March 7 2004 at 4:40 AM
Score 2.0 (1 person)
Kattfish 

Students in some schools are subject to the paddle
as long as they are in school, even today. But just
who is the oldest person who was given either a
spanking/paddling at high school or a detention and
for what?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Re: oldest spanked or given school detention

No score for this post
March 7 2004, 5:21 AM 

I have read somewhere of young men in their early 20s - maybe up to 22 - being caned in Australian schools in the 1970s - they were migrant students sent to high schools to learn English.

Can't think exactly where I read that - it was a while ago. I think I'll need to go through my books again.

Re: Re: oldest spanked or given school detention

No score for this post
March 7 2004, 2:01 PM 

I was last caned at school when I was 16 ... my last detention was the same year.

Peter

A request

No score for this post
March 7 2004, 3:10 PM 

There have been some great posts on this forum this weekend and if Lady Pandora were to send the details of her last, or any, school caning, it would bring it to a perfect conclusion.

Re: Re: oldest spanked or given school detention

No score for this post
March 8 2004, 5:15 AM 

I've found the reference I was thinking of. As it turned out I was slightly misremembering the details, but as it's been around 10 years or so since I looked at this, I don't think I was that off.

The incident is described in Appendix B of the (Australian) Human Rights Commission, Discussion Paper No.1 Corporal Punishment In Schools and the Rights of the Child, issued in March 1983, prepared by Dr Helen Ware.

Appendix B consists of 3 'Incident Report Forms' collected by PTAVE (Parents and Teacher Against Violence in Education). The first of these three forms concerns the case I remembered. I don't have time at the moment to make the whole case study available (although it is free of Copyright).

It took place in 1981 (not the 1970s as I believed) and involved 2 18 year olds, 3 19 year olds, 2 20 year olds, and 2 21 year olds being caned at a NSW State Boys High School. All the students were Vietnamese migrants, which probably serves to explain their presence in a high school at such an advanced age - it was fairly common practice for migrant students only a few years older than the the normal school leaving age to attend regular school at that time.)

The study describes two incidents - in the first only one person was caned - 21 year old male given two strokes of the cane on his left hand for running in a metalwork classroom.

In the second, all 9 were given one stroke each across the hand for 'forgetting' (quotation marks indicating euphemism are in the original report) to bring their sports gear to school.

squirrel

sixth formers

No score for this post
March 10 2004, 9:50 PM 

In the UK it was unusual, but certainly not unknown, for 6th-formers (who might be 17 or at a pinch even 18) to get the cane. Two boys' senior high schools in Croydon - Selhurst and Purley - were still doing this occasionally in the early 1980s, a fact revealed when the local council was pressured into releasing CP statistics collated from its schools' punishment books.

Seth

Re:

No score for this post
March 11 2004, 3:16 AM 

Rupert Everett who was caned in the movie 'Another Country' must have been in his twenties, at the time.

At my school, members of the rugby first XV were said to have been caned if they lost a match. Not very sporting but it fits with the spartan ethos of the school. They were big lads, 17 - 18 years old, definitely younger than Rupert Everett.

Re canings

No score for this post
July 5 2005, 5:41 AM 

I was caned at the age of 19 in a U.K. grammar school 1968. I'd stayed on for 3rd. year 6th. after A levels to do Cambridge entrance (unsuccesful) & had turned 19 in early July 1 week before the end of the school year.
In that last week, with nothing to do & my place at Bristol University unconditional, I'd skived off the afternoon to go to the swimming pool in Northampton.
Result - bend over & touch toes for 4 strokes in the Head's study. I admit it was far from being my first time, but the whole procedure was no different from when I was a 14-year-old; he didn't seem to differentiate.
At the time, one of my former classmates from primary school who'd gone through the Sec. Mod. and left at 15 was married & had a new baby girl!

KK

A convenient expedient

No score for this post
July 5 2005, 7:44 AM 

End of school year caning of senior boys was relatively common in earlier times in my experience. Caning provided a quick, easy and relatively "painless" solution to an otherwise intractable problem. Discipline would be seriously compromised if no action was taken and other, younger boys followed suit. Many thought it much better just to cane than to take other measures, assummimg other measures were available.

Thank you for your response

No score for this post
July 6 2005, 3:35 AM 

Thank you for your response. I can see that he probably took the 'easy option', & I had in fact gone out after he had refused me permission already so it was what was called in those days 'straight defiance'. Also, I was only 19 by a couple of days and I'm sure he wasn't aware of this.
My point is that his ONLY response was to hit; it was the panacea for all ills, regardless of age.
As a schoolmaster until 1991 I administered my fair share of CP; it was indeed the 'easy option'. Now older, I hope wiser and working in FE, I question the whole concept. Exactly what was he going to achieve by doing what he did? If it was in front of a class or the school then, fair enough, it would be some kind of 'example'. But what was the use (except expediency, your point) of this ludicrous ritual in private with a [just] 19-year-old?
I am sure there was nothing wrong with the man [see my posted reply to 'Lottanonsense']; he was a product of his time.
I came to this site by accident and my main reason for responding was that I was caned at 19 and there was a specific question about 'oldest'. But I feel this is not the point. The Vietnamese cases cited are all very well, but I have Vietnamese students where I now work and the fact is one can easily envisage a 21-year-old as about 17 by stature.
One can easily mistake a 21-year-old Vietnamese for teenage, and our Head probably had no idea I was 19 all those years ago.
The point is, speaking as one who has both received and given CP, were we terribly wrong?
PK

Lotta Nonsense

Re: Re canings

No score for this post
July 5 2005, 9:09 AM 

If current theories regarding the existence of an infinite number of universes are correct, it may well be that there is a universe in which Paul was caned at a UK grammar school at the age of 19.

But it sure as hell ain't this universe!

Re your reply to my posting

No score for this post
July 6 2005, 2:20 AM 

Sorry, but it was this universe! As I've said in my e-mail to you, the completely uninspiring gentleman concerned dealt with, and spoke to, upper sixth as he did to 11-year-olds.
Obviously I'm pushing my case here as I was only 19 by a few days [ & I had gone off for the afternoon after requesting his permission and being specifically refused] but I was responding to a specific question about oldest cases and they're the facts.
I am quite sure he didn't realised I'd turned 19, but I doubt he'd have cared. I'm also quite sure in my mind of his 'normality' and had no weird/sexual motivation. He was just a typical product of those times who worked on the premise, "If it's in a school blazer, hit it. That'll do the trick".
Looking back over 37 years, who's the idiot?; him for not having an educational idea in his head or me for putting up with it?
PK

KK

Judging things in context

No score for this post
July 15 2005, 8:46 PM 

Paul wrote (in part):

Looking back over 37 years, who's the idiot?; him for not
having an educational idea in his head or me for putting up with it?

Paul, I believe you were both products of your times. Yes, it does seem strange looking back now but then it was the established order of things. Authority was respected. We conformed and just went along with things.

I am interested in whether you suffered any lasting harm from your caning. I presume you had a bruised and sore backside for a few days after but what was your mental state, at the time? Did you feel aggrieved, bitter - or did you just accept it as "just one of those things"?

Is or was your objection to being treated as an 11 year old or did/do you object to being punished for deliberate defiance? What would have been a more appropriate response from the teacher?

Paul, to partially satisfy Lotta (if that is possible ) could you please give the year and city or county where you were at school.

Lotta Nonsense

Re: Judging things in context

No score for this post
July 15 2005, 9:58 PM 

"Paul, to partially satisfy Lotta (if that is possible) could you please give the year and city or county where you were at school?"

Paul has already told us it happened in 1968 but, even if he hadn't, what earthly use is the year and the city or county in which the incidents allegedly took place?

If the school and the headteacher are not positively identified, the story must be dismissed as a fantasy.

apologies for late reply

No score for this post
August 3 2005, 3:34 AM 

Sorry, didn't realise this would lead to further correspondence.
See my reply to KK.
Wellingborough Grammar School (Northants.), early July 1968, Harold Wrenn was the Headteacher.
Your stance, that many postings are fantasies, may be essentially sound; but you must realise things like this DID happen, and there ARE some of us trying to contribute to serious debate. You have my real name, e-mail, & full details of the incident.
I've no particular axe to grind, just details to give.
PK

sorry for late reply

No score for this post
August 3 2005, 3:23 AM 

Sorry not to get back sooner, but I'd no idea this would lead to further correspondence.
Wellingborough (Northants.) Grammar School, c. early July 1968.

I can honestly say my reaction was completely neutral. I had no resentment at the time at "being treated as an 11-year-old" possibly because it was an element of school humour that the gentleman concerned never noticed his charges growing up! His general demeanour towards the sixth form was the butt of many a joke, and indeed there were occasional references in class from iconoclastic junior staff about his attitude in staff meetings which matched our 'Victorian'perception of him.
You must view this incident against a background whereby, although I achieved academically, I had been a 'regular' in his study (c. 1/2 times a year) throughout my schooldays so I can't say there was any psychological effect; I repeat, I came to the site by accident and responded specifically to the 'oldest' question.
At the time, it was damned annoying and the source of amusing conversations. Had it been a first experience, however, the outcome could have been more traumatic.
'Products of our time' indeed: but was the whole system playing with fire?
PK

Andy

Oldest spanked at school

No score for this post
July 28 2005, 2:57 PM 

The Corpun site gives an account of an American undercover policeman who was attending high school as a student to investigate drug dealing at the school. Apparantly another policeman had been discovered by one of the students who knew he was a cop so he left and was later replaced by this cooleague who was in his mid 20's.

He had been attending the school for some weeks and had found out about a drug dealer who was ready to make a drop at the school later in the afternoon. There had a problem at school with latecomers and the principal decided to initiate a crackdown this particular day. The undercover cop was one of several "students" who was reported for being tardy. The punishment was a choice of a paddling or detention. The cop had no choice but to accept a spanking otherwise he would miss out on the drugs drop after school. He dutifully bent over and was spanked 3 times with the paddle.

He reported the incident to his superior officer and the incident was reported in the local newspaper after the mission was concluded and the cop had cop left school.

chris

No score for this post
November 18 2005, 2:34 AM 

how are you doing i am doing good and i see that you was spank in school and that is good and you need it maybe ok

craig english

Chris

detention or the slipper

Score 4.0 (1 person)
March 25 2004, 6:00 PM 

The boys in the secondary school I was at had a system of detention or the slipper, most of the first formers who were age 12 seemed to chose the slipper than detention because of explaining to parents.

The rate was three of the best with a size 10 plimsoll, at the punishment session at a morning break time there would be a age range from 12 to 16 or 17, We soon noticed the teacher would whack at the same strength, all the first formers cried after they were slippered but the sting was less as the older boys were slippered and for the 16 or 17 years olds for them it was three firm taps.

Chris

KK

The caning of older boys

No score for this post
March 26 2004, 11:54 PM 

When I was at school forth formers (typically around 14 years old) probably got the most canings. Fifths may have received more strokes in a year because they tended to get more strokes per caning. Then came thirds - the cane worked very well as a deterrent for them.

Lower and up sixth formers were caned very much less frequently. They were all over the age for compulsory education (15) so were mainly at school willingly. And, they were in smaller classes and subject to a more relaxed regime. But, if they were caned, they really got it. Six-of-the-best was standard and it was really laid on hard. Even then, the embarrasment was worse than the pain as everybody included the most lowly third former got to hear about it. The oldest boys so caned would have been 18. Once, even the head prefect was done, a bg atheltic lad. We never discovered his crime.

A widely held view at the time was that cathartic caning was a much kinder option that suspension or expulsion.

Until Graduation

No score for this post
April 5 2004, 1:07 PM 

I went to a private high school in the U.S. in the 60's where paddling was frequent and strict. CP was administered by the assistant principal in charge of discipline. Mrs. Posner was especially tough on the seniors, 17-18 year olds, and didn't hesitate to bare the butt for her paddle!

Tony

Bob T

Re: Until Graduation

No score for this post
April 6 2004, 12:28 AM 

Yet another ration of�rubbish from the one handed typist.
If anyone believes that this happened I would like to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.

This message has been edited by larry1951 on Apr 6, 2004 5:19 AM

Saro

Bob T Publically Edited

No score for this post
April 6 2004, 7:05 AM 

Sorry Bob. Public editings on this board are like public chatisements. I can't help being slightly amused at the edit messages that pop up on people's messages. It always makes me want to know what they said that had to be edited -- just like I used to want to know what my classmates did that got them whacked.

I'm assuming that the editing is done by forum mucky mucks, not the poster right? So Larry1951 is not yourself? Hope I have this correct or my amusement is pure silliness and all for naught.

Bob T

Re: Bob T Publically Edited

No score for this post
April 6 2004, 11:35 AM 

Dear Saro; I guess my choice of words were unacceptable. We can thank Carl and Mats or Gillian for their never ending vigilance.It was not totally unexpected. I should have used more asterisks.

Justin

Still caned!

No score for this post
June 16 2004, 7:20 PM 

Hi your guys!
I can tell you that I was at a boarding school in Kenya until
2001 (at that time I was at the age of 19) and that I got whipped nearly
till the day of my final exam was at hand.
If your were wrong or if you had done any misbehaviour, you had to go
to school master�s or prefect�s office and he had told you, that you should
lay aside your trousers and that you had to go in punishment-position (that means:your hands
have to tie around your ankles.
The school master always had a pot of water in which stood a number of canes
and a tawse was on his desk.
You had to count the lashes and afterwise to thank the school master for punsihing
you for that misbehaviour.
At some times,ten of us were caned one after another.
If your shoes were not polished,you would get two to five strokes with a ruler on your
hand�s palm or on your fingers.
Me and my brothers lived with corporal punsihment since I can
remember.
Even today my father would surely spank us if we would behave badly to him.
I�m now a student of american history and political sciences.

squirrel

No score for this post
July 10 2005, 8:43 PM 

Lotta Nonsense wrote:

-- If current theories regarding the existence of an infinite number of universes are correct, it may well be that there is a universe in which Paul was caned at a UK grammar school at the age of 19. But it sure as hell ain't this universe!

-- For once I must disagree with Lotta on a question of plausibility. While I normally share her scepticism about anecdotes that are almost certainly fantasy, in this particular case, from other evidence I have seen, I can believe that Paul's account COULD be true for that particular kind of school in the 1960s.

Lotta Nonsense

No score for this post
July 11 2005, 10:06 AM 

Paul's failure to name the school and the headmaster makes it extremely likely that his story is a fantasy.

Additionally, one of the hallmarks of the 'pork pie' is that it defies common sense and I see no sense whatever in a schoolboy accepting a caning when there is absolutely NOTHING the school can do if he refuses to accept it.

Anonymous

No score for this post
July 11 2005, 8:56 PM 

but in those days boys just did accept canings! We can say now, in 2005, that they needn't have done, but this fails to recognise the culture of those times.

squirrel

No score for this post
July 11 2005, 8:59 PM 

sorry, the above was me. I might add that there are quite a few well-documented cases of schoolboys getting the cane on their last day, when clearly from today's perspective we would say why didn't they just refuse.

Lotta Nonsense

No score for this post
July 11 2005, 10:07 PM 

I've said many times on this forum that almost anything is possible and Paul's story is by no means sufficiently outrageous to merit cries of "Liar!"

However, for reasons previously stated, I have difficulty in believing the story.

There is simply no reason to withhold the name of the school and the headteacher - other than that it would lay the story open to being disproved.

KK

Old old ground

No score for this post
July 12 2005, 2:00 AM 

There have been several discussions concerning the reluctance of those posting messages here to disclose details of who, when and where. Lotta does not like it, or understand, but it is a fact that many do not wish, for a variety of reasons, to name schools or give specific dates. This does not necessarly raise doubts about the truthfulness of their posting. Non salacious Male/male accounts without too much detail about what was worn or words spoken tend to be more plausible. I know that senior boys were caned in the 1950's and 60's with very little fuss or bother.

It is good to have a few skeptics about but they need to be plausible in their skeptism to give best value.

Lotta Nonsense

Re: Old old ground

No score for this post
July 12 2005, 10:53 AM 

There are indeed circumstances in which it would be folly to reveal the names of one's school and headteacher.

However, the story in question doesn't qualify and neither do the vast majority of others.

And let's not forget that the fact that certain things are known to have happened to some people (and sometimes thousands of times to thousands of people) does not mean they happened to everyone who claims they did.

Danny

Doubts

No score for this post
July 24 2005, 5:17 AM 

I am always amused at the way Lotta jumps in on almost every post here to tell us why it is a complete lie. If I read a forum and think everything said in in it is complete trash, I don't go there again.

I left school in 1950 and can assure Lotta and everyone else that it was acceptable in those days for boys (I cannot comment on the experiences of girls) to be regularly beaten. We accepted it - we had to - who could we object to? There were no Social workers and our parents would never go up to the school and complain (in fact, they would probably have given us another walloping for getting into trouble in the first place).

My grandson (14) and I were discussing his friend who had been suspended for two weeks and I said he should have had the cane instead. I said that being sent home from school for a fortnight to play on his gameboy etc was no punishment. He looked at me in amazement and then said "No one would whip me!"

I realised then that Lotta has that same way of thinking. What she and others cannot accept is that things have changed and thinking has changed. Then it was considered 'unmanly' to complain about a few whacks with a cane or a slipper. After all, men were working down coalmines and others getting killed in their thousands in WW2.
There was a well known case of a few dozen boys rebelling against corporal punishment in the late 40's - what happened? They were all caned!

Lotta Nonsense

Re: Doubts

No score for this post
July 24 2005, 9:29 AM 

"Lotta jumps in on almost every post"

With great respect, Danny boy, that's somewhat exaggerated, isn't it?

If you look back through the mists of time, you'll find relatively FEW postings that attracted responses from my good self.

However, if we look back through those same mists we'll also find ample support for your claim that countless boys suffered CP at school - but has that ever been disputed?

Yes, we're all aware that millions and millions of boys were caned and slippered and otherwise 'abused' at school but, having allowed that, readers of this forum would be hard put to quote many postings in which I question the veracity of claims made by males in respect of CP received by themSELVES and their school friends.

In the cases of male recipients of CP, only postings in which clothing is alleged to have been removed will usually be questioned by me.

In the case of female recipients, the usual doubt expressed by me concerns the actual gender of the person claiming to be the female recipient.

Longstanding readers of these hallowed pages will agree that where contributors make reasonable claims, my responses will be similarly reasonable.

Danny

re re doubts

No score for this post
July 24 2005, 10:46 AM 

Dear dear Lotta
please don't get so het up about someone critisising your posts, we all know you would never indulge in such a thing - I have given myself a slap on the wrist!
I haven't been following this forum for the years you obviously have but in the time I have I have seen your name come up very regularly - and always to belittle the poster, never to agree or comment in a reasonable way with the post.
Perhaps I'm wrong, I very often am, but other people who know you better may like to state an opinion here. All I am saying is that we can all decide for ourselves whether a poster is genuine or not. I don't care very much one way or the other and I certainly wouldn't ask for proof of a posters validity. It seems to me that you very interested in the subject but need to put across the impression that you don't believe a word of anything said here. Why? If it happened, as you say you know it did, then there are people out there who can share their experiences with others. Some may sound strange but there were many strange school masters out there at that time. I know of a few who would be locked away today.
Where I agree with you SHOCK! SHOCK! is in doubting many of the 'bare bottom caning' claims. Personally I never heard of it in my day but I now believe that it was fairly common in Public Schools, and even at some Prep Schools. However, never having had that privilege I can't comment on the posts of those who did go to them.

Spokesperson for the Happy Circle

Re: re re doubts

No score for this post
July 24 2005, 12:39 PM 

The Happy Circle say �Hooray for Lotta!�

These fantasists who send in rubbish need to know that we know that they are fantasists.

Lotta is the one to tell them that we know that they etc.

Danny:
Keep posting!

Lotta Nonsense

Re: re re doubts

No score for this post
July 24 2005, 2:27 PM 

Oh, Danny Boy!

Where would be be if we chose not to challenge those who claim to have been caned naked and dangling helplessly by their ankles from the ceilings of their Headmasters' offices?

Surely, such outrageous offences against our common sense, our experience and our intelligence should not go unremarked upon?

However, it would be a harsh critic indeed who accused me of belittling any contributor to these pages in circumstances where he or 'she' had not first set out to do the same to me.

The only major conflicts that spring to mind are those involving Fake Headmaster George and Antipodean Strap Fanatic Dean and his charming yet wholly imaginary wife.

None of the above was belittled. They were simply 'well trounced'.

As for other fantasists, we don't belittle them. We simply dismiss them.

Danny

Doubting Thomas

No score for this post
July 24 2005, 2:39 PM 

I stand corrected. My deepest apologies.

Harsh Critic

Re: Doubting Thomas

No score for this post
July 25 2005, 12:26 AM 

Lotta Nonsense

No doubt your comments are to some degree well thought out and intentioned, but sometimes you just scare off people who are trying to realistically contribute to this forum. We all know the world is full of tossers. You only have to visit your local supermarket car park to see that, but give them a chance, then if it's clear that they're just fantasists then make the appropriate comments. Sometimes you are very quick to condemn people who contribute to this forum, perhaps for the first time, and are naturally somewhat timid, or perhaps do not possess your skills with the English language. Give them at least a chance to express themselves. Even murderers are entitled to this, though they may not do it very well. What gives you the right to be judge. jury and executioner in all cases?

Lotta Nonsense

Re: Doubting Thomas

No score for this post
July 25 2005, 7:47 AM 

Actually, there's no need to be afraid.
Our wish is only to let in light and to banish shade.
For in a world of CP, we welcome both girl and boy
Who have their tales to tell of CP times.

Danny Boy (does he hail from the provinces or does he have a London derriere?) was similarly concerned but my friendliness and unfriendliness to those posting upon these pages is a matter of public record and that record remains open for all to see.

You'll find scant evidence of my attacking either those posting credible accounts or those posting incredible accounts with accompanying evidence.

thank you

No score for this post
August 3 2005, 4:50 AM 

Thanks. I have responded v. late because I didn't realise there would be any follow-up to this. Please see my replies to KK and "Lotta nonsense".
Not blaming anyone in particular, but when one responds in pefectly good faith to a question about such a sensitive topic as being caned, using real name and details, it's annoying (though of course understandable) to be doubted.
PK

late reply

No score for this post
August 3 2005, 4:03 AM 

Apologies again for late return to this corrspondence. See my reply top your earlier postings. One of MY main worries, looking back, is just why did we accept it? I think I mentioned in my first posting that, at the time, one of my ex-primary-school friends was already married & had a baby; yet here was I unquestioningly submitting to something I had become cultured to accept as 'normal'.
It had no deep effect on me, possibly because [see my earlier reply to KK] it was not a new experience. However, refuse? - we had no mental map for that; and that's the chilling thing!
PK

re your postings

No score for this post
August 3 2005, 4:12 AM 

Sorry for late reply: I didn't realise this would lead to further correspondence. Please see my replies to 'KK' and 'Lotta'.
One of my main points is that, as you say, "boys just accepted canings".
We were prepared for the country's top Universities, educated to the hilt, but in terms of saying "No" to "Bend over" we had no mental map.
And these were the 'golden days'?
PK

Lotta Nonsense

Re: re your postings

No score for this post
August 3 2005, 6:21 PM 

Paul is clearly a raving fantasist of the homo-erotic variety.

Could he be Dean's long-lost brother?

final disillusioned reply

No score for this post
August 6 2005, 6:14 AM 

'Lotta'-
This 'raving fantacist of the homo-erotic variety' merely responded to a correspondence about 'oldest' CP. My attention was brought to the site for other reasons & I found the correspondence by accident.
I recounted my experience as a serious contribution to debate.
In response to your doubts, & at 'KK's instigation, I have provided details.
I repeat, your sceptical attitude is a sound starting position. However, if you are determined to rubbish every contribution offered you will inevitably alienate genuine contributors, as you have alienated me, and leave the field open solely to fantacists.
I would like to think this might make you think, but I fear the reply will merely be another burst of invective.
I provided details of a sensitive personal experience, albeit from many years ago, because I believed I was dealing with a genuine discussion.
Too late, I noticed that I was the only one using his real name.
I now exit this discussion in disgust. My e-mail, p_kitchener@hotmail.com is freely available to anyone who wishes to contact me.
My position is that I received CP as a schoolboy, used it in my early years in teaching (1970s), but now [still in education but working in FE] look back on the situation with grave doubts.
The situation is academic for UK but still very much alive for the developing world.
My stance is that, on the whole (though there were exceptions) practitioners were not sexually-motivated but blindly following a cultural mould. Victims were 90% unaffected but there were others damaged for life.
The precondition was ignorance, not deliberation.
The man who caned me had no ulterior motivation whatsoever; even had he had, his imagination probably didn't stretch that far! I can talk about it candidly because it didn't affect me psychologically (at least so I feel) but although I cannot point to any of my personal acquaintances adversely affected by CP I have read of instances that give me pause for thought.
Is this a genuine debate, a forum of the maladjusted or an electronic slagging-match?
Sorry to sound so harsh but I gave a contribution in good faith, responded to a request for more details &b; various other messages and then found myself re-attacked.
Paul

Danny

Lotta

No score for this post
August 6 2005, 10:18 AM 

I still cannot understand the reason for this contributor's outburst at almost every post. If you are in a mind to disbelieve everyone here, Lotta, why stay?
I too was rubbished for my contribution (not by Lotta, I hasten to add) but I have seen no positive reaction to any serious post in the few weeks I have logged on to this site.
Like you, Paul, I won't bother again.
Good luck to all who try to add something worthwhile here. They'll need it!

Froggy

And me

No score for this post
August 6 2005, 11:20 AM 

I cant be bothered either.

KK

Paul v's Lotta

No score for this post
August 6 2005, 9:00 PM 

I value Paul's recent positive contributions highly. By contrast, Lotta's comments have not been useful.

Lotta, you have strayed from open skeptism about postings that many might have suspicions about to apparent total disbelief of everything including things some of us know from person experience did happen. Why have you done this?

Perhaps you could ouline your personal experience of school cp by way of an example. What happened to you and what did you see?

Lotta Nonsense

Re: Paul v's Lotta

No score for this post
August 6 2005, 9:51 PM 

"Total disbelief of everything"?

I think you'll have some difficulty finding a posting of mine in which I suggest that NOTHING ever happened to ANYbody ANYwhere at ANY time.

Indeed, I recall several postings in which I suggest that almost ANYthing one can imagine probably happened to SOMEone SOMEwhere at SOMEtime.

However, the fact that something undoubtedly happened to SOMEbody (or even to millions of people) is no evidence that it happened to an unidentified contributor to this forum who chooses to claim it DID happen to him or her.

If you prefer to believe Paul's story, that's fine by me. It's certainly not the LEAST believeable story you'll find on this forum.

In any event, I shall not be entertaining (or boring) readers with my own experiences (or lack thereof).

alaric

this seems to be real

No score for this post
August 16 2005, 9:15 PM 

They do things differently in Africa. Here is a young woman who has apparently gone back to high school as a 21-year-old in a class of mainly 13-year-olds, and gets caned when they do! There is a picture of the lady in question.

http://newvision.co.ug/detail.php?mainNewsCategoryId=&newsCategoryId;=31&newsId;=428630

Donal

No score for this post
September 15 2005, 1:23 AM 

I have only just discovered this very interesting forum. As an Irishman I can testify to the fact that I was well thrashed into my late teens. I was at boarding school in Ireland in the late 70s and even at 18 I took several hidings. Admittedly it was not the cane, but the strap in use was blooming sore and was not a trouser belt but specially designed for the purpose.I would also say that it was the norm for most lads my age at the time.

Ali

No score for this post
September 15 2005, 9:41 PM 

Not corporal punishment, but when I finished school in 1991 sixth formers were sometimes given detentions or written punishments. It never happened to me at that age but I remember others aged up to 18 getting them. One time I remember well was in my final year when a gorgeous girl in my maths class got caught grinding some chewing gum into the carpet. The teacher made her stand in front of her desk and gave her a really good talking to, having her almost in tears by the end. She then gave her an hours detention every night for a week.

I found the whole incident quite memorable, but I do so wish she'd been given a damned good caning instead

Jenny

No score for this post
September 19 2005, 11:04 AM 

I went to a private school in the U.K. and had to write out a thousand lines when I was 18 years old.

Lotta Nonsense

No score for this post
September 19 2005, 11:58 AM 

That's nothing.

I have friends who'd snorted a thousand lines before they were 18.

typical yank

No score for this post
October 18 2005, 12:26 AM 

Certainly for many high school seniors to be paddled is and was avery commom experience.Normally it is administered by the principal or school administrators or coaches.Most seniors are 18 and even 19 leaving school so many a butt gets or was tanned before leaving school.My butt waas roasted by the "board of education2 when a senior and it is common to take swats instead ofdetention etc.

re oldest spanked

No score for this post
November 18 2005, 2:29 PM 

One of the latest updates on the Corpun Website is about a 21 year girl who went back to school (African Country) and was subject to the cane the same as the rest of the class.

bonanza

Re: re oldest spanked

No score for this post
November 26 2005, 2:08 PM 

I read that same article and it seemed to be completely factual. I was once chatting to a 19 year old lad on the British Spanking chatroom. He was a student at Cambridge and had only recently left a top private school in South Africa. He told me he was last caned at 17 and was regularly slippered.

Lotta Nonsense

No score for this post
November 27 2005, 12:13 AM 

"I was once chatting to a 19 year old lad on the British Spanking chatroom. He was a student at Cambridge and had only recently left a top private school in South Africa. He told me he was last caned at 17 and was regularly slippered" says Bonanza.

No, Bonanza.

No. No. A thousand times no.

You were NOT chatting to a 19 year old lad on the British Spanking chatroom who was a student at Cambridge and had only recently left a top private school in South Africa and who told you he was last caned at 17 and was regularly slippered.

You were, in fact, chatting to middle-aged fantasist who fantasised that he was a 19-year-old student at Cambridge and who also fantasised he had only recently left a top private school in South Africa and who also fantasised that he was last caned at 17 and was regularly slippered.

Let's all get one thing straight about spanking chatrooms - only the boring characters are genuine.

The handsome sexy young men and beautiful sexy young women are almost all tired, sad, middle-aged men who spend their lives chatting on the net about their imaginary spanking experiences with anyone gullible enough to listen.

bonanza

No score for this post
November 28 2005, 9:54 PM 

Again Lotta Nonsense, I beg to differ. I exchanged emails with this guy and we talked about many different aspects of student life, as I was just about to start my final year of University when I first started chatting to him. We actually did not chat that much about cp, as we became good friends. He was very genuine and we even arranged to meet up, but it never came off due to work committments etc. I was also good friends with a young lady at University who grew up in South Africa, where her mother was a teacher. She attended a private school and told me that cp was very much in use and still is very much in use to this day.

I am certainly not a middle aged man, I have only just entered my mid-twenties.

me and brothers

No score for this post
December 8 2005, 7:33 AM 

im 17 and i still get paddled big time
when two bros was 18 they got alot of swats and harder
then other bro age 15 and 16 and 14 and 13 all paddled.
now one bro is 19 and gets swats too hes 12 grade now
bare butt at times for us all and some pants up
i rather get grounded sometimes depends too

Lotta Nonsense

Re: me and brothers

No score for this post
December 8 2005, 9:26 AM 

I can't help but feel that Shawn's claim would carry more weight if the Internet were not groaning under the weight of his requests to see boys' bare bottoms.

http://users6.cgiforme.com/tgfm/messages/313.html

Bangbang

Caned

No score for this post
December 10 2005, 5:34 PM 

I from Korea and caning is common in most families even up till now. I am 19 male and still made to kneel down in front of my father to receive canings whenever I make mistakes. I am made to count the number of canings I get and must say "I am sorry father I shouldn't have done it" after each stroke. Can receive as many as 15. My brother who is 22 receive the same punishment whenever he make mistakes

Current Topic - oldest spanked or given school detention
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Find more forums on Schools

Create your own forum at Network54

Copyright � 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement