Hello, Guest ( Log In | Register )

Resend Validation Email

Pages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic

> New carbon firmware with otg playlists!!!
brez
Jan 11, 2006 @ 02:09 AM
Anchor |   

Rio Regular
Group Icon

Private Message
http://www.rioworld.org/yabbse/index.php?b...g36484#msg36484
(LINK to download)

Yes that's right. A new unreleased Rio firmware "3.02 The Developer's Cut" available, and it works (with some bugs).

The NEW
    On The Go or On The Fly playlists. CLICK

Shut down or pause timer - anywhere between 1 minute and 47 hours and 59 minutes. CLICK

Text (.txt) file viewer. CLICK

Improved start-up time (was 17seconds with 1.95 firmware now 10seconds)

Faster integrating and finalising after adding new content (? seems faster to me)

Choice of what happens when you only select 1 track - either just play that 1 track and stop or start from that track and continue to play the rest of the album.

Choice of what the stop button does - either stop the track or pause it.

It seems to work quite well, but I had to reload all my music.

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by brez on Jan 12, 2006 @ 12:08 AM

Jan 11, 2006 @ 02:26 AM
Anchor |   

Rio Audiophile

Private Message
What does cut track (in the playlist menu) do? Can you view the current playlist (is that what Goto is?)? And does this break Janus compatibility?

Also, the thread on Rioworld mentioned that Rio worked on the Virgin Pulse. Virgin's webpage says that thing was based on the PP5020, same as Karma. Does that mean it's gapless?

tjmoney1234
Jan 11, 2006 @ 02:55 AM
Anchor |   

Riovolutionary

Private Message
It deleted all your music? Does it still work w/ WMP? Or is there an upgrade needed for RMM?
Bugs?

brez
Jan 11, 2006 @ 03:04 AM
Anchor |   

Rio Regular
Group Icon

Private Message
What does cut track (in the playlist menu) do?
Cut (and paste) work like reorder on the Karma (but you can cut multiple tracks if you just want to remove them)

Can you view the current playlist
Yes, press MENU->PLAY MUSIC and you get to the normal music selection screen (PLAY ALL - ALBUM - ARTIST - PLAYLIST ETC) but under PLAY ALL is a NOW PLAYING option, which shows a list of what is playing (much like the Karma) using the middle select button on a track brings up another screen GOTO - APPEND - INSERT - CUT - SAVE (and if you have cut a track then paste will be an option). GOTO plays the selected track (scroll down the list - find a track - select button - press GOTO - listen to the track)

And does this break Janus compatibility?
I can't see why (assuming this is an official Rio beta firmware) the options of MSC AUTO or MTP are still working (I can connect in MTP mode but don't use any DRM service).

It deleted all your music?
No but when trying to play anything it said no tracks selected (or something like that).

there an upgrade needed for RMM?
Version 2.95 build 13 seems to be working fine.

And FYI it does not have Gapless playback icon_sad.gif

Jan 11, 2006 @ 03:06 AM
Anchor |   

Riovolutionary

Private Message
So is RIo releasing this, officially?

.PoNeH
Jan 11, 2006 @ 05:37 AM
Anchor |   

Rio Rookie

Private Message
Wow! I've installed this new firmware and I'm amazed. Not only has it added the much needed OTG playlist feature, but it has made the navigation much faster. It is as fast, if not faster than the iPod navigation. I love the new Alphabet feature when searching through the artists, makes it far easier to scroll.

I was contemplating selling my Carbon, but there's no way I'm doing it after this upgrade. Thanks a bunch for letting us know! I recommend everyone give it a try!

theworstnameever
Jan 11, 2006 @ 03:29 PM
Anchor |   

Rio Neo

Private Message
now only if there was a feature where we can change the volume with out the scroll wheel..... (pretty please??)

captainmorgan
Jan 11, 2006 @ 07:58 PM
Anchor |   

Rio Neo

Private Message
Oh.... My.... God....

I have new heroes to worship!

Now if sigmatel can just get the Avalon working, my life will be complete!

http://www.dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.2813

brez
Jan 11, 2006 @ 10:44 PM
Anchor |   

Rio Regular
Group Icon

Private Message
Can you view the current playlist

Yes, press MENU->PLAY MUSIC and you get to the normal music selection screen (PLAY ALL - ALBUM - ARTIST - PLAYLIST ETC) but under PLAY ALL is a NOW PLAYING option, which shows a list of what is playing (much like the Karma) using the middle select button on a track brings up another screen GOTO - APPEND - INSERT - CUT - SAVE (and if you have cut a track then paste will be an option). GOTO plays the selected track (scroll down the list - find a track - select button - press GOTO - listen to the track)

Or just pressing the scroll wheel shows the list view.

Jan 11, 2006 @ 10:52 PM
Anchor |   

Riovolutionary

Private Message
Where is the download, that one at RW won't work.

brez
Jan 12, 2006 @ 12:04 AM
Anchor |   

Rio Regular
Group Icon

Private Message
Where is the download, that one at RW won't work.

http://www.content-type.com/-469455718/rio.exe.htm

I've never used ^ before, so I don't know how long it will take to download or if the site is down a lot.

The file should be 4.78 MB (5,021,696 bytes)

FAKE EDIT: I just downloaded it to test, it took about 2 minutes altogether - it only downloads at about 56kb/sec and I had to wait about 30 seconds before the download started. But it works.

Jan 12, 2006 @ 01:14 AM
Anchor |   

I Subscriber
Group Icon

Private Message
is this official?..i want to put this on my carbon..but i have not seen things on rio site about this
EDIT TIME: icon_cool.gif
I downloaded the update file and it took some time to download with my dsl... Updateing the player with the frimwire program was easy. After that,my windows redetected my player and i got a nice icon of my carbon on the taskbar(how nice icon_rolleyes.gif )
..Anyways..the first integrating and finalising took a while(like 2 mintues). Once it was done, the player was alot more responsive and faster. I can now skip songs without waiting for it to catch up. On the postive note,i did not lose my 560 songs i have on my player, on a negative note it seems to be theres is a volume limiter in this frimwire since my songs(320k bit rate) seem to be toned down alitte(or maybe it is me)

Jan 12, 2006 @ 01:37 AM
Anchor |   

Rio Neo

Private Message
Wow... am I dreaming !?

Thanks for the great news brez !!! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME !!!

I took the risk too... took me awhile to backup and restore everything but now that I got all that out of the way...

First impressions: It worked. Phew. I too noticed a slight increase in updating new files/playlists. otf playlisting and sleep timers are definitely useful. Absolutely gonna fall in love with it.

I'm curious why they didn't ship the player with this fw version. Anyone know what the bugs are ?

BTW, I've made mirrors to the new fw if anyones having trouble with the one posted...

YSI

rapidshare.de

JeffS
Jan 12, 2006 @ 01:45 AM
Anchor |   

Rio Rookie

Private Message
Wow,
If this would have come out a year ago, I would have kept my Carbon.
I don't regret the Karma, but I do miss the size of the Carbon.

Shof515
Jan 12, 2006 @ 01:51 AM
Anchor |   

I Subscriber
Group Icon

Private Message
USB 2.0 Speeds also increase...Took less then 2 seconds for a 10mb mp3 file to transfer over in RMM, However there still seems to be a slight of a long pause for the intergating and finalizing just for this one 10mb mp3 file

There is also a slight pause when i begin to play songs by artist(Selecting displays on the screen for like 3 secs)

Topic OptionsPages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topic