The Projectfiles.com Linux Firewall is a powerful firewall based on netfilter/iptables designed for Linux workstations, routers, and servers.
Latest stable release:
Latest stable release with installer:
Latest prerelease version:
- Install - Basic installation instructions and system requirements for rc.firewall.
- GUI Installer - Documentation for text menu based firewall installation program. <-- Easiest for new users.
- Config - Explanation of configuration directives.
- Advanced - Discussion of advanced features, firewall behavior, and command line arguments.
- Changelog - Complete changelog.
- Discussion Forum - Submit comments, suggestions, and bugreports here.
- Port Security for Newbies - Read this essay before submitting a bugreport that begins with:
"help!!! website 'X' told me my computer is insecure!!!"
- Using the Firewall in an ISP Application - An essay on the history, and current applications of the firewall in professional networks.
- ttl-patch.sh - Script to patch kernel source; required to enable TTL stealth router mode.
- Freshmeat - Subscribe to new releases, review dependencies, and vote for us if you like the project.
- 2.0rc10 prerelease 1 is now posted. See below for changes.
- Non-English language users who have experienced problems with the current release are encouraged to try this version. Note that the fix implemented relies on the existence of either /usr/share/locale/en_US/LC_MESSAGES/net-tools.mo or /usr/share/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/net-tools.mo.
- LANG variable is now used to display 'ifconfig' output in the English language.
- Firewall now shows the public address in the exit message when FIREWALL_IP is enabled.
- Improved error messages for STATIC_INSIDE_OUTSIDE.
- Updated instances of deprecated coreutils syntax, e.g. "head -#" was changed to "head -n #".
- Firewall now issues a warning when trying to overwrite a configuration file with 'save' instead of 'update'.
- ...VPN support...
- Consider updating progress dot placement in the script to more closely coincide with progress as a function of time. (cosmetic)
- Consider additional comment section to explain advanced features in rc.firewall. (input welcome)
Questions, Problems, Flames, Troubleshooting, & Bug Reports
- Project author/maintainer, Scott Bartlett: email@example.com or for VT, firstname.lastname@example.org.