Facts and Figures
1. With 90,000 seats the new Wembley will be the largest football stadium in the world with every seat under cover. There will be NO obstructed views.
2. The arch is 133 metres above the level of the external concourse. To read more about the Arch Fascinating facts click here.
3. The stadium roof rises to 52 metres above the pitch. This compares to the 35 metres tall Twin Towers of the old stadium.
4. The new Wembley has a circumference of 1 km.
5. The London Eye could fit between the top of the arch and the pitch.
6. The new roof will be over 11 acres. Four acres are moveable.
7. The rows of seating, if placed end to end, would stretch 54 kilometers.
8. 4,000 separate piles will form the foundations of the new stadium. The deepest of these, at 35 metres, is as deep as the Twin Towers were tall.
9. There will be 35 miles of heavy-duty power cables in the stadium.
10. With a span of 315 Metres, the arch will be the longest single span roof structure in the world.
11. With a diameter of 7.4 metres the arch is wide enough for a Channel Tunnel train to run through.
12. 90,000m3 of concrete and 23,000 tonnes of steel will be used in the construction of the new stadium.
13. The roof alone will weigh almost 7,000 tonnes.
14. At peak construction there will be 2,000+ people working on site.
15. The new pitch will be 4 metres lower than the previous pitch.
16. Each of the two giant screens in new stadium is the size of 600 domestic television sets.
17. The new Wembley encloses 4,000,000 m3 (cubic metres) inside its walls and under its roof. This is the equivalent of 25,000 double decker buses or 7 billion pints of milk.
18. The total length of the escalators will be the same as a 400 metre running track.
19. There will be 2,618 toilets - which WNSL estimate is more than any other building in the world.
20. There is more leg room in EVERY seat in the new Wembley Stadium than there was in the Royal Box of the old stadium.
To read more about the Arch Fascinating facts click here.