HIGH TIMES' UNSIGNED BAND OF THE WEEK
Does your favorite band play concerts in giant stadiums owned by Clear Channel
and sponsored by Pepsi? If so, this isn't for you. HIGH TIMES is looking for
the best unsigned bands in the world--the ones that headline skanky dive bars, college
keg parties, even the local bowling alley. Frankly, we're looking for the incredible acts
we've never heard of, because, well, how would we ever hear of them?
That's where you come in. Submit your local favorite, and we just might make them our pick of the week. They'll be featured on this page for seven days (plus forever in our archives), and will be so grateful for the free publicity, they just might get you in free at the next show. It's easy to submit a band, so why not (heck, you could even submit your own band, we won't tell)...
1) Band must not be signed to any label larger than a breadbasket. Seriously, if you created the label yourself, don't sweat it. If the label has an office, you're out.
2) Band must write and perform original music. NO COVER BANDS. If you have to ask, then yes, you are a cover band.
3) Band must have a photo and at least three mp3's on their website.
4) Band must gig regularly and have a schedule posted online to prove it.
5) Band must enthusiastically agree to receive this honor.
Click here to Submit a Band
Click here to be a High Times student rep on your campus
Jessica Delfino describes herself as a sweet faced, yet filthy stand-up comedian who also sings dirty folk songs - mostly somewhat vulgar ditties about her vagina and rainbows. Backstage called her "hilariously ribald" and The Onion called her "a cross between Redd Foxx and Jewel. Click the link and make up your own mind: www.jessydelfino.blogspot.com