Voting Begins December 5, 2005 and ends December 15, 2005
Have you voted for Generation Why?yet?
Category: "Best of the Top 501 - 1000 Blogs"
IF NOT... DO IT NOW! You'll feel better about yourself.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Details are still emerging on the story of the suicide bombing Saturday night just 100 yards from 84,000 football fans attending the OU-Kansas State game. Authorities are still just calling it a simple suicide, but the information coming out seems to paint a much more sinister picture.
8. Update 10/07/05 - The Justice Dept. is moving to seal the search warrant. Why?
19. In or about early July 2000, Mohammed Atta (#11) and Marwan al-Shehhi (#175) visited the Airman Flight School in Norman, Oklahoma.
34. On or about September 29, 2000, ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI contacted Airman Flight School in Norman, Oklahoma using an e-mail account he set up on September 6 with an internet service provider in Malaysia.
45. On or about February 26, 2001, ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI opened a bank account in Norman, Oklahoma, depositing approximately $32,000 cash.
46. Between on or about February 26, 2001, and on or about May 29, 2001, ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI attended the Airman Flight School in Norman, Oklahoma, ending his classes early.
48. In or about March 2001, ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI joined a gym in Norman, Oklahoma.
53. In or about June 2001, in Norman, Oklahoma, ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI made inquiries about starting a crop dusting company.
65. Between on or about July 29 and August 2, 2001, in Norman, Oklahoma, ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI made several telephone calls from public telephones to a number in Duesseldorf, Germany ("German Telephone # 2").
I hope this was just a sick, twisted kid.
Update: Welcome Instapundit readers. Please take a moment to look around while you're here.
Update 2: Mark Tapscott has new information about the contents of Hinrichs' car and the area surrounding the bomb site.
Among the items listed on the inventory are "13 plastic bottles" in the trunk. ... a tree near where Hinrichs' bomb detonated displays a number of small round holes and some areas of a metallic substance. The holes and substance are only on the side facing the bench on which Hinrichs was seated when the bomb detonated. The holes appear to be about the size of the head of 16 penny nail... One of Hinrichs' neighbors told Tapscott's Copy Desk today that he believed Hinrichs lived with "three or four Arab guys."
Update 3: OU President Boren said, "Prior to the game, the entire stadium was swept by the expert bomb teams with the help of dogs." Was this just standard operating procedure, or had there been a threat?
Update 4: Here's another good roundup.
Update 5: News9 is reporting, "One OU senior, Adam Smith, of Oklahoma City, however, said a stadium guard Saturday night told him “a guy had sprinted off” outside Gate 6 after refusing to let his backpack be searched. There have been reports Hinrichs had a backpack with him when the bomb went off."
Update 6: Here are some communications during the event:
Update 7: Related story? Another college, another large crowd, another threat of bombs?
The Rolling Stones' concert at the University of Virginia was interrupted Thursday night while several police officers and three bomb-sniffing dogs searched the stage.
Update 8: And another? Yet another college campus, yet another explosive device. Los Angeles Police Department bomb squad inspected and detonated an explosive device found near the UCLA campus.
Update 9: And still another? Three explosive devices found in a courtyard between two Georgia Tech dormitories on the East Campus Monday morning were part of a "terrorist act," an Atlanta police official said. One of the devices exploded, injuring the custodian who found them inside a plastic bag. Two others were detonated by a bomb squad. Reports are that the devices were "fashioned from plastic bottles" - remember the inventory of OU bomber, Joel Hinrich's car included 13 plastic bottles.
Update 10: SeeBS seems to be trying to justify its lack of coverage. They're all over the stories of "Christian fundamentalists" planting bombs at abortion clinics. Are they afraid of this one because the evidence thus far may point to a muslim-based fanatic? Is this political correctness run amok?