Today I meet Douglas Kim, from the Brazilian band Lest3r, so go on to dicover this group and their music...
- How is born Lest3r? fficeffice" />
It was a coincidence. I met accidentally Ze Godoy (bass) who was a friend of mine in a public park. We haven't seen each other for 16 years! You can imagine our conversation after so
- What means Lest3r?
Which kind of answer do you want: a bad true story or an amazing lie?
- Can you present us the members of the group?
Ze Godoy (bass and backing vocal), Alja (drums) and myself (guitar and vocal)
- We can find the album “Clown” since January of this year. Why this title?
In fact, we are releasing the album right now! The first show will be on 12 March. Again, trick or treat?
- What inspire the group for writ the songs?
Women and alcohol.
- One title of a song is in Dutch « Gut und böse ». Could you explain that?
Ok, this one I will explain. Gut Und Bose is a title from Nietzsche (Beyond Good and Evil).
- “Cuídate” talks about love as a treason, pain, fair, transgression… Negative vision of love, what do you think about that?
Is there any other?
- “Raga” is as a shout to tell to the world to fight. Is the group engaged to make people fight for their rights?
If you mean socially, no. But a song after being released does not belong anymore to the author. It's a creeping creature.
- Talking about rights and fights, what do you think about the actual situation of the world?
You just reap what you sow...
- What do the group think about the music on the net and illegal downloading?
Freedom. Share (not copy) anything you want.
- Do you think about sold the CD in others countries?
It's a wonderful dream. Can you help us? Can somebody help us?
- Do you think about made gigs?
Of course, but at the moment we don't have money (independent band, etc, etc). A friend is going to ffice:smarttags" />Lisbon, Lyon and Barcelona in April and we will search places. Again, any help?
- What do you know about French music?
The classical stuff: Edith Piaf, Serge Gainsboug, Jacques Prevert, Haliday...The real classic Daniel Millaud, Berlioz...Modern? Pyroman (almost Brazilian, now). Les Rita Mitsouko (mispelling?) was a little bit famous here in Brazil during the 80's.
- What do you think of the idea to collaborate with French singers?
It would be a pleasure. Nowadays with internet we can record in different countries.
- Something more to say ?
Check out our website and share the MP3. Let's spread the word!
Thanks a lot Doug to spend some time for this interview...
Lest3r oficial site
I've already wrote about Lest3r
Interview made by Clandestina