What is it?
This plugin allows you to add a random header image to the top of your website.
No PHP knowledge is neccessary to implement it into your site. Just upload all files to your plugin directory and activate it in the admin section of your site. Configuration is also done via the Wordpress admin section.
- Download the zipped plugin file and save it somewhere on your computer.
- Unzip this file and upload all the files+directory to the wp-content/plugins directory.
- Login to your Wordpress admin section and go to the plugins page
- In the list on the plugins page find the Random header entry en click the Activate link.
If the Random header entry doesn’t show up make sure all the files where uploaded and into the correct directory.
- All images used by this plugin need to be stored in a subdirectory images in your theme directory. For the default theme this should look something like this wp-content/themes/default/images. Upload all different images you have to this directory.
- Go to the options > Random header page to configure the plugin.
- That’s it your done.
What if it doesn’t work?
If you’ve installed this plugin and it doesn’t work these are some pointers to get it working.
- Is the plugin in the admin plugins list?
Make sure you uploaded it to the correct directory this is in general wp-content\plugins. Also make sure the directory randomheader is located here.
- Is the plugin activated?
Check the plugins list in your admin section and make sure it’s activated. If not click the activate link.
- Is there a ‘Random header’ tab under options?
If not check the points above.
- Which theme are you using?
This plugin was tested with the default Wordpress theme which contains all neccessary code for it to work. If the wp_head programming hook wasn’t included in your theme file this plugin might not work. Check this by selecting the default theme. If the headers show up you need to modify your theme files to include the wp_head hook.
- Does the html code contain the ID tag you supplied?
View the source of a page and check if the id attribute is somewhere in it. If this isn’t the case either modify the name on the options page or edit your theme file to include it (preferably somewhere in the header.php theme file).