Ken Shamrock, Shane McMahon Injury Update
• Ken Shamrock was shown in the locker room area. He was still bieng tended to by medical officials as of the result of the Steve Blackman attack on Sunday Night Heat PPV and his participation in the King of the Ring PPV was questionable. It was then announced by Michael Cole that as a result of the injuries suffered in Shane McMahon's match with Shamrock on HEAT, Shane may not be able to team up with his father in the Winner-Takes-All Handicap-Ladder match with Stone Cold Steve Austin later in the show.
KOTR Quarter-Finals: X-Pac vs. Hardcore Holly
• King of the Ring Quarter-Finals Match: X-Pac defeated Hardcore Holly by Disqualification.
- X-Pac and Hardcore Holly wrestled a back and forth match, until X-Pac began to dominate with his kicks and the Bronco Buster. At that point, Holly decided to use a chair on X-Pac, resulting in a Disqualification. Holly continued the punishment on X-Pac, until Road Dogg made the save. X-Pac would go on to the Semi-Finals of the King of the Ring tournament. Following the match, in the backstage area, Terry Taylor asked Hardcore Holly how he could just get himself eliminated from the King of the Ring tournament. Holly said, "Who the hell are you?" Taylor said he was Terry Taylor. Holly said he played by his rules and didn't forget to say he had not forgotten about The Big Show.
KOTR Quarter-Finals: The Big Show vs. Kane
• King of the Ring Quarter-Finals Match: Kane defeated The Big Show via Pinfall.
- Both The Big Show and Kane used power to their advantage. Big Show remained in control, until Kane countered with an insuguri. Both nailed each other simultaneously with big boots. As the match continued, The Big Show accidently nailed the referee with a big boot. Kane then low-blowed Big Show. Hardcore Holly ran in with a chair, but Kane held him back and put him through a chokeslam. The match continued, with Kane putting Big Show through a long chokehold and a hard chairshot. Kane then made the pinfall to advance to the Semi-Finals of the King of the Ring tournament.
Vince McMahon Interview
• Backstage, Michael Cole asked Vince McMahon about Shane's condition. McMahon said Shane could not wrestle in the Winner-Takes-All Handicap-Ladder match against Stone Cold Steve Austin and needed medical attention. Shane was heard saying, "I can do it." McMahon said he couldn't and yelled out for the EMTs.
KOTR Quarter-Finals Match: Mr. Ass vs. Ken Shamrock
• King of the Ring Quarter-Finals Match: Mr. Ass defeated Ken Shamrock.
- Mr. Ass came out with one of the Tag Team Titles he stole from The Acolytes the previous Monday on Raw is War. Ass claimed Shamrock was faking his injury. He told Shamrock to either get out there to wrestle the match or forfeit. He said either way, he would beat the World's Most Dangerous Ass. Shamrock, whose mouth was still bleeding, was shown in the backstage area. He threw both EMTs out of his way and went straight towards the ring. The referee tried to explain to Shamrock he was in no condition to wrestle. Ass dominated Shamrock. Shamrock tried to fight back, but started to spew out blood from his mouth once again. The referee called the match and awarded the victory toAss. Ass would go on to the Semi-Finals of the King of the Ring tournament to take on Kane. Shamrock then threw the referee to the outside of the ring.
Chyna, Triple H Interview
• Backstage, Kevin Kelly interviewed Chyna, along with Triple H, about her upcoming King of the Ring tournament match with Road Dogg. Chyna said she would be the Queen of the Ring and RD had big balls to step in the ring with her. Triple H was asked about his Heavyweight Title challenge to the winner of the Heavyweight Title match later in the show (probably for the next PPV on 7/25 called Fully Loaded). Triple H said he wasn't afraid of The Undertaker and would take him on anytime.
KOTR Quarter-Finals Match: Road Dogg vs. Chyna
• King of the Ring Quarter-Finals Match: Road Dogg defeated Chyna (w/Triple H) with the Pumphandle Slam.
- Chyna slowly dominated Road Dogg, until RD threw her on the outside of the ring. Triple H then got in RD's face, which gave Chyna the chance to slam her opponent face-first into the ring post. Triple H threw around RD on the outside of the ring. Chyna mocked RD's shake, rattle, and roll dance as she continued to remain in control. RD later reversed a sleeper hold, until Triple H put her foot on the ropes. As RD argued with Triple H, Chyna rolled her opponent up. RD kicked out, with Chyna landing on the referee. Triple H then entered the ring and nailed RD with a foreign object, but RD kicked out when Chyna attempted to make the pin. Shawn Michaels then made his way down the aisle and stood behind Triple H. RD then started to gain the advantage, punching on Chyna, landing on her back, and giving her a knee drop. Triple H tried to enter the ring, but Michaels told him to head to the back. As RD saluted Triple H away, Chyna lowblowed him, but RD was supporting a protected metal cup. RD then put Chyna through the Pumphandle Slam to advance to the Semi-Finals of the King of the Ring tournament where he would take on his friend X-Pac. A look at the brackets:
- Mr. Ass
- Ken Shamrock
- The Big Show
- Road Dogg
- Hardcore Holly
- Mr. Ass
- Road Dogg
• Backstage, Michael Cole asked The Rock if he would once again become the Heavyweight Champion. The Rock said The Undertaker didn't impress him by lighting the brauma bull on fire on Sunday Night Heat. He said he would light The Undertaker's ass on fire.
The Brood vs. The Hardy Boyz
• The Hardy Boyz (w/Michael Hayes) defeated The Brood (Edge and Christian, w/Gangrel) with a Modified Neckbreaker by Jeff Hardy, to earn a shot at the Tag Team Titles.
- These two teams went at in in a rematch after The Acolytes interfered in the one on Sunday Night Heat. Jim Ross noted that Shawn Michaels ruled that the winner of the match would get a shot at The Acolytes' Tag Team Titles. Both teams executed many high-flying maneuvers in the face-paced match. At one point, Michael Hayes tried to interfere, but Edge took care of him. Gangrel beat on Hayes on the outside, as Edge nailed Jeff Hardy with an awesome spear. As Christian and Matt Hardy battled on the outside of the ring, Gangrel accidently spewed his red liquid in Edge's face, when it was meant for Jeff. Jeff then nailed Edge with a Modified Neckbreaker for the win. Gangrel explained to Edge it was the accident. Edge was forgiveful.
• Backstage, Michael Cole asked The Undertaker if he could wistand the brauma bull in his Heavyweight Title match with The Rock later in the show. The Undertaker was upset with Cole's question and asked if Cole had ever seen the balls ripped off a bull.
Vince McMahon Interview
• Vince McMahon Interview.
- The crowd immediately chanted, "Asshole." Vince McMahon said they were a very rude audience, although McMahon grew up in North Carolina. He claimed Shawn Michaels put Shane McMahon in harms way in the match against Ken Shamrock on Sunday Night Heat, when he (McMahon) was actually the one who assigned Shane the match. He once again announced Shane would not participate in the Handicap-Ladder Match for Control of the WWF with Stone Cold Steve Austin, thus meaning the match was off. Shawn Michaels then made his way out. He said he would decide which matches would and would not take place. McMahon said Michaels didn't get what he was saying. He said Michaels said earlier that he (McMahon) could wrestle a match with a suitable replacement. He said he and the replacement would be the ones to take on Austin and after it was all said and done, McMahon would have complete control of the WWF. Michaels looked at himself as if he was wrong this time, as he made his way to the backstage area.
KOTR Semi-Finals Match: Mr. Ass vs. Kane
• King of the Ring Semi-Finals Match: Mr. Ass. defeated Kane via Pinfall. - As the action went to the outside of the ring, Kane picked up the steel staircase to hit Mr. Ass, but Ass dropkicked the staircase into Kane's face. As the match continued, Ass wanted to bring in a chair, but The Big Show made his way down and took it away. Ass pushed Big Show. Big Show swung the chair back at him, but Ass ducked, and the chair slammed into Kane's head. Ass then made the pin to advance to the Finals of the King of the Ring tournament.
X-Pac, Road Dogg Interview
• Backstage, Kevin Kelly asked X-Pac if he would have any mixed feelings in his Semi-Finals match with Road Dogg. He said RD was one of his best friends, but said someone would have to advance, so may the best man win. Kelly then asked RD once X-Pac made his way out to the ring if he would have a hard time wrestling X-Pac. RD said it would be a hard match to wrestle, but someone would have to advance to the Finals of the King of the Ring tournament.
KOTR Semi-Finals Match: Road Dogg vs. X-Pac
• King of the Ring Semi-Finals Match: X-Pac defeated Road Dogg with the X-Factor.
- X-Pac and Road Dogg wrestled a back and forth match. After X-Pac missed the Bronco Buster, RD set him up with the Pumphandle Slam, but X-Pac countered with the X-Factor to advance to the Finals of the King of the Ring tournament to take on Mr. Ass. X-Pac favored his neck. He and RD then hugged following the match. One last look at the brackets:
- Mr. Ass
- Ken Shamrock
- The Big Show
- Road Dogg
- Hardcore Holly
- Mr. Ass
- Road Dogg
- Mr. Ass
The Undertaker vs. The Rock for the Heavyweight Title
• The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer) defeated The Rock with the Tombstone, to retain the Heavyweight Title.
- The fans chanted, "Rocky." The Undertaker gave the Heavyweight Title to the referee and then purposely clotheslined the referee. The Rock hit the Rock Bottom early, but the referee was knocked out. Another referee made his way down to make the pinfall, but Paul Bearer pulled him out of the ring. The knocked out referee came to and the match was back on between The Rock and The Undertaker. The referee let the match continue when both superstars brawled down the aisle. Both brawled on the concrete floor and used the guardrails to their advantage. The Undertaker was about to be suplexed on the floor, but he reversed, as The Rock crashed onto the concrete. The Undertaker did his walk on the ropes, but The Rock punched him down. As The Undertaker sat in pain between the ropes, The Rock grabbed some bottled water, and spewed some into his opponent's face. Both then brawled into the crowd. Back on the inside, The Rock slammed The Undertaker's face into the bell. The Undertaker later used the bell to block a chairshot, which happened to knock out The Rock. In the ring, The Undertaker started to remain on top of the match, until The Rock countered the Tombstone with a DDT. The referee was knocked down for a second time after The Rock accidently ran into him with a clothesline. The Rock then hit the People's Elbow, with Jim Ross saying, "Who's your daddy, Undertaker?" The referee still remained knocked out. The Undertaker lowblowed The Rock, as Bearer poured ether on a red cloth. The Rock kicked the cloth out of The Undertaker's hands and then put it over The Undertaker's mouth. Triple H then ran in the ring and gave The Rock the Pedigree, obviously wanting The Undertaker to keep the Heavyweight Title so both Corporate Ministry members can eventually go one-on-one. Both The Undertaker and The Rock were knocked out at this point, with The Undertaker first to get up. He covered The Rock, but The Rock kicked out of the pin at the last second. The Undertaker then put The Rock through the Tombstone for the victory.
Triple H detained
• Backstage, Shawn Michaels had security take Triple H away. Vince McMahon yelled, "He's my partner." Michael said, "No shit, sherlock. Think I didn't know that?" McMahon then got on his celluar phone and told someone to return to the arena.
Mr. Ass Interview
• Backstage, Michael Cole interviewed Mr. Ass about his match with X-Pac in the Finals of the King of the Ring tournament. Ass said he would go straight for X-Pac's scrawny, little neck and he would be telling everyone to kiss his royal ass.
KOTR Finals Match: Mr. Ass vs. X-Pac
• King of the Ring Finals Match: Mr. Ass defeated X-Pac with the Famouser, to become the 1999 King of the Ring Winner.
- Mr. Ass, who still had one of the Tag Team Titles with him, worked on X-Pac's neck, which was injured in the Semi-Finals match with Road Dogg. Ass dominated and nailed X-Pac with the Famouser, but X-Pac surprisingly kicked out. Ass told the referee it was bullshit. X-Pac then caught Ass with the X-Factor, but was too slow to make the pin. Ass then continued his punishment on X-Pac's neck and finished it off with a Famouser from the second rope to become the 1999 King of the Ring Winner. No crowning on the PPV this year.
Handicap-Ladder, Control of WWF Match: Stone Cold Steve Ausin vs. Vince and Shane McMahon
• Handicap-Ladder, Control of WWF Match: Vince and Shane McMahon defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin.
- The winner of the match would take complete control of the WWF. After Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated The Big Bossman the previous Monday on Raw is War, the stipulation was on the line that if any Corporate Ministry interfered, Vince and Shane McMahon would be disqualified, thus giving Austin the win and control. The briefcase with all the proper paperwork inside was held from a rope above the ladder in the ring. Vince McMahon got on the microphone, to "Asshole" chants. He said, "Where is your southern hospitality?" McMahon then introduced his suitable replacement, which was Steve Blackman, obviously meaning Blackman was hired to take out Ken Shamrock. G-TV was aired, which revealed there was nothing wrong with Shane, as he and The Mean Street Posse celebrated over their plan in their locker room. Shane and The Mean Street Posse tried to leave the arena, but were stopped by Shawn Michaels. Shane attempted to explain to Michaels he stilled had a neck injury, but Shane was brought down to the entrance-way. Michaels said Shane was more than capable of working the match. He told Blackman (calling him a G.I. Joe-looking ass) that his presence was needed in the backstage area. Michaels said if Blackman didn't leave, Vince and Shane would be disqualified. Blackman left. Austin made his way out to a huge pop from 20,108 fans (according to Jim Ross). Vince and Shane were hesitant to enter the ring. They went for the ladder, but both were clotheslined from behind by Austin. Back in the ring, Austin had his way with Shane and Vince. He pulled Shane's legs between the ring post. The McMahon's gained the advantage after using a double-team on the outside. Shane choked Austin with cables, as McMahon went for the ladder. Shane was then slammed into the staircase, as Austin went to beat on McMahon near the entrance set. Shane climbed up to the top of the set, which was built with several ladders. Shane fell to the bottom after he was punched out by Austin. Austin held up his two middle fingers from the top to a big pop. Austin slammed McMahon and Shane to one ladder after another (four to be exact). Austin then pulled the last ladder on the right row with a chain, which caused the entire entrance set of ladders to come crashing down on The McMahon's. Austin brought the original climbing ladder to the ring. He nailed Shane to the outside twice, with the second time causing Shane to take a dive on the American announcer's table. As McMahon was laid out in the ring, Shane was placed on the Spanish announcer's table, with Austin climbing the ladder, and landing on him. The table crumbled up. Austin and McMahon then climbed the ladder, which was on the outside of the ring, with McMahon getting off and pushing Austin down to the American announcer's table, although that one was strong enough not to break. With Shane and Austin knocked out on the outside, McMahon got the ladder to climb it on the inside to grab for the briefcase. Austin ran in and lowblowed him down. McMahon was laying upside down on the ladder. Austin repeatedly rammed McMahon's face into the ladder and then slammed him down to the canvas. Austin then punished Shane with the ladder, with rams and catapults. Austin punched on McMahon in the corner and then set up the ladder to go for the briefcase, but the ladder was turned over by McMahon. As Austin was knocked out, McMahon tried to pick up his son with his hands and shoulders to reach the ladder, but that didn't work. When both turned around, Austin punched them down. Austin nailed The McMahon's with Stunners. He then climbed the ladder and had the perfect chance to reach for the ladder, but someone pulled up the rope. Austin then went to Howard Finkel, the time keeper, and technician and yelled if they were the ones who pulled up the rope, but all were innocent. McMahon then went for the briefcase, but Austin was up there with him. Shane then sacrificed his own father by pushing down the ladder, as McMahon and Ausitn went crashing to the ring. Shane then went for the ladder and grabbed the briefcase to give he and his father full Control of the WWF. An upset Austin went to the outside of the ring to find out who pulled up the rope, as the two hour and 30 minute PPV went off the air.