About Campus - Return to Photo Tour University of Oregon - Return to Home Page
Header bar
Photo Gallery - 2004
Photo Gallery - 2003
Photo Gallery - 2002
Photos Around Campus
Publications Archive
Historical Photo Archive
Scenic Oregon

Photos of the UO

The photos below give you a look at the people and places that make up the University of Oregon community. We welcome submissions of photographs for inclusion on the UO Home Page.


Museum of Art Museum of Art
The University of Oregon Museum of Art opened its doors to the public in 1932. Originally built to house the Murray Warner Collection of Oriental Art, the museum now includes a collection of works by Pacific Northwest artists and hosts a variety of changing exhibits throughout the year.
Kincaid Street
The University of Oregon Bookstore moved into its current location at 13th and Kincaid streets in 1962. Today the bustling 36,000-square-foot, full-service store offers books, computers, art supplies, and gifts.
Kincaid Street
Chiles Center Chiles Center
Completed in 1988, the Chiles Business Center was named for Earle Chiles, president of the Chiles Foundation, which supports education and research projects throughout Oregon. The Warsaw College of Sports Marketing and the College of Business microcomputer labs are located here.
Gilbert Hall
Gilbert Hall, home of the Lundquist College of Business, provides 2,809 classroom seats, more than any other building on campus.
Gilbert Hall
Amphitheater at Erb Memorial Union Amphitheater at Erb Memorial Union
The amphitheater outside the newly remodeled Erb Memorial Union provides a good place to study and socialize.
Gerlinger Hall
Gerlinger Hall, home of the Department of Dance and the Asian Studies Program, was built in 1921. Gerlinger Annex was added in 1970.
Gerlinger Hall
Stained-Glass Seal of the University Stained-Glass Seal of the University
The stained-glass seal of the university is the focal point of the conference room in Johnson Hall. Johnson Hall houses the Office of the President, the Office of Academic Affairs, and other administration offices.
McKenzie Hall
From 1970 to the summer of 1999 McKenzie Hall was home to the only public law school in Oregon. Presently, McKenzie Hall houses the departments of Ethnic Studies, History, Computer Support Services, Oregon Survey Research Laboratory and Social Science Instructional Laboratory.
McKenzie Hall
Chapman Hall Chapman Hall
Built in 1924 and named for the second UO president, Charles H. Chapman, Chapman Hall houses the Graduate School, the Clark Honors College, University Publications, and the Religious Studies Program.
Huestis Hall
Part of the University of Oregon science complex, Huestis Hall houses the Institute of Neuroscience.
Huestis Hall
Knight Law Center Knight Law Center
After several years of planning, fundraising, and construction, the William W. Knight Law Center became a reality in May 1999 with the start of summer session.
Onyx Bridge
Part of the University of Oregon science complex, Onyx Bridge houses classrooms, offices, and laboratories. The Science Library is located in the basement. This view shows the link between Onyx Bridge and Klamath Hall.
Onyx Bridge
Oregon Hall Oregon Hall
Built in 1973, Oregon Hall houses the Office of the Registrar, the Business Office, Admissions, Human Resources, and other administrative offices.
Bicycle Commuters
With an extensive network of bicycle paths in and around Eugene, bicycling is a popular way for students and staff to commute to campus.
Bicycle Commuters
Pioneer Cemetery Pioneer Cemetery
With shady lanes and towering trees, the Pioneer Cemetery is a good place for a pensive stroll. The cemetery was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.
South Campus Entrance
The university seal was created by Judge Matthew P. Deady, first president of the Board of Regents. The seal features a representation of Mt. Hood and the university's motto, Mens Agitat Molem: "Mind Moves Matter."
South Campus Entrance
Spencer Butte Trail Spencer Butte Trail
At an elevation of 2,065 feet, the summit of Spencer Butte is the highest point near Eugene and offers a fabulous view of the surrounding area.
Streisinger Hall
Part of the University of Oregon science complex, Streisinger Hall houses the Biotechnology and Microbiology programs.
Streisinger Hall
Sunflowers on the Plaza Sunflowers on the Plaza
Late summer sunflowers bloom on the plaza in front of Oregon Hall.
Willamette Hall Atrium
The entrance of Willamette Hall, the science complex centerpiece, opens onto a soaring five-story atrium.
Willamette Hall Atrium
Willamette Hall Willamette Hall
Willamette Hall, the largest building in the science complex, houses the Department of Physics and the General Science Program.
Willamette River
The Willamette River runs northward from the Cascade Mountains to the Columbia River. In 1997 President Clinton designated the 200-mile stretch between Springfield and Portland an American Heritage River.
Willamette River

© 2002; University of Oregon, Eugene OR 97403; (541) 346-1000 UO Home Page