BG II: Throne of Bhaal Patches
Please see our complete list of BG II: Throne of Bhaal support resources for additional BG II: Throne of Bhaal help.
Patch version 26498
The following is a list of the major items fixed in the Baldur's Gate II:
Throne of Bhaal Patch version 26498. This is also found in the patch readme
(BG2-ToBPatchReadMe.txt) after the patch is installed.
You can download the patch below
- Two new items added! A Gold Ioun stone and a Silver Ioun stone have been
added into Throne of Bhaal.
- Adds to the Adventure Mart in Shadows of Amn the merchant Deidre and the
special items from the Collector's Edition of SoA.
- Fixes a stutter bug experienced by some players that caused the game to
pause momentarily every few seconds while playing.
- Fixes the NPC "X appears busy" bug associated with Win2K and
- Fixes the problem where WinDoctor or other registry checking/cleaning
programs would erase the BG2: Throne of Bhaal registry entry
- Fixes the incorrect calculation of the assassin backstab modifier when
importing an assassin character from Shadows of Amn to Throne of Bhaal
- Fixes the party-splitting bug where players would make the in-game
transition from the end of Shadows of Amn directly into the start of Throne
of Bhaal and have some characters left behind in Shadows of Amn
- At level 20, the Jester bardsong ability also gains stun and slow in
addition to confusion.
- New keymap file fixes the problem where certain keys could not be
assigned. Some of these keys are now no longer assignable from the config
program due to localization reasons (though can be assigned manually - read
on). This new keymap file will replace your current keymap.ini file which
means that you will lose all of the key mappings if you have made any. Your
current keymap.ini will be renamed to keymap.ini.ToBpatch.backup when the
patch is run. To restore all your key mappings after running the patch, copy
the entire section from keymap.ini.ToBpatch.backup and replace the one in
keymap.ini for the following sections:
[Keymap Quick Slots]
[Keymap Priest Spells]
[Keymap Wizard Spells]
[Keymap High Level Abilities]
- High level Sorcerer characters who already have 10th level spells from SoA,
will no longer permanently lose them when reselecting their spells upon
transition/import into ToB. In fact, they need no longer need to reselect
any of their spells. Lower level sorcerers (below 2.95 million XP) will
still have to reselect their spells, but this gives them the chance to
choose different spells to use in ToB.
- The icon and the kit description for the Blade now have identical name for
the same ability.
- Fixes the bug where dialogues for unfinished quests from SoA would show up
- Fixes the bug where Greater Restoration scrolls would appear as Lesser
Restoration in the Quick-Item slot.
- Fixes bug where a second drow woodcutter was duplicated both inside and
outside the cabin if he initially followed you inside.
- Fixes rare bug where the game would lock in cutscene mode if the Spectator
is attacked before the cutscene involving Captain Egeissag initiates.
- Fixes the problem where Wild Mages created in SoA would not get the
opportunity to learn Improved Chaos Shield. The spell now automatically
appears in the 7th level page of the spellbook at the start of SoA.
- Wild Mages are now viewable in the Character Viewer program.
- Fixes bug where stackable items (eg. potions) would not stack when buying
them at the store, hence filling up your inventory slots with one item each.
The items will stack correctly now when buying them in the store screen.
- Fighter/Druids can now put two proficiency points in Two-handed and
- Fixes the bug where the Rest Until Healed option wouldn't work in all
- Fixes a bug where dual-classed characters lose their inherent abilities.
- Fixes bug where Carras the smuggler would not offer special items after
fighting the monks.
- Fixes bug where monsters were duplicated when transitioning across areas.
- Fixes bug where drow scimitars would kill bards instantly.
- Fixes the rare bug where players could enter into Balthazar's monastery
through the locked door in the Amkethran graveyard without using the key.
- Fixes rare bug where players could not progress to the 2nd level of
Watcher's Keep after killing all the statues.
- Fixes the problem in the Config program where changing the Graphic slider
would enable the 3D acceleration setting.
- As a clarification, Multi and dual class characters gain their first high
level ability at the equivalent XP mark as a single class character.
Everybody gets their first high level ability at approx 3 million xp, give
or take a few thousand. This was done to allow multi and dual class
characters to enjoy the benefits of high level abilities before the end of
- Fixes the Jaheira Romance in Shadows of Amn (special thanks to Kevin
Dorner and Michael Kurela!)
Multiplayer Specific fixes:
Notes about the patch:
- Fixes the multiplayer bug where Sarevok keeps repeating his first line of
dialogue after the player makes the in-game transition from Shadows of Amn
to Throne of Bhaal.
- Fixes bug in multiplayer where SoA save games were displayed on the ToB
multiplayer or single player Load Screens after quitting from a ToB
- Fixes the multiplayer bug where a client would quit a SoA game and host a
ToB game, when in fact they would be hosting a SoA game.
- Fixes the multiplayer bug where simulacrums were allowed to join your
party. They can no longer join your party.
- Fixes a rare multiplayer bug where setting a snare while saving would
crash the game.
- Most fixes are not retroactive. The patch will prevent certain bugs from
happening, but it won't magically fix your save games.
- Your save games will be functional after the patch.
- You can install this patch overtop of BG2: Throne of Bhaal, whether it is
unpatched or Beta patched.
- For Multiplayer, only same version games can play with same version games.
People without the patch won't be able to play with people with the BETA
patch, nor with people with the final patch.
- Once the patch is installed, the only way to go back to an unpatched
version of BG2: Throne of Bhaal is to uninstall and reinstall BG2: Throne of
- If you need to reinstall the patch you can do so at any time as the patch
simply overwrites the files.
- If you are mirroring this patch file on your web site, please shoot an
e-mail to email@example.com so we
can update the mirror list.
[Back to Top]
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal English Patch version
26498 - 8 MB
This patch is only intended for users playing an English version of the game,
whether it is a UK or North American English version.
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal European Patch version 26498 - 8 MB
This patch is only intended for users playing the German, French, Italian or
Spanish versions of Throne of Bhaal (English UK players should download the
English patch instead). The list of fixes is the same as the English patch
[Back to Top]
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal BETA Patch version 26499 – 4.2 MB
This BETA patch is being provided to fix a particular issue with the Throne
of Bhaal 26498 patch. If you are having a problem with save and load times
noticeably increasing, the new Throne of Bhaal 26499 BETA patch has been found
to resolve the problem. The patch is applicable to the English, German, French,
Italian, and Spanish versions of Throne of Bhaal.
Note: Please keep in mind that this patch has received limited testing and so
is marked as BETA. You should only install this if you are having very slow save
and load times in Throne of Bhaal. If you are not experiencing these problems,
do not install this. Installation of the 26499 BETA patch must only be done
after the 26498 patch is installed.
To repair a slow saving/loading saved game, you must first have the BETA
patch installed. The patch installer copies a new BGMain.exe into your Baldur’s
Gate II root directory. Then start the game and load the affected game (with the
slow loading time), and resave it (the saving time will continue to be slow at
this point). The save game has now been fixed and future saving/loading of the
saved game will now take the normal amount of time. This new BETA patched
version of Throne of Bhaal is still multiplayer compatible with the 26498
patched version of the game.
Still having problems? Just shoot us an e-mail at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see what we can do!