It's time to lower the BAR...
and then ride PONIES all over the world...
TagCamp complements BarCamp (that complemented FooCamp). Andy Smith's description of BarCamp
Tag Camp is an open, welcoming event for geeks to camp out overnight, get wired on Halloween candy and think really fast about tagging, its applications, and implications. It’s like Tag Tuesday but instead it's at Commercenet's beautiful Palo Alto office (490 S. Calif. Ave), featuring luxurious showers. Yes, that's right, with little fishies on the shower curtains too!
For updates and discussions join the TagCamp group.
> Warning: The Stanford UCLA game will consume this space
Map to Old Pro
490 South California Avenue, 3rd Floor
Palo Alto, CA 94306
It's an entire building floor, with rooms and here and there. Plenty of space for crashing out with your sleeping bags and some tents if that is wanted. BYO pillows.
Well, the details are up to you...
Did we mention luxurious showers?
Spread the Word About Tag Camp
Carrier pigeon, graffiti, podcast? Or LinkYourBlog if that's your m.o.
See who's talking about it.
Posted on Upcoming.org too so you can make a badge or otherwise get the word out. Also posted on Eventful.com with iCal/RSS feeds and other tools to get the word out.
- Sleeping Bag
- A towel if you want to shower (yes right there at the camp) just for the helluvit
- Computerness / pen / paper if you're inclined
- $20ish if you don't plan on camping
- Ideas and demos.
- If you have schwag you want to share, this is probably a good place
- FoodStuffs, DrinkStuffs
- Wiki, Wifi and Power, PowerStrips
- Food and Drinks for overnighters. (There are many markets and restaurants nearby where food and drinks can be had, as well)
- Tables, Chairs, Sofas (could use more furniture!)
- Projector, White Boards
- Toilet paper, paper towels and trash bags
- Possibly even smores. Witness perhaps the first campfire seen on this city block.
Travel & Accommodations
(Borrowing generously from the FooCamp wiki)
- Attendees must give a demo, a session, or help with one. This is called sharing, and we like it.
- Presenters are responsible for making sure that notes/slides/audio/video of some kind is published on the web for the benefit of all and those who won't be present. Doesn't matter who does the work, just that the work get disseminated! What happens at Tag Camp must be spread beyond Tag Camp!
Contact The Planners
Other TAG Camps