A Strange Twist of Fate

TITLE: A Strange Twist of Fate
SERIES: Yup.
SEQUEL: Doubtful . . . unless i'm feeling majorly
AUTHOR: carol
EMAIL: duckies@bust.com would be for archival.
ARCHIVE: Mpreg. anyone else should ask.
FANDOM: Harry Potter.
PAIRING: Lucius/Severus, James/Severus, Lupin/Severus
RATING: It'll vary from time to time, but i consider this part G
CATEGORY: Mpreg, Angsty, possibly a bit saddish? I don't know yet.
WARNING: Mpreg, blatant butchering of the original storyline . . .
DISCLAIMER: Um, lemme spell it out for you: I'm a poor college student. I have no money. I am making no money. As much as i'd love to own Snape, the wonderful JK Rowling does. *sob*
SUMMARY: There's more to Snape's awful attitude, with a child included. Snape is linked to Harry in a way the young man could never imagine. What will be done?
FEEDBACK: It's a must if you want me to continue this story. I don't like writing stories that i get the impression are no good.

 

Finals week passed without incident. Severus received his usual A's and only dreamed of spending the summer with James. That made everything worth the stress.

He waited for James to show up outside the Slytherin rooms, he grew nervous. What if James decided not to go? What if Severus had made him angry? After a few seconds, he'd dismissed those ideas. James would have told him.

After about ten more minutes, James sprinted over toward him. "I'm so sorry," he gasped, "Dumbledore cornered me and I could do little about getting away from him until he wanted to let me go." James kissed Severus in greeting before taking Severus' bag.

"It's okay. I would have waited as long as needed. You don't have to carry my bag. I can do it. I'm not fragile." Severus softly chastised his lover.

"Oh hush now, I can do this. You're the only one worried about who will be carrying what. Besides, I'm stronger," at that, James stuck his tongue out at the younger teen as the other one's face flitted through indignation and shifted to a look of humor.

"Oh, I see, I'm not very strong, huh? I'll remember that for later." Severus' grin bordered on mischievous and that worried James.

"You do realize I'm just joking, right? I know you are quite capable of taking care of yourself. That's one thing I love about you. You're not one of those people that entirely rely on the one they love. You show independence. You know who you are and what you want and that's wonderful." He dropped the bags as kissed Severus on the neck and wrapped his arms around his lover.

Severus could only sigh and wrap his arms around him. That is, until they heard some one noisily clear his throat. "Having fun in the halls, are we?" Lucius found his way near the two young men.

Severus wearily asked, "May I help you," waiting for a fight to break out. This normally happened whenever Lucius and James were together. He also realized James was in a similar situation whenever Sirius was around Severus. Sirius tried to kill Severus when he'd found out that James had taken him as a lover. He wished these games would cease.

"I was wondering if you were ready for the train. Also, I was told to ask if you needed a ride back to Snape Manor." Lucius never once took his eyes off James.

"Well, if I were to take a ride, you would have to allow James as well because he's going to be staying with me for the summer." He winced inwardly when he noticed the lightning in Lucius' eyes.

"I supposed the heathen could ride along so long as he keeps his mann ers." Now James' eyes held the flashes that worried Severus.

"What do you say, James?" Severus' eyes held a pleading look. 'Please keep your calm. If we take the ride you can stay as far away from him as you like. He's still my friend. Please?'

"I suppose we can as long as you want to darling." James kissed Severus on the cheek while watching Lucius the entire time. It simply stated that Severus was his and there wasn't a damn thing Lucius could do about it.

He released a breath he'd held tightly in his lungs. He honestly didn't know how much more of their antics he could take. Surely he'd die of a stroke from all this stress. Instantly he felt like he'd signed his death certificate. "Shall we leave then?" Both men nodded. Severus knew it was going to be a long ride as they walked toward their escape from the school.

On the train to the so-well-known platform 9 ¾ , Severus nodded off. His head rested on James' shoulder. That's when all the trouble started.

While Severus slept, Lucius struck up a conversation with James, "So have you two had sex yet?"

"That is none of your business Malfoy and you know that." James growled in a way that could be interpreted as punctuation.

"My, My. I guess that means no. I must tell you he's delicious. The gasps and moans. I've yet to have some one call my name as he did. You'd better keep an eye on him Potter. He can be quite the trollop."

"Everything you just said is a lie. You know that just as well as I do. And if you two did in fact have sex, I know it would have been because you pushed him into it. There's more to this relationship than sex. You're just angry because you don't have him, and I have no intention of giving him up. None at all. He's mine. Just like I'm his. If you can't respect that, then you'd better keep clear. I'd gladly fight to my death for him." James tried hard to keep from yelling. He didn't want to wake Severus. He knew Lucius and himself together stressed the raven-haired beauty visibly.

"Believe you me, I will have him back. One way or another. Even if you have to pine for him the rest of your life. I'll find a way."

James only hugged Severus to himself and glared at Lucius. This dark mood continued until they arrived at the train station. James was only thankful Severus had nodded off.

After gathering all their goods and stepped of the train, Severus was more than pleased to find his father's driver there with the carriage and horses. This meant freedom from the tension. Even he was finding Lucius more and more unbearable.

"Lucius," Severus stated, "It appears my father actually sent transportation. I guess we won't need a ride afterall. We really appreciate the offer though." Severus stuck out his porcelain-colored hand to shake Lucius', but Malfoy pulled him into a hug.

James saw this and barely kept his temper in check. Severus froze. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't pull away because Lucius had him stuck. He didn't want to be in Lucius' arms. Months ago he would have, but not now. Not when he loved James.

"Don't you think the driver will be getting impatient?" James' clipped voice sounded out, causing Severus to fear that James was angry with him.

"Yes you're right. We need to go," he pulled himself from Lucius, "See you later," asked Severus.

"Of course Sev," the other boy replied fondly as the raven-haired boy moved toward James and let his hand be taken by said boy.

Together, James and Severus walked to the carriage, Lucius, with a slow turn, headed over to his carriage. James opened the door to the carriage for his lover, who seems slightly put off but appreciative all the time. The tension did in fact lessen considerably.

"Are you angry with me?" Severus' voice came across as small and insecure, causing James to wince inwardly.

James pulled his younger lover in to his arms, "No, darling, I'm not mad at you," he paused before undisguised disgust entered his voice, "Malfoy real ly tried my patience the entire ride here. I'm pleased that you fell asleep so you didn't have to put up with him. I know it's so rough when he and I are together around you. I wish we could get along but it simply doesn't work." James kissed Severus' soft lips. "I wish we could get along for your sake."

"As long as I have you, I can deal with that. Lucius just likes to cause trouble. He had me once and he made me miserable and he stressed himself out over things that never happened." Severus peered into James' eyes, "I don't want that. I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I started dating him."

"Since we're on the subject, I have something to tell you," James paused, unsure of how to proceed, "Lucius said some things about you and I think you should know. He claims that you two have been sexually intimate and he even went so far as to call you a trollop." When Severus winced, he felt daggers pierce his heart.

He looked away, and decided to explain what that was about. "Lucius was drunk one night over Christmas vacation last year. He drank a surprising amount of this muggle drink called Everclear. I'd decided to see him that night without knowing he was drunk. When I came into his room, I was instantly hit with the smell of alcohol. It's a most disgusting smell. Anyway, though, I tried to put up with it. I'd really wanted to see him and my parents were fighting again. They'd are most childish when they fight," he paused a second as if he were collecting his thoughts, "He started to kiss me and the like, which I was okay with. But, then he tried to get me out of my robes and that was more than I could do. He would have gotten even further than that if he hadn't become ill enough to feel the need to vomit." He shivered.

James pulled Severus into his arms, "I'm so sorry. I had no idea. Why? How? Why the hell did you stay?" James rested his head upon Severus'.

"You didn't do it so you needn't be sorry. He was drunk, not that it is excused by that fact. Lucius is very strong. I tried to push him away but it did no good. He must have mistaken that for impassioned movements," Severus shivered causing James to hold him tighter. "It's over now and I don't ever want to go through something like that again."

"Is that why you have a fear of our more intimate moments," questioned James as Severus nodded. "Well, you need to make sure that you are comfortable with anything you and I do. If you're uncomfortable at any point, tell me. If we do something like that we're supposed to both enjoy it. Okay? Promise me."

"I promise that if I'm not sure at any moment that I'll let you know. I appreciate the consideration alone. That means so much to me." Severus kissed James. "We're heading up to the Manor now. Don't worry, the place may look drab and scary and damp but it's harmless unless you go where you're not supposed to." That brought an immediate sense of insecurity for James, but he was sure that he'd be okay. He'd be around Severus. That's all that mattered.


<--- Back * Next --->

 

 

::Submit your work ::

FAN ART and FICTION
Please send in any work you've done to MarrowII@hotmail.com with the subject Snape MPREG.

Comment, Submissions, Suggestions? Contact Shiver
Harry Potter© J.K Rowling

Like the site?

Support us.

 

 

 

1