The materials herein are designed to allow the individual access to the worldview of the Gael at their own pace. Providing solid academically pertinent information is but one aspect of what the Clannada na Gadelica does. However, the whole of the Clannada's mission can be expressed in six statements.
1. Service - A commitment to the Gaelic communities, both established and beginning, to preserve and provide superior academically accurate information and other resources about Gaelic culture, and the cultural traditions as the culture itself defines its traditions.
2. Productivity - Excellence in educating people who wish to learn about Gaelic culture and its traditions, in developing local traditional Gaelic speaking and living communities, and in training leaders knowledgable in the ways and worldview of the Gael.
3. Sustainability - To promote growing healthy Gaelic communities based on traditional Gaelic culture, values, and traditions, as well as encouraging individuals to personally set and attain high goals.
4. Relationships - To provide a venue, based on traditional Gaelic models, for people to come together in healthy and safe communities; to provide a forum where synergism can be developed between the various communities; as well as to help familial units remain healthy and whole by encouraging people to interact with each other in love and understanding, as espoused in traditional Gaelic values.
5. Image - To maintain recognition as a professional, ethical, academically sound, and high quality organization as percieved by ourselves, academia, Gaels living in the Gaelic speaking areas of the old countries, and others who look to us to provide sound pertinent information and guidance about Gaelic culture.
6. Growth - Planned organizational growth through empowerment and vision that encourages personal growth, and innovation within the context of the Gaelic worldview and culture.