Blizzard, Battle.net, Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, Diablo 2, Warcraft II Technical Support
Computer Gaming Technical Support - Diablo 2, World of Warcraft, Warcraft III, Blizzard Games, Battle.net - TheHelper.net

Promotional Products Direct specializes in Corporate Gifts.
Able Auto Glass specializes in Houston Auto Glass Replacement as well as windshield repair and replacement services.
Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Used Steel Pipe.
Babarker.com - Offers Dog gifts for Dog Lovers.
TIJC specializes in Wholesale Silver Charms.
Barfield Photography is a Houston Wedding Photographer.

Go Back   The Helper Forums > Projects > The Last Stand: A TH.net project
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Who should organize this project?
Bartuc08 1 8.33%
SilverHawk 3 25.00%
Demonfaze 5 41.67%
Alexander 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:00 PM
Current Notpron Level: 31

SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)
Send a message via AIM to SilverHawk
TheHelper.net Map Thread

Ok here is the thread for the map. I'm going to post all the important posts from the other thread.

Quote:
Objective
- "AoS Seige" - three large lanes or one HUGE lane
- Players: 10
- Layout: Here -- Did this in like 30 seconds. It is unproportional so don't think of how big each thing is. Just the layout...
- There will be 50 civilians scattered around the city (in the middle). Everyone controls 5 each -- you can move them wherever you want.
- If all civilians die, you lose. Cool thing is, you can control civilians -- you can hide in buildings, in the forest, in the mountains, or just simply running for their lives in the open plains.

Heroes
- Each person picks a custom hero from a tavern or a "gallery." The custom heroes would be composed of members of this forum. IE: Shadowy Fear (proper name) the Human Lightbulb or Idea Machine (unit name), TheHelper.Net the Leader/Master of the _____?, Demonfaze the Uber Noob, and Bartuc08 and everyone else who wants a hero.

Other

- The city would be a huge fortress inside a castle with many shops, etc. The buildings would be realistic too -- purely made out of doodads with roofs, and the buildings would be realisticly enterable. Not the easy 'teleport-to-corner-of-map' way.

- Computer units would aid you like an AoS and defend
- Computer units = upgradable, upgrades are cheap at start and get more expensive for them. If you don't or hardly get upgrades, you will die, but if you get too much, your hero will be weak (since all the money went to upgrades, not your hero)

- There would be sidequests in the city also that you could do to obtain powerful items. However, this sacrafices time that could be used defending.

- Tons more ideas for inside the city, or for unique waves, or certain items/abilities, but I don't want to post them here becuase then this post would be overwhelmingly huge.

- Also have many custom models written down. About 60 custom models w/ skins for the city (don't have to use them all) but all of the combined is only about 500-600 kilobytes.

Who does what

- I know it seems like a huge map, but if we had more than one person working on it... Just get each terrainer to do one "section" of the map. One person does the mountains, one person does the plains, one person does the outer castle/city and another does the inner castle/city.

- Heroes -- Each person makes their own hero, then one good balancer balances all of the heroes.

- Units -- Hardly any besides creeps.. A few people can do the creeps (since its just repetitive work)

- Not much left to do but balancing/testing/ENJOYING!

Hero Rules (may be changed... its just a start)
- The damage should be around melee based. Like a hero would start off with something like 25-35 damage + or - a few, and -1 armor before agility bonus.
- Same for abilities...don't be too picky about balancing yet, we can balance after they are all put in and can be compared fully.
- Keep his scaling slightly larger than normal, but not huge. For heroes with "normal" hero models such as Demon Hunter and Blademaster, scale around 1.30 to 1.50
- There won't be tomes so don't even think about adding a hero that would benefit from them.
- No rigged spells -- anybody will be able to play as your hero, you won't do something along the lines of "Type in password and unlock rigged hero."

NO complaining about something unless it will make the game unplayable. (No complaining about how something looks, this thing's damage is too high... etc)
UNTIL there is a good amount of progress.

Also, no complaining about the balance of a certain custom hero, since as we are making our custom heroes, we don't know how high to scale our damage, there is guaranteed to be imbalances.

We can have one and only one balancer at the end. Nobody else comments on balancing until the map is playable, since people can balance best when they can actually play the map.

Each "different" terrain should be done by one person to avoid as much arguments as possible. One person does the plains which are the easiest, one person does the mountains, one does the forest. One person to do the castle part of the city (like the outer walls, the gate, the towers on the outside, etc) and then one person does the city (we need one helluva terrainer for the city).

If we get started, someone with good vision should go make a blank map, preferrably large, like 192x192. Then, estimate how much space each section of the terrain takes up, and then post it here. This way, the terrainers could all terrain on a separate map as long as they keep within their "given space." Then, they can just copy & paste their terrain into the map. The city & castle must be done last because if you copy raised or lowered doodads (which are a -must- for the city) then they all get dropped to the ground.

And if you aren't doing anything, just work on your hero.

Terrain:
Alexander
Conan
Rinpun
Bartuc
Demonfaze

Pathing:
Turri

Triggers:
Senkin
SilverHawk
DarthTyranus

Heroes/Objects:
Rinpun
Bartuc
Demonfaze
Orcstronghol
DarthTyranus
SilverHawk
Alexander
Shadowy Fear

Skins:
Rinpun

Ideas:
Shadowy Fear
Alexander
Demonfaze
Bartuc

Balancing:
SilverHawk
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:03 PM
If life was like DotA, life would be like DotA

Alexander is climbing the respect ladder even higher (+600)Alexander is climbing the respect ladder even higher (+600)Alexander is climbing the respect ladder even higher (+600)Alexander is climbing the respect ladder even higher (+600)Alexander is climbing the respect ladder even higher (+600)Alexander is climbing the respect ladder even higher (+600)
Send a message via AIM to Alexander Send a message via MSN to Alexander
Silverhawk. I refuse to vote for myself. Especially because now I'm not sure I'll even be able to.

Alexander
I don't want to read it...
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:05 PM
Regular (Damn I got over a thousand posts)

Bartuc08 has gotten a little reputation (+10)
Send a message via MSN to Bartuc08
i vote demon faze im surprised my name is even on that list, lol
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:06 PM

SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)SilverHawk is one of the Staff (+1000)
In response to before, my guess is yes, we will have to do this "hot potato style" if that's what you want to call it. This will probably apply only to terrain though. Units and triggers can be created on any map and exported to the map.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartuc08
i vote demon faze im surprised my name is even on that list, lol

Well, this whole thing was your idea, so I figured you at least deserved a chance.

-Edit-

The poll will last 3 days. In the mean time, we should generate more specific ideas (terrain and heroes escpecially).
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:10 PM

oh well thanks i guess lol, ill probably end up with 0 votes but i dont mind
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:17 PM

I think I'll start a hero list. (I really wish we could have a subforum for this; I want multiple threads but I don't want to clutter the forum.) Use the format below.

Hero:
Type: (melee, ranged, magic, stealth, etc.)
Abilities:
Other:

Add other fields if you see fit.

-Edit-

Good idea about a modeler. I think we should try to find one here first but either way, we definitely need one. Anyone want to volunteer to be/find one?
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartuc08
demon i love that idea, ive actually got a hero that has 3 abilities that i can tihnk of so far

Drow (God! i love the drow!)
Orb of Darkness - summons a orb that is impposible to see through
how to make - i would make this spell using a default spell that targets ground make a trigger that summons sight blockers for 30 - 60 seconds

infravision - uses a different sgith spectrem to zone in on body heat allowing u to see invisible targets and lights them up in red
how to make- i dont really know how u would go about making this

levitate - allows the Drow to levitate above the ground to ambush enemies or escape from them
how to make - change the the height of the unit (maybe add a little smoke udner the unit for effect) make it so only ranged and flying units can attack the Drow

i might think of a new hero and "scrap" this one , but i will definenetly be using the drow in my RPG i making

htis is a hero i made in the earlier thread, MAN I LOVE DROW!!!!
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:20 PM
Junior Member (Am I really helping anyone?)

DarthTyranus seems to be trying to help (+25)
i should be offended that my name is not on there, but really don't want to be the one blamed when it goes wrong. Oops, that was a little pessimistic
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:22 PM

Can we all make a custom hero? of course they will not be unbalance, they will be fair heros. I want to make an BloodOrc hero that has a bloodlust like ability
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:25 PM

courseu can, we should all submit a hero its sorta a signature if u ask me

make it anyway u want but ry to keep it balanced, the modeler (if/once we get one) can make the image and how u want him to look the trigger editors can work out trigger based spells and all of that good stuff
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:25 PM

Of course. Why wouldn't we be able to? People can make as many heroes as they want...which makes me think: How many heroes do we want?
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthTyranus
i should be offended that my name is not on there, but really don't want to be the one blamed when it goes wrong. Oops, that was a little pessimistic

I apologize. Did you want it to be? I just never saw any interest from you in the other thread.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:27 PM

depends. How many races are we having. If we had only the original four, we could have 5 original heros for each race. But if we have 10 races, that makes 50 heros, which is a lot of work.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:28 PM

No Please Don't Add Me!!!!!!
Closed Thread