MY NEW BOAT Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Boats and Boat Accessories » MY NEW BOAT « Previous Next »
By Ryan (x_star05) on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 9:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
MY BOAT!!!

On ESPN2, Sunday, March 27th my boat is going to be on the track at the Motocross races. It will be on TV at 12pm to 1pm or 3pm to 4pm. LOOK FOR IT!!!

By Kenny (ghostrider_2) on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 11:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
SICK ASS BOAT!!!!!
What did that run you?.... Your profile says 19 so how in the world did you afford the ultimate "BLING BLING"

By aaron wilson (absolutofft) on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 11:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
He just had to spend a night at the neverland ranch :D

By GD (greatdane) on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 11:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
good paper route?

By mike (clubmyke) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 1:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
congrats !!! that is one great boat !!!

By mike (clubmyke) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 2:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
btw,

wasnt that the custom x-star that was at the boat shows or am i mistaken ?

By Whit (whit) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 5:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Err--you going to use that boat this summer? Isn't that the boat that Mastercraft gave to the AMA as part of their new sponsorship?

By Paul (psudy) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 6:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
That is not yours.

By Kevin Pothier (big_xstar) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 6:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ryan.. what the?!!??.. how the..??!?!? Just a week
ago you tryin to decide between the x-star and the x-80, and you said you had one on order..
No way they built a boat for you that fast and had it all blinged out like that that quick..
Whats the real deal??!!!??!?!

P.S. NO way you taking all that bling in the salt water!!!!!!!!!

By Ryan (x_star05) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 7:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I did have a deposit on a boat, and WAS going to order it until I ran into this boat. The vice president himself designed this boat himself. A dealer in Florida got a hold of this boat a few days ago, and I just happen to call to ask him some questions about an X-Star and he told me they had this boat. I then went with my rents to look at it, and of course I LOVED IT, so now I own it. Its 2005, never been used, but has been at a few boat shows. It is a ONE OF A KIND boat! Mastercraft wants me to let them use it at the motocross, which I am going to do. The boat will be nationally televised then..

By Jason Pribyl (skibum69) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 8:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Seems Odd, Typically Mastercraft uses boats like that for a year and them puts it up for sale in it's program boats with all the otherones dealers used as demos etc. Then offer them for great prices to ski teams, high volume dealers etc. Companies don't usually like the liabilty of using someone elses property for advertising purposes.

Do you mean you own it or your dad owns it now?

Forgot to mention I really like the blue anodized accecent through the boat

(Message edited by skibum69 on March 14, 2005)

By eric fox (fox) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 8:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Televised for about 15 seconds, but covered in dust from the race...make sure they clean it out really well. Nice boat...not a huge fan of the barb wire treatment, but I like the rest. BTW, what does your father do for a living? Just curious about who buys a 60-80k boat for their kids?

Congrats on the purchase though!

Eric

By Kevin Pothier (big_xstar) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 8:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Well congrats anyways... If you do take it in the salt...all I can say is CLEAN..CLEAN..CLEAN...

O yea did I mention ...Clean...

Its certainly one of a kind....

By WakinVol (jlm) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 8:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
looks like it's on a dealers lot...not to be skeptical. I just am

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 8:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
What's the deal with the bimini. It's a two piece hard bimini???

By Thomas H (scooterx) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 8:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ryan,

Nice boat. How much?

By Ryan (x_star05) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 8:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
My dealer had has the boat now... The bimini is a "MasterCraft by Design" bimini. It�s called �Sport Cargo Rack.�

By Cody (loudontn) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 8:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Well....yea, i'm uber jealous.

By Pat (bambamski) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 8:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ahhh one of a kind, I don't think so... The MC dealer in Alberta Canada had the same boat made for the show up here. I was told there were about 20 of them made.

By Ryan (x_star05) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 8:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
are u sure????

By Paul (psudy) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 9:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
What is the name of the dealer you bought it from?

By Pat (bambamski) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 9:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I'm sure, check out my post of the Calgary boat show. Here I'll post a pic

By Kevin Pothier (big_xstar) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 9:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ouch!!!!!!!!

By Whit (whit) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 9:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
What was the name of the Mastercraft dealership that sold you the boat?

By Surfside Dan (dan_lee) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 9:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
There was a barb-wire X-star at the Phoenix show less than a month ago. It was either that boat or one just like it, but it didn't have that bimini top.

By WakinVol (jlm) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 11:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
So apparently i'm not the only skeptical one...
DISCLAIMER: if it's for real than congrats. In my profession I usually believe no one at first...

By Mikeski (mikeski) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 11:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Hey Ryan,

Shoot us a copy of the registration... or a copy of the insurance...

I call BS, again

the jealous guy

(Message edited by mikeski on March 14, 2005)

By Hiltscherhitlerberger (stephan) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 12:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
So is that a decal or some sort of wrap? That would be tight if it were glassed in!! You better get really good grades or wash the $#!T out of your dads cars (i'm sure there are few of them). If you ever give your parents crap, may you be struck down for being an ungrateful little SOB. If you only sing their praises then you are allowed to live. I'm hoping you got the saltwater package, you definately don't want to be running salt through that beautiful engine. Be sure to clean the trailer after dunkin her in salt, that baby will rust faster than you can say "I'M RIIICHHH BIIOOOTTCCHHH!"

By Ant Bug (antbug) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 12:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Steve ~ some time I wonder about you, but you are one funny mofo!

By Diggs (tyler97217) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 1:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I second the funny mofo part

By Ryan (x_star05) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 3:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
That is my boat... This boat has traveled all over the country, and put into boat shows. This in the only MasterCraft done like this!!! This boat is ONE OF A KIND. For those of you who DO NOT believe me that this is my boat call my dealer. Below is the info for my dealer in Florida where I bought the boat. Ask for Billy Rerucha.

Liquid Sports Marine
8650 E. Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32817
407-281-7909
www.liquidsportsmarine.com

By Matt (pittsy) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 4:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ryan, that is where I got my x-star from, they are great. Anyway i was at the Orlando Boat Show and that boat was there and the ticket price was like $106,000, but for a boat show special it was $90,000. I loved that boat the second i saw it, it is awesome, congrats...

By AbunDiga909 (abundiga909) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 4:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
When you look carefully, you can see a difference. Ryan's has a white hull under the blue. The one from the Calgery show has a black hull under the blue. Very similar, but not identical.

By Wkerat (wkerat) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 4:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Good luck with it. make sure you check seats and carpet close because if that had really been in all the shows and is one of a kind they will wear out really really fast, or already show wear. Boat show boats get a lot of traffic and usually show wear in those areas.

By Wkerat (wkerat) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 4:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
good call on the colors, so they are two almost identical boats, maybe it was a special run mastercraft did for shows...def nice, enjoy it

By Real Truth (squirrelhunter) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 5:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
COOL BOAT

By Real Truth (squirrelhunter) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 5:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
You guys should go easy on the kid, most of you are jealous. I am sure everyone was exited with their first ski boat. Don't worry Ryan most of these guys probaly need a cosigner to get their film developed.

By Mike O'Callaghan (greenpinky) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 6:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Welcome to Wakeworld, Real Truth. 2 posts, and you're already starting crap. Cosigners to get their film developed? Maybe you should do a search for some of the 'show off your boat' threads.

Seems funny that you just registered today. Your email is roocha@hotmail.

Ryan's dealer is Billy Rerucha.

Something's not right here.

By AbunDiga909 (abundiga909) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 6:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
he's not new, just a new sn.

By Pat Everham (pate) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 7:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Who cares if its one of a kind? If you love the boat then you are set...

By AbunDiga909 (abundiga909) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 7:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
My reason for loving it, and I think most of yours' too, is because it is one of a kind, not just any old xstar

By Ryan (x_star05) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 8:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I LOVE MY NEW BOAT!!! THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!

By Ryan (x_star05) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 9:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
My friend AbunDiga909 wrote MC Webmaster/Webdesigner and asked him about my one of a kind boat. His replay was:

"That badboy is one-of-a-kind. They talked about doing 20 a year painted in schemes like that but I have not heard if they started that. But...it may have. As far as I know, there was only one. And yes...it did get trailered around.
Jason"

By Nick Heckerson (kstateskier) on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 9:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
That boat has been pulled to boat shows across the country and to Canada and it still has the little warning paper on the valve stem.....funny

By Jason Pribyl (skibum69) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 5:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Nick, pat's picutre of it doesn't have the sticker on the valve stem, hmmm.... I can say for certian it wasn't at the Minneapolis boat show. Ryan I don't think most people are doubting you can buy it, I think most people are doubting that it is one of a kind. Mastercraft in the past has made a handful of the same themed boats for advertising around the country. You still have a very unique boat compared to most.

By WakinVol (jlm) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 6:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
squirrelhunter...you are right that we may be jealous. (of a overdone gawdy perfectly beautiful in plain form masterpiece) With that said jealousy is a sin...but so is LYING. judge not

By Andrew (atlsackedup) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 7:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ryan...sick ass boat!!! The barb-wire looks good...especially on the carpet in the inside of the boat. The blue anodized accents look bling bling too. Get some NVS up there and you're all set!!! Please don't ever let me ride behind your X-Star...I might not be able to ever go back to my X-5!!!

By Brian Gandy (mobiusguy) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 8:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ok, I promised myself I would not take part in this so-called discussion due to the type of behavior taking place in this thread, but I have to say something. I am 26 years old fresh out of college with a degree and a career as a civil engineer. I bought a new Moomba Mobius LSV just after graduation because even though I make a decent living, I can't afford a $60K-$70K boat like this guy is talking about. And I just have to say, that at 19 years old, I barely had enough money to go have someone buy me beer on Friday nights. Sure, this Ryan guy could be some Doogie Houser MD, but I doubt it. However, I am sure his Father and/or Mother are well off to purchase such a nice looking watercraft. And, sure, he might be a trust fund baby and have thousands and not have to work a day in his life. But the fact is, he says its his, so great, good for him - enjoy the $600 plus payments for the next 15 years. Personally, I think this guy started this thread for the shock-value of it. And, it looks like it worked. Enjoy the boat, take care of it and it will give you years of great fun (if it is really yours).

By Diggs (tyler97217) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 9:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I have no problem admitting I am jealous..... Wish my folks would buy me a boat. Would save me a ton...... I could probably hit up my girlfriends parents for some gas money and insurance and then I would be all good. Man I wish... Sweet boat and enjoy and don't let it go to your head....

By E.J. (deuce) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 9:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Like Brian, I was going to stay out of this....but here goes.

Ryan...congrats on the new boat. You are going to have a blast, in and behind it. ENJOY!!!

To all the people hating....what is your deal? Who cares who paid for the boat? Who cares if it is one of a kind or there are many and the dealer "pulled a fast one"(NOT SAYING THEY DID). Let the guy enjoy his new toy. He is excited and wanted to share his enjoyment and a bunch of jerkys on this board want to bring him down. Seems like there is more hating going on in these forums than needs be.....better look inside and figure out why you need to make your negative opinion known.

Again Ryan....congrats on the new purchase!

E.J.

By Chris Dorward (2step) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 9:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Congrats on the boat Ryan, yours puts mine to shame. If you want them to stop giving you will be glad to trade you, then they can give me I will be glad to take it.
Just trying to help a brotha out,
Chris

By matt (supraman) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 9:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
What's with the huge sensitivity on this board with whether a given item belongs to "me" or "my parents". When you were in high school, when talking to your friends, did you say...

a) Hey, come over to my house for dinner

OR

b) Hey, come over to my parents' house for dinner

For me, it was definitely "a".

When you're young and live at home, ownership of a lot of possessions is collective to the family, or at least you view it that way at that age.

If your dad got a new TV in the family room. Do you invite your friends to watch a movie on "your dad's new TV?". No, it's for the family.

The perspective on "mine" vs. "theirs" often changes during college, or even after as people establish their independence and understand the value of working for things. Yet people on this forum will jump on a 16, 17, 18, or 19-year-old for being stoked about the family boat. If you crave recognition for YOUR purchase of YOUR boat so much that your view of the world is divided into people that signed the note vs. those that didn't actually sign the note, that's sad.

Lighten up on younger people, bitter posters of the world.

By Diggs (tyler97217) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 9:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I am re-reading my post and hope it is not misconstrued as hating. Seriously it is just jealousy/envy no hate at all.

By Jason Pribyl (skibum69) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ryan,
when do you take delivery? I will be in the keys April 15-20 on a 40ft cruiser. If you have it by then and want to hook up let me know.

By Ryan (x_star05) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 11:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
well.. they are bringing the boat up to maryland for the summer...

By Jason Pribyl (skibum69) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 11:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Summer? Isn't it March? Oh well, thought maybe you would want to take the new boat out right away

By Ryan (x_star05) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 11:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I leaving to go back to school sunday... plus my dealer has the boat now..

By Cory Hottman (wakefunx2) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 12:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Got to love the X-star, yeah its a little much for me, i like things to look simple, and on a boat like the X-star i would let the lines of the boat do all the talking but sick boat anyway! Did they do any of the LED's and things inside the boat to make it one of a kind?

By Cory Hottman (wakefunx2) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 12:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
P.S. That board rack is sick too!!! i saw one on a X-star at a boat show here in cali, i love how the has the same shape as the boat, very cool, i wish the made them for the X-2 as well, but sounds like i will just have to wait for the baby X-star to come out to get mine.

By Matt (pittsy) on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 7:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
ryan, how much did you pay?
$106,000 like the sticker said at the boat show, if i can figure our how to make my pictures smaller i will post a pic of the sticker.

By Edwin Janaslani (martasban) on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 10:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
looks pretty gay if you ask me.

By Kevin McGuirk (ktmwakeboarder) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 12:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Hot boat fo sho

But damn, all the discrpancies that people are pointing out, I simply don't know what is going on and draws skeptical thoughts from me.

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 7:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
That boat reminds me of the beer commercial where the referee gives a penalty to the young kid for the 'unoriginal tribal armaband tattoo'. In 3 years, no one will be doing the barbed wire thing and the boat will look dated.

So Ryan, if you want to save yourself some fashion embarrassment later, you can just send the boat out my way

By Jared Aubrey (jaubrey) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 10:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ryan, don't pay attention to anyone. Congrats on the boat and enjoy it. I m sure not everyone will dig it but aslong as u do then who gives a sh*^.

By Blake Hughes (blake_hughes) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 7:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
This is funny!

That's a nice boat, regardless of who owns it, or doesn't... I'd definitely sport it!

-Blake

By Thane Dogg (thane_dogg) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 7:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this thread is pointless.

By Scott (KYBOOL) (sperbet) on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 7:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
just thought some of you might like to read this, it's hilarious: http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=36559 . This same boat was discussed in detail and some of the posts are great. I guess that is if you are one of the people that think this boat is hideous and just about the most ridiculous thing ever.

By eric fox (fox) on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 8:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I saw the boat this weekend At the SX and it is pretty bada$$ in person. Two 50cc Yamaha's bungeed to the tower "roof" was an awesome compliment. I do think the "style" will be a bit dated soon, but it was one sick boat.

Eric

By brad hart (braddo) on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 12:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Dont listen to em it looks tough as ,i wish there were boats like that in australia ill gladly take it off your hands if u dont like it

By Kyle Cannon (bronco991) on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 12:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Thats my roomate..I can't wait to get on that beauty, he decided to order a different one with more options, but still same design i think

By Paul (psudy) on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 12:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Quit changing user names to back up your story Ryan. After all, its your story, we'll let you tell it.

By Stanfield (stanfield) on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 1:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
"Thats my roomate..I can't wait to get on that beauty, he decided to order a different one with more options, but still same design i think"

I'll bite. How can you order a boat with the same design, but with more options if it was a one off boat?

By Ryan (x_star05) on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 9:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I have not changed my name..

By Jason (ferrarispider95) on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 10:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
No offense, but I think you are full of sh*t.

Until you cough up some pictures that are not on a dealer lot or scan a sales invoice, I dont believe you.

By Richard Marion (rmarion) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 5:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
That is one SICK Sweet Azz ride, no matter what!!!

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 5:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Is this guy stll pulling all of your chain's

By jeff begley (jeffry) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 6:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I doubt a 19 year old can buy a boat like that.
It is probably mommy and daddy's

By Ryan (x_star05) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 7:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
yes, my rents bought me this boat...

By AbunDiga909 (abundiga909) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 7:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Jeff, I bet it is also, but who cares...

And I also bet for the first 19 years of your life, your parents bought your house, tv, food, bed, clothes, education, everything...

So technically, when you were 6 and had playdates with your friends, you'd go to your parents' house to watch cartoons on your parents' tv while eating a bunch of your parents' food while sitting in your parents' clothes before you slept in your parents' bed the night before you would learn from the school that you wouldn't know about if it weren't for your parents...

This is not only directed at Jeff, but to all who give us our parents buying boats. I mean if you have nothing better to say than "I bet you can't afford that and your rich daddy must have paid for it" then get a life... or a job...

By Alex Murry (tripleup) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 7:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
this is not a smart azz comment but what does your dad do for a living. I just want to know what kinda occupations pay for boats like that and i'm really nosey.

By AbunDiga909 (abundiga909) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 8:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I don't know if that was directed towards me, and I actually asked Ryan the same question. So as long as your honest, it's all good.

As for my family, lets just say I wouldn't be in a Nautique right now if it weren't for both mom and dad. Mom may not know how to start the boat if her life depended on it, but both my parents needed to work together for this boat to be made...

By Ryan (x_star05) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 9:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
my father is a doctor...

By Jason (ferrarispider95) on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 11:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I received this message below after I made the post above that I thought he was full of it. It did not give a name with the email address. Ryan it is better to be honest. When I was younger and my dad was looking at sports cars, every dealership my dad visited I probably said my dad is getting that particular car. While he was just shopping around.

The email message starts here....

Just an FYI

The boat that 'Ryan' (his real name), is talking about, is located at Liquid Sports of Orlando.

Apparently - he went there with his dad (who is a local Doctor), and spoke to sales about purchasing. His father... TALKED with them, and stated that he was interested.

At that point, young Ryan.. eagerly ran to the discussion board and posted his bragging rights.

However - prior to following through with the sale, his FATHER changed his mind and WITHDREW the purchase offer. Which brings us to today - the boat is still sitting in exactly the same spot! The Dealer even joked about the Wakeboard thread, and 'Ryan's apparent exaggeration.

Unfortunately by make a statement... MY NEW BOAT.... Ryan was rather premature! and is now trying to defend his apparent mistake! Alas ... to be 18 Yrs old again!

By Paul (psudy) on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 11:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Hey Jason,
Why is your user name ferrarispider95 and you have a pic of a corvette in your profile? If you have one, post a pic. I love Ferraris.

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 11:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
This thread reminds me of win a date with Gina, AKA (wakegirl). LOL

By jeff begley (jeffry) on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 4:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I knew this guy was a chump all along.
No way a 19 year old can be sporting a 80k boat.

Ryan- Why you gotta lie man!
Now your labeled.

By Ryan (x_star05) on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 7:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
OK... let�s get this settled right now� My parents are buying this boat for me. I have order a BRAND NEW ONE. As someone stated before, which was correct I had a deposit on the boat at the top of this page. The dealer, who I was buying this boat from in Orlando, told me/misleads me that this boat was one of a kind. I quickly learned this boat was not the only X-Star with a custom paint job and custom options, and I also learned that this boat can be order. As soon as I found that out, I quickly decided I did not want a boat that has be towed around the country put into boat shows that half the world has been on. The boat in Orlando has some chips and dings, and after spending 95 grand on a 22�3 boat, I think it should be PERECT. Plus, the boat in Orlando had the MCX engine, and I wanted a bigger one. I order this EXACT same boat (custom paint job, custom carpet, and ALL the custom options) with a bigger engine (LQ9) and a few extra�s including LED lighting thought out the boat.

That is the TRUTH!! For those of you that did your homework on the boat Orlando which I had a deposit on, you can also do your homework on this boat too. The dealer I purchased this boat from is:

Bay WaterSports
108 Hess Frontage Road
Grasonville, MD 21638
Phone: (410) 827-5147
Fax: (410) 827-5149

Ask for Lou or Ramon

PLEASE call them and ask if a KID named RYAN order an X-Star with the custom paint job and all the custom options as the boat in Orlando. Then please re-reply on this thread and tell everyone if I really did order this boat. The �spray day� for my boat is April 8th, and I will have this boat by June 1st. I will have LOTS of pictures to put on this thread when I get it!!!

By Chris Brown (cbrown) on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 8:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Have you thought about stepping up to the 8.1 instead of the LQ9. I am not 100% positive but is it not only a couple K more for a whole lot more motor.
Also how are you able to work with dealers from all over the place. From my understanding the local MC dealer here cannot sell outside of their territory as is for the Malibu.
Enjoy your new boat and do not worry about what people say on here. Also put some pics up when you get it, show it off.

By Jason Pribyl (skibum69) on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 10:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
The 8.1L would actually save you gas. If you talk to someone at Mastercraft of Charolotte about Meagan Majors boat this year compared to last year they will tell you the same.

By mark (mhsb1029) on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 10:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ryan, the LQ9 is going to be a smoother running engine and it will also be a quieter; however, I would not trade the power that the L18 has for the smoothness of the LQ9. Also, Jason is right on with the fuel consumption issue.

LQ9 vs L18 your looking at 385hp vs 450hp. I am not sure about what the other guys think but maybe the closed cooling system on the LQ9 would be a better deal for the salt water.

Congrats on the new boat.

By Ryan (x_star05) on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 6:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Thanks... The reason why I am going with the LQ9 is because of the salt water. The LQ9 is closed cooled, and the L18 isn�t. It can be added, but that keeps adding onto the price! Plus, I have had a lot of people tell me that there are issues with the L18 or else I would have done it. The LQ9 should have plenty of power, right?

By Brian Gandy (mobiusguy) on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 7:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ryan,
My advise to you is to go to college, get a degree and buy a boat on your own like a good deal of us out there. It just really shows your youth as a young pup in this big world that you have to brag about Dr. Daddy buying his precious son a boat that he has no idea how to take care of, perform maintenance on, and will ultimately trash a well built watercraft. Am I Jealous...not at all. I, like many others on this board do not think this is a place for lies and half-truths. Just be honest and you will gain respect on this board. By the way, not everyone on this board has new $50k plus boats, but none the less they have a boat and they are happy with their "ride" and everyone on this board supports everyones "ride". So, don't hype it up that its your boat to try to fit into this board. You know, if you would have started this thread a few weeks ago with "Look at the new boat my dad just picked up" "My friends and I plan to use it for hours of fun this summer" Then, the last 50 messages would have never been made because you told the truth right off the bat!!

By jeff begley (jeffry) on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 8:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Congrats on the boat Ryan, I guess
How are you going to tow it?
How are you going to pay for gas?

By Scott (KYBOOL) (sperbet) on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 9:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
please stop using "I", and start using "my parents"

By Matt Anderson (xaggie) on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 1:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
We went from the LQ9 in our '03 X-30 to the L18 in our '04 X-Star and each has it's advantages. As far as being smooth I prefer the way the 8.1 sounds (kinda rough and loud) over the way the 6.0 L did. The LQ9 was more responsive at higher RPM's but hands down the L18 is much more of a beast down low. As far as fuel consumption, you save right off the bat, as the LQ9 requires 93 Octane and the L18 you can throw 87 at in the middle of the Texas heat all day long. Anyhow what were the issues you heard about Ryan?

By Ryan (x_star05) on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 2:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I was talking to a dealer about the L18, and they just told me the L18 has had problems in the past. They did not specify the problems they had. Also, I need a closed cooled engine, and the LQ9 comes standard with closed cooling. The gas issue is not a big deal, because I am always going to be filling the boat up at marina�s, where they only have high Octane gas. Even if I went with the L18 I would still be putting 93 Octane gas in the engine. The boat I was originally going to get (the boat at the top of the page) has the MCX engine in it. So, moving up to the LQ9 should be plenty of power�

By E.J. (deuce) on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 2:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ryan.....don't listen to the haters. Congrats on the new boat and enjoy every minute behind it.

E.J.

P.S. Do go to college if you choose, but most importantly, become as successful as your father apparently is....and do the same cool stuff for your children.

By Ryan (x_star05) on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 2:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Thanks E.J.

I am going college next year and HOPE to be as successful if not more successful then my father is today. I also plan on spoiling my kids the SAME way my father spoils me!

(Message edited by x_star05 on March 26, 2005)

By bill montanye (bill) on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 3:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
interesting post id say ,if you get one have fun with it ,if not a lesson learned in humility..i am a bit jealous but if i have the same choice i would have asked for two x2s or two SAN or two Vlx,or two Supra Vdrives because you can have two boats with better wakes for the price of one,think about it :-)

let the flaming begin but IMO this boat isnt worth that kind of money even if it is your parents boat.It mostly all bling ,while a nice boat and looks good the wake,IMO ,isnt world class and while for some it might be the bomb it isnt better then the other six sweet boats you can get.one 50k boat is bad enough but at the same time good enough and like i said even a better choice in this situation.

i am gonna hear it for this but i had to say it :-)

By Joe (joe_788) on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 3:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
It's shocking to me how many people are so bent out of shape about this kid's dad buying him a boat. Anybody who says they wouldn't except a 100K present from their wealthy parents at 19 is either a liar, or delusional.

When he said "This is my boat, I just bought it." He really did buy it, the dealer had his deposit, and he had his name on it. The only reason it wasn't in his possesion was because it needed to be used for Supercross, boat shows etc. His deposit and purchase order were then withdrawn after finding out he'd been mislead by the dealer regarding the originality of the boat.

As far as MC dealers selling boats out of territory, I was able to buy my X2 from a dealer out of my territory. I just had to agree to write a letter detailing my unbelievably bad experience with my local dealer, and my refusal to do business with them.

By Jeff Moore (smokedog2) on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 7:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I love seeing a guy with a MC getting more grief than a guy with a Moomba.

Some people are just angry.

SD2

Proud owner of a new Moomba, but wait, well actually the Bank owns it I just picked the color - well my wife also helped, not with the color, the money and believe me she could have killed the deal and, well, I did use a credit card for the down payment so, I guess I do not own a boat, I own a boat payment!

�Is that your boat?�

�Na man, I just pay the bank for the privilege of cleaning it.�

It's a start.

By Brandon (bc3) on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 10:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
!!SMACK!!PUNCH, SMACK!!!thud....
"Hey is it dead yet?"
"Nah, keep hitting it!"
"U sure it's not dead???"
"Yep...get in there and hit'er a couple more"

By Russell (the_love_muscle) on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 5:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I have the LQ9, and it is great. However, I had to change to a 17 pitch prop beause I add a lot of extra weight and planing off became a problem. With the new prop it's great!

By Ken (kenv) on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 9:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Hey Scott,

Why should he start using "My Parents" if they truly bought the boat for him. If he won the lotto, it would be HIS boat. Even if parents give him the boat or designate it his, he still has the right to say "I". Now if the whole family uses it, he should maybe throw in a "we" or "our". Some parents don't ski, wakeboard, drive or even ride in the new boats but want their kids to have the best of the best. I'm amazed how much this bothers or surprizes everyone. Walk down the docks of some of the marina's in Florida or Texas and count all of the Hatteras' and Bertrams and MILLION dollar boats lining these docks. These some day will be passed on to the kids and relatives of the owners. Kinda makes the $100,000 Mastercraft not seem like such a big deal. I would say Ryan is lucky to have the support and try not to judge him too much from this discussoin until I met him and spent some time with him. If he turned out to be an unforgiving jerk, then he would be just another jerk with a boat - and we have all seen plenty of those.
Later,
KV

By scott a (scott_a) on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 9:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
wow. lots of people getting all wrapped up in the "my" versus "my parents" crap. guess what? its HIS as opposed to YOURS. get over it. EVEN IF his parents bought it, maintain it, gas it up, have their name on the pink slip and pay insurance, it wont change the fact that HE will be using it and YOU wont. get over it and quit being so damn bitter. if you guys had better jobs you too could own a "look at me" boat like he does...sorta...if you consider putting down a deposit "owning" one.

that being said if someone bought me that boat i would sell it to someone looking for that "extreme" look, then i would buy an all white 2005 vlx. yes, the xstars are sick, but they arent worth any more than $60K, let alone $100K.

this thread is funny. i would like to thank everyone for posting, and especially our favorite 19 year old for a great bit of entertainment.

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
HAH what a hoot. Ryan, if you care, post a pic in a year or two of the boat. If it's trashed, well... If not, nobody will care even if you had to cuss out the help to keep it clean.

By WakeShoe (wakeshoe) on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 6:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
OK, I've read all the posts in this highly entertaining thread. Ryan is one lucky kid, but I sure don't fault him for it. I bought a boat last year that my 16-year old son primarily uses with his friends. Does that make my son a bad kid? I don't think so. He's lucky (although not $100K lucky). He gets to use the boat, but he also has the responsibility of cleaning and caring for it when he and his friends use it (and his friends chip in on gas money as most wakeboarders I know do that get pulls on people's boats). Is it that incomprehensible that Ryan's parents would likewise expect he be responsible for it? Given his father's a successful doctor, I'm betting he knows what responsibility means.

As far as Ryan and his parents being able to work with MC dealers in Florida and Maryland, if you read this thread, you would see that Ryan lives in Maryland during the school year and lives in Florida during the summer. Given the boat is going to be in Florida, he can work with either area dealers as he chooses.

Now for the most controversial - I like the custom blue boat pictured at the top of this thread. Nothing wrong with bling.

By Ryan (x_star05) on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 11:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I saw this �waketoon� and thought it would be appropriate for this thread....

By Stanfield (stanfield) on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 11:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I'd visit my rents far more than I do had they bought me a new wake boat @ 19.

By Paul (psudy) on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 12:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
You can't fault Ryan if his dad is buying him a boat. Wouldn't you take it? In the end, (if he is telling the truth) he will be out at a lake and none of this, or us will matter. I grew up with a boat. Am I suppose to feel bad that the first two boats where products of my fathers large bank account? I'll bet that 90% of the people on this thread started with their dads boats, who eventually let them take it out by themselves. My dad did as long as it was cleaner when I got home than when I took it out.

By David D (wakeguru) on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 12:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
That boat has more bling than the red carpet on oscar night. Your stoked, enjoy it. I hope you can ride. Ha ha, just kidding.

Have fun, study hard and like 311 said in their song "All Mixed Up" - "F the nay sayers cause they don't mean a thing..."!

By tyler (wakinbakin) on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 1:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ryan, go and enjoy your boat!

By Renee W (litlone873) on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 12:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ryan, I think that cartoon was created just for YOU!

By Rich's Rule (gunz) on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 3:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By Scott M. King (sking55405) on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 5:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Dont listen to all thes haters Ryan, have fun
with your (or your parents) boat and do whatever
you want to with that boat

PS I wish i had that boat soooo bad

By B K (wakeforce139) on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 6:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
brandon that was funny sh*t, the rest was a bunch of gayness

By andrew jellum (andrew_jellum) on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 7:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
congrats on the boat but damn u are one freakin spoiled kid

By AbunDiga909 (abundiga909) on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 7:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Yeah Andrew but it's a whole lot easier to be a nice rich spoiled kid than a poor asswhole...

(Message edited by abundiga909 on April 05, 2005)

By andrew jellum (andrew_jellum) on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 10:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
i am by no means an asswhole its awesome that his parents have that kind of money to buy him that kind of boat sorry if my post sounded rude just wish i could be spoiled like that as napolean dynomite would say uhh Lucky

By piranha (piranha) on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 3:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Ryan,

You're a lucky boy. Thank your dad again, and take care of your new toy.

If I ever get to Baltimore can I have a pull.

By Ryan (x_star05) on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 6:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
piranha,

Thanks, if you are ever in baltimore during the summer let me know, I'll me happy to take you out for a pull or two.

By Ringo (hymaeringo) on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 9:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
hey ryan remind kevin of how he said he doesn't care about riding behind your boat this summer after his direct drive gets boring. Oh and since you're giving out free pulls I just may hit you up as well.

By Paul (psudy) on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 1:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Die thread, Die.

By dakota dubrow (dick) on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 9:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
malibu is cooler

By aaron guy (wakeboarder123) on Saturday, April 09, 2005 - 5:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
pssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
dude that boat sucks
its all bling n all but it sucks
mastercraft sucks
i hate that boat
gross colours also
and you can onesly post that in confidence

my tri haul could beat that peice of crap
o and by the way
bright orange is waaaaaay better that blue

jk nice boat man

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeWorld is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2004, All Rights Reserved.
Contact@WakeWorld.com