City Square grassing project
In January 2003 the City of Melbourne upgraded the City Square with the installation of more seating and raised grass areas. These enhancements provided the opportunity for the Square to be better utilised as an informal gathering space.
The improvements provided the public with approximately 160m2 of soft seating and recreation space.
The natural development of the Square will progress over the next five to ten years as the street trees and eucalypts within the Square mature to full height and commercial activity is established along the edge of the Westin Hotel.
- Design and Project Management - City Projects Division
- Builders - Simpson Construction Company
- Irrigation Consultant - Ten Buuren Irrigation
- Quantity Surveyor - Currie & Brown
- Civil and Electrical Consultants - Connell Wagner