<< Fanatics Site
<< Fanatics Shop
<< Fanatics Library
<< Fanatics Newsletter

Become a Supporting Member Your Login Info

Not a Member Yet?

Lord of the Rings Chess Sets
Lord of the Rings Caps Support the Plaza by becoming a Supporting Member

Forum Overview | Last Forum Posts | Last House Posts | Forum Stats | People On | Plaza Kingdoms | FAQ  

Lord of the Rings Fanatics Forum - Lothlórien - <font color="red">Athan Galadh 3
  All Forums
    Lothlórien
            Athan Galadh 3

Printer Friendly Version Post reply    Post New Topic

Leanan Sidhe Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 10:10
  Marchwarden of Lothlorien     Points: 4588     Posts: 9043     Days: 1178    View Leanan Sidhe's profileProfile Quote Leanan Sidhe's postQuote

Threads One and Two

Here begins an extensive and in depth look at Lorien, both Tolkien and Plaza, that will culminate in a piece for the KP. We want to make it a living and breathing place with maps, vivid and accurate descriptions, and anything else that you can come up with!

The name for this project is Athan Galadh, meaning ’Beyond the Trees’, and that’s where we intend to look!

A summary of what we achieved in the previous two threads, courtesy of Celebglin and Firien...

First of all, we need to stay true to Tolkien, this makes this Project strictly lore related at many points. We also, want this to be able to be a place of IC, where it would be possible to ’live’.

I think it would be valid to include that, though not decided, that the Lothlórien we live in on the Plaza, takes place between 1981 of the Third Age, to the end of the Third Age.

Plaza activities to be included in the project:

• The Royal Court of Caras Galadhon
  • Stargazers of Lothlórien
  • Gardens of Lórien
  • Lawn of Lórien
  • The Guilds
  • Glade of Honour
  • Lothlórien Guard
  • Quentalmo (Drill Team)
  • Debate Team
  • Forges of the Forest
  • Lothlórien Jewellery Association
  • Port of Lothlórien
  • Garment Crafters of Lothlórien
  • Library of Lothlórien
  • The Hollow
  • Seals of Signets of Singing Gold
  • The Mirror’s Editor Office
  • (Elfling Talan?)

Now, all activities have not yet been decided, but at least it seems we agree on some of them. This makes me think we should start with those activities we are sure of.

Teams:

There should be made teams, for different things that should be done. There is much to do, and to part the different things into teams, is a good thing. Each team should have a “Team coordinator”. The size of the teams, should be chosen after how much work there is to be done. Whether a person can only be on one team or not, there seems to be a disagreement in.

Here are the different teams:

Lore
There is much information about Lothlórien out there. Many places of importance in Lothlórien are described in the books. This team would write about these places, describe these places as good as possible, out from descriptions given in the books. Relevant places are:

• Caras Galadhon
  • Cerin Amroth
  • The river Nimrodel
  • The river Celebrant
  • The Naith (the Gore of Lórien)
  • The Tongue
  • Anduin
  • Others, there sure are other places out there, that could be described, but does maybe not have a certain name.

The Library of Lothlórien would be glad to help out here, with the lore.

Plaza and Tolkien-based activities
This team would describe the different Plaza Tolkien-based activities. Here maybe the thread runners could help, but for a good description of different telain (talans), this team could maybe get some help from the Telain of Lothlórien. This group would maybe work with the Map group, to place their activities. This group should maybe be split into Plaza activities and Tolkien-based activities.

Map(s)
They could start with making maps of Lothlórien, strictly Tolkien, and no IC activities included here. There should however, also be made maps of Lothlórien, IC based, so that both sides are pleased. There could also be made maps, that can be 1000 x 1000, where it is cut into pieces, and each piece is worked on separately. This team would also need to locate different places, both Tolkien and IC. They could maybe cooperate with the lore team on this point, and Plaza and Tolkien activities team from the IC activities. An idea would to include an IC of Caras Galadhon, with all the telain of importance.

Art
The art team would maybe draw; examples are telain, and different places around in our Woods. They could also find photos from the movie(s), to get a good picture of how it looks. Here maybe the Art Guild would be able to help out.

Editors
The editors would check grammar, typos, etc. A couple of people would maybe be enough.

HTMLizers
Obviously, they would do the HTML work, and put everything together on the Kingdom Pages.

There are also suggestions of deadlines for everything, to try to keep things moving, which it seems people agree on.

This is mainly what has been discussed so far, at least of the topics that have really be discussed.

So feel free to pick a team! Choose one right now and it can then be considered whether people can join multiple teams. The teams as they stand:

Project coordinator - Morrigan (Merl) - Silrana_Merlome@hotmail.com

Lore - Team thread HERE

Celebglin (team coordinator) - narhim9@hotmail.com
Smylytinuviel
Faelminiel - faelminiel@hotmail.com
Tari Fefalas - Amrunquessir@hotmail.com
Elende - ddeion80@hotmail.com
Arodholion - galadhrim_bowmaster@yahoo.com
Sulrin - Sulrin@aol.com

Plaza and Tolkien-based activities - Team thread HERE

Sedryn (team coordinator) - doctor_ing90@yahoo.com
Galderon - gadawgsfan1420002000@yahoo.com
Amalric - amalric7@yahoo.co.uk
Tari Avalonde - rjwatson59@yahoo.com
Anayaru - mlbean1@earthlink.net
Gumby_Elf

Map(s) - Team thread HERE

Firien Echui (team coordinator) - nimann20@hotmail.com
Melethron

Art - Team thread HERE

Celebrian Green (team coordinator) - black_cat_42@hotmail.com
Roawyn - londonbridge85@yahoo.com
Naurloth (team coordinator) - cerezas_07@yahoo.com
twinblades!
lotrinity - lotrinity@hotmail.com
Mystalica - mystalica@hotmail.com

Editors

Dincairwen (team coordinator) - kitty_cat_3_4@yahoo.com
Uruviel Lowen - Uruviel57@yahoo.com
Brillonnien - brillonnien@yahoo.com
Nenedhel - nenedhel@rediffmail.com

HTMLisers

Alatarwen (team coordinator) - LadyAlatarwen@comcast.net
Ista Sharrasi
Sultan Lionstar - negativeinfinity@gmail.com

So right now we’re really looking for Maps people and HTMLisers.
There is no need for people in Lore anymore.

Research thread is here

Leanan Sidhe Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 10:16
  Marchwarden of Lothlorien     Points: 4588     Posts: 9043     Days: 1178    View Leanan Sidhe's profileProfile Quote Leanan Sidhe's postQuote
Team coordinators ~ there are people on the lists in the top post, but can you tell me if they are active in this? Have they dropped by in your team threads to say they’re still interested in working on this? If not we can get them off the lists. ^_^

Lotrinity ~ I added you to the art team!
  Anayaru Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 11:56
  Guardian of the Golden Wood     Points: 3142     Posts: 2238     Days: 332    Anayaru is a Support MemberSupport   View Anayaru's profileProfile Quote Anayaru's postQuote
Is it too late to be added to one of the teams? I would like very much to added onto the plaza/ Tolkien based activities team. my email address is mlbean1@earthlink.net
  Dincairwen Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 13:25
  Guardian of the Golden Wood     Points: 3116     Posts: 3318     Days: 493    View Dincairwen's profileProfile Quote Dincairwen's postQuote
Just to let you know, my home computer has decided to crash on me again, so I'm stuck using those at school. If I don't reply or anything, I promise you that it is not intentional. I will try to get my computer fixed, or at least to get on every day.
  Mystalica Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 15:38
  Guardian of the Golden Wood     Points: 3045     Posts: 3010     Days: 553    View Mystalica's profileProfile Quote Mystalica's postQuote
Merl -  If it isn't too late, could I sign up for the art team? I've been considering it for a while now, and it seems like something I'd like to involve myself in. Thanks!
  Gumby_Elf Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 18:07
  Forester of Lothlorien     Points: 973     Posts: 932     Days: 360    View Gumby_Elf's profileProfile Visit Gumby_Elf's homepageHomepage Quote Gumby_Elf's postQuote
]B]Merl - I hope it is not to late to join in, but could I possibly lend a hand in the Plaza and Tolkien based activities team? I see that there are already 4 people though.
  Tari Avalonde Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 18:19
  Minstrel of Lothlorien     Points: 5141     Posts: 7686     Days: 695    Tari Avalonde is a Support MemberSupport   View Tari Avalonde's profileProfile Quote Tari Avalonde's postQuote
Merl, could you add The Mirror to the list of plaza activities in the top post?  Thanks!  Sedryn, since Galderon is AWOL, could we borrow Gumby Elf in his place?
  Sulrin Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 22:11
  Guardian of the Golden Wood     Points: 3943     Posts: 4010     Days: 658    View Sulrin's profileProfile Quote Sulrin's postQuote
  I too would also like to apply to be a part of a team, if it is not to late.
  Deleted Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 22:41
  Galadhrim Bowmaster     Points: 1547     Posts: 3584     Days: 1106    View Deleted's profileProfile Visit Deleted's homepageHomepage Quote Deleted's postQuote
Ooooh.. may I be part of the html team?
  Nenedhel Engrin Thursday, May 12, 2005 at 06:58
  Lady Galadriel     Points: 3052     Posts: 2251     Days: 661    View Nenedhel Engrin's profileProfile Visit Nenedhel Engrin's homepageHomepage Quote Nenedhel Engrin's postQuote
Merl: If you need anymore editors I'd like to be one.
  Leanan Sidhe Thursday, May 12, 2005 at 07:46
Anayaru ~ nope, it ain’t too late! Drop by in the team thread linked in the top post and tell Sedryn you’d like to help!

Cair ~ Alright. Hope you can get your computer fixed as soon as possible!

Myst ~ you’re in! ^^ Tell Naur and Bria in the team thread.

Gumby ~ There isn’t a people limit. Same as Ana, go to the team thread and tell Sed. ^^ And tell me your e-mail, please ^^

Tari ~ The Mirror’s Office? Good idea! I’ll add it and drop Sedryn a note too.

Sulrin ~ which team, dear? ^-^

Lionstar ~ but of course! What's your mail again?

Nenedhel ~ never hurts to have another editor. Welcome to the project. What's your e-mail address?
  Deleted Thursday, May 12, 2005 at 08:00
  Galadhrim Bowmaster     Points: 1547     Posts: 3584     Days: 1106    View Deleted's profileProfile Visit Deleted's homepageHomepage Quote Deleted's postQuote

negativeinifinty@gmail.com it be. i'll sign on aim now

Nenedhel Engrin Thursday, May 12, 2005 at 09:12
  Lady Galadriel     Points: 3052     Posts: 2251     Days: 661    View Nenedhel Engrin's profileProfile Visit Nenedhel Engrin's homepageHomepage Quote Nenedhel Engrin's postQuote
Thanks, Merl! Moi's e-mail is nenedhel@rediffmail.com
  Arod Almárëa Thursday, May 12, 2005 at 09:26
  Sentinel of Lothlorien     Points: 2089     Posts: 1537     Days: 221    View Arod Almárëa's profileProfile Quote Arod Almárëa's postQuote
I do so desire to join the Lore team.  But if that is not an option, I would humbly serve anywhere.
  Celebglîn Thursday, May 12, 2005 at 09:39
  Master of the Herd     Points: 12867     Posts: 15592     Days: 791    View Celebglîn's profileProfile Visit Celebglîn's homepageHomepage Quote Celebglîn's postQuote

Arodholion -- Sent you an e-mail back! So if Morrigan (Merl) is alright with, you're on the lore team!

Merl -- Stiffler2 has left the Plaza so you can remove him. For the rest of my team, not everyone have shown up in the thread, but those who have not, I have been and still are in contact with on IM, so they are still planning to stay and work. So as you can see, Arodholion asked to be on the Lore team, so if it is okay with you, he's got a spot there. Thanks.

Sulrin Thursday, May 12, 2005 at 12:00
  Guardian of the Golden Wood     Points: 3943     Posts: 4010     Days: 658    View Sulrin's profileProfile Quote Sulrin's postQuote
  Lore, I think.
  Leanan Sidhe Thursday, May 12, 2005 at 12:26
Lionstar, Nenedhel ~ sankyuu!

Arodholion ~ Well, you got your answer!  Welcome to the project. What's your e-mail?

Cele ~ alrighty. will do.

Sulrin ~ you have my blessing. Cele?
  Arod Almárëa Thursday, May 12, 2005 at 13:01
  Sentinel of Lothlorien     Points: 2089     Posts: 1537     Days: 221    View Arod Almárëa's profileProfile Quote Arod Almárëa's postQuote

My email is    

galadhrim_bowmaster@yahoo.com     

Diola lle!

Leanan Sidhe Friday, May 13, 2005 at 10:42

Edited it in Arodh. ^-^

Dincairwen Friday, May 13, 2005 at 20:11
  Guardian of the Golden Wood     Points: 3116     Posts: 3318     Days: 493    View Dincairwen's profileProfile Quote Dincairwen's postQuote
My computer is fixed, so I can go back to, err.. work, here. *g*
  Celebglîn Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 02:29
  Master of the Herd     Points: 12867     Posts: 15592     Days: 791    View Celebglîn's profileProfile Visit Celebglîn's homepageHomepage Quote Celebglîn's postQuote

Sulrin -- Welcome on the team! We do not have many places left to choose between, but come to the thread and choose!

Merl -- Thanks! Also, now that we have gotten Sulrin on the team as well, I don't think the lore team can take more members. We are pretty full now.

Firien Echui Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 06:30
  Wise one of Lothlorien     Points: 7947     Posts: 8366     Days: 742    Firien Echui is a Support MemberSupport   View Firien Echui's profileProfile Quote Firien Echui's postQuote
Merl ~ Melethron has been to the thread as has Nirvari, however the latter has since gone AWOL. I would think that it is safe now to remove her from the list. Also, there is a post directed at you in my team thread, so if you get a chance do stop by there and let me know what you think. Thanks!
  Leanan Sidhe Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 01:18
Yay, Cair!

Cele ~ alright, will put the message in the top post!

Firien ~ will do now. ^_^^

Sedryn and Naur/Bria ~ let me know about your teams!

Has anybody seen Wrenny lately?
  Leanan Sidhe Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 13:48

*apologies for double post.*

Firien! I see not many activity heads have reported in the maps thread. Perhaps it would be an idea to leave messages in their respective threads so that they are aware of it? ^-^

Naurloth Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 16:08
  Corsair     Points: 2986     Posts: 4464     Days: 1352    View Naurloth's profileProfile Visit Naurloth's homepageHomepage Quote Naurloth's postQuote
All of ours has reported in~ but we are all fairly dead, due to me. But fear not! That'll change soon! Tis just that I have finals at the moment, but by next week latest we will catch up. Though, all around there seems to be not much activity. *pokes*
  Naurloth Thursday, May 26, 2005 at 20:06
  Corsair     Points: 2986     Posts: 4464     Days: 1352    View Naurloth's profileProfile Visit Naurloth's homepageHomepage Quote Naurloth's postQuote
Change of email adress, by the way... cerezas_07@yah.oo.com. (take out the period between yahoo. That way it won't be full of spam). My last one got loaded down with spam, unfortunately. And where is everyone?*pokes all muchly* This project was going well but now it seems a bit slowed. Wake up!
  Naurloth Monday, May 30, 2005 at 17:27
Art people~ Please see thread asap. I’ve done the first pic.
  Leanan Sidhe Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 09:01
Okay, Naurkins. Edited in yer new e-mail.

TEAM COORDINATORS! I want a report on the progress as soon as possible.  Give me your deadlines (Sed, know yours. I'm not keeping to it, sowwy! ), what you have so far, etc.
  Firien Echui Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 12:30
  Wise one of Lothlorien     Points: 7947     Posts: 8366     Days: 742    Firien Echui is a Support MemberSupport   View Firien Echui's profileProfile Quote Firien Echui's postQuote
Merly ~ Well, sadly enough it seems my two fellow teammembers have disappeared at the moment, but I’ll be sending out e-mails shortly, so hopefully that will be rectified, and I’m still plugging away in the map department. So far I’m still just trying to find what I can about specific locations namely the borders of Lorien, and I want to work in toward Caras Galadhon from there.

Thanks for that idea by the way. Its a good one methinks and I’ll get right on that.
  Nenedhel Engrin Wednesday, June 01, 2005 at 04:01

Firien - I know that Leth (Melethron) is having a very busy time in RL right now. Just thought I would let you know.

Oh! And, Merl? I'm assuming editors are doing nothing at the moment since the other teams have to finish their work first, right? Just figured I'd clear this up just in case something is going on and I'm unaware of it!

Celebglîn Wednesday, June 01, 2005 at 04:12

Merl -- The deadline of the lore team, is today, June 1st. I have to be honest and say I do not know whether or not everyone get done. I have not received anything at this point, so I will have wait and see what happens by the end of today. I know that a lot of peoples have exams and finals at this time of the year, so that may be some of the reason(s). I for one, got my exam next week. *g*

Firien -- I guess you got Alcalata on your team? If so, I know that she is very busy now in RL. I don't know anything else though.

Dincairwen Wednesday, June 01, 2005 at 14:39
Nenedhel- Nope, we're not doing anything at the moment. At least I hope not.. it would be bad if I didn't know. Hmm.. anyone heard from Uruviel lately?
  Arod Almárëa Thursday, June 02, 2005 at 05:23

Sorry guys, as you say finals are here.  I have most of it done, probably 3/4.  I just need to add the last part, which I will do tonight and send it.  My apologies.                                                                                                                                                                               

"He who seeks wisdom is wise.  He who thinks he has obtained it is a fool."

Leanan Sidhe Saturday, June 04, 2005 at 09:21
I know all about exams. Luckily they're a few weeks away for me still. We can postpone deadlines till july if absolutely necessary I guess?

I know I'm terribly behind. *sets bad example*

Nen ~ as long as the writer teams have nothing written down there's not much to edit. *grin*
  Tyelce Sunday, June 05, 2005 at 07:27
  Galadhrim Bowmaster     Points: 1334     Posts: 1749     Days: 534    View Tyelce's profileProfile Visit Tyelce's homepageHomepage Quote Tyelce's postQuote
Looks like I'm a little late, but if there's still a demand for HTMLisers, I'd like to volunteer! *waves arms frantically to get attention* My email's etseles@hotmail.com.
  Arod Almárëa Sunday, June 05, 2005 at 09:20
That would be great.  Now that I am done with finals, It's all smooth sailing now. I Shall have the Anduin knocked out it no time.  Sorry if you were waiting on me, but besides my finals I also had a 30 page minimum paper on the personalitie's of the WW2 leaders, and their decisions.  15 minimum sources, so I have been reading alot.  thats what you get for taking history 499.  Anyhoo, I shall get to work ASAP.
  Leanan Sidhe Thursday, June 09, 2005 at 05:17
Seles ~ I have no idea where my html-ers went, I haven't seen Wrenny in ages. I ought to e-mail them, hmmm...

Arodh ~ lol, it's alright dear. We're not waiting just for you. *guilty look* I still have a ton of homework to do and instead I;m on here. (yay procrastination) but I know I probably won't have my part done this weekend. Great portion of it I hope, but not all.

Team coordinators ~ time forv weekly updates. How active is your crew, and what do you have received on writings/maps/drawings?
  Tyelce Thursday, June 09, 2005 at 06:02
  Galadhrim Bowmaster     Points: 1334     Posts: 1749     Days: 534    View Tyelce's profileProfile Visit Tyelce's homepageHomepage Quote Tyelce's postQuote
Leanan - Thanks for telling me that! *g* Well either way I'm still interested in helping out so I'll keep checking back to this thread for any updates regarding my application. Thanks again!
  Celebglîn Thursday, June 09, 2005 at 06:59
Merl -- Just a little update: I have given people time until 15th of June. I know some have had computer problems, and some are away, so I will see what comes out of it. I, myself, don't have any time to actually write up something for those who haven't yet. I will leave around the 20 of June, and will be gone for over a month. So if things aren't done in there before I leave, I will have to find someone to take my place as team coordinator.
  Naurloth Thursday, June 09, 2005 at 18:14
An update on the art team: It appears as tohugh everyone but Celebrian Green and I are dead. This is most unfortunate. However, I set a deadline of the 19th of this month and if they still haven't turned anything in or have yet to check in, they are gone. We have one picture that I have done. A question: Merl, where do we send things when we have finished them? Your email, the Ruler's email, or should you set up a seperate account?
  Leanan Sidhe Friday, June 10, 2005 at 11:21

Seles ~ no prob.

Cele ~ I hope people get things done in time. Otherwise, who could take over for you as team coordinator if it aint done in time, you think?

Naur ~ that's so unfortunate! Thwap them all hard? *g* An I dunno where to send things. I guess a new e-mail for it would be good. I'll send myself a gmail invite. *grins*

Celebglîn Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 11:12
Merl -- Okay, I now know I will leave at the 20th of June, so if we don't get done before that, someone else will have to take over for me. In any case, if this happens, I sure will find someone capable of doing so, I already have someone in mind, so don't you worry!
  Uruviel Lówen Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 23:11
  Archer of Lothlorien     Points: 589     Posts: 331     Days: 347    View Uruviel Lówen's profileProfile Quote Uruviel Lówen's postQuote

Cair, I'm still around. Taking peeks in here periodically. The end of the school year was pretty hectic, so I was glad to know that our editing part didn't come up until later in the project. My principal has asked me to take a different postion next year which required me to seek an additional certification. Still waiting on the test results. Had to pack up the classroom and send a lot of it to storage since I'll be sharing a room with another teacher and won't be needing everything. Out of town the last four days, but I should now be all settled in for summer break (outside of a few professional development days I'm required to attend). I notice I forgot to give my email...Uruviel57@yahoo.com. Ooops.

Leanan Sidhe Thursday, June 16, 2005 at 11:07
Cele ~ who will sub for you?

Uruviel ~ that's alright. I'll edit your e-mail in now. ^-^
  Celebglîn Sunday, June 19, 2005 at 14:44
Merl -- I am afraid I haven't had time to actually speak with someone about who is subbing for me, as my last days have been way too busy. Deeply sorry for this. However, I have chosen Faelminiel, who is the new Captain of Quentalmo. She will do a good job, if she agrees. Fael?
  Faelminiel Sunday, June 19, 2005 at 18:39
  Galadhrim Bowmaster     Points: 1973     Posts: 1322     Days: 323    Faelminiel is a Support MemberSupport   View Faelminiel's profileProfile Quote Faelminiel's postQuote
If it's okay with Merl I'll do it, tis no problem.
  Leanan Sidhe Monday, June 20, 2005 at 02:36

Alright! Great.

Firien Echui Friday, July 01, 2005 at 14:19
Merly ~ Just to give a bit of an update, I've got the Elfing talan and Visitor's talan locations, and I'm currently getting those added to the map. So we are making progress. Still working on a few other locations and I will let you know as those get done as well.
  Celebrían Green Saturday, July 02, 2005 at 06:53
  Galadhrim Bowmaster     Points: 1391     Posts: 1673     Days: 533    View Celebrían Green's profileProfile Visit Celebrían Green's homepageHomepage Quote Celebrían Green's postQuote

Merl~ We've now got 3 pictures, they're all in the Art Thread, and I think Naurloth has copies of them by e-mail too. (We also have Roawyn who is not dead , and probably Myst) I guess we're moving on to our next pictures now.

Leanan Sidhe Tuesday, July 05, 2005 at 03:15
Alright Firien, Bria! Thanks for the updates. I'm going to work on my own part and then I'll poke everyone so that we can maybe finish this before the beginning of the new school year! *g*

All team members/coordinators. how far along are you?
  Faelminiel Tuesday, July 05, 2005 at 11:38
  Galadhrim Bowmaster     Points: 1973     Posts: 1322     Days: 323    Faelminiel is a Support MemberSupport   View Faelminiel's profileProfile Quote Faelminiel's postQuote
There hasn't been much done on this side . I left a note to get an idea of what's going on, but it looks like I need to poke a person or two . Will be getting the final low-down of the situation in the next day or two and will let you know what's happening then.
  Maid Allian Sunday, July 24, 2005 at 10:31
  Manwë     Points: 17857     Posts: 20910     Days: 1395    View Maid Allian's profileProfile Visit Maid Allian's homepageHomepage Quote Maid Allian's postQuote
Hey guys! Just thought I'd pop in and see how things are coming along. If you've got anything to upload then give me a shout
  Leanan Sidhe Monday, July 25, 2005 at 11:08
Ally ~ I wish we did. But as you can see, this project is awfully dead. Alright, lets see if I can bring it back to life.

Team coordinators! I want you all to report in here, and I want every member of your team to report in here too. If your team is too small, advertise, get new people who would like to contribute! We'll get a fresh start, but I want this done mostly before I go on holidays! That is August 19, mind you. So, where are you all, and what have we all been doing that this is so dead?

I myself have been seriously neglecting this. Not afraid to admit it. Will change that asap. What about you?
  Dincairwen Tuesday, July 26, 2005 at 13:30
I'm here. There really isn't much Brill, Uruviel, Nen and I can do until something else is done.
  Brillonnien Tuesday, July 26, 2005 at 13:46
  Sentinel of Lothlorien     Points: 2714     Posts: 2192     Days: 461    Brillonnien is a Support MemberSupport   View Brillonnien's profileProfile Quote Brillonnien's postQuote
I'm still here, too. Just like Cair said though. *g*
  Tari Avalonde Tuesday, July 26, 2005 at 15:33
  Minstrel of Lothlorien     Points: 5141     Posts: 7686     Days: 695    Tari Avalonde is a Support MemberSupport   View Tari Avalonde's profileProfile Quote Tari Avalonde's postQuote
*cringes from Merl yelling*  I'm here, I'm still on Sed's team and I owe him a few things for the KP.  I'm working 16 hour days, traveling all over the place for my company, and having to post around a crazy schedule, but I will get to it way before August 19.  Sorry, Merl.
  Amalric Wednesday, July 27, 2005 at 05:27
  Marchwarden of Lothlorien     Points: 4656     Posts: 2857     Days: 648    View Amalric's profileProfile Quote Amalric's postQuote
I am still here, too! I have done one of my pages, and have two more to do, but I'll have them done in the next week, by which point I'll be able to help my team out with a couple more! I'm on Sed's team, and I know he's had "local difficulties" as regarding palantir access!
  Sulrin Thursday, July 28, 2005 at 00:53
  I'm still here.
  Naurloth Thursday, July 28, 2005 at 08:08
Currently the Art team is still about, I think 2 of us now are still doing pictures. I won't hesitate to email the others, which I'll do as soon as email stops going bonkers. Won't log me in properly. Thus far we have 3 pictures, and an photobucket account where we are all uploading them.
  Leanan Sidhe Thursday, July 28, 2005 at 10:59
Lol, Tari, I know RL comes first. I myself have only just continued where I had left off. Which was half a page in Word. *g*

Amalric, Sulrin, Cair, Brill ~ yay. ^^

Naur ~ glad to learn of the progress.

Keep it all coming all!
  Maid Allian Thursday, July 28, 2005 at 15:21
  Manwë     Points: 17857     Posts: 20910     Days: 1395    View Maid Allian's profileProfile Visit Maid Allian's homepageHomepage Quote Maid Allian's postQuote
Good to see you're back on track anyways ^_^
  Roawyn Thursday, July 28, 2005 at 19:30
  Forester of Lothlorien     Points: 779     Posts: 1021     Days: 467    View Roawyn's profileProfile Quote Roawyn's postQuote

I'm an Art Team person and am still here!

Celebrían Green Saturday, July 30, 2005 at 14:31
  Galadhrim Bowmaster     Points: 1391     Posts: 1673     Days: 533    View Celebrían Green's profileProfile Visit Celebrían Green's homepageHomepage Quote Celebrían Green's postQuote
I'm still here *waves*
  Nenedhel Engrin Monday, August 01, 2005 at 05:46
Am here, Merl!^^ Same excuse as Cair & Brill*g*.
  Firien Echui Monday, August 01, 2005 at 13:44
Merl ~ My team pretty much consists of only me at this point. There were two others but they haven’t been around in a while that I’ve seen. I’ll look around and see if anyone else is interested in working on the maps with me. I am here, however, and working.

Also, any threadrunners that might see this, I want to remind you to stop by HERE and let me know where your talan/activity would be located in Lothlorien, so I can get started on the Plaza map. Thanks! Merl, you can help with this. Stop by there and tell me where the guild mallorn is if you would.
  Amberle Amrun Monday, August 01, 2005 at 17:46
  Guardian of the Valley     Points: 1480     Posts: 1337     Days: 302    View Amberle Amrun's profileProfile Quote Amberle Amrun's postQuote
Merl, I didn't know the chance to still be invloved in this still existed, since my tempoary leave of abscense earlier. I have just checked in at the lore team meeting place. I'm signed up for the River Nimrodel and will be getting soemthing in a couple of days to you all. I'm excited to see this still goin on and to still have a chance to join in.
  Arod Almárëa Monday, August 01, 2005 at 22:23
I am here, and I apologize for not being involved.  I will not lie either, I totally forgot about my involvement.  I am on the Lore team, responsible for the Anduin topic.  If I have not already been completely kicked out, I would like re-commit to doing this.  However, I understand if I have been tossed to the Curb.  I shall await someones answer.  Again, my apologies. 
  Celebglîn Saturday, August 06, 2005 at 16:00

Merl -- I have just returned, and I am ready to continue my work as coordinator of the Lore team. I will try to get people to do some things there. I know people have been both away and busy lately. I will give you a new update soon, but at the moment, little work is done really.

Arod Bainon -- You have not been kicked out of the Lore team, and you still have the chance to do the Anduin topic. I would personally appreciate it a lot if you could do it! ^_^

Tári Fëfalas Monday, August 08, 2005 at 15:45
  Calaglin     Points: 2591     Posts: 1674     Days: 718    View Tári Fëfalas's profileProfile Quote Tári Fëfalas's postQuote
Welcome back, dear Celebglin *hugs you tight*  Okay I posted  my Cerin Amroth  in the Ultimate Lorien thread but i can re-post it here if you need me to?
  Faelminiel Monday, August 08, 2005 at 19:40
I'm still around, though I can't say much has been done by me *hides*, I'll try to as soon as possible, but it might be a few days before I can get a chance to do my little piece.
  Amberle Amrun Tuesday, August 09, 2005 at 10:26
  Guardian of the Valley     Points: 1480     Posts: 1337     Days: 302    View Amberle Amrun's profileProfile Quote Amberle Amrun's postQuote
Yes, welcome back Celeb....you were very much missed. So, Celeb, Fael, and Merl, working on the River Nimrodel piece, will have it out to you soon. Do I just email it to you Celeb? I'll check back here. I knew you wouldn't get kicked to the curb Arod..lol.
  Celebglîn Tuesday, August 09, 2005 at 12:48

Tári -- That would not be needed. Thank you though, I appreicate it! ^_^ *hugs tight back*

Fael -- I know that you are busy of course, I totally understand that of course. I do hope that you have the chance to finish your lore piece soon of course.

Smyly -- I have sent you an e-mail, though I assume it was sent to a more private e-mail than the one in your profile, seeing as we have had contact in the past. However, I would appreciate if you could post your work in the lore thread in my house. And also, thank you for wishing me welcome back.

Ikali Dunami Thursday, August 11, 2005 at 00:41
  Forester of Lothlorien     Points: 691     Posts: 1348     Days: 719    View Ikali Dunami's profileProfile Visit Ikali Dunami's homepageHomepage Quote Ikali Dunami's postQuote
Is is to late to sign up for the art team? I'd be happy to do anything, but art is my chosen career in rl, so I know a lil bit about art.
  Naurloth Thursday, August 11, 2005 at 17:32

Ikali~ That is no problem at all! Just follow the link to my house at the top of the thread, pick a project, and post, telling us!

Yea, everyone, I'm a minion. And time is slowly slipping away from me, so I'll stay with the art team as long as I can. Which will be for another week. But yall can still use my house. Hope it's ok with you Merl?

Leanan Sidhe Friday, August 12, 2005 at 15:23

Nene, Cair, Brilly ~ If you want to help with any of the other things... please do!

Cele ~ whee! welcomes back!

Naur ~ of course it's ok with me!

Aduiadiel Sunday, August 14, 2005 at 18:39
  Sentinel of Lothlorien     Points: 2021     Posts: 2891     Days: 1251    View Aduiadiel's profileProfile Quote Aduiadiel's postQuote
Hullo all.  As of now I have some spare time and can help out.  Since I'm not an HTMLiser I could help out in maps.  Firien, just let me know what you need!
  Dincairwen Monday, August 15, 2005 at 06:36
Merl- What exactly are we allowed to help with? Or rather, which subjects have yet to be claimed and written about? I'm not horribly artistic, so helping the art team is a bit out of the question.
  Leanan Sidhe Monday, August 15, 2005 at 14:01
Just team up with what any team strikes your fancy and see if they have a job for you. *g*
  Tári Fëfalas Tuesday, August 16, 2005 at 08:37
  Calaglin     Points: 2591     Posts: 1674     Days: 718    View Tári Fëfalas's profileProfile Quote Tári Fëfalas's postQuote
Well i am fairly good at digital art (I use Photoshop7 and PsP) and I have already submitted some stuff for the Lore team so anyone I can help with for the art? *L*
  Amberle Amrun Wednesday, August 17, 2005 at 12:34
Cele, Fael, and Merl I have posted my piece in the Lore Team's meeting place; Celeb's house, thanks, had fun, hope it's ok and I hope I can do more.
  Leanan Sidhe Wednesday, August 17, 2005 at 13:27
Tari F ~ Lol, I sure think you can!

Smyly ~ great! Well, perhaps Cele has something more you can do?

Eeh, I'm still not finished with my part of the work. *sighs and blushes in shame* I'll take it with me on holidays. In the meantime, well, I guess you all know what to do and don't really need an over-all coordinator, right?  I hope to see this lots more advanced when I return in 2 weeks, September 2!
  Celebglîn Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 03:52

~ Lore Team ~
~ Attention ~

We need to get things done! We still have three places to write about:

• Caras Galadhon ~ Faelminiel
  • The river Anduin ~ Arodholion
  • The Tongue ~ Elendë
  • As you can see, these three places are assigned to others. I will personally try to contact each of you, and see if you are still around. Though, Fael, Arodholion and Elendë, if you see this, please tell me you are here within Sunday.

By Sunday, I will open these "articles" for those of the lore team that have finished what they are supposed to write about, and are willing to do some extra work.

~ Lore Team ~
    ~ Attention ~

Smyly -- Read above!  And your piece was great!

Ikali Dunami Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 04:01
      Forester of Lothlorien     Points: 691     Posts: 1348     Days: 719    View Ikali Dunami's profileProfile Visit Ikali Dunami's homepageHomepage Quote Ikali Dunami's postQuote
    Cele- I will contact Arod if you want, he's my son-in-law
      Celebglîn Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 04:09
    Ikali -- That would be most appreciated if you could do that. Please just tell him to come to this thread.  Thank you!
      Amberle Amrun Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 08:44
    Thank you Celeb and Merl , and yes; let me know if there if I can help out. Firien and Melethron, if you need help with the maps let me know. Celeb, I was thinking, do you think if I did something like a summary of sorts on Elves and people who have some sort of tie into Lorien, like a listing and a brief summary about their tie into Lorien, that it could be used for what we're doing here? I'll check back with you here.
      Celebglîn Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 09:45
    Smyly -- If you check out THIS(<--link) article written by Aduchil, I think that this is maybe what you are thinking of. Let me know if it is something similiar, because from what I understood, it is. And well, if so, I don't want to say too much actually about it. Seeing that something like this exist on the Kingdom Pages, I would assume that the rulers and Ally would not want two almost similiar articles on the KP. Of course, if Merl or Ally feels this is needed for the project, then that is another case. Anyway, to make it short at the end, wait a bit and see. But first, let me know if the article by Aduchil is what you had in mind. ^_^
      Arod Almárëa Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 21:15
    Sorry guys.  I have finished the Anduin piece.  It is saved on my computer at work.  lol    *looks innocent.*    I shall upload and send it tommorrow evening.   It needs a few finishing touches.      Sorry that I have not kept you up day to day on its progress.  RL has been hectic as of late, but is no excuse.  Thanks for waiting on me!   I will post it ASAP.
      Celebglîn Friday, August 19, 2005 at 03:46

Arod -- Thank you for checking in here, it's appreciated. I understand that RL has been hectic, so no worries. But thanks for almost being done with the piece. Post it when you can!

I have been in contact with Fael as well, who also is done with her piece, she just needs to post it. That leaves Elendë left, and since he has not been on the Plaza for 20 days, I don't expect to hear from him I am afraid.

Amberle Amrun Friday, August 19, 2005 at 04:54
    Cele, Fael, and Merl, I looked at Aduchil's piece and no, that isn't what I meant, Cele. I meant like a listing of beings, Elves, Hobbits, Men, etc. who have a tie with Lorien, and a brief summary of the tie that person had with Lorien next to thier name. What do you think? Firien and Methron, I'm still offering assistance to you with the maps if you need any
      Celebglîn Friday, August 19, 2005 at 06:21
    Smyly -- I honestly am not sure whether or not we could use this. We are basicly focusing on the places in Lothlórien in this Project. However, if you write something like this up, and we do not use it, maybe we can get it on the Kingdom Pages anyway, just that it would be a part of something else there. So, I will leave the choice to you, or you can go to The KP of Lorien(<--link) and ask Ally what she thinks of the idea.
      Amberle Amrun Friday, August 19, 2005 at 07:18
    Avaro naeth, Celeb....I left a post for Ally in the thread for the KP. Thanks for that advice, gwador nin , but if you think of anything else that can go into this then let me know, I really enjoyed doing this, and if I come up with anymore ideas, I'll pass them along to you, Celeb. Oh, and Celeb, by The Tongue I assume you mean Sindarin/Quenya. Is it basically putting together a dictionary of sorts with like words and phrases?
      Celebglîn Friday, August 19, 2005 at 07:57
    Smyly -- For further discussion about anything that concerns the Lore team, or has anything to do with it, I think we will keep in the Lore Team(<--link) thread in my house. I hope you understand.
      Celebrían Green Saturday, August 20, 2005 at 22:00
    Merl/ Whom it may concern- Firstly, sorry I didn't give any prior warning, but: I'm not ging to be here for the next two weeks, but I've asked the art team to post anything they've got between now and when I get back, there shouldn't be too many problems arising...really sorry about this! Got to run...
      Galadriel Nenya Wednesday, August 24, 2005 at 02:32
      Sentinel of Lothlorien     Points: 2512     Posts: 3152     Days: 963    View Galadriel Nenya's profileProfile Quote Galadriel Nenya's postQuote
    Is it too late to help out the art team??? I wasn't able to go online before because I was really busy in RL so I haven't seen this thread and couldn't apply myself for help! But since I am a thread runner of art guild I'd really like to help out the art team!

Land of myths and fantasy,created by the prophecy ~ Rana
    Scea
      Celebglîn Wednesday, August 24, 2005 at 02:55
    Galadriel Nenya -- The team coordinators are the ones in charge of the art team, so they will have to reply to you in the thread. I think however, that they could use some help over there. Both team coordinators are done, so try and see whether any of the members there think you could be of help.
      Celebrían Green Tuesday, September 06, 2005 at 05:08
    We could indeed use your help Galadriel Nenya, welcome aboard hehe
      stiffler2 Thursday, September 15, 2005 at 06:49
      Orophin     Points: 1157     Posts: 1061     Days: 333    View stiffler2's profileProfile Visit stiffler2's homepageHomepage Quote stiffler2's postQuote

Okay, I am just copying this question to here, so that it will be answered. It was not yet answered, so I am copying it. Anyway, here is my question.

I as looking through AThan Galahd the hread, and I noticed that there were only two members to the maps team. I was wondering if I may become a member of this team. Is there anything that i must do to prove myself able to do this?

Celebglîn Wednesday, September 21, 2005 at 03:08
    Stiffler2 -- Merl (Leanan Sidhe) is in charge of the project, and Firien is in charge if the map team, so I cannot give you any answer whether or not you can join. However, I will poke them over here so they see your post, and can answer you. I am sure some help would be appreciated though. Thank you for your patience.
      stiffler2 Wednesday, September 21, 2005 at 05:51
      Orophin     Points: 1157     Posts: 1061     Days: 333    View stiffler2's profileProfile Visit stiffler2's homepageHomepage Quote stiffler2's postQuote

And thank you, Celebgiln, for helping me. Yes, it has been a while sinbce I posted this question, so I hope that they do come quickly to see my post. Anyway, thanks again!

Now, just so that everyone knows, I do not mind where I work. I just thought I would be of more help in maps. But, then, I don't know.

Leanan Sidhe Thursday, September 22, 2005 at 11:26
    Oops, sorry!

Well, I think it would be lovely if you will strengthen the map team, but it's Firien's call in the end. Have you any experience in map-making?
      Erestor. Sunday, September 25, 2005 at 08:23
      Guardian of the Golden Wood     Points: 3000     Posts: 5012     Days: 1059    View Erestor.'s profileProfile Visit Erestor.'s homepageHomepage Quote Erestor.'s postQuote
    Map team. (Firien)
    Are you considering adding the Elfling Talan to the map as a movable place in Caras Galadhon? If it of course a purely plaza invented entity, but the kingdom pages are a mirror of both Tolkien’s Lorien and ours, I assume. Placement would be anywhere within the city walls, and often moved about - one would guess that the hosts (moderators) took turns having it in their homes. The latter of course makes it impractical for the map, but perhaps a footnote could explain the migrating nature of the talan? The Sindarin elves were after all big on migrating before Galadriel settled them.
      stiffler2 Friday, September 30, 2005 at 05:43
    Well, I have done some things with map making, so I suppose that I am experienced with this. I have drawn maps before of Helm's Deep when I had not yet seen the Movie or any other maps, and I was farely accurate with it. Just a few minor details missed. Anyway, yes, I could help with the map-making, if I am needed. Otherwise, I can help with anything you all would like me to help with.
      Celebglîn Saturday, October 01, 2005 at 15:42
    Merl -- I thought I'd give you a little update of how the Lore Team is doing. We are almost done. Faelminiel, Tári Fëfalas, Smylytinuviel, Sulrin, Arod Bainon and Beleg (now a minion with name Ulkûrz) are done with their articles. So, there is only one article left, and that one is written by Elendë. He is absent due to RL, from reasons I will not say here, but from what I have heard, he is done with the article, just waiting for a chance to send it. ^_^
      Leanan Sidhe Sunday, October 02, 2005 at 03:39
    Oh Cele, that's great. You'd be the first team to be done. Lol.
      Celebrían Green Tuesday, October 04, 2005 at 11:32
    Everybody seems to be dead on the Art Team, apart from Ikali, it's a lot my fault, as I haven't been on for 2 weeks, but nobody's posting at the moment =S. I'll try and send out some nagging e-mails again, and erm, more advertising. I think we have about 4 pics so far: Architecture Guild, Guard Uniform/Guard, Art Guild and Cerin Amroth, with another - the Lawns- promised soon from Ikali. Could we possibly move a thread into a forum, as it's impossible to bump the thread in an almost unused house?
      Cpt_Joblikas Saturday, October 08, 2005 at 05:52
      Archer of Lothlorien     Points: 484     Posts: 174     Days: 90    View Cpt_Joblikas's profileProfile Quote Cpt_Joblikas's postQuote

Is it too late for me to apply to the plaza and tokien-based activities?

Leanan Sidhe Thursday, October 20, 2005 at 10:01

Bria ~ ask Ecaps and Nene about a thread.

Joblikas ~ nope. e-mail Sedryn, his e-mail is in the top post.

Thread Closed!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login

If you are not already registered you must first Register to use the forum