The Test Center is a very special server, unlike any of the other servers in Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided. As we work on updating the game, we periodically push new versions up to Test Center. After the Test Center community has has the chance to try out the new changes, we incorporate their feedback before putting the new features and fixes on all the other servers.
On the In Testing Forum., you have a few names that you should expect to see on a regular basis:
James "Vass" Whisenant - SWG Assistant QA Buildmaster
Daniel "NooDood" Wilhite - SWG Quality Assurance Manager
Grant "Rogue_5" McDaniel - SWG QA Buildmaster
Kurt "Thunderheart" Stangl - SWG Community Relations Manager
Diane "Tiggs" Migliaccio - SWG Assistant Community Manager
Gary "JustG" Gattis - SWG Senior Producer
These folks will be interacting with the Test Center community in order to gather feedback on the new versions so that problems can be addressed before the new code is put on all the other servers. You are also encouraged to join the community on the Test Center Forum
Because Test Center runs a newer version of the code than all the other servers do, you cannot use your normal SWG client to log in. If you are interested in participating on the Test Center server, here's what you need to do:
- Start the Launchpad as normal.
- After logging in, click on the Test Center button on the bottom of the Launchpad. This will install a second version of Star Wars Galaxies on your computer with special code.
- Use the Star Wars Galaxies Test icon to play on Test Center.
Please note that you cannot use the regular version to play on Test Center, and you cannot use the Test Center version to play on the regular game.
Test Center does operate under some special rules:
- You should expect the experience to be somewhat buggy. That's the reason the server exists--to catch problems before they reach the main game.
- We may wipe characters or objects at any time, if we need to for testing. Character wipes are extremely rare (in fact, they have not happened to date, nor do we foresee the need to do one in the future).
- We may also provide special advancement boosts to characters, if we need to test something in particular.
- We may also occasionally ask you to try something specific; if we have a request like this, please cooperate with any developers or admins as much as you can--your help makes the game better for everyone else.
The good side, of course, is that you get to see everything new in advance of everyone else, and you get to know that you are having a very direct role on improving the game for everyone!