Teachings of Sant Dariya
sends HIS son to the world to save the living beings from the clutches of Kal. Sant Dariya
Saheb came to the world under the instructions of the Lord to save Jivas.Satpurush came to
Dharkandha(a village in Bihar, India) to instruct Dariya Saheb. The Lord enthroned Sant
Dariya and assured him to save the souls that followed his teachings.
Sant preached ahimsa(non-violence) against all living beings.According to
him,unless lamp of kindness is lighted, the soul cannot find the path that leads to the
The teaching of Dariya Saheb is above sects,castes and religions.People belonging to
any race,religion and caste can be benefited from His teaching.According to the saint, all
the men and women are the creation of the Satpurush.One should love and respect others as
one expects love and respect from others.Harsh words should not be spoken.One should see
his own image in others.Sant preached love and devotion to the Satpurush only.According to
Him no purpose is served by visiting places of pilgrimage if true devotion to the Lord is
misssing.Sant preached against ritualism.The human body has all the sixty eight
tirthas(places of pilgrimage). It is the true mandir/masjid in which the Lord could be
discovered and worshipped.
- Satpurush is unborn,eternal,all-powerful, creator of everything.He does not take birth
and meet death.He is beyond description.
- Jiva is the resident of Satlok .It has got entangled into the snare of Kal and is
wandering in samsar(world) in different forms
- Satpurush sends Sadguru to the samsara (world) to teach the misguided
souls(Jivas).Only Sadguru knows the path that liberates Jivas from the snares of Kal.Jiva,
by following the teachings of Sadguru, gets liberated and goes to his permanent abode,
that is satlok.
- Devotion to Satpurush alone can free the souls from the clutches of kal.Worship to
poly-gods, ghosts and other celetial objects have been discouraged by the saint.
- Observance of rituals and wandering in places of pilgrimage without true devotion to the
Lord serve no purpose.
- One should take vegetarian food only.Eating of meat is completely prohibited in his
- Sant has advocated two paths only for attainment of nirvan:
- Path of Knowledge,
- Path of Bhakti (Devotion)
- Human birth is most precious and it should not be lost in mere satisfaction of sensuous
pleasures,accumulation of wealth and wielding power.Human birth should be utilised for the
realisation of Pad-Nirvan (God).If this opportunity is lost, none can say when one would
be fortunate to get human birth again.Getting of human birth is rare.
- One does not become high or low from his origion of birth. By acquiring virtues and
doing good deeds only, one becomes high .
- Like all other saints of Nirgun School, Dariya Saheb discarded Avatarbad
(Incarnation theory). He didnot believe in the theory of Divine creation of
four classes of people as Brahman. Kshatriya, Vaisya and Sudra .
- Jiva and Brahma are two different entities.Jiva takes different forms(Rupas) in
Samsar whereas Brahma is beyond Samsar.Brahma is one while Jivas are
many.Jiva gets tainted by load of deeds and reaps the fruits of his actions.Brahma is nirlep
( beyond getting tainted).
|Teachings of the Saint could be summarised in
the following three heads:
1. Right Gahani (Understanding)
2. Right Rahani (Living)
3. Sumiran (Mindfulness)