Hosts of Sale of the Century:
1980 to 1990: Tony Barber
1991 to 2001: Glenn Ridge
Co-hosts Sale of the Century:
1980 to 1982: Victoria Nicolls
1983 to 1984: Delvene Delaney
1985 to 1990: Alyce Platt
1991 to 1993: Jo Bailey
1994 to 1999: Nicky Buckley
2000 to 2001: Karina Brown
Sale of the Century Trivia
Here are some interesting tidbits about Australia's longest running quiz show. We've got fascinating facts and tantalising trivia — and check out the great hair styles!
- Sale of the Century premiered on the Nine Network in 1980 and ran for
21 years, finishing in November 2001.
- Number of questions answered correctly and consecutively: Virginia Noel in
episode 851 — 14 out of 14.
- Highest number of questions answered correctly in one episode: David
Poltorak, in episode 1443 — 35 out of 55.
- In episode 376 a contestant answered only one question correctly all night
and still won.
- Youngest person to win the lot was 16-year-old Andrew Werbik in episode
- Lowest winning score: $20 in episode 30.
- Highest winning score: $200 by David Poltorak in episode 1443.
- Number of times a contestant has won cars on the first night: 13.
- Largest cash jackpot: $508,000 to Rob Kusmierski.
- Youngest champ and contestant: 15-year-old Justin Ford (Victoria). Appeared
in episodes 129,130, 131 and 132.
- Most number of questions answered correctly in 60 second fast money: David
Poltorak, episode 1443, age 16.
- The only contestant to have answered all the round one questions correctly
is Leesa Selke.
- Total cash and prizes given away at end 2001: $60,692,993.00
- Total includes Cash: $16,343,619.00
- Prizes: $44,349,374.00, over 350 cars
- Number of episodes that went to air when Sale's final episode went to air on
November 25, 2001: 4610 episodes