Yujacha (citron tea)
600 grams of citrons
500 grams of sugar
Some pine nuts
1. Rub citrons with salt, wash in water, and dry,
then cut crosses into them and peel.
2. Remove the remaining white pulp from the peeled citrons
to make a clear tea and divide each citron into
two or three sections.
3. Slice citron peel into thin strips.
4. Arrange alternate layers of citron sections and sliced peel,
covering each layer with sugar.
5. Leave at room temperature until the sugar has completely dissolved,
then bottle and put in the refrigerator. It will become juicy
a week later.
6. Spoon out 1 tablespoon of the sugared citron, with juice,
per cup of boiling water to make tea. A few pine nuts would