On the Genesis of H.O.O.R.
The Holy Order Of RaHoorKhuit was conceived in mid August 1978ev. H.O.O.R. was officially founded as the new outer Order of Qelhma in 1992ev. The Order was founded to fulfill and to teach the concepts and principles of the method of Theurgy known as Thelema. H.O.O.R. is an Order which works in harmony with the A\A\. (Another organization formerly filled this niche but owing to the great schisms of the late 1980's e.v. that order no longer serves Us and has, it seems, fallen.) H.O.O.R. is currently organizing Temples and Lodges in various metropolitan centers around the globe. Initiation into the 1st Grade is open to any Human being of legal age who is willing to profess and interest in Thelema - by definition this includes having read Liber AL vel Legis and accepting it as the Supreme Grimoire of the Aeon. The 2nd Grade is reached by completing the syllabus of the 1st Grade, then trial by Ordeal in an open Lodge of the Order.
The teachings vary with the Grade but they include all of the "Initiated" interpretations of Spiritual Birth, of Spiritual Life and of Death in this new Aeon. These 'Lesser Mysteries' are taught in the Outer Triad. The Greater Mysteries are taught in the Inner Traid and can only be hinted at. (But an intuitive individual will be able to get an idea of their composition by reading the Structure document.) H.O.O.R. is concerned not only with celebrating these "Initiated" interpretations through ritual and symbol, but also with social progress, justice and freedom in the world.
The History Lection of H.O.O.R.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
It is well known and well documented that On the Equinox of the Gods, being the Vernal Equinox of 1904 e.v., the Hawk Headed Lord took His place on the Throne of Ra. It is further well known and well documented how Aiwass minister of Hoor-paar-kraat delivered unto DCLXVI Liber AL vel Legis. As it is said in the holiest of our books:
"Abrogate are all rituals, all ordeals, all words and signs. Ra-Hoor-Khuit hath taken his seat in the East at the Equinox of the Gods; and let Asar be with Isa, who also are one. But they are not of me. Let Asar be the adorant, Isa the sufferer; Hoor in his secret name and splendour is the Lord initiating."
Thus was the foundation laid and the orders issued for all that which follows:
To Mega Therion having written commentary on Liber AL in all of its aspects, even so admitted that a full and satisfactory commentary to this third chapter was not within his power to make. Thus did To Mega Therion decree that one who would follow should fulfil this Task of the commentary to the chapter of Ra-Hoor-Khuit. In the vulgar year 1975 e.v. did the Master of the Temple of the A\A\ EVER cause to be published His Commentaries of AL. Thus he did, for he, by his toil and purity of Aspiration, had been commanded to bring forth a further commentary to the third chapter of Liber AL. This act begat upon one who knew it not the dis-ease of Spirit to seek for Himself and so was brought to fruition that which we shall now explain:
On the night of the feast for the first night of the Prophet and his Bride in the Year of Our Lord Therion LXXV did an Aspirant known as He who is constant in love of No-Thing retire to the Desert of Sand and Rocks. There with the pyramid open and the flame of love rushing into space did this little Brother sing the Holy Mantra, taught him by his Superior, by which one Invokes the Hawk Headed Lord. All became intensely quiet and the light of the stars upon the desert grew brighter.
The pyramid became clear and the Hawk Headed Lord Strode in the seer. And these words were written upon his Heart "So that thy light is in me; & its red flame is as a sword in my hand to push thy order." Thus was the Holy Order Of RaHoorKhuit set in motion.
This Brother, being of insufficient Spiritual Understanding, passed on to many byways, paths twisted and sterile; but ever did he hold within himself that which had transpired. Nor was that night the last that he would spend upon the desert of sand. So for eleven years did this Brother wander in the wastes and feel the sting of the scorpion.
Suddenly in the Year of Our Lord Therion LXXXVI a beloved Brother reappeared, a Sphinx of the westward land. He gave to the Brother known as 939 the key to the writing on his Heart. This solid Sphinx of the Gods wrought forth the Dynasty of Ra-Hoor-Khuit and gave it unto the hands of the Servants of the Order. With that Sword did these Brothers sweep about in the world so that its light might illumine the darkness. Unknown to 939, by this act, did he beget upon one known as Aster Argos a vision of the Heart Shield of HOOR and other mysteries of which you now know. Thus on the twentieth day of September in the vulgar year 1992 these visions confirmed the symbols given to our Brother upon the desert many years before.
Thus was the Order founded and guided to its moment of Birth. Thus was a mighty Ritual performed carrying over fourscore and ten of our earthly years. Thus was the Order brought forth from the ashes of those who have gone before. Thus is our view more clear, for we stand upon the bones of our forebears. Thus does H.O.O.R. shine Its LVX into the world.
Love is the law, love under will.
Given this 8th day of April in the vulgar year 1993
being Anno XC of Our Lord Therion
At The Villa Corvus in
"H.O.O.R.'s rites and lore are cumulative and gradually lead to the unveiling of what has been termed the Great Secret, or Sexual Alchemy."
"Horus Lodge is an Open Lodge offering Initiatic rites of passage. The metaphorical journey through the Lesser and Greater mysteries is a Secret one ~ that is, the
Candidate must tread It by themselves, ultimately. The menu is not the meal and the map is not the territory. Descriptions from others may yield
images to serve as guides...but only GNOSIS, knowledge through direct experience, will allow for Change to occure in conformity with the will. Anything less than gnosis is arm-chair speculation."
The Candidate prepares themselves by undergoing the Grade work of the Order.
1. Initiation into the Army of RHK
2. Elemental Ordeals (Birth of a Soldier) 5. Probationer (Transition from Soldier to Knight Monk)
5. Probationer (Transition from Soldier to Knight Monk)
7. Z (Zelator)
10. M (Magister)
In the Name of the Initiator AUMGN! In as much as this document is to be distributed to those without the pale of The Order We must only generally describe the plan of Our Order.
1. Initiation into the Army of RHK comprises the first degree and is open to all who profess an interest in Thelema. After the Initiation they may enter H.O.O.R., they may take the Oath of a Probationer of the A\A\ (during Periods of Speech) or they may choose to do both (cf AL I, 50). They may also simply choose to return to their mundane lives. This first Initiation is a foretaste of that which is to come.
2. Birth of a Soldier is the first point of the Triad proper.
3. Life of a Soldier is the second point of the Triad.
4. The Continuance of a Soldier is the third point of the Outer Triad.
5. By the lessons learned in the Outer, the Candidate is prepared for the transition from Soldier to Knight Monk of Qelhma
6. Initiation into the Order of Qelhma
7. Zelator of Qelhma must not be confused with the Grade of the same name in the A\ A\ (And yet there is a mystery here that cannot be divulged in a paper designed for general purview.)
8. Abbot/Abbess are given access to the formula of the Rosy Cross. They also preside over the various Abbeys established by the Order for its Social missions.
9. Adeptus of Qelhma must not be confused with the Grade of the same name in the A \ A\ (The movements of the Adeptus cannot be openly discussed in any manner save within the Sanctuary of the Inner Triad.)
10. Magister of Qelhma must not be confused with the Grade of the same name in the A\ A\ (The Work of the Magister is, outwardly, concerned with governance of the Order. Inwardly...of that Work We Speak Not.)
11. Overseer is the Link and is always a High Grade A\A\ member. His or Her Master is the apex of the Secret Triad and of that One it is not Lawful to speak.
Let this suffice for those merely curious. For those who are of US we call you to arms!
Given this Day Upon the Equinox of Autumn in the Vulgar year 1992
from an Abbey of Thelema being the Villa Corvus in Terrae Flores
Title ~ Publication ~ Date ~ Now Available:
Liber AL vel Legis (The Book of the Law), 1904ev, available in paperback.
Magick In Theory & Practice, 1929ev, out of brint but usually used copies are avalable through eBay.com.
The Confessions of Aleister Crowley, never published in AC's lifetime, now available in paperback.
The Equinox Volume I, numbers 1-10, 1909ev - 1914ev, eVersion available online.
Eight Lectures on Yoga, 1941ev, currently available in paperback.
The Book of Lies, 1913ev, now available in paperback.
Book IV parts 1 & 2, 1911ev, available in paperback.
Liber LXV, 1907ev, available in paperback in The Holy Books of Thelema
With these titles in hand the student can seriously begin to progress along the way of Attainment shown forth by Aleister Crowley. A good occult bookstore is essential in this search. Here is a list of several. All of these do mail order business and should be able to find or have on hand these titles.
· Serpents Occult, www.serpentsoccult.com, PO Box 290644, Pt. Orange, FL 32129, (904)760-7675
· Fields Bookstore, 1419 Polk St., San Francisco, CA 94109, (415)673-2027
· J.D. Holmes Bookseller, P.O. Box 623, Edmonds, WA 98020, (206)771-2701
· The Occult Bookstore, 3230 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60657 (312)281-0599
· Or try eBay.com for quick & convenient online ordering!
Some of these titles are available in
H.O.O.R.'s online library.
Email the master of Lodge, Soror VShH