#code4lib is an IRC channel for folks who are interested in the convergence of computers and library/information science. The channel kind of grew up out of the email list as a more informal and interactive way to discuss code, projects, ideas, music, tholbroo's hair length, first computers, etc... planet code4lib aggregates the journaling of some of the people in the room.
Please feel free to add any content you want here. The uname/pword is (predictably) code4lib/code4lib. The only reason we have this at all is because of friendly poker companies leaving their business cards in the jar.
- unleash it
- Added opensearch support to panizzi.
- Site moved over from inkdroid.org to fancy new machine (thanks clay and kevin) at code4lib.org.
- A lot of folks in channel are going to Access2005...hope to see you there!
- We have formed a new standards making body, "rogue".
- Just so you know few bots are known to hang out in the room: panizzi and eatpaste.
- We had a sprint at ALA 2005 in Chicago. Thanks Chicago Public Library!
- miker_ of open-ils has been inspiring people to slap OpenSearch interfaces on their catalogs and databases.
New to IRC?
If you are new to irc and want to join us, you'll first need to get an IRC client. A good one to start out would be chatzilla. You'll want to connect to the irc.freenode.net irc server, and then join the #code4lib channel. Once you have chatzilla installed you should be able to simply click on this link or the code4lib link at the top of the page.