Hellenic Railways (OSE) announces to the passengers that from SUNDAY 11th of December 2005 and from 00:01 the new itinerary period 2006 commences, concerning the whole railway network.
At the new itineraries a second pair intercity express (ICityE) 56/57 (evening itinerary) between Piraeus - Thessaloniki - Piraeus, beyond the current pair of intercity express (ICityE) 50/51. With the new itineraries 56/57, like the current ones 50/51, the route in the axis Athens - Thessaloniki - Athens is covered in 4 hours and 15 minutes.
Departure times of ICityE trains:
- Train 56 departure from Piraeus at 18:52 and from Athens at 19:22
- Train 57 departure from Thessaloniki at 18:54
- Train 50 departure from Piraeus στις 07:24 and from Athens at 07:52
- Train 51 departure from Thessaloniki at 07:22
Also, 9 hours route duration is succeeded between Athens - Alexandroupoli, changing train at Thessaloniki. (Train 50 Athens - Thessaloniki and train 70 Thessaloniki - Alexandroupoli as well as train 93 Alexandroupoli - Thessaloniki and train 57 Thessaloniki - Athens)
In particular, regarding Peloponnesus network, and as far as the new itineraries institution is concerned, passengers moving towards and coming from Peloponnesus will be served with Suburban Railway in the route Athens - Korinthos - Athens and at Korinthos new railway station will board OSE trains, for routes towards Peloponnesus. It is noted that the trains 304 Agioi Anargiroi - Korinthos (old station) - Pirgos and 305 Pirgos - Korinthos (old station) - Agioi Anargiroi as well as the trains 1312, 1313, 1314, 1315 for the route Agioi Anrgiroi - Isthmos - Loutraki and reversely, will go directly and they will continue to have as a terminal station the railway station of Agioi Anargiroi.
Moreover, due to the commencement of works at Peloponnesus railway network and until their completion, the following adjustments will be applied:
1. Passengers of the trains 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425 in the route Korinthos - Tripoli - Kalamata - Korinthos will be served with buses, which will be spared by the Organisation. The buses, which will realize the itineraries 420/421 and 422/423 will depart from Korinthos new passenger railway station and they will arrive at it. While, the buses of the itineraries 424/425 will have as a terminal station the old railway station of Korinthos.
2. Additionally, due to the commencement of updating works along the railway line Argos - Korinthos, passengers of the trains 1431, 1432, 1433, 1434 Nafplio - Korinthos - Nafplio will be served with buses, having as a terminal station Korinthos new passenger railway station.
For those passengers that they have already bought the tickets or other transportation titles and they do not wish to travel due the above adjustments, the whole exact fare will be returned to them. However, if they do wish to travel, the fare corresponding to the route Athens - Korinthos and reversely will be returned to them.
For any information passengers may communicate with the call center services of OSE at 1110.