Pages: (17) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Goodbye Nickster, Posted by Nick's Dad
007_sr
Posted: May 25 2006, 05:40 PM

Nickster's Dad
Group Icon

Group: Dev
Member No.: 24

"And finally there is a part of me that is really looking forward to finding out the answer to one of life's great mysteries. Is there life after death? What is out there? So many people go about their daily lives unconcerned with the fact that they are nothing more than an ant upon a huge rock flying through a universe so large it can't even be imagined. The universe is so vast, what is my part to play in this thing called life? Nobody knows for sure what happens to our souls when we depart this plain of existence. I am going to find out. I think it's going to be something both unimaginable and great. I will see you on the other side."
Love,Nick

Nick was very proud of his involvement with this mod. I don't know how much he had been involved lately, but although very sad, I thought I would share the last paragraph of his good bye to us. In our thought and prayers. God Bless.
007_sr

*fourtecks edit* additional info

Hi,

I can't tell you how impressed I have been reading the posts.The majority of them are moving and touching. This message is to you but you can post whatever information I give you. The prayer posted by lo-fi and the entire post by jeo (May 26,302am) were used at Nick's service. The service was beautiful. It made us all realize the gift we had lost. The comments by the people who knew him were humorous,uplifting and enlightening. You could tell how many people he had touched in a posistive way.

As most of you know from communicating with him over time Nick was an intelligent,funny and caring person. Nick has been fighting the dark side of depression since his early teens. This event has been replayed in his mind for as long as I can remember. Nick had been in and out of treatment many times over the years. I credit his mom,brother and sister for never giving up on him. His family has always been there for him through this all. Anyone getting to know him would never know. He hid this dreppression from the world very well, even us. We really believed he was over the hurdle for a long time now. We will really never know the pain and sadness or loneliness he was feeling.

There's been a little confusion on exactly what happened. I was a little upset with some of the posts I read on Digg. but I realize this is the internet. Nick lived in a side by side townhouse. The house on the other side was vacant. He started the grill in the empty apartment next door in the bathroom. I dont believe there was ever any intention for there to be a fire. According to the fire inspector Nick was long dead before the fire started. He just went to sleep from carbon monoxide poisoning.

I hope this clears some things up. I'm findind writing this message to be very helpful in helping me cope. Nick twisted my arm for years to get me to play half life. I've gotten to know and play with some great people. I can't tell you what it means to me to read all the wonderful things people have been writing about Nick. From the bottom of my heart i know Nick didn't want any of us to be sad.

In our thoughts and prayers. God Bless
Don Bishop  (007_sr)
Dexee
Posted: May 25 2006, 05:54 PM

Oddjob

Group: Members
Member No.: 561

No...... this can't be... anyone else but nickster.... he cannot be dead.\

http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo.
Zachstar
Posted: May 25 2006, 06:24 PM

Assistant

Member No.: 267

*Edited* By Baron

But if its no dear god what is going on!
jeo
Posted: May 25 2006, 06:29 PM

00 Agent
Group Icon

Member No.: 699

I'm still skeptical. It's sad, but this is probably the best way to detatch himself from the mod, but still motivate the team to finish it up. I'm not proposing it is not true, but until futher proof, besides talking to his "sister" online, becomes available, i will remain skeptical, lost, and sad.
Zachstar
Posted: May 25 2006, 06:31 PM

Assistant

To not be a SOB im going to for now honor his death..

I remember Nickster well the time I remember the first time I sat in that chatroom waiting for him to come on to talk to him about somthing. I remember the chats I had with the team and nickster in the teamspeak and vent servers...

I remember the time he had contacted me and asked If I knew about the game Bridge Commander a while later we played a single match where I had faced him and blew up his ship. I dont remember much about it but it ended up pretty boring.

RIP Nickster I do hope you found what you were looking for...
Saiz
Posted: May 25 2006, 06:47 PM

Props Modeller/\Vacant: Open For Suggestions
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,128

I have been talking to his sister. This is what she said to me

"it happened tuesday. he. just did it. he was alone. and he.. i dont know how well you knew him. but he's gone. and i dont know what to say to you, this is not a joke if it ever was. it would have to be the worst joke i have ever heard of. you know. he was really an amazing person.. oh mann. "

As much as I wish this was a joke its appearing more and more that its not. Nickster was an amazing leader.
Zachstar
Posted: May 25 2006, 06:50 PM

Assistant

I propose this mod be dedicated to his memory and his devotion to the team he made and the community which benefited from his will leadership!!

RIP Nickster!
MtM0201
Posted: May 25 2006, 07:34 PM

JS mapper/music artist
Group Icon

Group: Janus Syndicate
Member No.: 550

QUOTE (Saiz @ May 25 2006, 08:47 PM)
I have been talking to his sister. This is what she said to me

"it happened tuesday. he. just did it. he was alone. and he.. i dont know how well you knew him. but he's gone. and i dont know what to say to you, this is not a joke if it ever was. it would have to be the worst joke i have ever heard of. you know. he was really an amazing person.. oh mann. "

As much as I wish this was a joke its appearing more and more that its not. Nickster was an amazing leader.

see you in heaven nickster, you'll be remembered ;) :(
Noodle Pudding
Posted: May 25 2006, 07:47 PM

Renard
Group Icon

Group: Janus Syndicate
Member No.: 542

Retract my first post. Im sorry. Its just all of the fake ones before it you dont know what to expect. This is extremely nerving. Nickster was a great leader. Im so sorry he had to go.

RIP Nickster, we'll see you on the other side...
pimpjuice101
Posted: May 25 2006, 08:11 PM

Agent

Member No.: 234

This is terrible. I hope Nick can read this in heaven. (no religon bashing)
nickster
Posted: May 25 2006, 08:21 PM

MI6
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

to everyone concerned with nick,

it is true. he is gone. this was no joke.

someone wanted me to post a death certificate..
i dont know of one at this time, but i do have a link to the Green Press Gazette. He was mentioned in the obituaries (Nicholas L. Bishop) and in the news (Man found dead in Bellevue duplex fire).
i hope this helps. he was my brother and i loved him.
i will always love him.

Green Bay Press Gazette

i never got computers the way Nick did, but maybe later my other brother Danny could post something else. Something more official and more direct to make sure everyone knows.
Nick would never joke like this.
He actually had a Good sense of humor. Who ever would make his death a joke doesn't have what he had. I hope you remember him fondly. I hope this helps you. I hope one day we all will understand.

if anyone would like to hear anything further from me, i suppose you could get in touch with me through e-mail: daysaregoingby@yahoo.com. My name is Eve.

Don't worry. There is nothing anyone can do.
just Keep Living.
i will for my brother. he asked me to be strong. i am trying. he wants me to keep doing the right things and making the right decisions. there's not one day i won't think about whether i am or not. He told me not to give up. I know now that is one thing i could never do.
he mentioned to my mom to smile when she thinks of him. I think that's what he wants everyone to do. Just remember him fondly. Remember the good times and not the bad.

Take care of yourselves.
pimpjuice101
Posted: May 25 2006, 08:36 PM

Agent

Member No.: 234

Thank you for helping us understand a bit more Nicksters brother. Would be cool if you were active on the forums a bit ;) You seem pretty cool.
InvertedShadow
Posted: May 25 2006, 08:40 PM

00 Agent
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,927

This is horrible. He will be missed.
fonfa
Posted: May 25 2006, 08:46 PM

Level Designer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,416

i don't even know what to say. i'm shocked. he was a great guy.
Turboracer
Posted: May 25 2006, 09:14 PM

Gone

Member No.: 179

I don't even know what to say...

Nick seemed like a great guy, I wish I had gotten to know him in person.

I just don't know...
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »

Pages: (17) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree (Terms of Use: Updated 7/7/05) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1504 seconds | Archive