www.autosurfauthority.com - Unbiased Monitoring Service Home

Search

Members

Calendar

Help

Home
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
www.autosurfauthority.com - Unbiased Monitoring Service > General Discussion > Open Discussion > Serious Discussion For All Surfers Going On Right Now

Expires - 9/10

mts
mts
Expires - 9/10
Expires - 9/8
Expires - 9/8
Expires - 9/9
Expires - 9/10
Expires - 9/10
Expires - 9/8

Serious Discussion For All Surfers Going On Right Now
 Moderated by: BadTigz  

Print
AuthorPost
lsurf2

Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Aug 28th, 2006 05:52 am

Please excuse my posting here.

There is a very serious discussion going on in another thread that I personally

believe would help members here too.

Here's the link

http://www.asamonitor.com/forum/forum22/2523-7.html

We are all in the same boat here as Sufers.

Sincerely,

Lsurf2

PLEASE SPREAD THE NEWS! Tell All
lsurf2

Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Aug 28th, 2006 06:39 pm

Ok the requests from Admins are starting to coming in!

They are starting to ask how to be verified by our

Sufer's Union!

The writting is on the wall now.

also the signups for the new Union are rolling in too :)

If you have yet joined please go to the link below and do so now.

Also our strength is in numbers so

PLEASE PLEASE TELL OTHER'S

When you register as a member you are given an id number and an

affiliate referral link...

Please use that to tell others so that I know who referred who.

Once again thank you everyone for stepping forward today and taking

back our power.

Sincerely,

Lsurf2

Jake234
Administrator

Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Aug 28th, 2006 10:13 pm

A surfer union is a great idea, I think customers & admins would love this. This would build support for a advertising site. :D

http://www.asamonitor.com/videos/autobuilder.htm
http://www.15hitsdaily.com/?ref=15
http://vipsurfclub.com/index.php?refid=66373
http://www.midas-surf.com/?ref=22
http://mvpsurf.com/?ref=310
lsurf2

Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Aug 28th, 2006 10:22 pm

Jake234 wrote: A surfer union is a great idea, I think customers & admins would love this. This would build support for a advertising site. :D

See Jake is in this for the long haul.

We do not compete against each other at all.

We can work side by side.

Jake feel free to pm me and we can talk.

Sincerely,

Lsurf2

Jake234
Administrator

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 29th, 2006 02:03 am

I just joined!!:cool:

http://www.asamonitor.com/videos/autobuilder.htm
http://www.15hitsdaily.com/?ref=15
http://vipsurfclub.com/index.php?refid=66373
http://www.midas-surf.com/?ref=22
http://mvpsurf.com/?ref=310
clavin

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 29th, 2006 03:45 am

Hi Jake,

How about a New Topic  " SURFERS UNION

PLEASE SPREAD THE NEWS! -->
rushourgraffic

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 29th, 2006 04:04 am

OK lsurf2:

Now that we are on a clear playing field, please elaborate to us:

1. How will surfs and admins be verified?

a. Are any admins willing to give up their "priviledged income source info"?

2. What will keep you (since this is your site) from becoming "tainted" by the sites you surf?

3. What are the "powers" and more importantly the responsibilities of the so-called
Surf Marshalls you talked about? OR - are we talking Gestapo tactics here?

4. How will you "reward" good surfs and "punish" bad ones?

5 What makes this surfers union better than these forums and other AS monitors?

So far all I see is a gathering of souls. I see no mechanisms in place to administer these grand ideas. How much has been thought through that you are not telling us?
Or have you just set up a website and will "figure it out" as you go?

-------

Everything in the internet world has an equivalent parallel in the real world.

What I said about history, stands. Learn from it or repeat it.

Checks and balances should be built in from the beginning or you will be reacting to events instead of shaping them. Yes the union is a good idea. But it needs to be done properly from the start, or you will be wasting not just your time, but ours as well.

Crooked and cheating admins (and hackers and cheating surfers) will be with us until the day we (and/or the AS industry) dies.  This is the case in the real world also. The problem with the internet world, is the ease and speed of which "businesses" and "identities" can be created and manipulated. Anything that you can create to thwart these criminals (on both sides), can and will be hacked and broken. The legacy of "one-up-manship" or better "keeping up with the jones" verily applies to the internet!

Do I have any answers? Only knee-jerk ones right now. I just got into this today.

What about you? Is this your first day on the union bandwagon? Or have you thought this out more thoroughly? If you have, you website doesn't show it.

lsurf2

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 29th, 2006 04:52 am

To save time and wasting energy please find my replies below

in blue.

Sincerely,

Lsurf2

rushourgraffic wrote:
OK lsurf2:

Now that we are on a clear playing field, please elaborate to us:
That is not a correct statement we are not on a clear playing field because you just said it.

1. How will surfs and admins be verified?
That will be disclosed to registered members of the Surfer Union Site that I have setup to offer a solution to the last 8 weeks or so of sheer hell fellow surfers have gone through and are still going through right this second.  What have you got for a solution?  

a. Are any admins willing to give up their "priviledged income source info"?
Who said they had to?

2. What will keep you (since this is your site) from becoming "tainted" by the sites you surf?
Backbone and self respect!

3. What are the "powers" and more importantly the responsibilities of the so-called
Surf Marshalls you talked about? OR - are we talking Gestapo tactics here?
Once again you like to knock something down with out even having the facts in front of you.  I can understanding you making statements like that if you where given the terms regarding Surf Marshalls and they reflected "Gestapo tactics" The facts will first be disclosed to the membership at the right time and of course to those who have been selected to hold the title.

4. How will you "reward" good surfs and "punish" bad ones?
That is so easy to answer.  We reward them by staying with them and punish the bad ones by ignoring them and not referring them.

5 What makes this surfers union better than these forums and other AS monitors?
Glad you asked that, now we are getting into some good stuff.  The foundation is not being put together based on ad revenue to support it from Admin advertising.  It is also going to be based on the fact that I am no longer going to personally surf.  I have to be arms length away from the earnings.  To report the facts you need to be focused on gathering and processing lots and lots of data.

So far all I see is a gathering of souls. I see no mechanisms in place to administer these grand ideas. How much has been thought through that you are not telling us?
Or have you just set up a website and will "figure it out" as you go?
Wow!  I see real people coming together to take back their respect and stand up to being BS'd by some, not all Admins.  I'll play along with your attempt to be witty and sarcastic.  Yes there is a great deal of thought that has gone into what we will be doing and no it is not flying by the seat of my pants... although with my years of experience flying by the seat of my pants is not an issue either.

-------

Everything in the internet world has an equivalent parallel in the real world.

What I said about history, stands. Learn from it or repeat it.

Checks and balances should be built in from the beginning or you will be reacting to events instead of shaping them.
Oh I am not reactive at all.. I am very much a trailblazer and implementer.Yes the union is a good idea. But it needs to be done properly from the start, or you will be wasting not just your time, but ours as well.You mean like the time I am using to answer this attack here?  I am answering it because you and I both know the real reason for your posting this type of attack so close to the top of this thread.  So you have me captured here right now to respond to our sarcasim and inuendo.  But You will not sustain my attention because we are soon going to surpass number 400 in the member's area and I will be up to my ear lobes doing real work and not bantering back and forth.

Crooked and cheating admins (and hackers and cheating surfers) will be with us until the day we (and/or the AS industry) dies.  This is the case in the real world also. The problem with the internet world, is the ease and speed of which "businesses" and "identities" can be created and manipulated. Anything that you can create to thwart these criminals (on both sides), can and will be hacked and broken. The legacy of "one-up-manship" or better "keeping up with the jones" verily applies to the internet!
So your solution would be to roll over and surrender?  The only thing you can do is keep ahead of the dark side and dedicate your business to being the best you can be not just today but everyday.

Do I have any answers? Only knee-jerk ones right now. I just got into this today.
I got into this puppy 14 yrs ago and I am not walking into this with my eyes wide shut.  I don't have all the answers but I do have an alternative and a burning desire to follow through. That is why I stepped away for a few days earlier last week to make sure I wanted to move forward with this group.

What about you? Is this your first day on the union bandwagon? Or have you thought this out more thoroughly? If you have, you website doesn't show it.
Ok enough with the wise cracks... The website is fine for now and it is proving that it is by the number of surfer's who have already joined.  The site will evolve as more and more tasks get deligated and we rev up our engines.  

Ok I also wanted to say that I am here to steer us into a solid group and not here to deal with jabs like this.  You choose to join or not it's totally up to you and if you are influenced by people who knock something before they even know the facts. That's your right too. 

Right now my responsibility is 200% with the new surfer's who have joined today.

If you want to carry on a conversation void of personal attacks and sarcasim I have no problem doing that. 

But

I will not alot anymore of my member's time bantering back and forth with you.

Hopefully your intentions are good ones and not ones to try and hurt the Union before it gets off the ground.

I wish you success and health and peace.

Sincerely,

Lsurf2

Moneyman1

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 29th, 2006 05:28 am

Rushourgraphic I have to say that I too was very skeptical and after a little back and forth last night and today with lsurf2, weighing what he said to me...Analysing and over-analysing his posts he truly impressed me.  Not only did he defend something that he thought was the right thing to do but he actually changed my mind.  The most impressive part of all was we talked personally and we will be meeting face to face in the next few weeks in Montreal.  We are going to be entering an era of new models, new surfs and Lord knows what and we need to be collective in our decisions and group together all of our experiences.  I can see a lot of good things down the road for this "union" now and I really did put a lot of thought into it.  I now know how serious lsurf2 is about this "union".  I have even come up with a few suggestions myself which I will be putting together and giving to him personally in Montreal.  That is what this "union" will be here for...Everyones ideas, every ones due dilligences and every one will be able to start making admins accountable.  Give it a try even if you are still skeptical...If you don't like it in a while opt out.  Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Moneyman1

surfdoc

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 29th, 2006 07:52 am

Lsurf2,
My take on Rushhourgraffic's comments are that we are joining something to empower the surfers, but we as members do not know what that something really is.  It's because you have not fleshed out any details for us yet. Even though you have thought about this awhile, we are still in dark as to how this will work, be effective, avoid becoming tainted, etc.  There is enthusiasm for the idea that we can do something, we are just waiting to find out what the details are.  I think that Rushhourgraffic wants to see if the emperor is wearing any new clothes or not.  Perhaps that skepticism is just expressed in a somewhat sarcastic manner.  On the other hand, you are excited about this new venture, and want everyone to get on board.  You are a thoughtful person.  You know that jumping into something that someone claims is the latest and greatest isn't wise without some facts. When the facts (details) are out, more will join the Surfers Union, if it looks to be effective, etc.
We are all waiting to know more.
Surfdoc

lsurf2

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 29th, 2006 02:10 pm

surfdoc wrote: Lsurf2,
My take on Rushhourgraffic's comments are that we are joining something to empower the surfers, but we as members do not know what that something really is.  It's because you have not fleshed out any details for us yet. Even though you have thought about this awhile, we are still in dark as to how this will work, be effective, avoid becoming tainted, etc.  There is enthusiasm for the idea that we can do something, we are just waiting to find out what the details are.  I think that Rushhourgraffic wants to see if the emperor is wearing any new clothes or not.  Perhaps that skepticism is just expressed in a somewhat sarcastic manner.  On the other hand, you are excited about this new venture, and want everyone to get on board.  You are a thoughtful person.  You know that jumping into something that someone claims is the latest and greatest isn't wise without some facts. When the facts (details) are out, more will join the Surfers Union, if it looks to be effective, etc.
We are all waiting to know more.
Surfdoc

Surfdoc,

Thanks for your post.

I am working behind the scence right  now to get the details put into the member's area. So today will be a very busy day and not much posting ;)

Sincerely,

Lsurf2

clavin

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 29th, 2006 02:42 pm

SURFERS UNION.

Common SURFERS, it is about time that we start joining together to build someting here.

Rome was'nt build in a day,  this is a new concept, we, surfers, should try to help this guy build something.

We should send encouraging messages and give our opinion on how the UNION should work.

Be POSITIVE about it.

It is in our interest to do so.

I am fedup with  admins  that keep trying to steal my money.

So let's get together and give our opinion on What the Surfer's Union should be.

peace3314

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 29th, 2006 09:34 pm

I've joined; what could it hurt to have another group of monitors with eyes wide open watching each other's backs?

With a system of checks and balances in place we can hopefully avoid being manipulated by name changing chameleon admin that are here today, gone tomorrow and then here again with a new name.

We must follow up on tracking down scammers; if they are allowed to proceed without challenge they will continue to drain our resources.  This must not be allowed to happen.

Anyone can point fingers and say, you're website isn't nice enough, you don't really know what you are doing, etc.  At least here is an attempt to do something proactive.  Get involved...be a true community...care for one another!!!

MVP Surf

15 Hits Daily
lsurf2

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 29th, 2006 09:50 pm

peace3314 wrote: I've joined; what could it hurt to have another group of monitors with eyes wide open watching each other's backs?

With a system of checks and balances in place we can hopefully avoid being manipulated by name changing chameleon admin that are here today, gone tomorrow and then here again with a new name.

We must follow up on tracking down scammers; if they are allowed to proceed without challenge they will continue to drain our resources.  This must not be allowed to happen.

Anyone can point fingers and say, you're website isn't nice enough, you don't really know what you are doing, etc.  At least here is an attempt to do something proactive.  Get involved...be a true community...care for one another!!!

Amen!

Bravo!

Sincerely,

Lsurf2

clavin

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Aug 30th, 2006 01:17 pm

lsurf2 wrote: peace3314 wrote: I've joined; what could it hurt to have another group of monitors with eyes wide open watching each other's backs?

Amen!

Bravo!

Sincerely,

Lsurf2

I could not have said it better.

It's about time surfers get together.

Froggy

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Aug 30th, 2006 04:24 pm

Perhaps I b a tad slow .....But I don't get it......I joined , logged in ..ain't realy nuthin der cept a referral link.   ??????

Whos' your Daddy?
http://www.bigdaddysurf.biz/?ref=162
brandspankin new 10%x15 days (still has dat new surf smell)
http://www.mytrafficsolutions.c
Moneyman1

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Aug 30th, 2006 04:29 pm

Not yet Froggy...Hold tight though.  Lsrurf2 just started this thing a few days ago and I do not think he expected quite the response.  he is working hard to get all up and running and, to say the least, you will be impressed.  All will come to light over the coming days.

Moneyman1

lsurf2

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Aug 30th, 2006 05:54 pm

Froggy wrote: Perhaps I b a tad slow .....But I don't get it......I joined , logged in ..ain't realy nuthin der cept a referral link.   ??????

Hello Froggy,

Thanks for joining!

Right now we are in pre-launch mode.  We need to get a good size membeship going so that we will have CLOUT!

After members join they are sent an activation e-mail so that we make sure that we have a good e-mail address on file and that our data base doesn't get corrupted.

You and other memebrs will be happy to know that anyone you refer with your special and unique affliate link, which we supply for you in the member area, will make sure that you get credit for the member who joins our Surfer Union. :)

Down the road we will open up a feature where you can send out notices to those below you. As long as it is not spam and or abuse.

Now for the reason for not toooooo much info on the page yet.

We are just getting the community together and do not want to impose our thoughts 100% on you. 

We want to have a meeting with members and discuss the issues and what our stance as a community will be.  This way we will have a unified voice and message.

Very shortly I will open the doors on our live conference room where we can meet and speak together as a civilized body.  This will be awesome and effective for our goals of making Admins acknowledge us and listen to us.

Boy oh boy they are going to listen to us I can assure you of that! :-)

If they don't then they won't get our member's business and if they turn sour afterwards we'll have an early warning system in place and we won't be waiting weeks and weeks to sound it. 

Our goals are the same as yours.

Give us the real info we are not kids here and we don't want to be treated like second hand trash. 

My goal is to make this industry strong and transparent. 

There will be those who will try and tell you that it will not be possible because of this reason or that reason.  Don't listen to them they have their own agenda and are not part of the solution.

There is always a way, there is only a need to look for that way and then to implement it.

We as a strong community will

Find it!

Do it!

Enjoy it!

Ok I have to go back to work here.  Thank you for your post and please help us get the word out to everyone!

Sincerely,

Lsurf2

p.s. We are not going to stop!

tdinoz

Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Aug 31st, 2006 05:56 am

Jake234 wrote: A surfer union is a great idea, I think customers & admins would love this. This would build support for a advertising site. :D

Well that depends on if we ever get to find out who is behind the curtain really

See here 

http://www.asamonitor.com/forum/forum2/2580.html

I'm not having much luck and that speaks for itself in my opinion anyway :?

With any collection of membership fees be it a local sporting club or this

type of idea there has to be some information put out ,

Beforehand is always better

this Rabbit and curtain talk from isurf2 dont cut it for me

This community we are building is not about one person it is about

what we can do as a group together.

Sincerely,

Lsurf2

p.s. Besides I am getting far more research completed right now by being Lsurf2.  Once I am able to have the info I need to go after these bad admins I'll step out from behind the big curtain ;)  Beeee berry berry quiet I am hunting rabbit!!!

Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Aug 31st, 2006 06:46 am

tdinoz wrote: Jake234 wrote: A surfer union is a great idea, I think customers & admins would love this. This would build support for a advertising site. :D

Well that depends on if we ever get to find out who is behind the curtain really

See here 

http://www.asamonitor.com/forum/forum2/2580.html

This community we are building is not about one person it is about

what we can do as a group together.

Sincerely,

Lsurf2

p.s. Besides I am getting far more research completed right now by being Lsurf2.  Once I am able to have the info I need to go after these bad admins I'll step out from behind the big curtain ;)  Beeee berry berry quiet I am hunting rabbit!!!

Now, Now Gail play nice, You can't jump to the head of the line and have a sneak peak at everything before the others who have joined way ahead of you and are nice enough to be patient.

Who asked any money from you?

Yes the information has to be put into it and it will be.

Just not in the time line you are demanding. 

Have you tried to research and investigate these Surf Site Admins?

Do you have a clue of how much money we are talking about that they process

each day?

Do you think they would be free with inside information if they could

run to this forum and see names?

Come on be serious, this is not a game to me and I am not sitting at a computer

trying to be a monday evening coach. 

I have invested a great amount of time, money and personal risk to bring this

Surfer Union here.

No one has forced you to sign up and or asked you for one red cent.

Because I am only interested in getting the right info out to members about the

auto surf industry I will not post here any rumor or bashing.

If you would like to create your own solution you are free to do it too, their is plenty

of room for everyone.

If your trying to win some sort of trophy for seeing if you can get the info before

anyone else that is not going to happen.

The info will be given to member's only and in the member's only area where I know

it is safe.

Sincerely,

Lsurf2

Last edited on Thu Aug 31st, 2006 07:15 am by lsurf2

Current time is 08:06 am
Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page