THE CRICKET DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
To develop and promote the game of cricket, to select and prepare our teams to compete successfully in international competitions and to provide the necessary supporting infrastructure.
1. Junior and Youth Development Program
To reestablish the Junior and Youth Development Program which will have a major role in developing our young players within the eight regions. To identify, select and train our players so that they will perform at a very high level.
2. The National Senior Program
To select and prepare a high performing national team and an “A” team.
3. National Competitions
To schedule and conduct national competitions which will provide a stage for our players to display their cricketing skills.
4. Playing Rules and Conditions
To establish uniform playing rules for our tournaments.
5. A National Database
To create a national database of our cricketers, coaches, umpires, scorers, volunteers and other essential personnel.
6. National Coaches
To identify existing certified coaches and to recruit and train coaches for local, regional, national and international duties.
7. National Umpires Association
To establish and maintain a national umpires association.
8. Facilities and Infrastructure
To identify dedicated cricket facilities and to seek professional assistance to build turf pitches.
9. Information and Communication
To communicate with our stakeholders and to provide them with credible, relevant and timely information.
10. ICC Tournaments
To Host ICC tournaments.
11. USACA’S Image
To create and maintain a positive image of USACA.
12. The Spirit of Cricket
To uphold and promote the positive values associated with the game of cricket.
1. JUNIOR AND YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- To introduce and teach the game to the youths within and without the school system.
- To identify, select and prepare our young cricketers so that they will perform consistently at a very high level.
- Formulate JYDP with representatives from each region.
- Elect officers
- Review proposals of April 13, 2002 meeting
- JYDP designs development program
- Certified coaches brought online. Introduce cricket to at least one school as part of their internship.
- Coaches train teachers and gym instructors as junior coaches.
- Introduce school programs.
- Create data base of junior and youth players.
- Plan and conduct “Cricket Week USA”
- Select and prepare Under 13 and Under 15 squads.
2. THE NATIONAL SENIOR CRICKET PROGRAM
- To develop and maintain a qualified pool of our best cricketers.
- To select and prepare a national team that will be successful in international competition.
- Observe, identify and evaluate players at all regional and national competitions.
- Develop a qualified squad of 20 players.
- Provide adequate and regular specialized training.
- Introduce a “do it yourself fitness program”.
- Play “Invitational” with West Indies “A” team and national teams from the Caribbean.
- High level training for promising players – WICB Cricket Academy
Senior teams in the Caribbean.
- Use local residents with international experience to help prepare teams.
- Use a sports psychologist to help prepare team.
- Enter national or “A” team in high level local competitions, for example, Florida Red Stripe competition, New York Caribbean Cup, SCCA 20/20.
- Encourage young cricketers to participate in those competitions.
- Win the Americas Cup 2006.
- Select a USA “A” Team squad of 14 players to supplement the national team.
- Establish a graduate system of promotion based on the following teams.
2A. The Integrated System
- School cricket
- Under 13 national team
- Under 15 “A” team
- Under 15 national team
- Under 19 “A” team
- Under 19 national team
- USA “A” - 20 – 23 years
- USA national team
3. NATIONAL CRICKET COMPETITIONS
- To schedule and conduct national competitions in which the best players will want to participate and which will provide a stage on which our players can display their cricket skills.
- To widen the participation base.
- To give more participants a stake in the USACA dream.
a. Schedule and conduct the following competitions:
- Schools competitions
- Under 13
- Under 15
- Under 19
- National Tournament-Open
- National Inter-League
- National Inter-Collegiate
b. Establish venues – budget - funding
4. CRICKET PLAYING RULES
To establish and enforce uniform playing rules for all our competitions and tournaments.
- Appoint Rules Committee.
- Compile and publish appropriate rules.
5. NATIONAL CRICKET DATABASE
To create a credible database of all categories of cricketers, coaches, umpires, scorers, volunteers and other essential personnel.
6. NATIONAL CRICKET COACHES
- Appoint national registrar.
- Distribute registration form at all events.
- Invite personnel to register to the website.
- Make registration mandatory for all USACA events.
- Invite leagues and clubs to spread the word.
- Designation “ Registration Week”.