Penn State Beaver
Penn State Beaver, a 100-acre campus located in Beaver County, is fifteen miles north
of the Pittsburgh International Airport and thirty miles north of Pittsburgh. The campus,
founded in 1965, enrolls approximately 650 students from across the country and has
thirty-five full-time faculty members. The Beaver campus comprises ten major buildings,
including a newly renovated food court/food service building and two residence halls that
house 320 students.
Penn State Delaware County
Founded in 1967, the Delaware County campus features four major
buildings on 90 acres of park-like grounds about 15 miles west of the city of
Philadelphia. Approximately 1,600 students are enrolled at the campus and are
served by a full-time faculty of 70 and a library containing more than 50,000
volumes. In addition, several thousand residents of southeastern Pennsylvania
are served annually through a variety of professional development courses,
workshops, seminars and conferences, both on campus and on-site at the work
place. The campus offers eight baccalaureate degree programs, three associate
degrees, four credit certificates, and maintains articulation agreements with
Johns Hopkins and Thomas Jefferson Universities for its Allied Health and
Penn State DuBois
The DuBois campus, founded in 1935, is located on a twenty-seven-acre site in the city
of DuBois, near the northwest corner of Clearfield County. Four major buildings and
four residential-type structures provide classroom, laboratory, and office space. The campus employs forty-eight
full-time faculty members and serves more than 800 students. The campus offers three
baccalaureate degrees and twelve associate degree programs, including Wildlife Technology and
Materials Engineering Technology, degrees unique to the DuBois campus.
Penn State Fayette
Penn State Fayette campus moved to its current location on Route 119
situated between Uniontown and Connellsville after serving the community for
over 30 years in various locations in downtown Uniontown. Fayette has eleven
major buildings including a new Biomedical Technology Building, which was
dedicated in 1999. A $6 million renovation to the Eberly Building (the first
structure on campus) was completed in August 2001, making it one of the most
state-of-the-art technological learning environments in the country, and a new
$10 million community center is set to open its doors in 2004. Student
enrollment is approximately 1,000. Five
baccalaureate degrees and eight associate degrees are offered at Fayette.
Penn State Hazleton
The Hazleton campus, founded in 1934, is located in Luzerne County on a 104-acre
forested site near Hazleton. It has fifteen major buildings, including three residence
halls. The enrollment includes approximately 1,000 students in credit programs and 200
enrollments in informal programs. The faculty consists of approximately fifty full-time
Penn State Lehigh Valley
Penn State Lehigh Valley (formerly Allentown campus), founded in 1912, is located in Lehigh County on a forty-acre rural site ten miles west of the city of Allentown. A single-story academic building constructed in 1977 houses most of the functions of the campus. Since 1994 the campus has acquired a fitness center to enhance the recreational opportunities available to the students and staff. An auxiliary facility contains a video conferencing lab. The enrollment includes approximately 725 students in resident instruction and 3,500 enrollments in credit and noncredit continuing education courses. There are thirty-one full-time faculty members.
Penn State McKeesport
The McKeesport campus, founded in 1948, is located fifteen miles from Pittsburgh in
Allegheny County. The beautiful green campus borders the resurgent
industrial city of McKeesport, the residential community of White Oak, and
Renziehausen Park, a 258-acre
park with hiking trails, tennis courts, a Heritage Center, and flower gardens. The fifty-two-acre campus
major buildings, including the Kelly Library and Gruskin Learning Center,
male and female residence halls for 220 students, the Ostermayer
Laboratory, a variety of technology laboratories, and the Wunderley
Gymnasium. A new Student Community Center was completed in 2003. The forty full-time faculty teach and advise a diverse population of
approximately 700 undergraduate students. Penn State McKeesport offers service
learning courses and community engagement activities to support its vision
of "Success for the Student and the Community."
Penn State Mont Alto
The Mont Alto campus was founded in 1903, when it offered only one major field of
study--forestry. The campus, in Franklin County, is at the base of the 19,000-acre Michaux
Forest. A facility located within the Chambersburg Mall, approximately ten miles from
campus, opened in 1998. Mont Alto has fourteen major buildings, including Wiestling Hall,
the oldest building in all of Penn State. The campus has three residence halls that house
450 students as well as a food court. The enrollment includes more than 900 students in
residential instruction and approximately 3,000 credit and noncredit enrollments in
continuing and distance education. There are approximately sixty full-time faculty
Penn State New Kensington
The New Kensington campus was founded in 1958 and is located in Westmoreland County on
a 72-acre rural site near New Kensington. It has ten major buildings. The campus serves
approximately 900 students; there are forty full-time faculty members.
Penn State New Kensington takes great pride in the 18:1 student/faculty
"PSNK," as it is known to most students, offers the first two
years of 160 Penn State degree programs, a master's degree in education,
five baccalaureate degrees, nine associate degrees, and customized
continuing education programs.
Students have the opportunity to experience a wide range of cultural
activities and varsity sports, including basketball, volleyball, baseball,
cross-country, cheerleading, and golf.
Penn State Schuylkill
Established in 1934 in Pottsville and relocated to its present Schuylkill Haven site in 1967, Penn State Schuylkill is one of the oldest Penn State campuses outside Centre County. Penn State Schuylkill is home to six associate, four baccalaureate, and a master's degree program as well as the first two years of undergraduate study leading to most of the University's four-year degrees.
Penn State Shenango
The Shenango campus, founded in 1965, is located in Mercer County on a 14-acre urban
site in Sharon. Nine major buildings serve approximately 850 part- and full-time
students and 600 noncredit enrollments in Continuing Education. There are approximately
thirty-three full-time faculty members.
Penn State Wilkes-Barre
The Wilkes-Barre campus serves much of Luzerne County and also counties in the
northcentral part of the state. Originally founded in 1916 in downtown Wilkes-Barre, the
campus moved in 1968 to a scenic fifty-acre estate in a semi-rural setting
miles northwest of the city. It has six major buildings, three modular
buildings, and an observatory. The campus offers six baccalaureate and six
associate degree programs and serves approximately 700 students in resident instruction and 6,000
enrollments in Continuing Education. There are forty full-time faculty members.
Penn State Worthington Scranton
The Worthington Scranton campus was founded in 1923 and is located in Lackawanna County on
a 45-acre urban site in Dunmore that accommodates six major buildings. The enrollment
includes approximately 1,250 undergraduate students and 2,000 students
enrolled in Continuing Education programs/courses. There
are approximately seventy full-time faculty members.
Penn State York
Penn State first offered courses in York in 1926; the campus, which
has five major
buildings, moved to its present site in 1956. Penn State York also operates a
center in Lancaster that has served this community for fifteen years.
Enrollment includes more than 1,600 in credit courses through resident instruction and
more than 8,000 in continuing education. The campus offers seven baccalaureate
programs, six associate degree programs, and a focused master's degree in
Teaching and Curriculum.