at the University of Surrey
Centre for Communication Systems Research
University of Surrey, Guildford GU2 7XH
England, United Kingdom
An introduction to our Centre is available, as is
news from the Centre. Read our 2003 Annual Report.
We are located on the University of Surrey's main campus in the Surrey Space Centre, Building BA.
Maps and directions for visitors are available.
Research seminars at the Centre
cover a variety of topics.
Attendance for visitors must be confirmed by prior arrangement.
The Research Excellence 2004 Awards papers are now available.
- Research projects and publications
The tangible results of our research work:
- Research projects
- an overview of the collaborative projects that we are involved in and contribute to.
- Research overview
- an overview of our chosen areas of interest and current research topics.
- information on our recent academic output, at conferences and in journals.
- The educational and professional development that we offer:
- Careers and
- where to begin if you want to work for or do research with us.
- Masters courses
- read about our taught courses related to our areas of research.
- Continuing education and professional development
- our short courses, providing specialist knowledge to industry.
- Research groups
Our research divides into three main areas, each with a dedicated research group:
- Mobile Communications Research Group
- cordless, cellular and satellite communications.
- Multimedia and Digital Signal Processing Research Group
- compression, transmission, signal processing, modulation and coding.
- Networks Research Group
- network & service management, Internet technologies, broadband & satellite networking.
- group members - our staff, researchers and postgraduate research students.
- Local resources
- Assorted material of interest to surfers:
- Mirroring services
- local mirrors of IETF RFCs and drafts, and for the network simulator ns.
- Here you can search our webserver, the University of Surrey, universities in the United Kingdom, or the entire web for information: