The Turangi Tongariro ward area is administered by the Turangi Tongariro Community Board under delegated powers from the Taupo District Council. This ensures that all locally important decisions are made by local residents.
The area is represented at Council by three district Councillors and together with six elected members from the community there is a Community Board with a membership of nine.
To view the Turangi Tongariro website click HERE.
To view the Minutes of Turangi Tongariro click HERE.
To view the Code of Conduct and Procedures Manual click HERE ( 64 kb PDF ).
Turangi Tongariro Community Board
The role of the Turangi Tongariro Community Boards is to
- Represent and act as an advocate for, the interests of its communities.
- Consider and report on all matters referred to it by Council, or any matter of interest to the community board.
- Maintain an overview of services provided by Council within the community.
- Prepare an annual submission to Council on expenditure within the community.
- Communicate with community organisations and special interest groups within the community.
Board members - Back, from left: Turangi Area Manager Mr J Campbell, TDC CEO Simon Rowbotham, Mr P Sutcliffe, Mrs M J Smallman, Ms M Stewart, Cr G Keepa.
Front, from left: Mrs S McCarthy, Cr A Smallman, Deputy Chairman Mr D Campbell, Chairman Cr D Ormsby, Mayor C Stent, Mrs J Lockyer.
Sister City Relationship
The Turangi Tongariro Community Board has a Sister City friendship with the village of Kitashiobara, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan. For more click HERE.
Council Delegations to Community Boards
In addition, Community Boards have a range of powers for which they are responsible under delegation from Council.
To view the functions, duties and powers of the Turangi Tongariro Community Board click HERE.