At the regular meeting of October 25, 2005 the Board of Trustees of Seine River School Division:
1. Approved the addition of 2.0 FTE teaching positions to address staffing concerns resulting from increased enrolments.
2. Moved that the Secretary-Treasurer be authorized to submit the final copy of the 2004-2005 audited financial statements to the Minister of Education as required under Section 41(14) of the PSA.
3. Ratified the award of the tender for the Ste. Anne Complex grooming room to Parkwest Projects Ltd. in the amount of $66,706.00 (plus applicable taxes).
4. Accepted the resignation of Trustee Robert Page effective October 31, 2005.
Moved to leave the trustee position vacant until it is filled at the next election which will be held on October 25, 2006.
5. Moved to purchase from MTS Communications, the equipment relating to Phase II of the Local Area Network upgrade project and that the project funding be increased by $40,000.00 from Surplus.
6. Roy Seidler welcomed Tammy McCallum, Chris Huppe, Simon Laplante, Doug Proch, and Helen Grandmont, members of the SRSD Wellness Committee.
The SRSD – Health & Wellness Committee Operational Plan was presented to the Board, outlining 4 priority areas: Communication, Morale, Physical Activity and Stress Management.
Approved up to $10,000.00 to allow the committee to proceed with some of the recommendations outlined in the plan and that the concept be included in the annual budget process.
7. Referred the request from the St. Norbert Immersion Advisory Council to the Finance and Operations Committee to investigate and to find out what is required in all SRSD schools with respect to canteen areas.
8. Moved to purchase a large wreath for the Remembrance Day Service in Ste. Anne, Manitoba. Trustee Bergson will be in attendance.
9. Chairperson Bloomfield presented Trustee Page with a token of appreciation for his 3 years of service at a SRSD trustee.
10. Teresa Yestrau and Penny Hovorka-Alcock gave a presentation on SRSD’s English as a Second Language program.
11. Adjourned at 10:10 p.m.
The next board meeting will be held at the Division Office in Lorette, MB on Tuesday, November 8, 2005 at 8:00 p.m.