|Although its constituents make up barely
one percent of the total crowd, the most boisterous Buckeye
fans can be found in the "Block O" student section
of the south stands. This group lends it support through
organized cheers and signs, and is the largest student
organization on campus.
This tradition was started by Clancy Isaac, an OSU
cheerleader in 1938. Originally, "Block O"
was located in the closed (north) end of Ohio Stadium.
An actual "Block O" was painted on the stadium
seats in this area.