Sun, 20 Nov 2005. 12:14 pm.

navigation
search
Google
Web sgForums
personal
favourite forums
links
email this page to:
shoutbox

Login to shout.




Singapore Buses >

23 Tampines - Clementi

This topic has expired.
This topic is in the archives.
[1], 2  [>]  [>>]
Author Message
orange_oceanz
Member

Joined: 03 Mar 2003
Posts: 105



Send Message
18 May 2003 · 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for orange_oceanz     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
How about that? If the later route of 81 from bedemeer area onwards is amended to somewhere else, 23, can combine together with 147 to reach clementi. Advantages? faster link from tampines to bukit merah, which no buses or mrt linkage. Bus drivers need not to turn back again.
moderator
Airbus330Captain
Senior Member

Joined: 07 Mar 2003
Posts: 2118



Send Message
18 May 2003 · 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Airbus330Captain     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
Thats a good idea also , but lets see what will happen after NE line opens . That will be interesting .
Charles Ryan Teo

My aviation photos


The beauty of the Boeing 777-346ER, JA731J .
tranquilice
Senior Member

Joined: 10 Apr 2000
Posts: 14042



Send Message
18 May 2003 · 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tranquilice     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by orange_oceanz:
How about that? If the later route of 81 from bedemeer area onwards is amended to somewhere else, 23, can combine together with 147 to reach clementi. Advantages? faster link from tampines to bukit merah, which no buses or mrt linkage. Bus drivers need not to turn back again.


No, in my opinion, service 147 cannot be amended as it plys along Yio Chu Kang Rd and Hougang Ave 8, which are not served by the NEL. The link of service 147 between Hougang Central and Little India area must be maintained.

The following is what I have suggested in earlier post about what may happen to service 23:-

Service 97 (Jurong East to Little India stretch) will be integrated with service 23 (Tampines to Little India) to become new service 68 (Tampines to Jurong East)

The roue is: Tampines Ave 5, Ave 1, Ave 10, Bedok North Rd, PIE, Bendemeer Rd, Jln Besar, Bencoolen St, Bras Basah Rd, Connaught Dr, Collyer Quay, Raffles Quay, Shenton Way, Keppel Rd, Telok Blangah Rd, Alexander Rd, AYE, Jurong Town Hall Rd and Jurong East Ctrl. Same route back to Tampines.
Xiao Long Nu
Senior Member

Joined: 10 Aug 2002
Posts: 17728



Send Message
18 May 2003 · 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xiao Long Nu     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
reminds me of days in tp
wen Shi Jian Qing Wei He WU
tranquilice
Senior Member

Joined: 10 Apr 2000
Posts: 14042



Send Message
18 May 2003 · 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tranquilice     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by orange_oceanz:
How about that? If the later route of 81 from bedemeer area onwards is amended to somewhere else, 23, can combine together with 147 to reach clementi. Advantages? faster link from tampines to bukit merah, which no buses or mrt linkage. Bus drivers need not to turn back again.


The following is what I suggested earlier for service 196 (Tampines to Bukit Merah). You have to read the other 2 service amendments, namely 31 & 198, to understand how the route of service 196 is amended.

1) SBST 198, currently plying Boon Lay to Bt Merah, will be extended to become Boon Lay to Marina Ctre.

route from Boon Lay to AYE (Clementi Rd) will be unchanged, after that via Dover Rd, then continue with present 198 route to Jln Bt Merah, after that via Kampong Bahru Rd, Cantonment Rd, Anson Rd, Robinson Rd, Collyer Quay, Esplanade Dr & Raffles Blvd.

2) SBST 31, currently plying Toa payoh to Tampines, will be shortened to become Toa Payoh to Siglap Rd (loop).

3) SBST 196, currently plying Bedok to Clementi, will be amended to become Tampines to Bt Merah.

route from Tampines to Bedok South Rd/Marine Parade will be the same as present 31, after that, the route will be the same as present 196 to Shenton Way, then via Keppel Rd, Telok Blangah Rd & Henderson Rd.
[This message was edited by tranquilice on 2003-05-18 16:27:43.]
SBS9819Y
Member

Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 119



Send Message
18 May 2003 · 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SBS9819Y     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
cannot lah, how can 23 be amended? many pple depend on the service to get to rochor canal rd, while pple like me take 23 to save a walk from jalan besar to s'goon rd.
Hao Rui
tranquilice
Senior Member

Joined: 10 Apr 2000
Posts: 14042



Send Message
18 May 2003 · 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tranquilice     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SBS9819Y:
cannot lah, how can 23 be amended? many pple depend on the service to get to rochor canal rd, while pple like me take 23 to save a walk from jalan besar to s'goon rd.


Walk for short distance only, don't complain.
off_service
Senior Member

Joined: 30 Mar 2003
Posts: 2624



Send Message
19 May 2003 · 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for off_service     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tranquilice:


Walk for short distance only, don't complain.



We do not know how SBS Transit nor Tibs decide to make amendments, under what conditions or what situation. You can give suggestions by all means, but do not make it sound like your suggestion is going to work until either companies makes a move. I do think your suggestions will make bus companies have smaller profit margin and more tired bus captains, and leading to fare hikes and high turnover. Also, if you don't know how passengers flow is like, making suggestions without considering the flow will cause uproar, like what SBS9819Y just did.

Therefore, again, for those making route suggestions here or to companies, please have powerful reasons behind the change and not just suggest the changes for the sake of changing.
[This message was edited by off_service on 2003-05-19 01:38:02.]
The changed man
SBS9818A
Senior Member

Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 5840



Send Message
19 May 2003 · 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SBS9818A     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tranquilice:


Walk for short distance only, don't complain.



Yes, I agree with Hao Rui, Sv. 23 is packed all times of the day, to amend it would inconvienience passengers. Hao Rui being lazy ah? Laughing
-SBS9818A


--> Ladies... wanna meet some nerdy hunks??? Click here now!!! <--

Advertising Info
tranquilice
Senior Member

Joined: 10 Apr 2000
Posts: 14042



Send Message
19 May 2003 · 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tranquilice     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by off_service:


We do not know how SBS Transit nor Tibs decide to make amendments, under what conditions or what situation. You can give suggestions by all means, but do not make it sound like your suggestion is going to work until either companies makes a move. I do think your suggestions will make bus companies have smaller profit margin and more tired bus captains, and leading to fare hikes and high turnover. Also, if you don't know how passengers flow is like, making suggestions without considering the flow will cause uproar, like what SBS9819Y just did.

Therefore, again, for those making route suggestions here or to companies, please have powerful reasons behind the change and not just suggest the changes for the sake of changing.



A suggestion, is after all, a suggestion. I do not expect fully that my suggestion be implemented. The final decision lies in the hands of the bus companies, not me.

What make you think that my suggestions will result in the companies to have smaller profit margin, fare increase and high turnover? How do you know the resuIt will turn out this way since it hasn't become a reality? I would like to know more.

I have taken buses of service 23 before, yes, I know, this service has a high demand, that's why superbuses are used. But the only change is that the service does not serve the only stop along Rochor Canal Rd. From my observation, mostly those who alight/board at Rochor Canal Rd are going to/from Sim Lim Square. With the service change, they can either alight along Jln Besar outside Sim Lim Tower or along Bencoolen St, Sim Lim Square is just a walking distance away. It's only cause a small inconvenience, that all. Also, Selegie Rd is within walking distance if they are boarding the service towards Tampines. Take a look at service 56 for example, those going to Sim Lim Square alight at Sungei Road or Bencoolen St, but they still have to walk to Selegie Rd for the return journey right?

I believe that the new service 68 is possible-to-be-implemented service, which maintain the link of service 23 from Tampines Interchange to Jln Besar and the link of service 97 from Jurong East Interchange to Serangoon Rd.

As for those people who insist to take service 23 instead of walking from Jln Besar to Serangoon Rd, you are just very lazy, you are just like another lazy group of people who take service 36 from Orchard Boulevard to Orchard Rd just because they felt that the 5 minutes walk take an eternity.
off_service
Senior Member

Joined: 30 Mar 2003
Posts: 2624



Send Message
20 May 2003 · 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for off_service     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
I still think the proposed service 68 is too long....

But I feel that MRT in Singapore is just trying to "snatch" business from buses, after circle line is implemented, we can see the withdrawal of even more services, at chinatown/bugis area.
The changed man
tranquilice
Senior Member

Joined: 10 Apr 2000
Posts: 14042



Send Message
20 May 2003 · 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tranquilice     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by off_service:
I still think the proposed service 68 is too long....

But I feel that MRT in Singapore is just trying to "snatch" business from buses, after circle line is implemented, we can see the withdrawal of even more services, at chinatown/bugis area.



The circle line didn't pass thru the Chinatown and Bugis areas, only services plying Paya Lebar, Bt Timah etc. may be affected.
tranquilice
Senior Member

Joined: 10 Apr 2000
Posts: 14042



Send Message
20 May 2003 · 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tranquilice     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by off_service:
I still think the proposed service 68 is too long....

But I feel that MRT in Singapore is just trying to "snatch" business from buses, after circle line is implemented, we can see the withdrawal of even more services, at chinatown/bugis area.



I have estimated that service 68 is around 43 fare stages. Yes, it's a long route, but remember that it plys express along PIE, so it's faster compared to services 14, 51, 61 etc that have no express sectors.

SBS9819Y
Member

Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 119



Send Message
20 May 2003 · 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SBS9819Y     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SBS9818A:


Yes, I agree with Hao Rui, Sv. 23 is packed all times of the day, to amend it would inconvienience passengers. Hao Rui being lazy ah? Laughing



Ok, so we shall see who's lazy to walk on Friday. To get to Dhoby Ghaut from my place, you have to walk for 6 minutes to Sim Lim Square, and take a 6 minute bus ride. After that you still have to cross the road (about 1 minute including waiting at traffic light). If you are suay enough, waiting time will be 6 minutes. BUT, if you walk from my place, I guarantee it will be within 20 minutes. Accept the challenge? Laughing
Hao Rui
SBS9818A
Senior Member

Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 5840



Send Message
20 May 2003 · 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SBS9818A     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tranquilice:


Take a look at service 56 for example, those going to Sim Lim Square alight at Sungei Road or Bencoolen St, but they still have to walk to Selegie Rd for the return journey right?

As for those people who insist to take service 23 instead of walking from Jln Besar to Serangoon Rd, you are just very lazy, you are just like another lazy group of people who take service 36 from Orchard Boulevard to Orchard Rd just because they felt that the 5 minutes walk take an eternity.



Calm down tranqulice. As for the Sv. 56 thing, I'm not so stupid to walk almost ten minutes, I'd rather take 66, 67, 170 etc then transfer, also eliminates the case where the bus zooms by you when you are walking.

Also, have you tried walking short distances in the heat? Furthermore when Hao Rui takes Sv. 23 he alights from the other service at Eminent Plaza then goes to Tekka, it would be insane to walk that distance, plus the sweltering heat, it makes walking unbearable.
-SBS9818A

SBS9818A
Senior Member

Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 5840



Send Message
20 May 2003 · 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SBS9818A     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SBS9819Y:


Ok, so we shall see who's lazy to walk on Friday. To get to Dhoby Ghaut from my place, you have to walk for 6 minutes to Sim Lim Square, and take a 6 minute bus ride. After that you still have to cross the road (about 1 minute including waiting at traffic light). If you are suay enough, waiting time will be 6 minutes. BUT, if you walk from my place, I guarantee it will be within 20 minutes. Accept the challenge? Laughing



Please lah, I'd rather take Sv. 56 from Tekka Mall then change to Sv. 64(or any service with Trident) to Dhoby Ghaut. You crazy ah? Want me to walk in the heat is it? Rolling Eyes
-SBS9818A

tranquilice
Senior Member

Joined: 10 Apr 2000
Posts: 14042



Send Message
20 May 2003 · 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tranquilice     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SBS9818A:


Calm down tranqulice. As for the Sv. 56 thing, I'm not so stupid to walk almost ten minutes, I'd rather take 66, 67, 170 etc then transfer, also eliminates the case where the bus zooms by you when you are walking.

Also, have you tried walking short distances in the heat? Furthermore when Hao Rui takes Sv. 23 he alights from the other service at Eminent Plaza then goes to Tekka, it would be insane to walk that distance, plus the sweltering heat, it makes walking unbearable.



Hey, what makes you think I am angry? Of course, you people don't mind taking buses for short distance and transfer, because I believe you people are paying concession fares.

In that case, 9819Y can transfer to services 66 or 67 and cross the road. Troblesome? Or prefer to save a little bit of inconvenience and alight outside Tekka Centre?

Advertising Info
xin1jun2
Senior Member

Joined: 30 Mar 2003
Posts: 1025



Send Message
20 May 2003 · 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xin1jun2     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tranquilice:


The following is what I suggested earlier for service 196 (Tampines to Bukit Merah). You have to read the other 2 service amendments, namely 31 & 198, to understand how the route of service 196 is amended.

1) SBST 198, currently plying Boon Lay to Bt Merah, will be extended to become Boon Lay to Marina Ctre.

route from Boon Lay to AYE (Clementi Rd) will be unchanged, after that via Dover Rd, then continue with present 198 route to Jln Bt Merah, after that via Kampong Bahru Rd, Cantonment Rd, Anson Rd, Robinson Rd, Collyer Quay, Esplanade Dr & Raffles Blvd.

2) SBST 31, currently plying Toa payoh to Tampines, will be shortened to become Toa Payoh to Siglap Rd (loop).

3) SBST 196, currently plying Bedok to Clementi, will be amended to become Tampines to Bt Merah.

route from Tampines to Bedok South Rd/Marine Parade will be the same as present 31, after that, the route will be the same as present 196 to Shenton Way, then via Keppel Rd, Telok Blangah Rd & Henderson Rd.



erm i am happy with 23 coming to my hosue but pls leave my 196 alone

196 route has never been chnaged and 196 will remain like that forever.
it is however best to extend 196 back to boon lay going on 198's present route.

ZYX


ZYX
[This message was edited by xin1jun2 on 2003-05-20 22:21:13.]
SBS Transit - Disconnecting Singapore
BOYCOTT THE RAT HOLE!!!
tranquilice
Senior Member

Joined: 10 Apr 2000
Posts: 14042



Send Message
21 May 2003 · 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tranquilice     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xin1jun2:


erm i am happy with 23 coming to my hosue but pls leave my 196 alone

196 route has never been chnaged and 196 will remain like that forever.
it is however best to extend 196 back to boon lay going on 198's present route.

ZYX


ZYX



ZYX, are you sure that the route of service 196 has never been changed before?

Wouldn't it be a duplication if service 196 follows service 198 route to Boon Lay, if the latter route remains the same?
xiao_p
Senior Member

Joined: 04 Mar 2003
Posts: 911



Send Message
21 May 2003 · 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xiao_p     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
Confused all tiz bus tok makes me dizzy....
"Always expect the unexpected!"
tranquilice
Senior Member

Joined: 10 Apr 2000
Posts: 14042



Send Message
21 May 2003 · 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tranquilice     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xiao_p:
Confused all tiz bus tok makes me dizzy....


Why dizzy? You don't like buses?
xiao_p
Senior Member

Joined: 04 Mar 2003
Posts: 911



Send Message
21 May 2003 · 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xiao_p     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tranquilice:


Why dizzy? You don't like buses?



yah lor i will get bus sick leh Confused
"Always expect the unexpected!"
tranquilice
Senior Member

Joined: 10 Apr 2000
Posts: 14042



Send Message
21 May 2003 · 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tranquilice     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xiao_p:


yah lor i will get bus sick leh Confused



So, you don't take buses? Then what is the type of public transport you usually take?
SBS9816E
Senior Member

Joined: 30 Mar 2003
Posts: 845



Send Message
21 May 2003 · 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SBS9816E     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
Let me give you MY Personal point of view. I feel that Svc 23 shouldn't be extended as it is rather a fast service to SIm Lim Square. Also, if this service is being compared with Service 67, your travelling time would be added by at least 50%!!! Also, Service 23 does provide a good link from Little India to Tampines via the expressway. I can always see lotsa Indians taking Service 23, especially Sunday.

Tranquilice, let me tell you this: People have their own way of travelling from place to place. Sometimes, they dun think of any factors in mind as they might need to get to their destinations w/in the quickest time as possible. I hope that u could think thru of wat i've said here.
I LOVE DENNIS TRIDENT!!!
SBS 9671E - SBS 9690 A
Trident's better! 305 bhp! Rather than the VSO of 285 bhp.
xin1jun2
Senior Member

Joined: 30 Mar 2003
Posts: 1025



Send Message
22 May 2003 · 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xin1jun2     Edit Message     Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tranquilice:


ZYX, are you sure that the route of service 196 has never been changed before?

Wouldn't it be a duplication if service 196 follows service 198 route to Boon Lay, if the latter route remains the same?



the main structure of 196's route has never changed. except for the time sbs shortened it to bouna vista and many ppl made an uproar. i was so upset that time. i ahd to transfer bus just to get to school. eventually 196 was reinstated on the dover road route.

196 has sentimental values for me. been taking thebus since i went to sch. nowadyas i still can take the bus to NUS Smile.

i guess some of our suggesitons do tug at some sentimenal values for some of us. (like charles and 17)

ZYX


SBS Transit - Disconnecting Singapore
BOYCOTT THE RAT HOLE!!!
[1], 2  [>]  [>>]