, 2005 at 13:35
  Guardian of the Valley     Points: 1834     Posts: 2980     Days: 202    View Avi_Aiel's profileProfile Visit Avi_Aiel's homepageHomepage Quote Avi_Aiel's postQuote

Dear Ava,

News of your acceptance of our invitation fills me with great pleasure and anticipation. It also brings great relief that you are not troubled by the position we offer you. We had hoped you would not frown upon it and we are pleased you wish to contribute once more to our centre.
A formal invitation to join our establishment should have reached you by now. We await your return and thereafter joining of Nestad Levain.

May your journeys be blessed with fine weather.

Regards,
Avi

Elestar Sunday, March 27, 2005 at 19:01

Dearest Dundee,
I imagine that the sign-ups for the Badger Chase will probably be starting this week sometime—you';ll probably want to begin your trek if you still want to participate. I am eagerly awaiting your arrival, and I do believe that this will be our first meeting—though my memory fails me at times *g*, so it might not be.

Yes, I did sign up for the Barrel Race in Khazad-dum. I am so excited for it—I am on a full-Rohirric team, with two other Riders that I know, no less *g*. I saw that you had signed up as well; I wish you good luck in overcoming your fears, it will be advantageous to have a friend with you that shares your trepidation *g*!

I hope you will begin writing for the Herald, I bet you would have a blast with it!

Well, that';s about all that I can say for now. I hope to hear from you soon, and I am very sorry for the tardiness of this letter!
Elestar

Elestar Tuesday, March 29, 2005 at 19:47

Dearest Dundee,
I was so glad to hear that you are already on your way to Edoras. If indeed you do arrive before the Badger Chase begins, don';t fret, as I will think of something for us to do *g*. I hope you will lodge at my house during your stay in Edoras. If you agree to, let me know and I will write directions for you; it is fairly easy to find, but I wouldn';t want you to get lost. I am so excited to meet you! Oh, and don';t worry about stabling for your horse, I have a corral in which I keep Trum when he is at home.

I wondered what BOB stood for when I saw your team';s name *g*--Barrel of Babes does have a good ring to it. Are you having fun with your teammates? So far my team has gotten off to a good start, as we haven';t had to go backwards yet…we';ll see how long that lasts! What a coincidence it is that you and I signed up for the same activity in the same week, we must have a lot in common *g*!

Well, that is about all that I can say for now. I look forward to your next letter and your arrival in Edoras!
Elestar

Goldmoon Dunami Wednesday, March 30, 2005 at 21:23
Dear Sister Iruviel

I hope this letter finds you well and in good spirits. The reason i'm writing this is one, to say thank you for sending your servant to bring me to meet you and to ask you ...perhaps if you could dove me (In profile) and tell me more about what you remember. Seeing you after all this time still has me sort of in awl. I'm so glad though that you've found me and i know i didn't show it alot but its because of all the dreams i have had. I've found that dad was of Noble blood which is wonderful and our mother is like the Lady Galadriel. She had immense powers, hence the three pendants. If you go back in time where those feasts i went to, you can see all the details there.

This quest i'll be going on will start very soon, within say 21 days. There are several of my very close friends going to find Star, well that's her nickname. Like mine, i'm named after the moon, mom was named aftet the sun, and she was named after the stars. Then there is you now to remember what mom named you after. Silly me, but you know i've been thinking about the word Rian, and it does ring a bell in my head. Oh i just wish you and  i had an hour or so to just talk more but i've got to go for now. Those silly wolves of mine are tearing up something..I'll talk to you soon. Oh yea, this healer, can you give me directions? Take care sis.

Your sister and friend
Goldmoon
  Nieriel Thursday, March 31, 2005 at 09:30

My Dearest Daughter Ney

I was so happy when I saw your letter.  Don't worry about not writing back though, I completely understand.  It was so nice to see you at the feast the other day.  Oh right, you sisters.  Your oldest sister is Lothlea, an elf of Lothlorien.  I haven't heard from her in a long time, but i hope to see her soon.  Then there is Shadowfax, a maiden of Gondor.  She sometimes comes to Lorien, but she mainly stays in Gondor.  Then there is MaiarUnien, but we all call her Smurf. She is in Lorien a lot.  Then there is Arthiel.  She a crazy one for sure, but I love her. She's an elf of Imladris like yourself and mainly stays close to the pub Amin Rams en Endo near our home. Hope this helps and hope to see you soon!

Much love
Nieriel

Greenbean Thursday, March 31, 2005 at 13:17
  Esquire of the Mark     Points: 2125     Posts: 2489     Days: 471    View Greenbean's profileProfile Quote Greenbean's postQuote

Dear Eragorn,

Random my horse's bottom! I say it is quite fortunate that we've been paired up, as I've been looking for someone to teach me some elvish. I understand with the handwriting bit, mine tends towards the more illegible side when I am in a hurry. Or when I'm too lazy to care about how my words muddle together. If I can read it, then there's nothing to worry about, eh? Anyway, as you were so kind as to share a few tidbits about yourself, I shall do the same.

I am twenty-six years old, by my reckoning. I've had a relatively straight-forward life, having lived in the same place of the Mark all my life with my father and mother. As is to be expected, it was a horse farm and stud, so I always had a pony or two to gallop around the fields as I wished. But I live in my own house now, with a few of my dear friends, when they do stop by. It's in Rohan, not the most beautiful house, but it's endearing, and my own. I also write poetry, though I'm of not much skill in that area, it seems my Muse is quite fickle, leaving me a few droppings and flitting off into an unknown realm. Other things that you might find interesting are that I'm an apprentice in the Rohirric Stables in Rohan's Riddermarket. In case you need to find me, I'll most likely be there. I also cater to people through the Entish Catering Company, where I am a  foreign chef. If you ever need a food service, I'd duelly reccomend you to go there, 'tis an excellent place to hire. Well, if that's sufficiently long and boring for you, I must bid adeiu, it seems I've forgotten to take care of some things that I could have sworn I'd done...

Your quill pal,
Mairu

Greenbean Sunday, April 03, 2005 at 08:56
  Esquire of the Mark     Points: 2125     Posts: 2489     Days: 471    View Greenbean's profileProfile Quote Greenbean's postQuote
Dear Eragorn,

Indeed, but you have to know your writing is horrible, if one can't even decipher what ye' wrote. I've known some people like that, fortunately, my bad handwriting tends towards the less-bad portion, or something like that. I don't know if my Muse is an animal, it is rarely around long enough for me to see. Which, as things go, is quite annoying when one is trying to write a poem, or has the hankering to, but ye' can't, because nothing seems to come to ye. That's the way it's been lately, I do hope my prodigal Muse returns, or I'll be left without the one thing that has gotten me through some very hard times...

I didn't know that, happy Edenedhrinn! I'd love for you to visit me! First, one thing- are you a Sadril or Banba? It seems that the majority of my quill pals are related to me in some way or another, and I don't even know 1/4 of my immediate family, it seems. (as I was adopted by a Sadril, who was a Banba at the time as well, but isn't any longer) Anyway, I can't quite give proper coordinates for my house, or directions either, it seems that I didn't do well when we were supposed to be studying grids and maps. But, if this will help, it's called "Das Haus?" It's in Rohan, but, as I said, I'm not exactly sure where. Well, I've to go, there is a commotion outside, and I think they've started the badger races... Interesting stuff! Oh yes, there's a dance too, in case that would interest you into visiting the spring festival here. And if you were an orc, I would be alright with that, I... well, let's just say that wouldn't scare me away.

Yours,
Mairu
  Elestar Sunday, April 03, 2005 at 19:24

Dearest Dundee,
I am so glad that you are here! Here
are directions to my house. I hope you find it easily. Just follow the main road out of town a little ways and then turn on to the last path on the left, that is my road and my humble abode is at the very end. I am so excited to see you; don';t be surprised if I';m waiting at the window *g* to pounce on you when you arrive *g*!

I am glad to hear that you are having fun with the Barrel Race in Khazad-dum—I know that I am! I am the rower for our team, what position are you? I was sorry to hear that you lost a teammate, I hope the rowing goes alright for you!

Excitedly awaiting your arrival,
Elestar

Nîhtmúnd Dunami Sunday, April 03, 2005 at 21:33

Dear Tas,
    I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. My oh my, today's been quite a busy day.  As you can see, I am no longer a rider of Rohan, which can be rather saddening, but I hope to become one of the greateset entwife's that Fangorn or even Eru has ever seen.  Yes, it won't happen, but a girl needs a goal, doesn't she?  Well, how have you been? You should come to Rohan's spring festival! I'll be at the dance for a while. You see, now that I've moved, I miss Rohan a little and will be visiting quite often. In fact, I'll be out and about a lot more. So if there's any place in Rivendell you think I may like to visit, just send word. Well, I must go.

Enty Nihty

Firerose Arien Monday, April 04, 2005 at 18:07
  Istari Venerable     Points: 4693     Posts: 12894     Days: 837    Firerose Arien is a Support MemberSupport   View Firerose Arien's profileProfile Visit Firerose Arien's homepageHomepage Quote Firerose Arien's postQuote
To All My Friends and Fiends in the Valley of Imladris--

Since the Lady Galadriel packed me off to stay in the Valley after I grew up, I have always enjoyed it's wonderful, golden hue and the golden spirits of the elves that dwelled here.

It was here that I met fellow elves Eithil, Elan, Roo, Arlo, Lae, Tara, Idril, Tinw, Lilu, Mor...and I truly felt at home in this Valley, and I could not imagine myself anywhere else.

Recently,however, I more and more desired for a change. The Valley was where Galadriel had sent me, but not where I had wanted to go myself. So I decided to hop on my horse, grab my sword and head out for Isengard, and well, I haven't been disappointed.

So I plan on staying round here for a long holiday...a very long holiday. But I will visit! Don't be fooled! You're not through with me yet!

Should you wish to address me in Isengard my address (in full) is:

Mme Firerose Boudicca Arien Parr
daughter of the illustirious Varda BB and supreme Mandos Hoth
Floor 44, Room 8
Orthanc Tower
731 River Isen Road
Isengard
Middle Earth
  Lady Aredhel Monday, April 04, 2005 at 21:32
  Galadhrim Bowmaster     Points: 1869     Posts: 2600     Days: 713    View Lady Aredhel's profileProfile Quote Lady Aredhel's postQuote

To:  Eriol Rion

Indeed, you have brought me great joy!  A mother's heart will always long for her children.  Your letter and gift were like touching a piece of them (very literally, when one considers the locket).  I cannot think of a gift that would have pleased me more, other than to see their faces in the flesh once again.  A friend of Amara and Avarvilya will always be welcome in my home.

Which reminds me...though I do own a talan in Lorien, it has mostly been used for training and guard purposes.  The family home is the Daffodil Den, the house that Eithil and I purchased together when our family was still young.  You will find me there shortly to welcome you properly.

May Elbereth bless you for your kindness.

Sincerely,

Aredhel Elvellon

aisil Tuesday, April 05, 2005 at 10:58
Dearest Dundee,

I found your letter, don`t worry about it. I also hope we could meet eachother again soon, and it would be amazing if you could drop by Khazad-dûm. It`s amazing here and I`m so glad I moved from Lorien. Lorien was wonderfull but Khazad-Dûm is a whole new experience. You`re at the riddermark with Elestar? sounds amazing, I would love to join you guys..if I had time but I think I`m to bussy with exploring my own new home now....A race? sounds fun, I like races..even though I`ve never participated myself, I`m not good at it at all *g*. I have to stop now, got so many stuff to do,

Aisil

Lady Aredhel Tuesday, April 05, 2005 at 19:45
  Galadhrim Bowmaster     Points: 1869     Posts: 2600     Days: 713    View Lady Aredhel's profileProfile Quote Lady Aredhel's postQuote

To:  Eriol Rion

Ah, so you have spoken with our Lanth!  That is good.  Please, do tell us your tale in the Daffodil Hall.  I promise there it will be heard by all who matter, eventually.  I implore your patience with us, as we lead very busy lives.  Everyone in the family is eager to hear more of you.  You have even attracted the curiosity of many of the free-loaders who are always popping by and inviting themselves to breakfast.  Yes, our home is odd, but it's a happy one. 

I look forward to meeting you in person soon! 

With warmest regards,

Aredhel Elvellon

Nîhtmúnd Dunami Wednesday, April 06, 2005 at 08:19

Dear Ney,
    I don't remember who wrote the last letter, but I blame myself for getting out of touch.  As you can see, much has changed since my last letter to you.  Has it been a month since I last wrote? Wow, time passes so quickly now.  Well, I'm an ent now, as you can see.  But I visit many kingdoms so often. I'm thinking of coming to Rivendell soon, but I have no idea where I would go in Rivendell since I don't know many people there.  Do you have any suggestions?  I've been visiting many many kingdoms, the only ones I haven't visited are Rivendell and Mordor, and I plan not to visit Mordor. Last time I was there, some minion tried to burn me to death.  I like living, so I think I'll stay away from there.  Well, how are you?  How have times been?

Niht

Nîhtmúnd Dunami Wednesday, April 06, 2005 at 11:46

Dear Ney,
    My visit went well, at least I'm still alive.  I'm so glad to hear you have a family now.  The name of the person you adopted does sound familiar, I'm sure I must have ran into that person every now and then, but I can't remember a face.  As for other news, I'm keeping very busy.  I'm in the ent acting society and I'll be playing Aunt Elm in our upcoming play.  I'm also in Eleyna's Pizza Delivery Service as a deliverer, so I'll be delivering pizza every now and then.  I'm in the Shire's band which is playing at a wedding reception in Rohan right now, and I'm also in the debating team at Fangorn. I'm going to write an article about Rohan for Fangorn's 'Tree Voice' and I'm in the badger chase in Rohan as well as the squizzel hunt in Fangorn.  The Official Mud Throwers is also taking up some time, but it's fun. I'm also writing some poetry, mostly haiku's.  As you can see, I've been quite busy.  Have you any great news?

Enty Nihty

Taramiluiel Wednesday, April 06, 2005 at 12:08
  Lord Glorfindel     Points: 15413     Posts: 14608     Days: 879    Taramiluiel is a Support MemberSupport   View Taramiluiel's profileProfile Visit Taramiluiel's homepageHomepage Quote Taramiluiel's postQuote

An Elf comes into the Aviary and shoos all the birds out so he can sweep the floor clean.

Find and send your siniath here.

Alvic Sunday, April 10, 2005 at 16:54
  Istari Savant     Points: 500     Posts: 53     Days: 137    View Alvic's profileProfile Quote Alvic's postQuote

Dear Avi-Aiel

It was lovely to hear from you, my first penpal. I do travel alot, so much that I'm not that well aquainted with Isengard. I am a member of the Magical Musical Orchestra in Orthanc but that is mainly the extent of the time I spend in my land. Although I do not think I have visited Imladris, to tell you the truth. I should really frequent the last homely house but I always seem quite hard pressed. 
In fact, it may grieve you to know that I may not be able to contact you for a while after this letter because of my traveling. I will try my hardest to do, though.

Hope to speak to you soon
                                                              Alvic the Slightly Askew 

This thread has been closed by an R/A.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login

If you are not already registered you must first Register to use the forum