Minux: The One Disk Linux SystemA complete Linux system just on one 3.5" floppy disk !
Introduction:Minux is a very small Linux system. No harddisk, no CD-ROM, no installation needed.
It needs just one 3.5" floppy disk !
- To run a computer with Linux, where no installation is possible or allowed. (For example your office computer, etc.)
- To do some work on Linux, without installing a complete Linux system.
- If you want to use some of the very usefull commands and tools from Linux.
- You want to run your old computer as a Linux machine and you don't want to do any installation, just to check, if it works.
Requirements:You just need a PC with at least an 80386 CPU and FPU, 4MB RAM. (No harddisk, no CD-ROM)
How to run Minux:To run the Minux system, there are only a few steps:
- Download the image (1447 KB, save it as 'mroot.bin')
- Copy it on a new 3.5" floppy disk.
Linux: dd if=mroot.bin of=/dev/fd0 bs=1k
DOS: rawrite.exe (Can be found in a Linux distribution or on the Internet )
- Boot the PC from the floppy disk.
- After the boot process, there won't be a login prompt. You are direct logged in as 'root'.
[ Index ]
[ Program ]
[ Link ]
Questions about Minux ? A suggestion to extend Minux or make it even better ?
Write a mail to email@example.com
File: index.htm Last update: Tue Sep 19 01:54:43 2000