Halifax Twp Park and Conservation Area
The proposed Halifax Township Park and Conservation Area consists of 174 acres located just north of Halifax Borough on the former Sarah Yeager Estate. It is bordered on one side by the Susquehanna River and contains a long stretch of Armstrong Creek. It also contains the site of historic Fort Halifax (1751). Planning is still underway but expected uses include conservation, passive recreation, wildlife habitat, environmental education, historic preservation, and expanded municipal facilities.
Note: This tract is still in private ownership and negotiations are underway for purchase by the Conservancy. Please consider downloading the flyer and sending it in with a generous tax-deductible donation.
Directions - From Halifax borough go north on Route 147 for a short distance. The property is on both sides of the highway.