Site renaming by Patrick Tufts, 14 Mar 2006
Photo annotations on Flickr (Patrick Tufts) by Patrick Tufts, 23 Feb 2006
- In the coming weeks, this site will be moving to a new name and, potentially, a new domain as well. The site name is changing from The Metaweb to the Quicksilver Wiki. I'll post updates on the move here.
Metaweb:Mo' Metaweb (Patrick Tufts) by Patrick Tufts, 3 Oct 2005
- Flickr user notlikecalvin has made a photoset of Tower of London locations mentioned in The System of the World. More inside
So long, and thanks for all the fish by Patrick Tufts, 13 Sep 2005
- Wanted to give you an update on the site. AMI produced a database backup of the site which several active users are now looking at installing on another machine. There are no guarantees, but there are several efforts to bring this site back up elsewhere. It won't be called the Metaweb, but it will hopefully be running on a more modern version of MediaWiki.
- A few years ago, Applied Minds created this site with User:Neal Stephenson to make a collaboratively edited collection of annotations, initially for Neal's book Quicksilver, and later, for other works as well. We called this site "The Quicksilver Metaweb."
Discussion: Dealing with spam by Patrick Tufts, 21 Jul 2005
- More recently, I and my co-workers at Applied Minds have begun a project called "The Metaweb" which bears little resemblance to this site. Applied Minds will soon remove the link from metaweb.com's front page to here. If you wish to reach this site, you will need to use the URL www.metaweb.com/wiki/wiki.phtml?title=Main_Page ... more
Slashdot: Ask Neal Stephenson updated 20 Oct 2004
- Death, taxes, and Wiki spam. The Metaweb is currently being "edited" by a persistent vandal. Come in to the discussion to organize a response.
The Confusion, p. 1, Giovanni Francesco Gemelli Careri by Neal Stephenson, 11 Aug 2004
- Slashdot readers posed a series of questions to Neal Stephenson to celebrate the completion of the Baroque Cycle with the US publication of The System of the World on September 21, 2004.Here are the top ones with Neal's answers.
- Briefly, he was a Neapolitan lawyer who in the late 1690's circumnavigated the world eastwards ...
The Confusion by Patrick Tufts, 13 Apr 2004
- This is an opportunity for Metaweb users to research and document the life of Gemelli Careri. --Patrick Tufts
Site improvements by Patrick Tufts, 13 Feb 2004 (updated 20 Feb 2004)
- User:Nealstephenson's book Stephenson:Neal:The Confusion was released today. For any users new to this site, please take a look at our FAQ and the existing annotations on Stephenson:Neal:Quicksilver. And please consider creating an account on this site (this helps with tracking article changes). All of us at the Metaweb welcome your participation.
Cool projects by Patrick Tufts, 29 Dec 2003
- We'll be making some improvements to the layout of the Metaweb over the coming weeks ... more
Carl Linnaeus by Andrew Berry, Nov. 11 2003
- Metaweb contributor Chris Swingle (User:Cswingle) has done something particularly neat with the Quicksilver annotations page. Chris has created a printable PDF of all the Quicksilver annotations. The really cool thing is that it's automatically generated from ... more
- One visiting naturalist described him as �somewhat aged, not a large man with dusty shoes and stockings, markedly unshaven and dressed in an old green coat from which dangles a medal.� more