Haz clic para publicar un nuevo tema Haz clic para añadir una nueva respuesta     Foros  ·   English only SorR Board
Usuari@ no conectad@  ·  Conectar usuari@
Nuevo usuario  ·  Tagboard  ·  Buscar  ·  F.A.Q.
Autor  Mensaje 
Forte79Forte79 
Normal

Haz clic para ver el perfil del usuario
Estado: Desconectado
Yuzo Koshiro: The composer

He is the composer of Streets of Rage series, What do you think about his worklist?

Streets of Rage1 is the first videogame with Techno music!
I prefer his soundtrack of Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 1,2. I like Trance music Rebotado

http://www.namco.co.jp/aa/am/vg/wanganmaxi...medley01-27.mp3

GAMES:

Algarna MNM SOFTWARE Sharp X68000 ?
Slice MNM SOFTWARE Sharp X68000 ?
Romancia PC 88 1985
Ys Sharp X68000 1987
Xanadu Scenario II MSX 1987
Dragon Slayer IV MSX 1987
Ys II Sharp X68000 1988
Sorcerian N88 Basic 1988
Wanderers from jumpers ? 1989
The Scheme BORSTECH NEC PC-8801 1989
Bosconian Sharp X68000 1989
Revenge of Shinobi Megadrive 1989
Sonic Game Gear / Master System 1991
Misty Blue NEC PC-8801 1991
Streets of Rage Megadrive / Game Gear / Master System 1991
GG Shinobi Game Gear 1991
Actraiser Super Nintendo 1991
Super Adventure Island Super Nintendo 1992
Streets of Rage 2 Megadrive / Game Gear / Master System 1992
Slap Fight Megadrive 1993
Actraiser 2 Super Nintendo 1993
Robotrek (only music producer...) Super Nintendo 1994
Eye of the Beholder Sega Mega CD 1994
Streets of Rage 3 Megadrive 1994
Story of Thor (Director and Composer) Megadrive 1994
Story of Thor 2 (Director and Composer) Saturn 1996
Valtva Saturn 1996
Zork Saturn / PlayStation 1996
Fox Juction PlayStation 1997
Culdcept Saturn / PlayStation 1998
Shenmue Dreamcast 2000
Car Battler Joe Game Boy Advance 2002
Wangan Midnight PlayStation 2 / Arcade 2002
Amazing Island Game Cube / Game Boy Advance 2004
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune Arcade 2004
Dokapon The World PlayStation 2 2004
NamcoxCapcom PlayStation 2 2005
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 Arcade 2005

MUSIC CD

The Super Shinobi & Works
The Scheme
Misty Blue
Actraiser
Actraiser Symphonic Suite
Bare Knuckle
Early Collection
Expert Takahashi´s Adventure Island
Bare Knuckle II
Bare Knuckle III
Early Collection II
Culdcept
Ten Plants (with Nobuo Uematsu and others...)
Thor: Chronicles of the Elemental King
Shenmue
The Scheme
Wangan Midnight
Street Fighter Tribute Album
Merregnon Vol. 2 (with Chris Huelsbeck and others...)
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune
Mensaje nuevo11/Feb/2005 01:37 GMT+1
IP / host del autor del mensaje IP guardada    Perfil   Haz clic para enviar un mensaje privado al usuario Privado   Web
GeckoYamoriGeckoYamori 
Hard

RE: Yuzo Koshiro: The composer

I don't think there were any real Techno tunes in Sor1, every track is just too funky and soulful to be classified as such.

Personally I don't like the Wangan soundtrack at all. I hate modern Trance, the entire concept of Trance just plain sucks compared to what it was before 1997. I can see why it goes well with the mainstream audience though. I think the main reason behind the success of the Sor music is because of the era it was made in. The conecpt of dance music back then was so good, even the Top 40 charts were enjoyable. And let's not forget Yuzo Koshiro was one of the few people that could make the Mega Drive's soundchip sound better than the SNES. Yuzo is a very talented composer, and when combined with the early 90s sound produced excellent results. But usually when he makes something else (His recent works in particular) it just comes out as pretty generic stuff.
Mensaje nuevo11/Feb/2005 17:45 GMT+1
IP / host del autor del mensaje IP guardada    Perfil   Haz clic para enviar un mensaje privado al usuario Privado
ShyningShyning 
Maniac

Forte79, that file does not exist anymore Enfurruñado

BTW, there is "The Scheme" 2 times in your "MUSIC CD" list Giño

I must agree with Gecko completely. SOR music is not really techno, as it has its own style and, most particularly, YK's style, which is recognizable and never heard anywhere but in his compositions for MD games. That style was never heard before SOR1 and has never been heard anymore since SOR2 Enfurruñado I mean, if we except the excellent remixes from Gecko and others Muchas risas

Yeah, techno / dance music in the 90's was great : it was new and entertaining.
Mensaje nuevo11/Feb/2005 19:19 GMT+1
IP / host del autor del mensaje IP guardada    Perfil   Haz clic para enviar un mensaje privado al usuario Privado
Forte79Forte79 
Normal

Here a new link: Rebotado

http://www.namco.co.jp/aa/am/vg/wanganmaxi/ost_demo.shtml

In 2002 or 2003 other "The Scheme Soundtrack" is released, with new remix

SoR1 in 1991 it was an earthquake in videogame music, SoR 2 the confirmation with house style, a masterpiece, and SoR3 Avergonzado well... a small deception it was good music but nothing commercial, there are many opinions

Mensaje nuevo11/Feb/2005 22:44 GMT+1
IP / host del autor del mensaje IP guardada    Perfil   Haz clic para enviar un mensaje privado al usuario Privado   Web
GeckoYamoriGeckoYamori 
Hard

Sor3 was mostly done by the other guy, Motohiro Kawashima. He also did most of the crazy tracks in Sor2.
Mensaje nuevo12/Feb/2005 00:35 GMT+1
ShyningShyning 
Maniac

Is it that guy that did Spin on the bridge, which you are currently remixing ? Because I find, a posteriori, that this song is very similar to the SOR3 soundtrack (which explains why this track is not my preferred one in the SOR2 soundtrack) and not much in the style of Yuzo Koshiro.
Mensaje nuevo12/Feb/2005 12:54 GMT+1
PLAY-MGPLAY-MG 
Very Easy

I don't actively dislike modern trance music, but I do not hunt it down anymore.
For me, it peaked around 1999 with Ministry of Sound's best releases/sets.

However...Koshiro's Maximum Tune stuff, this is good trance. And I won't denigrate it just because it's "trance". No, this is pretty cool music, period.

You can hear Koshiro's signature sound in everything he does, from Ys to SoR 2 to Shenmue and even Max Tune. There's a certain quality to the way he transitions melody that is unique and *awesome.

*there are notable lapses, such as Thor, which didn't do it for me.
Mensaje nuevo28/Feb/2005 21:05 GMT+1
Forte79Forte79 
Normal

This guy Motohiro... after StreetS of Rage 3 disappeared. Stranger

"The Story of Thor 2 is one of his best works, the musical atmosphere in
SoT2 involves a lot of silence as they progressively evolve without ever repeating themselves, much like some classical music pieces. Some of the songs, actually makes you think of classical symphonies. No loops, no main themes, no or few
event music..." but is the more exciting music

Flash
Mensaje nuevo03/Mar/2005 18:46 GMT+1
Forte79Forte79 
Normal

New demo of Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 Soundtrack:

http://www.namco.co.jp/aa/am/vg/wanganmaxi/mp3/medley02.mp3

http://www.namco.co.jp/aa/am/vg/wanganmaxi/ost.shtml

I think WM MT 2 (Trance/House/Techno style) is the evolution of Streets of Rage style, dont think?

This music would not be out of place in a dancing club or in your Hi Fi system!
Mensaje nuevo09/Abr/2005 15:08 GMT+1
ShyningShyning 
Maniac

The least I can say is that it's trance-trance-trance... And it's definitely no more in the style of SOR. All the tracks sound the same and, as a whole, it seems very repetitive. The tracks seem not to have any originality : they all sound like generic trance. Enfurruñado
Mensaje nuevo09/Abr/2005 15:39 GMT+1
PLAY-MGPLAY-MG 
Very Easy

Escrito originalmente por Shyning
The least I can say is that it's trance-trance-trance... And it's definitely no more in the style of SOR. All the tracks sound the same and, as a whole, it seems very repetitive. The tracks seem not to have any originality : they all sound like generic trance. Enfurruñado

The first CD on the Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 soundtrack is fucking awesome. Some of the best melodic trance I've heard in years, including classics from Ministry of Sound circa '97-99.

The second CD has some dubious miscues, including nasty vocals by Ms. Paula Terry on one track, but the first CD...you've completely lost the plot if you don't enjoy Yuzo here, pulling out all the stops with clean, smooth, vibrant trance.
Mensaje nuevo27/Abr/2005 08:33 GMT+1
ShyningShyning 
Maniac

You may be right. The only problem is that what I listened to was only the short medley samples found on the website and not the full tracks, so maybe my judgment has been distorted by these too short and mixed samples...
Mensaje nuevo27/Abr/2005 18:34 GMT+1
Forte79Forte79 
Normal

Do you like the J-Pop? I´m not, but this song is cooooooooool Sonrisa

Is the last work of Yuzo, this introduction is from Yuzo (music) and Flair (singer, but this I´m not sure)

Namco released a demo of his introduction game (a TacticRPG), here you can look and heard too

http://rapidshare.de/files/1453804/NxP_PV01.wmv.html

Mensaje nuevo05/May/2005 23:22 GMT+1
ShyningShyning 
Maniac

OK. I downloaded the Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune soundtrack (2 CD) and I listened to it.

It's not bad at all. I just wished it was a bit less repetitive. The 2nd CD has obviously more tracks that show some originality and that differ from classic trance, but too many tracks have the same "taaataaatataaata taaataaatataaata" synth lead. Otherwise, it's well done and there are some sounds reminiscent of the SOR soundtracks, but we are far from them...
Mensaje nuevo10/May/2005 18:54 GMT+1
Opciones:  Versión imprimible del tema
Haz clic para añadir una nueva respuesta    Foros  ·   English only SorR Board
Haz clic para ir al tema anterior Haz clic para ir al tema siguiente
Todas las fechas y horas son GMT+1. Ahora son las 19:17.
Ir al subforo:  
Foro cortesia de

Versión 1.9.1