GENERAL GENETICS ON-LINE COURSE
Welcome the General Genetics On-line course. Its objective is to introduce students and the public in general to the basic concepts in genetics.
The contents of the course will be built-up progressively, thus you should check back periodically to see the new additions.
There is no time limit or pace to keep. Each user should set her/his parameters. This way, we hope everybody will enjoy learning a bit about the Science of the XXI Century.
How to use the material:
Although lateral links will be provided, it is recommended that first time users use the pages in sequence. Once they have become familiarized with the contents, they can use the materials more freely.
Users should note that in order to make explanations more general, we have used color coding in the pages that explain each concept. In some cases, we might subsequently use specific examples.
Users can find a help menu, and can also find explanations on navigational buttons, and a small glossary.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- Dominant-Recessive Inheritance
- X-linked Inheritance
- X-linked Recessive Inheritance (maternal gene)
- X-linked Recessive Inheritance (paternal gene)
- X-linked Dominant Inheritance (maternal gene)
- X-linked Dominant Inheritance (paternal gene)
- X-linked Dominant Inheritance with Male Lethality (maternal gene)
- X-linked Dominant Inheritance with Male Lethality (paternal gene)
- X-linked Dominant Inheritance with Male Sparing (maternal gene)
- X-linked Dominant Inheritance with Male Sparing (paternal gene)
- Lethal Alleles
- Recessive Lethal Alleles
- Dominant Lethal Alleles
- X-linked Dominant Lethal Alleles (maternal gene)
- X-linked Dominant Lethal Alleles (paternal gene)
- Sex-influenced Inheritance (Sexual dimorphism)
- Sex-limited Inheritance
- Sex-limited Inheritance (female)
- Sex-limited Inheritance (male)
- Epistasis and Hypostasis
- Complementary Gene Action (Intermediate product model)
- Duplicate Gene Action (Isozymes model)
- Dominance with Epistasis of Recessive Homozygote over Dominant Heterozygote (Double product model)
- Dominance with Epistasis of Dominant Heterozygote over Recessive Homozygote (Inhibitor model)
- Polygenic Inheritance (Quantitative traits)
- Two loci model
- Multiple loci model
© 1997 Armando G. Amador, M.D.
Last update: Saturday, 21 March, 1998 12:52:09