With the help of user-contributed packages ArchWD (Arch Window Developer) has taken a long jump getting itself ready. I was not planning to upgrade the main package, ArchWD is self maintained with help of PacTK (Package Tool Kit), but there were lot of upgrades and few major file changes.
In the repos there are now a small number of packages for users to select. More are coming. All packages are in simple format enabling users to have a look how they are made. In general FVWM has huge number of configure possibilities, which can be confusing, most likely many have avoided FVWM due to this, ArchWD tries to simplify the work by developing separate modules of each task instead of one big file. The modules (user packages) are installed and uninstalled as per user’s choice. The result is interesting as you can see in the screenshot, though, there is not much to been seen but in the listed of packages below.
Screenshot click here.
List of the main user packages in the picture:
1. roundendpanel-0.1.1.wm.tar.gz (Round ended panel in Fluxbox style.)
2. defaultpager-0.2.1.wm.tar.gz (FVWM pager with simple style.)
3. wallpaperbrowser-0.1.wm.tar.gz (Wallpaper browser for png and jpg pictures.)
4. decorbrowser-0.2.wm.tar.gz (Decoration browser.)
5. transptmenu-0.1.wm.tar.gz (not visible) (Transparent root and panel menu.)
Link to ArchWD Wiki