Tucows Inc. (AMEX:TCX, TSX:TC) provides Internet services and downloadable software through a
global distribution network of more than 6,000 service providers. These service providers primarily
consist of web hosting companies, Internet service providers and providers of other services over
the Internet. Tucows’ services include domain registrations services, digital certificates, billing,
provisioning and customer care software solution, email and anti-spam services, Blogware and website
building tools. Tucows is an accredited registrar with the Internet Corporation for Assigned names
and Numbers, or ICANN, and generates revenue primarily through the provision of domain registration and
other Internet services to service providers who offer such services to their own customers in a process
known as wholesale distribution.
We believe that we are the best in the industry at understanding and servicing the needs of this powerful
and expanding reseller channel and that our resolute commitment to our customers, depth of experience,
technological innovation and consistent financial performance provide a solid foundation for Tucows'
TUCOWS CONFERENCE CALL
Thursday, May 04, 2006, AT 5:00 P.M. (ET)
Latest Financial News Release
- Founded 1993
- Ticker symbol: (AMEX:TCX, TSX:TC)
- Fiscal year end: December 31
- Number of employees: ~190
- Merged with Infonautics, Inc. (Nasdaq: INFO), in August 2001
- Acquired Boardtown Corporation in April 2004
- Acquired Hosted Messaging business of Critical Path Inc. in January 2006
- Headquartered in Toronto, Canada; Offices in Starkville Mississippi, U.S.A. and London, U.K.
- Solid Position in the Domain Name Registration Market - Largest wholesale provider of domain registrations in the world with more than 5.1 million names under management.
- Large and Growing Distribution Channel - Since January 2000, has grown its distribution channel to more than 6,000 active resellers in more than 100 countries.
- Recognized and Trusted Brand - Trusted name in the industry with a reputation for providing exceptional levels of customer service and support.
- Serving the Expanding SME Market - Through its global distribution channel provides Internet services to more than 30-million end-users, primarily small-and-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
- Strong Financial Position - Has a strong balance sheet, with $11.8 million in cash (including short-term investments), no long-term debt, and is consistently generating positive cash flow from operations.
- At Leverage Point in Business Model - Business model offers growth opportunity through the delivery of additional high-value added services to its customer base.
Tucows' objective is to be
the leading provider of Internet
services to Internet service providers,
web hosting companies and
other service providers worldwide.